⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Even if hell freezes over 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Even if hell freezes over Empty Even if hell freezes over

on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 00:43

At the break of dawn, Diana had saddled her black mare and left the city of Caer Scion. Something she didn’t do very often, preferring the safe confines of the dark castle walls. But lately, the walls had been closing in on her. She felt smothered and suffocated being constantly surrounded by her family members who were constantly plotting and scheming. Part of her was happy that her house was taking a more tactful and pacifistic approach, but part of her also resented the fact that she was left out of everything. She was only a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

Convinced of her own expendability, she had put on a long, black cloak and headed out towards the Cursed Reach. The cloak disguised her pale skin and her white hair, making her unrecognizable to anyone who would see her. She had heard tales about the ruins of an old city within the centre of the Reach. A city that still held the knowledge of its former inhabitants. And perhaps it held the kind of knowledge that would breathe some life into her abilities. Traditional alchemy, something she knew she was born with, but never had bothered to use. Up until now. The further she rode north, the colder and darker it got. She refused to let the cold get to her, having lived in the Highlands all her life, but she couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched.

O P E N  

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Even if hell freezes over 8Qu1HDp
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

Even if hell freezes over Empty Re: Even if hell freezes over

on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 18:13

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK
little lamb to the slaughter。

The horse he was riding had managed to bring him home safely through way worse weather than the light snow that was falling now. It was bred for that exact purpose. Getting his rider home through any type of weather. He was a descendant from the first horses his clan had caught in the wild, in the True North beyond the Cursed Reach. His thick fur and small posture made sure he could keep going even when the temperatures became near unbearable. Arno himself was dressed in black clothes, with a fur covering his neck and shoulders.

From time to time, he stopped and checked his compass. He was still going into the right direction. It wasn't like he could find the way to the tower blindly by now, but he knew better than to let that up to luck. He tried to be prepared for everything. What he hadn't expected, was to suddenly find fresh tracks in the snow. Another horse, and by the look of it, it carried a rider too. The prints were too deep for just a horse alone. He spurred on his own horse and followed the tracks. After a while, in the distance, he spotted the contours of a rider and horse. Hers was way taller than his, yet they were going slower. Perhaps they had a long trip behind them, and the horse was tired.

For a second, he hesitated. He made up his mind soon after though. She was going into the direction of the tower. It was not intended to be found by strangers. So he kept following her, slowly catching up. He would let the noise of his horse warn her. For now it was better to not let it show he didn't like the fact she was closing in on the tower, so he wisely kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't want her to think he made her stop on purpose.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 20 Nov 2019, 16:54

Her horse, Elisif, had already made it abundantly clear that she had her reservations about the Cursed Reach. As soon as the animal had neared the place, she had become increasingly disobedient and incontrollable. It was crystal clear that the animal did not want to go any further, and Diana could imagine why. The place had something macabre about it, and the dark-haired mare probably sensed it too. Still, Diana forced her to venture onward. They had come too far to go back now.

Diana narrowed her eyes a little when she made out a particular shape in the far distance. Dead trees and something that resembled a building. Perhaps the old city was near, and with that, her destination. Her heart rate picked up a little, and she spurred Elisif on a little more. The animal, however, had enough difficulty trying to plough through the thick layers of snow and barely picked up the pace.

Her attention was then shifted to behind her, where she had heard the sound of another horse. Diana prompted Elisif to halt, and turned her upper body to check. A man, clad in dark clothing, riding a small yet sturdy horse. Diana took in a sharp breath, not knowing whether the man meant any harm or not. She ordered Elisif to turn, so she could face the other with more ease. “Who are you?” she demanded, loudly enough so her voice could overcome the icy winds.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:07

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

It was rare to see strangers so deep into the Cursed Reach. Only those who knew how to navigate the lands and how to prepare for the extreme cold dared to venture out into the wild by themselves. Born a true Northerner, he was trained to survive the harsh conditions, but even he struggled from time to time. He was lucky to have a horse bred for trips exactly like this. And now he could use the path the other horse had made they were even advancing faster. He made sure to hold back the reins a bit. He usually let the horse decide the pace, trusting the animal to know best when it came to the effort he delivered.

Regardless of the tempo, they were catching up steadily. At last the woman noticed him. She stopped and turned around. He didn't speed up though. Eventually he had to stop as well. She then asked him a question, the obvious one, with a tone that made clear she was very used to command people around. There was expectation in her voice. She demanded an answer. "A lone wanderer", He replied, keeping it vague. "Are you going to let me pass or what?" He then said. Her horse didn't look like she would keep going for much longer. Perhaps he could scare her off by intimidation, by showing her she was not fit for this journey she was apparently trying to take.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 12:08

As a little girl, Diana had always been told to heed places like this. She had heard horror stories about the Cursed Reach, about the alleged monstrosities it was home to. Dangerous people who belonged somewhere in between the dead and the living roamed the remains of the city that had once been great. She had always feared that one of those creatures would stray to far and end up in Caer Scion. The proverbial monster under her bed. But now she felt sceptical. What was a better way to secure valuable objects than making everyone believe that the place they were stored was life-threateningly dangerous?

It seemed as if she wasn’t the only one heading for the Cursed Reach. A man was right behind her, and Diana could only speculate as to whom he could be. The man described himself as a lone wanderer, which was an answer that left much to be desired. He asked whether she was going to let him pass, and Diana wondered whether he expected an actual answer to that. She couldn’t stop him if he tried, most likely. Elisif was nearly at her limit, but the man’s sturdy little horse seemed like it could go on for another two days. “Where are you headed?” she inquired. It seemed like it wasn’t the first time he’d been here, and maybe he could point her into the right direction. But that begged the question whether she was going to trust him or not.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 12:23

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

The longer he observed the woman, the more she seemed way out of place. It didn't look like she was carrying weapons. At least not those fit for hunting. She might be carrying a knife somewhere, hidden beneath her clothing. Or it was simply strapped to her saddle, on the side of the horse he could not see at the moment. How would she feed herself? Or protect herself, for that matter? There were quite enough creatures that would gladly feed on her out here. It was strange. He did not understand what she was doing here. It was not his concern either. What was important though, was to keep her away from the tower. Intimidation might work. However, she gave him another opportunity. One that could work in his favour even more.

"Some place warm and not infested with Undying", He replied. He repositioned himself in the saddle a bit. The longer he was standing still, the more the cold was getting to him. "I suggest you do the same", He added. He softly gave his horse a sign to start going again. After a few steps, he halted him, as if a thought had just occurred to him. "Oh, and I'd avoid the tower over there, if I were you", He said with a slight frown. He played it as if he was actually concerned about her safety. His goal was to make her think she was making the decisions, even though he was pushing her into a certain direction.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 12:53

Diana hadn’t prepared exceptionally well for her journey. She hardly ever left Caer Scion to begin with, and was largely ignorant of the evils that could be out here. She’d packed some food for herself and her horse, which she had stashed in a small bag connected to Elisif’s saddle. A small knife was sheathed under her cloak, even though she barely knew how to use it in the first place. Part of her had already made peace with the idea that she might not come back in one piece, or at all. If she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have come here in the first place.

The man posited that he was going somewhere warm and safe, and she cocked a white-haired eyebrow at him. He suggested that she do the same, but she hadn’t come this far to just give up and go home. She had already planned to ignore his advice, until he continued on and suddenly told her to avoid the tower in the far distance. She frowned and briefly looked at the dark tower, before returning her gaze to him. “Why?” she asked. “Do you know what’s in there?” She doubted the ugly building had what she was looking for, but perhaps he was trying to keep her away from there on purpose. Because he wanted everything inside for himself.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 13:13

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

His curiosity was certainly triggered. He wouldn't make her suspicious by asking questions though. She could learn from that. Her demanding way of addressing him could offend other men like himself. The few people living in the Cursed Reach did not bow to anyone. Let alone those who came from beyond the borders. Her attitude could mean her end around here. Especially in combination with the fact she was rather clueless about the environment she had found herself in right now. A storm could come up in a matter of hours. With little shelter, which was hard to find on top of that, many had died out here, their bodies lost beneath a thick layer of snow.

Of course he had expected her question. It was what he secretly had hoped for. He shook his head slowly. "Not what, but who", He corrected her. "Do you really think a building like that, the only obvious shelter in a wide area, would be abandoned?" He asked her, an amused tone in his voice. "It's occupied by a man and his three wives and children. Or well, his children are also his wives. He kills the boys when they are born", He said, shaking his head once more. "I mean, you can go knock on his door if you want. I'm sure he'd be happy to take you inside", He added. It was all a made up story. She didn't have to know that though. He doubted she would want to go see for herself.

And now, to make sure she would actually change her mind, he used another little trick. Offer a better alternative. "I suppose you should come with me then", He sighed. At least then he could keep an eye on her. "Let your horse rest for the night", He then added. Perhaps she didn't care for herself that much, but she sure wouldn't risk the life of an innocent animal, would she?

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 16:02

Diana wasn’t used to speaking to people in a non-demanding fashion. All her life, most people around her were there to serve her in some way, shape, or form. Now, however, there was a possibility that she needed something from the stranger instead, which would warrant her to speak to him a little more politely. He certainly seemed more familiar with the region than she was, which wasn’t too surprising. It made her wonder what reason he would have to come here more often. She hadn’t thought there actually would be anyone else here when she left.

She furrowed her brows when the man told her that someone lived in the tower. She gave him a look of sheer disbelief. Who on earth would voluntarily live in an awful place like that? She felt inclined to not believe him, but the story got weirder. About a man and his three wives, who also happened to be his children. Once the raven-haired man was done, Diana looked off and let out a humourless scoff. “You know, I was always told those kinds of ridiculous penny dreadfuls as a child,” she said, shaking her head a little. “But I’m a little too old to believe them anymore.” Nothing human lived here, she was sure of it.

The man then offered her to come with him instead, let her horse rest for the night. Elisif didn’t seem like she was going to make many more miles, and the idea didn’t sound too bad. But it would require her to trust a complete stranger wandering around in the Cursed Reach, which she was hesitant to do. “Where will you take me?” she decided to ask. It would be smarter to just turn back home, but she had come so close now.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 18:02

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

Up here there was no law. In theory these lands were still property of House Freyr. In practise though.. He had never seen guards up here. Whoever lived up here did so because they knew they would get away with whatever illegal practises they were involved in. No patrol would ever come to check upon the family in the tower. Even though he had lied about the location, this family actually existed. A man with fifteen to twenty young girls and women on a farm deep in the frozen tundra forest further up North. They had nowhere to run, so they stayed around, letting the man have his way with them when he felt like it.

A truly horrid story. Based in truth. And she scoffed at it. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Then don't", He simply shrugged. He wouldn't waste his energy with a useless argument. Because he had drawn her attention, and that was more than enough. "Look around you. There's mountains everywhere. Where do you think animals hide from the cold?" He said. The cave he had found was a special one, however. Though she would have to see that for herself. "Let's go", He then stated, encouraging his horse to start walking. He would not let her think about it too much. People that hesitated just needed a little push.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 21:05

Perhaps some part of her wanted to come here to be alone for a while. Really alone. Away from the constant gaze of the guards, from the leering eyes of her family members and their staff. There was always someone watching you in Caer Scion, waiting until you messed up in some way so they could burn you down. It felt good to actually be completely isolated from everything for once. Right up until the moment that she wasn’t alone anymore.

The man didn’t seem to care whether she believed his story or not, and Diana decided to leave it for what it was. In the back of her mind, however, she was rather curious whether there was a grain of truth to it. The stranger cut to the chase and told her to look around her. Diana almost looked offended for a few seconds. “You want me to spend the night in a cave?” she rhetorically asked in pure disbelief. Lady Diana Freyr, sleeping in an icy cave with a complete stranger. It was ridiculous. But what was the alternative? Freezing to death or going back. She eventually sighed and nodded. “Alright,” she muttered, and spurring Elisif on to start walking again. Something her mare was not very eager to do.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 22:11

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

The realisation set in slowly, but once it did, it hit her like a brick. He had to admit it was quite amusing. "For all I care you spend the night outside", He retorted. He truly didn't care. Actually, as long as she didn't go to that tower, it was all fine. He'd prefer her staying out in the cold, in all honesty. Because he was not at all looking forward to spending a night in a confined space with a woman he didn't know.

Luckily, the cave was quite big. It could easily fit two horses. The only challenge would be getting hers through the narrow entrance. His was used to it by now. Arno got off his horse and gently pushed him into the direction of the cave. He casually walked up to what seemed to be a solid wall, only to disappear into the crack that was just wide enough to let his body pass. He then turned around and pulled up a brow. "Come on then, we ain't got all day", He told her. He was impatient to get inside. At least it would be warmer there.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:50

Diana knew she was a little spoilt. Or a lot. She’d never slept anywhere other than a king sized bed, while she knew some of her people didn’t even have a roof over their head to protect them from the cold at night. And now she was to spend the night in a godforsaken ice cave. If she’d known that, she would have thought twice about heading here. But perhaps, it would teach her some humility. The man told her it made no difference to him if she’d spend the night in the cave or here outside. “I’d rather not,” she eventually told him. It was the best idea to just let her horse rest for a while and continue on tomorrow.

She quietly followed him, hoping that Elisif wouldn’t give in just yet. The mare was obedient, but got rather stubborn when she was really tired. She didn’t want to be stuck in the ice and snow at night because her horse refused to go on any longer. Diana got off of her horse when he did, leading hers into the same direction. Her eyes widened a little when he slid through a crack that made her feel claustrophobic by merely looking at it. She hesitated for a moment, but then attempted to work her way through. The impatient words from the other man weren’t exactly helping. “Yes, alright, calm down,” she urged him, as she scuffled her way through the narrow crack. At least Elisif seemed to sense that the end of the trip was near, and finally had decided to be cooperative.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 20:08

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

In silence, they had reached the cave. They were beyond the tower now, meaning that if she planned on going further up North, she would not run into it anymore. He doubted she would be able to find her way back. He also doubted she would come back at all. He wasn't planning on taking her with him beyond this point. He had other business to attend to. Experiments to carry out. He had come to the Cursed Reach because it was the safest place to refine the recipe of the liquid fire. That was business she did not have to know about. So, when the morrow would come, he'd be on his way, leaving her to her own.

For now, he would have to sit through a night in a cave with her. He went inside first, hurrying her up after. He had already grabbed a torch. From his saddlebag, he grabbed a rag, drenched in oil. He wrapped it around the head of the torch, lighting it with a flintstone. The more he walked on, the more spacious the cave got, until he reached yet another crack in the wall. Next to it, he had put a metal ring inside the rock, in which another torch was positioned. The cloth was a little damp, but he managed to get it to burn anyway.

"We leave the horses here", He said, walking up to his and starting to take off his gear. He placed it all on a pile, after which he pulled out a thick blanket to put over his back. He then turned around, gesturing her to follow him once she was done.

This opening was smaller, it didn't fit a horse, but they would be safe in the cave he had left them. And in case another predator showed up, the horses would be their first encounter. Grim as it was, it could mean life or death for him and the woman. Once he was in the next room, he could feel the temperature rising. All due to a hot spring, that pooled at the back and streamed further into the mountain after. He started putting up lights in here as well. He had used this cave before, which was clear by the stash of equipment he had left. He was pleased to see that no one else had discovered the cave, and it was all still in place. "Not so bad for a cave, huh?" He said to her, after she had walked into the room as well. He took off his thick fur cape and coat. Home sweet home.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 23:19

Diana found herself wondering what was actually in the tower. She didn’t believe the little story the man had spun for her, but she didn’t think the tower was completely harmless either. Part of her was eager to find out what was inside. Perhaps it was the exact thing she was looking for, but perhaps it was nothing of interest. The only way to know was to find out for herself, but she had already given up on that by travelling to the cave with him. A stranger whose name was still unknown to her. It was foolish to trust him.

She made her way through the narrow passage, watching him as he lit a torch. He was very well prepared, unlike her. She followed him to another crack in the wall, where he lit another torch. She frowned a little. “Do you live here?” she asked, slightly horrified at the idea of a man living in an icy cave such as this one. How awful must that be?

A weird feeling started to originate in the pit of her stomach as he told her to leave her horse behind. She briefly ran her hand over Elisif’s nose, more than hesitant to part with her. She separated the bag from the horse’s saddle and slung it over her shoulder. She took out the little bit of food she’d brought for Elisif first, feeding it to the mare until her company was done. She then followed him again.

A surprised look appeared on her face as the temperature seemed to rise as they made their way into the cave. The cold had made its way into her bones by now, but the sudden surge of warmth was still a welcome change. She removed the hood of the cloak from her head, showcasing her snow-white hair. She hummed in agreement to his words and put down the heavy bag. “How’d you find this?” she inquired, actually visibly impressed by all of it.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 23:36

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

Survival was priority out here. He loved his horse. He had been his loyal companion on all his trips for years now. He had a bond with the animal that was undeniable. He cared about him as he cared for a friend; which made it even more fucked up, because in the end he would sacrifice the animal for the sake of his own survival. He would have no problem with using another human to die either. It was a mindset passed down on him through his bloodline. Up in the North only the strong made it through the night.

Eventually, the woman parted from her horse too. She asked if he lived here, to which he responded by pulling up his brows. "What, do you think I'm some kind of savage barbarian living in a fucking cave?" He asked her in return. "Of course not", He huffed after. "I've used this particular cave as a hide-out before, is all", He then explained the presence of all the equipment.

It was no wonder he had picked this cave over any other in the near vicinity. It had the pool of warm water heating up the cave to an almost comfortable level. A fire would make it better, but he was not planning on killing himself by suffocating in the smoke. "Because I was taught how to", He answered her question. In the meantime, he opened up a crate, containing some warm furs. "Help yourself", He said, gesturing towards it. He spread his own on the ground and sat down, leaning back against the wall of the cave. He took some food he had brought with him, smoked and salted meat and some bread, and started eating. It was not because he happened to have a guest, he would take it upon himself to entertain her.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 23:50

Diana was completely new to this world. She never had to survive a day in her life. Everything had always been arranged for her perfectly. She had always had a safe place to stay, a comfortable bed to sleep in, and abundance of good food to it. The man she was with, however, seemed to be quite an expert when it came to surviving in a harsh and unforgiving climate such as this one. It was admirable, for sure, but Diana couldn’t help but wonder why he would put himself through such misery to begin with.

Apparently, he couldn’t really appreciate her genuine question as to whether he lived here or not. Diana really didn’t know. Who would spend so much effort finding a place like this, even hanging up torches and all? He explained that he had used this cave as a hideout a few times. So he did live in the cave. But only part-time. Diana just kept quiet.

The newfound warmth was very pleasant, and Diana found herself being glad she had chosen to come with him after all. She couldn’t help but feel bad for her horse, however, who would have to spend the night in the cold. She softly hummed in response to his question. He then opened a crate with some furs and told her to help herself, which she eagerly did. She grabbed one out of the crate and slung it over her shoulders, pulling it tightly against her. “Thank you, for your help,” she softly said, after which she sat down as well. A comfortable distance away from him. She sat there in silence for a little while, nibbling on the little bit of food that she’d brought with her. One question in particular stayed in her mind, and she decided to just come forward and ask. “What are you doing this far north?” No one ever came here, and the people who did usually met an undesirable fate. He, however, had been here more than a couple times and survived. How?

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 00:17

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

There was a certain vibe to her that made him wonder what her story was. He had a feeling she was clueless about a lot of things happening around her. As if she had lived in a cave, underneath a stone, instead of him. He was quite certain that she would have died, were it not that he had encountered her before. She was clearly headed for some place, yet he could not think of anything that could have peaked her interest in such a way it had made her decide it was a good idea to come to the Cursed Reach to find it.

This place was avoided even by those who knew a basic thing or two about surviving in a snowy landscape like this one. She, however, had walked straight into the icy wasteland, unprepared. At least she had swallowed her pride by now, thanking him for his help. He simply hummed in response. He was not a very talkative person to begin with. Though she clearly did not catch that hint.

Another question. Arno held back a sigh. He swallowed his food before answering. "I should be the one asking you", He pointed out. She did not at all fit in this environment. "Research", He then answered her question nonetheless. It was short, and it had a clear message: don't ask more questions.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 17:13

Diana had overestimated herself. Either that, or she had underestimated the cruelty of the Highlands. Having lived her all her life, she was familiar with the cold. It was something that she could take, that she knew how to deal with. But being out here by herself posed so many more dangerous than just the extreme temperatures. Something she hadn’t exactly realized just yet. She knew, yes, but it had always been at the back of her mind. She was only now starting to find out how terrifying the world could be if one hadn’t been raised as sheltered and as protected as she was.

She side-eyed the other man, wondering where he’d come from. He must have lost something, or had nothing to begin with. She couldn’t imagine any other way anyone condemning themselves to a life like this if they had other options. Someone who cared about themselves didn’t travel to places as dangerous as this one.

He was making it clear that he didn’t exactly appreciate her questions. At least, that’s what she gathered from his tone of voice. He deflected the question, before answering it very vaguely. Research. She softly hummed, ripping of a piece of the dried meat she’d brought. “I guess we have a similar purpose then,” she stated. She didn’t doubt that he was looking for something very different than her, but she also knew that he wasn’t going to tell her anyway.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Wolf

Character Sheet
Arno Gunnarsson
Arno Gunnarsson
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 23:08

YOU MARCH IN THE DARK

Enjoying his meal in silence, like he would usually do, was not part of the planning tonight. It seemed like he had brought home a talkative person. Regrets. He should have known better. It was not necessarily the talking that annoyed him, it was the questions. There was no way she wasn't aware he would not answer them. So she must be posing them because she knew it got on his nerves. Or she was truly naive. That was also a possibility.

A chuckle sounded at her response. "Do we now?" He said, obviously doubting her words. Unless she was doing research about hypothermia. Then she had been on the right track. His blue gaze turned towards her. He took the time to take in her features. "Where are you from?" He then asked. She had made clear it was interrogation hour, and he would not let her get away with all the information, no matter how vague his answers were.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum