⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Heart upon my sleeve WQpCWI4
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

Heart upon my sleeve Empty Heart upon my sleeve

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 16:07
WHEN ALL SHE LOVED HAS LEFT THE KEEP
THE RAINS ABOVE US GENTLY WEEP
The wind blew some more snow in her face and she shivered. Her feet were hurting from walking for hours on end, leading the poor horse with her that she had chosen. She was actually feeling pretty guilty for taking the creamy coloured mare with her, but releasing her now in the hope she would find her way back home would most likely be even crueler. Nox tightly held onto the reigns of the animal as she pulled her with her. A few hours ago, she had noticed how the mare had grown tired and she had decided to walk. Night had fallen and she hadn’t found a good spot to sleep. She had tried to make a fire but had failed to do so because there was no dry wood around.
She didn’t know how, but she tripped and ended up in the thick layer of snow. Some sobbing sounds came from her mouth as she tried to push herself up, letting the reigns slip out of her hands. She was freezing cold, tired, hungry. She had been out here in the cold for not even longer than two days and she was already lost. The sobbing continued and she felt some tears drop down over her cheeks. The wind kept howling and the horse made a soft sound, lowering her head to see what her human was doing on the ground.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

shaking off your troubled soul

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

as the world dissolves below
Heart upon my sleeve B3547c6308bb827952896308355f224a
Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

Heart upon my sleeve Empty Re: Heart upon my sleeve

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 16:21
N
ights were dangerous around here. They were supposed to be full of predators, hunting and stalking any traveler who dared to cross the roads at this time of night. But Kaz had places to go to and people to see, meaning that traveling at night was custom for him. Not once had he encountered some foul beast that wanted to eat him or his horse whole. So Kaz threw the caution away and did his own thing.

It was cold, he couldn't deny that and he longed for warmth. But the journey had to be continued if he wanted to be back in time. If it meant freezing to death for a little while, so be it. Riverhold was a couple of days away and he desperately wanted to get back to business. Though Riverhold was far from his favorite city, it felt wrong to be away from it for too long. So his trips to other places were usually not longer than two, maybe three weeks. He had a business to run after all.

The snow bit in his face and his horse was starting to feel tired, but it would be a couple of more miles before they would be out of the forest and there would be an inn nearby. They could rest there. But the Thief abruptly stopped his horse when a different kind of shadow showed up before him. Or well, more on the side of the road. Even from this distance he could hear her cry and upon getting closer, Kaz recognized her. She looked very out of place here. ''This isn't really a place to die now, is it?'' He raised his brow, looking down on her. No, this girl definitely did not belong here.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 16:55
The snowing seemed to get worse by the minute and she had to shield her eyes so that the cold snowflakes wouldn’t freeze them. Her horse was clearly struggling too, the road was slippery and they had been on the move for a long time on end. She didn’t want any guards following her and dragging her back to the castle. She had left a letter for her family, though, telling them to not worry about her and that she would let them know she was alright from time to time, but that she needed some space and time to think. They all must have seen how unhappy she was since she returned from the Glade. They might have seen it coming.
Some soft sobbing could be heard, though the howling wind drowned out the sounds she made. Her horse was just standing there, brushing her delicate nose over her shoulder, but she couldn’t do anything else but wheeping. She hadn’t noticed another horse closing in on them and it wasn’t after she heard his voice that she looked up. A few shuddery breaths left her mouth as she tried to focus on the person looking down on her, yet her vision was a little vague because of the tears.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:06
K
az couldn't exactly be called 'kind'. But he wasn't cruel. In his own way, he cared for people, yet showed it only very minimally. He cared very deeply for John, he cared for the people working for him, for the cause that he stood for. But expressing that feeling had always been hard for him. So he didn't try and he didn't do it. Why would he if it only caused trouble?

Getting off a horse wasn't exactly easy for the thief, but with a bit of struggle he got down. He grabbed his cane, nothing how freezing it actually was. His legs felt stiff, but he took the extra steps to get to the girl. She didn't seem to recognize him, but that didn't matter. He wasn't going to let someone freeze to death here. He kneeled down, trying to get a better look at her. He wasn't going to ask her what she was doing here, he didn't care. But he didn't want her to die. Without saying a word he got up again, reaching out a hand she could grab and get herself up. ''Let's get somewhere warm.'' When that goal was reached, they could talk.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:18
The cold had crept into her bones deeper than it had ever done before. Her clothes were soaked by the snow and the icy wind seemed to blow right through them. Someone must have heard her sobbing, because not long after she had fallen down to the ground a horse stopped next to her and she heard a voice that sounded oddly familiar. For a moment, she was afraid it might be one of the guards and that all of this had been for nothing, but it wasn’t.
Once the man got closer, she recognized him. A few sniffs left her mouth as she looked how he kneeled down. Her bare hands were freezing cold and there were still some tears in her eyes. The man got up again and held out his hand, telling her they should go somewhere warm. Nox reached up for his hand and let him pull her up from the ground. Her touch was icy cold because she wasn’t wearing any gloves, just a thick fur over her clothes that was supposed to keep her warm, but had gotten soaked by she snow.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:25
W
hat had pushed this girl to go out into the freezing cold? Why was she here with just a horse and her coat? Questions that he liked an answer to, but weren't important right now. Because right now they needed to get out of the snow and some place warm, preferably safe as well.

Thankfully, she grabbed his hand. Hers was very, very cold. Almost as if she was dead already. The path lead further, out of the forest eventually. But that would take too long. So, Kaz decided that getting to Riverhold needed to wait for a little bit because this girl would probably not make it. ''There's a spot nearby.'' He noted, grabbing the reins of his horse and leading it off the path, into the forest. They were close to the mountains, meaning that there were many spots for resting around. You just needed to find them. Kaz tried not to let the cold get to him, but couldn't help but shudder for a bit. He looked over his shoulder, hoping that she trusted him enough to follow him. She would be at least desperate enough.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:30
It had been foolish of her to leave so unprepared. She had only packed some food and clothes, thinking the rest would come on the way. She should’ve taken more, yet she had left most things. In Caer Scion. All her brushes and paint and canvasses, she had left them all behind. There simply hadn’t been any space to take them with her. She couldn’t hunt, she didn’t know the way and she wasn’t able to make a fire. It had been a suicide mission, really.
The man helped her back on her feet and she reached for the reigns of her mare, that was still standing next to her, looking at the other horse. He said that there was a spot not far away and she couldn’t do anything but follow him. There wasn’t anywhere else for her to go at this point. Her mare eagerly followed the other horse, probably liking the company after roaming around with only her human for one and a half day.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:39
F
uck this cold, really. The longer they were in the snow, the more he started to hate it. Why did he need to pick up lost strays on the side of the road? What kind of sense of responsibility was that? He gained nothing from this but the short moment where he felt good because he saved a life instead of killing one for once. This whole situation didn't help him in the slightest.

Yet, he persisted, reminding himself how she must feel, how cold she was. Because Kaz was starting to feel that cold as well. He led them deeper into the forest, where snow got halted by some of the last leaves on the trees. It wasn't much, but it was at least no longer flying into their faces. Kaz didn't speak, seeing no reason in striking up a conversation in the bloody cold with a half frozen girl.

Their journey continued for some time, but eventually the surroundings got rockier and something that looked like a mountain slope, doomed up before them. A little bit of walking to the base of one of the many mountains of the Iron Ridge and they had reached something that looked like a cavern, going deeper into the mountain. Kaz wasn't sure if it would be any less cold, but at least they would be dry. And so would their horses. The place was hidden, but an experienced traveler knew and could always find refuge there.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 17:56
Nox was using her last bit of energy to follow the man and his horse through the forest. She wasn’t sure if she should’ve left the path, but everything was better than the snow in her face and the wind that made her shiver. She quietly followed the man, not really able to start a conversation because she was putting all her energy in walking. There was no need for speaking anyways.
Just when she thought she couldn’t walk any further, she noticed the cavern that showed up at the mountain in front of them. It would shield them and their horses from the wind, and perhaps it would even keep a fire from blowing out, if he knew how to make one, something which she didn’t. Nox took in a shaky breath as she followed the dark-haired man towards the opening in the mountain, hoping they wouldn’t disturb anyone that might have found the shelter before they did. She really couldn’t use that right now.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 18:49
F
he moment they entered the cavern, it felt ten times more pleasant than being covered in snow. Kaz couldn't help himself and let out a deep sigh, guiding his horse towards a part where some hay was spread out on the ground. He bound the reins of his horse to a small piece of rock that was sticking out from the wall. It was clear that he had been here before. He reached out his hand to tie up the reins of her horse as well.

With the horses safe and sound, it was now just them. He grabbed some of the stuff that he packed for along the road, handing her a, somewhat, dry and warm blanket. The cane echoed as he walked deeper into the cavern, and just as expected, saw some dry firewood laying around. ''Let's warm up first. After that you can tell me what the fuck you were thinking out there.'' The thief had been out on the road many times before, making a fire was just as easy as walking.. for someone who wasn't crippled. Soon enough a little fire lit the darkness around them as it tried to banish the cold to the outside. Another sigh left his lips as he sat down and stretched out his bad leg. Warmth at last.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 19:34
A relieved sigh left her mouth as she guided her horse into the cavern. She made sure her horse was alright and then tied her up next to the other one, taking the blanket from him and putting it around her shoulders. She followed him deeper into the cavern, looking around in the darkness for a bit. Only the vague light of the moon made sure they were able to see. She eyed him as he spoke about warming up some more and then looked at the dry firewood. He clearly came here more often. Or someone at least did. She wasn’t complaining, though. Quietly, she sat down next to the place he started a little fire, waiting for the flickering flames that would light up the cave.
Nox moved a little closer to the fire and warmed her frozen hands, letting out a shaky breath as she felt the warmth of the flames melting the thin layer of ice. She was still cold, but it already was many times better than it had been. If her clothes started to dry up some more, it might even be somewhat comfortable. Not as comfortable as the Caer Scion castle, no, but that was the last place she wanted to be right now.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 20:21
T
he fact that he was sitting here in a cave about to be snowed in with a Freyr, said a lot about his poor life choices. The thief eyed her for a moment. She could be leverage, ransom maybe even. But it still raised the question what she had been doing out there. Darkness had long settled when he had found her, meaning that she must've been on her way for some time. But he had looked at the stuff she packed. It was like she had left in a rush, unprepared.

A silence settled, neither of them apparently wanting to strike up a conversation about the weird situation they were in. Kaz sighed, again, and grabbed a flask from the inside of his coat. He turned the cap off and handed it to the girl. ''This'll help.'' He grumbled. Liquor for emergencies. And right now looked like an emergency. The man turned his attention towards the entrance of the cave, seeing a small creature fly in. A swift spike of relief filled his chest as the crow sat down on his knee, glad to find a fire to warm its feathers.

Kaz cleared his throat, bringing his eyes back to her. ''So,'' He started, stroking the feathers of the crow for a moment. ''What the fuck were you doing out there?'' He held no right to her answer, but he would like it very much if she gave one. Or else he had saved her for nothing.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 14:58
She was very lucky that Kaz had literally pulled her out of the snow and taken her to a place that would shield them from the snowstorm. The odds of her surviving the night without freezing to death had been very small, so she pretty much owed him at this point. Nox sat down on the cold floor and waiting until he would make a fire. She looked up at his words and took the little flask from him, briefly smelling what was in it. She then placed it against her lips and took a sip. Perhaps she would warm up a little, at least from the inside. She handed the flask back to him. It probably wasn’t a good idea if she drank it all.
A faint smile appeared on her face as she watched the crow that landed on his leg. She had seen the animal before and it had fascinated her, yet her attention was soon drawn back to Kaz himzelf. He asked her what the fuck she was doing out there. Nox swallowed and quickly thought how she was going to phrase this the right way. ”I walked away from home,” she softly said, nuzzling her nose in the blanket he had given her.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Cat.

Character Sheet
Kaz Winter
Kaz Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 06 Oct 2019, 15:39
T
hings were stirring, and not in a good way. The tournament had been boring, not easy to work with and Kaz was eager to return home. He hadn't expected to pick up a hitchhiker along the way, but here they were. Almost snowed in, cold and drenched and probably better off without the other.

Kaz put the flask away, not feeling a drink right now. He was tired, yes, but he could relax with a drink when he was back in Riverhold. If he ever reached that foul place. Things weren't well in Kraken's Lair. Someone had talked, maybe even exposed the entire operation. It hadn't gone unnoticed and Kaz knew he quickly had to settle things. So, doing this wasn't exactly helping his situation. But he wasn't about to let her die to some stupid cold. Fuck the Highlands.

He raised a brow at her explanation. There were a lot of details he needed to hear to fill up the gaps. No one ever walked away from home without a reason. He was one of the people who could know that. ''That's it?'' He questioned her, with a slight disapproving look. ''That's your entire story?'' She was a Freyr, she had everything at her disposal. Something else had to have happened for her to throw that all away. ''Who hurt your feelings?'' It was a random guess. Nox seemed to be at that age where boys could have a bigger influence than they needed to be and when things didn't go as she imagined them, reactions could be extreme. Not that he had any experience.

Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 21:48
Of course the man wanted to know what she had been doing in the snow. Or rather, how she had ended up there in the first place, because it had been painfully obvious she had been freezing to death in the forest. Nox simply explained that she walked away from home. He asked if that was the enitre story and she swallowed, knowing there was much more behind it than she was telling him right now. ”Someone made me a promise and broke it, kinda,” she then said, looking at the crackling fire. ”A boy, yeah.” She knew what he was thinking. That she was some stupid girl, falling head-over-heels for some random boy. But this had been different. Or at least, she desperately believed this was different. But the way he had left her behind, to never see her again, said something completely different.
+ tagkaz
+ noteshorse
BY MITZI

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum