⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
I bit off more than I can chew Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

I bit off more than I can chew Empty I bit off more than I can chew

on Fri 20 Nov 2020, 22:26

After making the toughest decision of his life it had taken another week before he had finally started thinking about the execution of his plans. This huge change would have an impact across the entire Highlands and beyond. It had to be planned out carefully. He could certainly not do it by himself either. Hence why he was on his way to see his brother. Jupiter had made a good recovery so far, so he felt less guilty to bother him with this. The consequences would be great. He hoped they wouldn't be overwhelming. There was only one way to find out. Luckily he knew he could count on his family. It definitely helped with the nerves.

After knocking he entered the room his brother was in. ”Brother”, He greeted the other man. A quick but thorough glance taught him he was doing better than the last time he had seen him. ”If you feel well enough, there is something I wish to discuss with you”, He then said. The tone in his voice indicated it was serious business.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
I bit off more than I can chew Dz9nkBK
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

I bit off more than I can chew Empty Re: I bit off more than I can chew

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 11:18
Jupiter had returned back home the moment his injuries let him. He didn’t want to be in Wineport when he found out how much he was able to use his arm again. But the physicians here said the same thing as there, that it would take time to figure out how much nerve damage he had. So he needed to be patient and wait. Feel his own body out. A process that wasn’t really cut out for any Freyr. Jupiter pushed himself in training, ignoring the pain in some movements, the constant tingling feeling in his fingers. Waiting … no he wouldn’t wait. Not for his own health at least.

A knock on the door diverted his attention from the letter he was holding. When he saw his brother in the doorway he stood immediately up, respecting the high lord as if it wasn’t his brother at all. He ignored the greeting as he studied the expression on his brother’s face. There was something and as soon as Apollo spoke his suspicion got confirmed. ‘Yes offcourse.’ He reacted out of instinct, offering him a seat. Jupiter went to sit down in front of him, watching his brother carefully. ‘What did you want to discuss?’ He asked, almost too afraid to do so. He hadn’t seen his brother the way as he did now. Did something happen to Mercury, Delaney? Where there trouble in the highlands? The hunger? He couldn’t know, not until his brother spoke up.
The hardest person to love is yourself.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 15:36

After the war some of the men he had sent down to support Lord Vigneron had not returned home. Another sum of casualties, bodies piled up, blood on his hands. Men had died for the decisions he had made. Others had been lucky to have escaped the embrace of death a while longer. For a price. Jupiter had been among those. It was good to have him home during his recovery. He had been under the supervision of their best physicians. He was clearly doing better now, though he had a long road ahead.

For now he only required his brain to function. Apollo sat down opposite of his brother and folded his hands in his lap. His finger turned his wedding ring around a couple of times before he inhaled deeply. "In the past few years the Highlands have been struck by one disaster after the other", He started of. "Each time we managed to get through, but not without struggle. I as the leader of our people have done my absolute best to keep the damage to a minimum, sometimes more successful than others", He went on. He now placed his hands on the table and leaned forward. "I have seen my share of ruling. And now that I have a family of my own I find it harder and harder to keep the wellfare of the region as my highest priority. Therefore I have decided to step down and resign my claim to the throne", He ended his plea. He wasn't really here to discuss all that. That decision was set in stone. No, he was here to speak of the next step. "So now my question to you is if you are willing to take my place, considering you are the rightful heir, as second son to Lord Mercury."

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 10:25
Jupiter was always the quiet one in house Freyr. He had observed his family like nobody else would be able to. He always had more brains than fighting strength and still, here he was, survived a battle and arrived back home for further recovery. He had grown in a position that benefits both his family and hers. All of this was because of Ophelia. But as his brother came in and set down Jupiter knew right away that something wasn’t right. The way his brother looked down to his wedding ring, how he let some silence linger … what was going on?

Just as he wanted to ask what was happening his brother spoke and Jupiter looked at him with a serious gaze. Jupiter tried to follow what he was saying. The north had always won. Yes, not always liked they hoped they would but they were the better once. No other country could stop those undying as they did. But why was he saying all those things. And then it came and Jupiter slowly leaned back. No … he couldn’t be saying that. He knew his brother to be the strongest one of all. He had fought for his country, his family and now he was just … giving up. His eyes went slowly back to the proposition. ‘No.’ He reacted right away. ‘If you can’t, I can’t either.’ He leaned forward on the desk. ‘You know I’m too young to concern myself over the people, to fight for them the way you did.’ He said in all of his honesty. He never wanted it. It was the one thing that scared him when his father died, to be the next in line. ‘I respect your choice, I won’t ask you any questions but don’t push me in this. I will fail. My duty is to our alliance, let me honor that.’ He explained. That meant Diana needed to take over and she wasn’t even here. Nox was dead, that only left the bastards. ‘Vulcan had stayed by your side throughout this all,’ Maybe it was better. It would mean that Vulcan needed to be legitimized, that he would still be the next in line if Vulcan would die. But he couldn’t do it himself, he didn’t have the experience, Vulcan had. But he still asked himself … why?

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:06

This shift in power would hopefully not upset the balance in the Highlands too much. It was why he did what he did now. Pass on the torch before his mistakes would weaken House Freyr. The last thing he wanted was for someone to think they could exploit any weaknesses and try to overthrow them. The news clearly surprised Jupiter. He slowly leaned back as the message sank in more. His expectations were then fulfilled. His brother did not want to rule. He had never been interested in that, instead developing other skills to support the Lord rather than be one himself.

"I would never force you into doing this against your will. In all honesty I am relieved you decline. You have other talents that are more useful to our House", He said with a nod. "I just wanted to make sure you could decide for yourself", He added. He did not want to skip over anyone. This had to happen in the right way. "My mind had gone to Vulcan too", He then admitted. "He was right there when father taught me all about ruling. All he lacks is the name and experience. I would legitimize him and stand by him for a while with my advice, if he agrees", He explained his plan. "Any thoughts you would like to share? Am I missing something important?" He then asked. If there were any flaws in this idea he wanted to catch them early.

Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 11:27
In a way, the whole picture he had about his brother shattered. Maybe he thought too much back about their father, imaging Apollo just as their father. Maybe he expected too much. Maybe he was away too long to recognize the signs, the weaknesses his brother started to show. But this wasn’t a weakness. Stepping aside asked courage. Because he was placing himself above the people it took a lot for him. If not he would suffer under the duty and it was exactly for this reason that Jupiter never wanted to be a lord. He wouldn’t be able to carry the burden.

So when his brother gave him the offer he immediately declined. Part of him was afraid of the reaction that would cause. What if Apollo expected him to be the next lord of Caer Scion? But as his brother spoke there was a relief and Jupiter slowly leaned back in his seat. ‘I can’t lead, not like you or father did.’ He said. Jupiter was far better in following, to use his mind and talents elsewhere. His brother saw that too. ‘Thank you.’ He nodded with respect. Vulcan on the other hand … he had the experience and talents to rule. And again Apollo agreed. ‘Vulcan has always been a Freyr, grant him the name, let him lead the people further.’ He agreed with a soft smile. Yet, it didn’t take away the fact that Apollo was pushing away the position. When he asked if there was something else Jupiter slowly shook his head, looking down at the letter had received out of Wineport. ‘I’m not sure what this shift in power will do to the world. So if you let me I want to leave for Wineport again, make sure that our alliance with them stands strong. We will need it,’ he paused. It wasn’t a secret that hunger would strike the north. ‘Are you staying for the winter? What will you do?’ He then asked. There was nothing more important than the welfare of his brother. Jupiter needed to know that Apollo would be alright, otherwise, he wouldn’t leave.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 03 Dec 2020, 21:27

The plan he had in mind could cause some problems. He was almost certain there were people that would not be happy with the fact a bastard was the new High Lord. The Highlands were quite conservative on the matter. They looked down upon bastards still. It was ridiculous to him. Both Vulcan and Manea had occasionally looked after Caer Scion and its business before, when no one else was available due to circumstances. He knew his older brother would be a good ruler. For the people to accept him they had to stand behind him as one, as the entire House Freyr.

Jupiter already offered his support, agreeing with the plan immediately. It calmed his mind about the matter a bit. His younger brother had different experiences and insights. "We do need our allies, but the Highlands have thrived alone in the past too. I agree we should try to maintain our relations but if they prove to be difficult about it we can not let it undermine our integrity. It would harm Vulcan's position", He tossed in his two cents. "Are you fit to travel again? How is your recovery going?" He then asked. He regularly asked the doctors about it but Jupiter knew best how he felt himself. "For now I am staying here, until Vulcan is comfortable in his new role. Then I will follow Delaney to wherever she wants to go", He explained. It was time he spent his energy on his own family and his own mental health, which was the reason they were having this conversation in the first place.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum