⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

After months of drought, dark clouds make their way to Avalance and rain starts pouring, and pouring, and pouring. People believe the Gods have finally answered their prayers.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The drought has ended and Avalance rejoiced the start of the rain. Yet when the rain didn't end and weather became worse and worse, the people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands..

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Drag my dark into the dawn Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Drag my dark into the dawn Empty Drag my dark into the dawn

on Mon 19 Oct 2020, 22:20
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Winter would never wait untill one was ready. This year had not been an exception to that rule, except.. this year had hit them so much harder than ever before. People were starving, children would die and she.. she was well fed. Warm and safe. It felt wrong, incredibly wrong. She was one of the people, one among them but where her people were starving, she was being kept safe. Where her people were dying.. she would survive and this time not because her own strenght but because she had married into the right family.

It made her feel sick down to her bones.

Hadn’t that been why she was out hunting now? In the silence of the woods. Alone and so.. fulnerable perhaps. But in these silent woods she was exactly who she was always ment to be. Her white dappled stallion breezing in the cool night air. She ran her hand through his thick mane and moved onwards. The sun had begun his descent a long time ago and soon night would fall. In these quiet moments when the world was washed in a red glow she knew she could find the best prey. Those that walked the twilight in search of their own prey.

It had been quite the ride down south from the capital of the Highlands to the Ironwood forest, but she needed the few days away from everyone. Even if it ment away from her son. She needed the moments to return to who she truly was. A hunter, a warrior. Yes, that had been who she was, before she wore dresses and beautiful gowns made by the finest artist. Now she was wearing a simple armor set stuffed with furs to keep her warm. It resembled her original dressing style quite a bit more and once she had put it on outside the city gates she had instantly felt like she was 18 again. Young and wild and perhaps even a bit free.

If freedom had ever been something she could have. If her soul hadn’t been sold a long, long time ago.

The darkened thoughts clouded her mind and she quickly pushed them away. Focussing on ther surroundings once more. She had let her stallion lead her. Leaving the reigns hanging loosly around his neck, knowing his natural walk would interest those who would hunt prey his size. But when they came for him, she would take them down instead. Hearing soft footsteps she immediatly focussed. Stretching an arrow over her bow and narrowed her eyes to the sound. It was a single wolf staring at them through the shadows and with a small smile she lowered her bow for a second, nodding her respect to the animal she felt such affinity with before pulling the bow up once more. ”Thank you for your offer.” She whispered and released her arrow, letting it sail through the air and hitting the mighty beast straight inbetween it’s eyes. Stopping it’s heart in the same beat. A family would eat, and another would be kept warm by the thick furs. That was worth the dead of the mighty beast. Everything and everyone had a price.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Drag my dark into the dawn 5QbQ8oG
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

Drag my dark into the dawn Empty Re: Drag my dark into the dawn

on Tue 20 Oct 2020, 16:24

Winter … the time of the year people would do everything for some food of warmth. Where their primal insticts came up. They needed to survive to live another day, to produce the next generation of warriors, to give forth their legacy. Humans were always so predictable, so easy to persuide, so easy to break. This was the time of the year they even called upon the darkness for help. And the darkness alway answered. In flesh, blood or a set of deadly eyes.

But even darkness had a tough time surviving. Not because of the cold, nor the starvation. Simple because he got old, grew weak. You don’t make history by being like. So there was a lot out there that wanted him death. After being stabbed with the one thing that could destroy him he never felt the same anymore. There was that rough edge he was balancing on, trying to keep grip of this reality while his body arched for blood. He killed more, became sloppier, he even looked paler. But weakness was never his issue, even with a body on the verge of collapsing his mind was stil sharp. And that brought him to his next destination, Cear Scion.

There went stories of bandits roaming the Ironwood Forest, hunters that robb the farmers of their food. Putting the North in a delicate postion. They needed the food. It wasn’t already enough some other years, this years  they would die like flies. But as he walked that forest, not a single person came into his direct perrimiter. You could fear the darkness of night, the break of dawn but he still had all control.

You would always fear him.

His attention got caught by the smell of another preditor. But that wasn’t the only thing that caught his attention. A horse, a human … and not any human. He didn’t made a sound as he walked his slender body between the trees. Not a smile, not any kind of emotion as his eyes caught sight of the wolf. The animal surrender to life as she let her arrow go. Pity. He didn’t know if she would feel it, that shadow creeping over her. After all it had been close to a year since they last seen eachother. But she would know … and she was so very alone. Avanti slowly walked over to the wolf, standing still aside it as he pulled out the arrow that got stuck in his skull. He studied the pointy end before he slowly looked up to Delaney. ‘You gonna shoot me to?’ He asked her, a voice soft and neutral before he slowly pulled up a smile, a weak one. What was she doing so far from home? So very alone? She knew where she was getting herself in.

After all, monsters didn’t sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head.

He got that look that made you wonder, how many people he killed, that grin that made you realize he lost count

You don't seem to realize ... I'll get you in the e n d
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Nov 2020, 14:20
Though a sadness ran through her as she watched the wolf die, her heart filled with a little pride. A family would be fed and kept warm. She had saved multiple lives by taking this one. Wasn't that the line you always needed to walk, the thoughts that always ran through your head?

Life and Death, hand in hand. With only your heart as the judge to decide whether life would celebrate or death would reign. Tonight, Delaney had chosen death.

Death indeed, for her victory did not last long, never would it last long, not in her life. His voice had not been forgotten. She recognized it the moment he asked his first question. It haunted her in her dreams, terrorized her into the deepest core of her soul. "Avanti." She breathed that devilish name as a shudder ran down her spine. Staring at the shadowed man as all her darkest dreams came racing back to her.

Her son was alone, he was alone and unprotected and and.. If Avanti was here, his cronies were close. She dug her nails into her handpalms, staring down at the man as she forced her heart to calm itself. "I would, would that kill you." She replied in an icy tone,staring at the man. A sliver of a smile turning upon her lips. She had played this game with her own personal monster since the age of what.. 6? When he came for her sister, for her family. When her father laid dead and she begged him, begged him like the little girl only could do. He had been her personal monster from then, inching his way into her head, into her heart.

"Long time no see.. I thought you actually left me alone."

Drag my dark into the dawn 5QbQ8oG
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Nov 2020, 15:55

That animal died a short and peaceful death. A single arrow to the head, who wouldn’t want to die that way. Only to serve a purpose, to feed her starving people. But one wolf wouldn’t suffice, she knew that, he knew that. And in his long and lonely way up North, he hadn’t encountered many other animals. Which meant it would be a very long and hard winter for the people up North. Like an attack of the undying wasn’t enough, no, let them suffer more. Even Avanti wouldn’t be that cruel.

But he wasn’t interested in the poor people here in Cear Scion, he was interested in her. Because even Avanti at his weakest, fighting for his life heard things. But standing here, stepping out of his shadows made him wonder, was it true? Would she have gifted the Freyr’s with a child only to leave it behind for a hunt? Would she really that careless or would she simply have forgotten the power he had? And while he watched her he could almost see her think the exact same thing. ‘Ah,’ his voice was soft, weak almost. ‘so it’s true.’ He quietly said. She had a child and she only realized now how much in danger he was. A smile appeared on his lips, gently, kind upon her greeting. He missed the sound of her voice.

Delaney had probably no idea how close she was to actually kill him. It would take one arrow and aim it in the wound he already had. If it pierced his heart the poison he already had in the wound would kill him. But she didn’t know, she couldn’t know. He turned the arrow in his hand before he stepped over the wolf towards her horse. ‘I would maybe let you.’ He said, standing still aside from the horse, grabbing the reins as he startled the poor animal with his coldness. He handed her the arrow back without letting his gaze slip from hers. His fingers stretched again, letting go of the reins and the horse stepped away from him. Avanti studied the animal before her words pulled his attention back.

‘You thought? Or you wished?’ He asked in an empty tone. She could never fully believe he would be able to let go of her. Because what they had went beyond anything else. ‘I did consider it. You have been on my mind lately.’ He admitted honestly, looking up as he shot her a smile. ‘But we both know it isn’t that simple.’ He whispered. He wanted to pet the horse but it startled back. Just as everybody did.

You see, even dead had a heart.
He got that look that made you wonder, how many people he killed, that grin that made you realize he lost count

You don't seem to realize ... I'll get you in the e n d
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 26 Nov 2020, 23:24
It's true, it's true, He knew. Every alarm bell ran through her head. She stared at the danger in front of her. The monster on two legs, more dangerous than any predator in the entire world. She could face armies of his kind. Slay dragons if she wished to but he. She would never be able to beat him and his dark hold on her mind.

One thing she could beat were the tears of terror as they tried to well up in her eyes. Her emotions were hers, only to show when she allowed them to. They wouldn't show for him. Never again.

"Yes. My son." She reacted as if it was a casual thing to say to the lord of death. As if her little boy wasn't in danger from the moment he first breathed air. As if he would live a happy ever after if Avanti decided that it didn't please him.

At that moment she vowed that Avanti would die, before her son would ever see purple eyes his blood would flow and she would leave him empty of the life force that still kept him to this world. Set his soul free, if there even was a soul left to be freed.

"What I wish for are non of your concerns Avanti. You never cared, why start now." She reacted a half-smile, mocking turning on her lips. "I would hope that me being on your mind would be accompanied by the knowledge that I may be sharpening my blade. As I did before I turned on those friends of yours." She pulled the reigns of her horse a small bit tighter. "I thought of you you know. As I destroyed each and every one of them. I saw your face and it felt good." She was stepping over boundaries, crossing lines. But it felt like she was at that stupid crossroads. Making her choice because she knew she had to have his anger, his focus on her. If his anger was on her it wouldn't be on sly thoughts about her son. He was a smart monster, but even the smartest could be blinded by hate. Even the cleverest could forget. If only they had something more important to hate over.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum