⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

After months of drought, dark clouds make their way to Avalance and rain starts pouring, and pouring, and pouring. People believe the Gods have finally answered their prayers.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The drought has ended and Avalance rejoiced the start of the rain. Yet when the rain didn't end and weather became worse and worse, the people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands..

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Milk and honey 7mGkpNdW_400x400
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

Milk and honey Empty Milk and honey

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 13:58
i decree today that life
is simply taking and not giving
don't try to sleep through the end of the world. bury me alive, 'cause I won't give up without a fight. if you love me, let me go. 'cause these words are knives that often leave scars. the fear of falling apart. and truth be told, I never was yours.
A few more days and she would be good to go back home. At least, she hoped so. She had received word from an informant that the ‘war’ had passed. Inej Mercier had changed her mind at the last second, which had left Riverhold undamaged. Devon was glad to know that her shitty inn still stood proudly in the Lower Yard and at this point she was ready to say goodbye to the cold winds of Aeldun once again.

But she couldn’t just yet because her baby could come at any moment now. She had grown so large that she could barely walk anymore, but she needed to. No one else was going to take care of her. So, with her massive belly, she was walking past the market stalls, filling up a basket with meats, bread, and vegetables. All those things were promptly dropped when she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her stomach, sending the few potatoes she had bought rolling across the ground.

notes: none

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

Milk and honey Empty Re: Milk and honey

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 15:34

Matteo had been up here in Aeldun for a few days now. An expedition of his own to find more goods to actually sell into his own store. The young man had a contact in the city that dealt in rare goods, so obviously that’s why he was here. The rarest books and collectibles, he had gathered some of them over the past few days which would make a nice attribution to what he already had. Some books, some far more valuable items. All neatly stored away both in his room in the inn and some of the stuff he carried around. Out of fear that it would actually be stolen otherwise.

Right now he was out on the market, buying a few things to eat for when he would actually ride back home. Yeah, he missed Riverhold. The people, everything actually even though it was a shithole. When a sudden potato rolled against his boots he frowned, that came in handy. Though as he started following the trail of potatoes he came out by a figure he knew all too well. Devon? Gathering the stuff that had fallen on the ground he managed to make his way over, not paying too much attention to his surroundings since the woman was in fact not facing him. But he was quite certain it was her. It couldn’t be anyone else. Softly he tapped her shoulder and smiled. ’So ehm, you dropped these?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 15:47
i decree today that life
don't try to sleep through the end of the world. bury me alive, 'cause I won't give up without a fight. if you love me, let me go. 'cause these words are knives that often leave scars. the fear of falling apart. and truth be told, I never was yours.
Devon had postponed her trip back to Riverhold, hoping that the baby would come one of these days. The last thing she wanted was to have to give birth on board of a goddamn ship, with no one around but a few filthy pirates and fucking Midas to guide her through it. It was a waking nightmare, so she decided to just stick it out in Aeldun for the time being.

Her plan had been to spend the final days of her pregnancy in the shady inn she was staying at, but she had run out of fresh food rather quickly. Since she was eating for two, she figured that she could afford a quick trip to the market and back. It wasn’t as if it was very far from the place she was staying. But as was often the case, the gods had it out for her. She placed her hand on her belly as she felt another sting, a loud yelp leaving her mouth. By now, she had attracted plenty of attention from strangers. And one familiar face. Her expression twisted in both pain and surprise at seeing him. “Matteo?” What the fuck was he doing here?

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 16:43

She yelped and he couldn’t bring himself to not worry about her. What was going on? Spotting her face change, biting his lip she was hurting. And as he looked over her shoulder he could clearly see why. Shortly swallowing down as he looked back at her face, showing her a soft smile. ’The one and only yes.’ He nodded, shortly glancing around as he frowned at all the people looking at them. Yeah alright this wasn’t going as how he had expected it to go. She was pregnant, heavily pregnant and clearly in pain. The question didn’t even pass through him to whom the father could be the only thing that he needed to do was to get her out of here.

Carefully he grabbed more of the stuff that she had dropped and put it in the bag he was holding, before he wrapped his arm around her back. ’Lean on me alright? My inn ain’t that far from here. We need to get you comfortable.’ The man nodded softly, clearly not taking no for an answer here. What on earth was she thinking? Walking out here in her condition? If anything, she looked like she was about ready to explode.

Demi

Character Sheet
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 17:30
i decree today that life
Matteo. Devon hadn’t seen him weeks, months even. She hadn’t even told him she was pregnant yet because the last time she had laid eyes on him had been before she even started showing. Now, she couldn’t help but feel guilty for not telling him, mostly because he could still very well be the father of this unborn baby. Her breath came in shallow gasps as she clutched her belly, trying to let the waves of pain pass by.

What was he doing here anyway? Wasn’t he supposed to be in Riverhold? Had he heard of the war too? And why would he go to Aeldun of all places? Those question would have to wait to be answered, because right now there was something far more pressing at hand. He held her up, telling her to lean on him. “Okay, okay,” she said, already out of breath and clearly panicked. “Where to?” she asked, frantically looking around. She needed to get out of here now.

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 17:40

He hadn’t seen her in quite some time. Months yes. More than enough month’s apparently. Which made him think about it shortly. But he pushed it away, that was of no importance right now. The only thing that mattered was getting her somewhere safe and comfortable. And he knew the exact place. Matteo had splurged just a little bit on his room, so that was where they were heading too. And thankfully for her it was on the ground level as well so no stairs for her. A soft hum resounding when he felt her leaning in just a bit, smiling up.

’Try taking deep breaths okay, it will be better for you and the baby.’ The man calmly spoke as he pointed in the direction of one of the bigger buildings on the square, kept up nice and tidy as well. ’Just focus on my voice hm? It’s just you and me.’ Matteo continued as he guided her through the people, holding her close to his body and very softly caressing her side. ’Quite a place to run into you. But I’m happy anyways.’ That it was him who had run into her.

Demi

Character Sheet
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 22:49
i decree today that life
Matteo had disappeared from her life almost completely all of a sudden, all while she had expected him to stick around for a while. She figured that the both of them had been busy with their own things, though. It wouldn’t be the first time that a guy would turn his back on her after spending a night with her, but she had to admit that it was somewhat hurtful. Especially this time. Seeing him here weirded her out a little bit, though. Had he followed her all the way here?

He advised her to take deep breaths, to which she quickly nodded. Easier said than done, though. Her breath came in shallow gasps and it wasn’t all that simple to get a grasp on it again. “Just you and me,” she repeated. She trusted him, right? To the extent that she allowed herself to trust people, at least. She forcefully squeezed his arm when another surge of pain hit her. The words he spoke after that fell on deaf ears, because she felt something wet all of a sudden. “Oh, god,” she gasped. “It’s happening, Matteo. It’s coming.” The moment she had been dreading for the past couple of months.

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 23:03

The only reason he had in fact not come around after that last time after their night was because business became overflowing all of the sudden. Merchants had come by to buy some of his goods, thus he needed to go look for other stuff. The man had traveled back and forth to all kinds of cities and whenever he was back in Riverhold he was simply to tired or to busy storing everything away safely before he took off again. Truth be told, he had missed her. More than a lot so to actually run in to her here, was something that he called a lucky coincidence. Or well, maybe not so lucky depending the state she was in.

He softly nodded at her words, a warm smile caressing his lips though worry spread through him as her breathing wasn’t normalizing. This couldn’t be good. And the moment she in fact squeezed his arm he swallowed down the pain, mainly so he wouldn’t yelp and make a fool of himself. But as she said something again he frowned, shortly staring down and well he could see it. ’Just a few more steps, it’s that door. Do you want me to… carry you?’ He softly asked, looking at her while he kept walking. Arm wrapped around her, no he wouldn’t leave her alone not when she and the child needed him most or well in his mind needed him most.

Demi

Character Sheet
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 16:38
i decree today that life
Devon hadn’t made any effort to look for Matteo either. Not because she didn’t want to see him, but because she felt that the opposite was true. He hadn’t come to visit her after their night together anymore, which already said enough. She had been ready to give up on him altogether before walking into him here of all places. Part of her wondered whether she hadn’t just gone insane these past few days because she truly had no idea what he possibly could be doing here.

But frankly, she was glad he was around. By some miraculous form of divine intervention, he had appeared on this very market the very same moment she was going to have her child. Almost as if it had to be that way. Devon warned him that it was happening. There was no stopping it now, which terrified her even more. He told her that it was only a few more steps, but she shook her head when he offered to carry her. “I can make it,” she said in a hushed breath. She felt like being carried would be even more uncomfortable at this point.

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 14 Sep 2020, 13:30

Matteo was worried about her state. Off course he was. Why on earth had she come here? Or well, he knew why or at least had an idea. He had heard about the treat of war upon Riverhold so maybe that was why she had resorted to this place. Though, what he didn’t understand was that she hadn’t reached out to him in any kind of way. Because if he did the math.. He was going to ban that out of his mind, focusing on her for the time being the rest would come later. So as she said that she didn’t want him to carry her he softly nodded, leading her into the building soon enough. Grabbing a few more linens from the innkeeper before he guided her to his room.

The man helped her to the bed and softly smiled at her. ’Lay down, I’ll grab some water and well everything I need.’ Matteo didn’t move out of the room but headed to the bathroom filling up a small bucket with some water and everything, though something in fact came to mind. ’Have you given thought about how you want to give birth? I heard a theory about giving birth in water, would be a bit less painful and all but well..’ The man looked at her, he was fine with anything but well he had to keep her decision in mind. Soon he joined her side again and looked at her. ’The both of you are going to be fine I promise.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Devon Winter
Devon Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 14 Sep 2020, 14:52
i decree today that life
Devon still couldn’t believe that this was actually happening. She wasn’t exactly the maternal, caring, warm, motherly type of person, so she hadn’t expected to become a mother this soon. Maybe not ever. And now she found herself on the brink of giving birth to a bastard child whose father was still very much unknown. For all she knew, it could be one of three people, but she would never find out which one. Maybe her baby would take after one of them a lot, but if that wasn’t going to happen, she might never know for sure.

She let out a shaky breath as she made her way over to the bed, sitting down against the headboard. What a nightmare this was. Her heart felt as if it was on the brink of pounding out of her chest. She furrowed her brows when Matteo suggested giving birth in water, which was the last thing she wanted to do right now. “I’ll manage like this,” she told him, closing her eyes for a little while until another surge of pain made her sit up again. This wasn’t going to be easy.

if i told you

that a flower bloomed

in a dark room

would you trust it?
Milk and honey O3p8z9A
Caro

Character Sheet
Matteo Lennox
Matteo Lennox
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 06 Oct 2020, 15:33

The fact that she was in fact pregnant but hadn’t come to actually tell him about it was not something he had expected. Given that he could maybe be the father for all he knew. Though if anything that wasn’t the main concern right now. Matteo needed to help her out now, more than ever before. If anything he was already a father though he had never laid eyes upon his kid, maybe he wasn’t even qualified to actually help Devon out for this but right now he was all she had. So he just needed to do his very best.

The blonde told him that she would manage. Making Matteo grab the towels again, leaving a few on the side for when the kid would be born but splaying the rest out over the bed. Before he sat down next to her, offering her his hand. ’You got this okay. I got you.’ He softly hummed looking at her as he took a deep breath. ’Try breathing through the pain waves, maybe that brings some relief.’ He softly spoke, not sure if he should actually be talking. But if anything she needed to focus on her breathing right now more than anything.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum