⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

War of hearts Empty War of hearts

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 12:04
slowly we fell into slumber
and I held you until the end of time
Nothing would ever be the same anymore. Over the last couple of months, multiple people she had known had passed away, leaving behind gaps. Some of them were being filled, others could never justify what she had lost. The name of Rhysand Corbin would fade away over time, and within a few years, she wouldn’t hear the name at all anymore. For years, the man had been her greatest trouble. The thing that had kept her awake at night, pondering about which approach she should take on the man. He had kept her sharp, though, yet she had to admit that with him gone, things looked brighter for her. The new Lord Corbin had been willing to write down their agreement on paper, but she could only hope he would stick to his word, as you never knew with men.
Freyja quietly looked at the spot in front of her. She didn’t like graveyards, and she hadn’t expected herself to visit one so soon after the passing of her own fiancé. The redhead knew that she had to come here at least once. To pay him her respects. The idea that someone’s lifeless body was buried underneath the earth you were standing on had always been quite unsettling for her. ”May you have peace now,” she said, although she wasn’t sure whether or not there was such thing as peace. She looked at the grave one more, before she leaned in and placed the poppy on the churned-up earth.
notes: for diana

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

War of hearts Empty Re: War of hearts

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 14:50

Yesterday, Diana had had the pleasure to meet the new Lord Corbin. She didn’t quite know what to think of him yet, although she was fairly sure there would be no reason to consider him much of a threat. If anything, he seemed to want to stick it to his father. She didn’t know where his rebelliousness came from and she doubted she would find out. Her trip to Aeldun wouldn’t last long. She had only come here to visit Rhysand’s grave and to meet the new lord, both of which she had done already. Not that there was much more waiting for her at home.

For good measure, she promised herself that she would visit Rhysand one last time. Alone. A final goodbye to close off that part of her life, although that part hadn’t even gotten the chance to begin. Covered in a long, black cloak, she made her way towards the graveyard. She had memorized the place where he had been buried, although it hadn’t been necessary. Lord Rhysand’s grave stood out above everyone else’s. Diana was surprised to see that someone was already there. A red-headed woman. She approached the woman, cautiously studying her from head to toe. “You’re Freyja Skarsgård,” she merely stated. The bright red hair and the fancy clothing. “I hadn’t expected you here.” She hadn’t expected anyone to be here, actually.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 11:43
The awful truth was, that people like Rhysand would be forgotten within a couple of years. He would become one of the many people that had had the privilege of ruling over Aeldun for a little while, until he had passed away and had been replaced with another Corbin. The fall of one man was the rising of another. She wasn’t much different, as she would soon move to the Last Hearth, now that the Lochlains were gone. Someone had to rule, and that someone had turned out to be her. The idea of being forgotten about, like people would forget about the man that was buried underneath this very earth, somewhat frightened her.
She looked at the poppy. The red leaves slightly moved because of the soft wind that brushed over the flower. Freyja looked up surprised when she heard footsteps, immediately followed by a voice she did not know. A light-haired woman had recognized her. The Lady quickly studied the face of the woman, that was clad in black. ”I am,” she confirmed. The strong jawline, the expensive fabric of the dress. She knew who this woman was. ”You’re Diana Freyr,” she then stated, and she could only hope that she had recognized the taller woman correctly. ”I wanted to pay him one last visit,” she said, briefly looking at the grave.
notes: none

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 12:25

Rhysand hadn’t been a particularly great lord if she had to believe the rumours. The man had been young and reckless, not to mention unreasonable. Diana figured they had been wanting to send her over to Aeldun in order to keep him in check and to assure his loyalty to House Freyr when push came to shove. It seemed as if she no longer had to. And after her talk with the new Lord Corbin, she figured that the north didn’t need to worry as much about him as they had about Rhysand. The boy had been a bit green, but he seemed to respect the north. Diana wasn’t completely convinced just yet, but it had been enough to not regard the boy as a threat.

Diana eyed the red-haired woman placing a flower on the man’s grave. She confirmed that she was indeed Freyja Skarsgård and, in turn, recognized her as Diana Freyr. She did have quite a remarkable appearance: tall, pale, white-haired, and ghostly. The dark cloak she wore finished it off perfectly. As if the Grim Reaper himself was roaming the graveyard. “I am,” Diana repeated her words, her gaze then straying to the grave. “Did you know him well?” she asked. Her future husband, and she hadn’t properly met him once.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jul 2020, 21:41
The blonde man had caused quite a few sleepless nights with his outstanding behavior when it came to politics. Instead of keeping his neighbor satisfied, he had decided to pick on her, making sure to cross her wherever he could. And only because of some childish reason. Now he was gone. Something you wouldn’t even wish to those you didn’t like. Her and Rhysand hadn’t been enemies, not truly, as he had tried to make up for what he had done to her not too long before he had passed. Which was the reason the redhead had decided to visit his grave today.
She indeed was Diana Freyr, something Freyja had already figured out by just looking at her. She had never met the woman before, yet the description of Lord Freyr’s half-sister wasn’t one that easily fitted someone. The woman then asked if she had known Rhysand well. ”I feel safe to say I did,” she told the ghostly-looking woman that was standing next to her, briefly glancing to the side. ”We were pretty much neighbors, after all.” She paused, her blue gaze resting on the grave again, watching the poppy she had placed on it just before her company’s arrival. ”Did you?” she asked the other woman, somewhat curiously why a Freyr would have come all the way to Aeldun.

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 05 Jul 2020, 19:31

All she knew of Rhysand consisted of speculations and hearsay. Of course, Diana knew that rumours could offer a reasonable insight into a person, but they never painted the entire picture. There were some vicious rumours about her out there as well, and Diana liked to believe that they were not actually true. But people believed what they chose to believe and she, like any other person, was subject to the opinions of people that did not quite know what they were talking about. And so was Rhysand.

From what she had heard, he had been an arrogant young man. Unreasonable and difficult to handle. Her mother had told her that she would marry the man in order to keep him in line, but Diana wasn’t entirely sure whether she could have managed in the first place. Self-doubt had always played a significant part for her. The red-head confirmed that she had known the troublesome lord and then asked her the same question. Diana shook her head. “Not at all, even though I was supposed to marry him,” she told the other woman. Briefly, she eyed the grave that contained the remains of her fiancé. “Was he as bad as they said he was?” she inquired. Part of her wanted to know whether she had dodged a bullet.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Jul 2020, 20:08
Freyja wasn’t even sure if there were rumours of her out in the world. She was fairly sure there would be once word would spread that she had taken the seat of the Last Hearth. Before, she had only been ruling a castle. Now she would have to put herself and her family on the map. She would have to mingle among the other important people, and she wasn’t too sure how to handle that just yet. She would learn, eventually. But people would always have their opinions ready, no matter how unfair they might be. Things that were said about Rhysand Corbin weren’t always fair either. Though he had been a pain in the ass most of the time she had known him.
The other woman told her that she hadn’t known the former Lord Corbin, but that she had been supposed to marry the man. Freyja hummed a little. It seemed like the two of them were more alike than she had expected. On this topic, of course. She then inquired about Rhysand, wondering if he had been as bad as people said he was. For a moment, she remained silent. ”He was quite childish at certain times, wanting to cross me wherever he could because he was angry at me for something,” she paused, turning her head away from the grave so she could look at the ghostly-looking woman that was standing near her. ”But I don’t think he was as bad as they say. He had his heart in the right place, I could tell.” They had eventually managed to put their differences to the side. He had promised her that he wouldn’t bother her any longer, and until his death, he had kept that promise.

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 31 Jul 2020, 16:57

The struggles between House Corbin and House Skarsgård hadn’t escaped her. No matter how hard people tried to keep her out of political matters, she couldn’t help herself. These things simply piqued her interest, which ended up with her hearing things she wasn’t always supposed to hear. Generally, she was inclined to give the more important lord the benefit of the doubt, but Lord Corbin had hardly struck her as a reasonable man. If she went off the rumours about him, he was little more than a child in a grown man’s body. Diana believed it when people said he wasn’t particularly easy to deal with.

The redheaded woman remained silent for a few seconds after her question, probably thinking about her answer. Diana appreciated people who thought before speaking. It made the conversation that much more worthwhile. Lady Skarsgård called him childish and angry. The woman then directly contradicted her statement by saying that he had his heart in the right place. Diana sceptically hummed. She figured the other woman did not wish to speak ill of the dead. “What was he angry at you for?” she inquired. From the way it sounded, it was something pretty serious.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 12 Aug 2020, 14:47
As she thought back of her arguments with Rhysand, everything sounded so useless. It had been one of her greatest struggles in the past, dealing with him, and now they were here. The North had been torn apart by monsters and the person she loved most had been violently taken. Dragons were roaming the skies and only the gods knew what else would be waiting for them in the shadows of forests and mountain ranges that had remained uncharted to this day.
The Freyr wanted to know what the late Lord Corbin had been angry about, at which she faintly smiled. It had been so childish, now that she thought back of it. ”He was angry because I refused him when he offered his hand in marriage to me. He tormented me for that for a long time.” Sometimes she wondered if it had been a silly way of finding an excuse to bully a neighbor. Eventually, he had somewhat tried to make up for what he had done, promising her to leave her and her people alone in the future. He had never been able to prove what he had promised, however, as he had passed away too soon.

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 14:46

It had always been her fate to be married off to a man that would most likely not be of her own choosing. Nobles rarely married for love and she had been informed of this from an early age onward. It had allowed her to prepare for the fact that she wouldn’t end up with someone she loved, perhaps not even with someone she liked. But it was a sacrifice she was willing to make for the prosperity of her house. Her family always came first.

Apparently, her late fiancé had been furious because Lady Skarsgård had declined his marriage proposal. Diana let out a humourless snort at the idea of it. “Men really are that petty, it seems,” she commented, shaking her head in slight disapproval. She had always been told that young boys tended to bully the girls they liked, but it seemed as if that nasty habit also progressed into adulthood. She looked at the redhead. “At least you’re free of his torment now,” she commented. “Have you spoken to the new Lord Corbin yet?” A curious boy, if you asked her, but he did show some promise.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 06 Sep 2020, 20:11

even the brightest stars flicker from time to time

Freyja had grown up with the knowledge that one day, she would have to marry a wealthy man that her father picked for her, and she would have neatly done so if not it had been for his passing. And not only he had passed, but her older brother too, leaving her as the heir of their family. At that very moment, she had realized that she could pick herself. She had dodged a few bullets, and then she had found a strong man, a commoner, that she had fallen in love with. A luxury not every noble had. But she had been lucky. For a while, at least. Until her dream had been broken by the gods.

”They seem to be, sometimes,” she agreed with the woman, faintly smiling as she watched how she shook her head. The former Lord Corbin had been rather childish after she had turned him down, and she had always wondered why he had done just that. She would never know now. At least she was free from his torment now. Freyja softly hummed, as it was true. The only question was: would the new Lord Corbin be better or worse? ”I have, and what he told me was rather promising, but only time will tell. Have you?” she asked the woman, briefly gazing at the grave once more.
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 10 Sep 2020, 14:56

Diana was unfamiliar with the concept of love anyway. Never had she harboured a so-called ‘crush’ on anyone before. There had never been a man that suited her liking, commoner nor noble. Sometimes she wondered whether she was incapable of love. At times she had considered it to be something inherent to the Freyr family, but then she saw her brothers and how in love they were. Her sister had even ran off for the sake of some boy. Something she could never imagine doing.

“A good thing he’s gone, then,” Diana spoke, eyeing the red-headed woman to gauge her reaction. From what she had heard, the late Lord Corbin had been mostly a thorn in the side for the north than an actual ally. She wondered whether his successor would prove to be any different. Apparently, the young lord had told her some promising things. Diana hummed. “Yes, I spoke to him yesterday,” she said. “He seems very intent on distancing himself from his family in the Crownlands. I can only wonder why.” Perhaps just because he was a rebellious teen, wanting to go against every one of his father’s wishes. Or perhaps there was something more behind it.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 14:22

The power of love was great, something she knew already. On the other hand, it could be very deadly. Once you fell in love with someone, you were willing to give up your own life for that person. To give up everything you had worked so hard for. You were willing to go down paths you otherwise wouldn’t even have thought about, but with love, you would do it without overthinking it for a second. It was scary, exciting and everything in between. The best and the worst thing that could happen to a human being. And Freyja didn’t want any of it. Not anymore.

I suppose,” she calmly said, her eyes lingering on the grave for a few more seconds, before looking back at Diana again. Perhaps, with the right woman by his side, Rhysand would have been a better man. Yet they would never know that now. ”Does he now?” she curiously asked, folding her hands together as her blue gaze studied the other woman’s face. ”I can only hope he won’t turn on his allies too.” Someone that was able to turn against his own family, surely could break his ties with other allies.
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 17:27

Behind every great man stood a great woman. Every now and then, someone in her vicinity uttered those words and Diana had always wondered what it was supposed to mean. As if women were to just stand there behind their men without ever even thinking of taking any of the credit for their good deeds. With nothing but that idiotic proverb to remind the people of the fact that they had a role to play in all of this too.

Perhaps a suitable wife would have managed to elevate the late Lord Corbin to a great man and perhaps that wife would have been her. Diana figured that they would never find out. She was to marry someone else now, to stand in the shadow of another man. Lady Skarsgård seemed rather surprised about the new Lord Corbin’s words. “His father abandoned the North to be at the service of the Aldyrs,” she said, refusing to call that the head of that family the ‘king’. “It would be foolish not to think he would be capable of doing the same.” Diana wasn’t sure whether she could ever bring herself to trust a Crownlander.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
War of hearts Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 19:01

Freyja had grown up knowing that one day, she would have to marry someone for the sake of her family. It was her duty, as a woman, and as a Skarsgård. Her older brother would rule their family from their family home, and she would move in with the man her father picked for her once she was old enough to marry. And she had been alright with it, since it was everything that had been ever told to her. After the passing of both her father and brother, freedom had been put in the hands of a young woman that had been pretty much oblivious to the world surrounding her. But she had made it this far already.

With Rhysand gone, and a new Corbin that had taken his place, it would only be a matter of time until they would find out whether or not the new Lord would honor those promising words. Diana mentioned how easily Finn’s father had abandoned the North in order to serve the Aldyrs. Freyja hummed a little, remembering. ”Maybe he will surprise us.” Whether that would be in a good or in a bad way, she didn’t dare to say out loud. ”I’m sorry, I forget to ask, do you want to have some time alone here with him?” she then asked, briefly looking at the grave, before turning her head towards Diana again. She didn’t feel comfortable to linger around here for too long, as it was simply a little too confronting for her liking.
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
War of hearts 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 13 Sep 2020, 19:19

It was easy to forget that she was standing next to a woman that some considered to be a traitor. A northerner who preferred to do business with southerners. One who had passed on her family’s secrets to some pirate lord instead of upholding the promise of loyalty she had once made. But Apollo had forgiven her after she had fought alongside their army in the battle against the undying. Diana figured that it had been an act of compassion on her brother’s part since Lady Skarsgård had lost her husband-to-be in the fight. She had her own thoughts about the matter, but she didn’t want to publicly challenge her brother’s ruling, so she kept her mouth shut.

Diana figured that her words about Lord Corbin applied to Lady Skarsgård as well. It would be a long time before she would ever trust the red-haired woman again. The young woman posited that Lord Corbin might surprise them. “Perhaps,” she agreed, although she highly doubted it. At the woman’s next question, Diana thought for a few seconds. “Yes, actually. I haven’t had any time to say my goodbyes just yet,” she told the other woman. She had visited the grave the day before, but had run into Lord Corbin then.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum