⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
One Last Moment Tumblr_oo269xw1I01vk78n2o4_400
Not Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Transmutational Alchemy
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

One Last Moment Empty One Last Moment

on Thu 21 May 2020, 18:18
I find myself in my melodies melodies
Her thumb softly brushed over the paper, her name written upon it. She bit her lip, barely able to read through the tears in her eyes. The last time she had spoken through him was through a letter. She had been angry to hear that he was marrying someone - him. Her Rhysand, the man she had loved since the day she knew what the word meant. He had been her best friend, her rock, her… everything. And now, he was gone. She hadn’t been able to sit by the side of his bed, hold his hand as she told him what was on her heart. She hadn’t even known. The words she had been too afraid to speak now haunted her soul, knowing that he would never know. She had always thought that there would be more time, that she would have the chance to tell him. But now their chance had vanished. He had died without knowing she loved him.

The girl kneeled down next to the grave, the letter in her hands as she bit her lip. “You can’t… You…” she started, feeling the tears well up again. “It’s so unfair, Rhy… It isn’t meant to be like this…” she went on, shaking her head lightly, a tear dropping on the piece of paper. “You said we’d always find our way to each other,” she whispered softly, looking up at the stone in front of her.

Everyone is worried about me. They’re waiting for me to fall apart. They’re waiting for me to become a mess, but… I can’t,” she whispered, her voice breaking at the end of the sentence. “I can’t allow myself to break apart in front of them. I can’t let them see that I’m broken. They won’t understand,” she went on, tears making their way down her cheeks. “I keep wishing for you to be here again, to stand around the corner and tell me that it will be alright. I’m not supposed to be feeling this, Rhy… I can’t… I can’t go on without you,” she went on, biting her lip til she could taste the blood.

I loved you. I have loved you for as long as I’ve known you,” she admitted, feeling her heart break into a million pieces. She pulled up her knees, wrapping her arm around them as she pressed her face against them. And then she sat there in silence, under the night sky, knowing a part of her had died with him.
I shout it out like a bird set free
MONTY

One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

One Last Moment Empty Re: One Last Moment

on Thu 21 May 2020, 19:45

His life had changed so much in the past few weeks. His cousin died, not soon after his own mother. Finn was send to take in his place and fuck he didn’t even know where to start. With burying his cousin, a man he hadn’t known yet here he was. Looking at the grave where a casket was being placed in. Everyone was coming up to him to pay their respects and honestly he didn’t even deserve it. This was the branch of the family that he had only seen a few times in his life and well he just felt really uncomfortable by it. The priest had said his final words and for a moment he was left alone at the grave of his cousin. Feeling the need to stick around a tad longer, just so he could have a chat with him. Though honestly, it was like his vocal cords were cut because nothing actually came out but a few tears. Which was still the aftermath of losing his mother most likely.

Eventually he had withdrawn himself back to the city. Because things needed to happen. The man needed to ascend and while he wanted to wait for a longer while, his father had insisted that as soon as Rhysand was buried he’d take charge. Not with a big speech, not with anything like that. But just as a man that needed to fill in a position he knew nothing about, in silence. To let the people grief, official things would be held later after a certain passing of time for sure. Though without having real things to do this day, a few hours later he returned back to the graveyard. Over hearing a conversation. Yet not linking one to another he just moved closer. Biting his lip as he actually recognized the girl, the words she spoke made him take a deep breath. Moving closer eventually yet not to close.

’I know I’m not my cousin. But as I said before. It will be alright again, after a while.’ That’s what he needed to believer after the shitstorm he had gone through. Finn kept his distance this time, staring at the ground for a while. ’I’m sorry for your loss, Cirina.’ So this had been the guy that had broken her heart?

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 May 2020, 19:47
Cirina had not only lost her best friend - she had lost a part of herself as the love of her life had died without her ever being able to speak her feelings. That part of herself that had always held onto the shimmer of hope that he would feel the same, that one day they would share a future. Now, that hope was gone. It was too late. She was too late. The only chance she would ever have at being happy, buried underneath the ground in front of her. And for a moment she wished she could lie next to him.

It would be alright again, a familiar voice spoke. Cirina looked up, slight confusion visible in her eyes as she recognized him. “Finn?” she asked. “What are… What are you doing here?” she asked him, her voice breaking as she tried to speak. She wasn’t okay. But she would take any distraction at this moment.
MONTY
One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 May 2020, 20:06

The loss of his cousin, it wasn’t that big of a loss to him if he was honest. If anything he may have seen the guy two times maybe three times in his life. But well, he had needed to pay his respect as a family member and he had to be here as the newly appointed Lord of the city. Still something that sounded quite unbelievable to him. Still hoping that one day he would just wake up, in Dragonwatch. But he knew that something like that wouldn’t happen. Finn was here to stay, if anything to find out who had something against their family. Again, not the right guy for the job but well. Cirina though, that was a surprise he hadn’t expected. Though he preferred them meeting again under other circumstances.

Shortly he nodded when their eyes locked for a moment. Finn taking a step closer, kneeling down next to her but not moving closer to hug her or anything. Knowing how she had reacted last time. ’Rhysand, Lord Corbin, he was my cousin.’ The man softly stated. Looking back to the gravestone. A sigh rolling over his lips. ’Though I didn’t even know him all that well.’ So in the end maybe he didn’t even have the right to call him his cousin, they just happened to share the same last name in the end.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 30 May 2020, 09:54
She had not expected the person she had met in the Crownlands to visit the grave of her love, but here they were. He explained to her how Rhysand was his cousin, which now made a lot more sense. She looked back at the grave, her vision blurred by a thousand tears, as she heard him say that he did not know the man all too well. Her fingers clenched onto the letter as if her life depended on it, scared to read the last words that would ever be spoken to her by the man that held her heart.

He was my best friend,” she told him. “I was always in love with him, but he needed to marry someone who would help his… your family. So when he got engaged to Diana, I ran south. And now he’s dead,” she murmured. She had never been given the chance to say goodbye. Nothing would ever hurt more than that.
MONTY

One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 01 Jun 2020, 13:35

Maybe Finn should just leave her in her peace. To mourn the lose of her loved one, because yes that was clear right now. Cirina had loved his cousin, but it didn’t turn out well for her and now Rhysand was under the ground and he was keeping his seat warm, which made him feel incredibly bad in the end. But he let her talk, just standing by her side. There wasn’t much more that he could do than just be here for her right?

’Most of us don’t have the choice, certainly not those who are appointed to head of the house when it comes down to marrying whom they love.’ Finn softly hummed, he wasn’t sure if Rhysand had felt the same way about the girl next to him, but they were friends so something must’ve been there right? ’Don’t blame yourself, this isn’t on you. If anything, someone is killing us Corbin’s of one by one and I am going to find out whoever did this.’ He needed to, because he was the one that needed to keep the rest safe now. ’I am sorry for your loss Cirina and I mean it. Can I do something for you? Anything.’

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 01 Jun 2020, 21:20
Finn told her that those who stood at the head of a house did not get a chance to marry who they loved. “I know,” she admitted. “I never blamed him for it. You know - I never gave him the chance to choose. I never told him how I felt,” she explained. Maybe if she had, they could… at least have ended it. It wouldn’t have lingered on, this silver line throughout her life, always pulling her back to him.

If someone was killing them off one by one, he was going to find out who did it. “He was sick for a while,” she told him. Of course she had noticed. Unconsciously, her hand moved towards her chest, where the marks of the attack reminded her of what had happened. “His sister vanished.” She wondered what happened.
MONTY

One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 12:31

Finn listened to her, shortly lowering his head. That wasn’t right and their was a big chance that he was going to endure the same faith when it came down to marriage. Though his father hadn’t made anything clear about that just yet and honest to god he was hoping that the man would just forget about him. Like he had done most of the time, focus on all the Aldyr’s or something else. ’I’m sorry. That’s not right.’ He shortly exclaimed, biting his lip. No, it wasn’t fair to Cirina for sure, but he couldn’t change anything about the past. He could only speak for the future and if she ever needed anything house Corbin would be there for her, he would be there.

A soft hum resounded, that they knew. That was common knowledge down in the south. He spotted her hand going to her chest and for a minute his mind went there. Something must have happened to her right? ’We all wonder where she is. I might send out a search party, though I doubt that Carmilla wants to be found.’ Another cousin he only knew in name or from when they were really small. But it was strange that she hadn’t come pay her respects. Finn kneeled down next to her eventually, looking at her sideways. ’If we can do anything for you, please say so. I might not be Rhysand, but I am here for you.’

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 21:24
She wasn’t even sure why she was telling him this, but here she was. Cirina let out a sigh, shaking her head for a moment. “I’m sorry,” she told him. There was no need to place the burden of her pain upon his shoulders. He already had plenty of weight to carry upon them.

Finn said he might send out a search party to find Rhysand’s sister, to which she immediately shook her head. “You’re better off without her,” she warned the boy. “Don’t trust Carmilla.” There was one thing she and Rhysand had always disagreed on. Cirina had always known there was something wrong with the girl, his twin sister. If he was gone, she never wanted to look at the other again.
MONTY

One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 00:51

’Don’t apologize please. If anything I am here for you.’ Finn softly nodded, smiling ever so softly at her. Very shortly placing his hand on her shoulder before he pulled it away again. He didn’t mind, if anything he wanted her to be able to vent. Because in the end that’s what he had done to her back in Dragonwatch. Sure, about nothing this serious in the end but he just wanted her to be able to eventually trust him maybe. Which was weird as a whole.

Though as he mention his other cousin he frowned. Better of without her, warning him not to trust her? ’Why not? Can you please tell me? I’m kind of lost on everything right now and I could use someone to actually show me the ropes.’ He sighed, being honest with her because in the end it would be a disgrace to be dishonest to her during this time.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 11 Jun 2020, 17:57
 If anything, Finn was here for her. Or so he said. Cirina bit her lower lip as she listened to those words, not knowing what to say or do about them. In this moment, she felt terribly alone. Walls she had never known were towering over her, forcing her to stay within their perimeters. She couldn’t go anywhere - couldn’t tell Finn what was on her mind. It was terribly suffocating.

He could use someone to show him the ropes, he said, after she advised him not to go and find the twin. Again, the girl bit her lip for a moment, trying to find the right words to call out a family member of his. “I remember on our last adventure together. Rhysand and I encountered a bear,” she explained to Finn. Her hand subconsciously went to her chest, where the scars were still taunting her. “There was a moment where I looked the creature right in the eyes. It sent shivers down my spine, as my whole body knew what was going to happen next.” For a moment, she was quiet. “I feel the same way around her.” And she had learned to always trust her gut.
MONTY

One Last Moment 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 12 Jun 2020, 15:08

Honestly if he could do anything to relieve the pain that she was feeling inside, he would. He would gladly take away that pain from her but he didn’t have that kind of power. He could just be here for her, as a friend. Because well maybe Finn actually considered her as one. She had helped him back when he had his dreams and when they were driving him insane, Cirina had offered him a different kind of perspective and that was something that he could in fact appreciate.

As she spoke about an encounter with a bear, his eyes grew wider. Right. Bears, they were a thing here. Making him shortly swallow. As he hand went back to her chest as she went on with the story he bit his lips. ’You got hurt.’ He softly muttered under his breath. But that wasn’t the point here. A frown appearing on his face as she told him that Carmilla brought the same kind of fear up as looking a bear in the eyes. ’I don’t know her. And this isn’t something that makes me want to get to know her. Your concern is noted.. I won’t go seeking for help from her.’ Finn hummed, softly scratching his cheek. ’Hey, do you want some time alone with him? Or would you like to go to the castle with me or something? Warm up a bit near the fire. Talk a bit more perhaps?’

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum