Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice is coming to an end, with four lucky people finding the egg of a dragon. What will happen next?

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Cirina Raen
Mini-avatar : Homesick Tumblr_oo269xw1I01vk78n2o4_400
IC posts : 49
Alias : Not Wap

Character Sheet
Religion: Sun and Moon
Cirina RaenAvalance Citizen

Homesick Empty
Homesick

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 00:32
To sit here all alone was not the kind of future she would have hoped to have, but there was naught she could do about it. Somewhere, sometime, she would come to find that her life did not depend on anyone. That she could be happy by herself. That her happiness was hers to achieve. But not today. For no matter how hard she tried, the girl seemed unable to shake the feeling of missing him. Her best friend. The only love she had ever known. And he would marry, and she had left. Their story was one that was ended by something worse than time. For neither of them had ever given it the chance to blossom.

Nothing was more beautiful than the night sky reflected in the clear water. She could see the moon and the stars, their reflection broken by the waves. A soft wind blew her hair back as she enjoyed the breeze that licked her pale skin. Here she was, sitting on the wooden planks, alone on the docks. Her shoes were placed next to her, where two (yet unopened) bottles of wine were found. In her hands another bottle, this one near empty. She took a sip and placed it on her lap again, closing her eyes as she softly hummed the melody to a song that reminded her of home.
<3
Finn Corbin
Mini-avatar : Homesick 3QLNsYC
IC posts : 26
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Religion: Dragonfaith
Finn CorbinAvalance Citizen

Homesick Empty
Re: Homesick

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 13:53

Finn had been in a weird place the last few weeks. But tonight it seemed even more real than ever before. He was flying through the sky, but at the moment of a first real attack the boy jumped out of his bed. Covered in sweat and landing on his ass on the ground making him groan softly. He sat there for a goof dew minutes, dazed as hell before he grabbed a simple dark shirt and put it on. Jumping into some kind of leathery looking pants and putting on his boots. Disappearing outside. Feeling that cold breeze slam into his body hard, yet it calmed him down. The youngster started walking, with no real place in mind. Just away from home, to clear his mind. To tire him out even more.

Ending up near the water. He wanted to sit down, yet that was the moment when he spotted someone sitting just a few meters away from him. Two glasses of wine standing next to her, while she was busy downing the first. He pushed himself up again and walked over to her. Yet not directly sitting down next to her, just leaving a few actual stones and docking pole in between them. A sigh rolling over his lips. ’Rough night?’ The man hummed, his voice still sounding sleepy, just at the look in his eyes. Finn was exhausted. Living in a constant haze to be fair, not actually being able to put right from wrong even. He could’ve just as easily be talking to himself here right now.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 14:21
‘A man is not worth your tears, sweet Rina,’ her grandmother would say, before the woman would start telling a story of how she had broken the hearts of a hundred men, before she had fallen in love with her current husband. Even when the woman wasn’t here, a soft smile pulled at the girl’s lips simply by remembering her grandmother. For as long as she could remember, that woman had meant the world to her. She was closer to her than to anyone else in her family, even though the rest of her family didn’t seem to appreciate the woman nearly as much. Useless drunk, she had heard her be called. But never did she falter. No, her grandmother was the most amazing woman on this planet.

She was pulled out of her bubble when an unfamiliar voice broke the silence. Looking up, shock was quickly replaced with soft surprise in her eyes as she realized it was a boy around her age. His hair looked funny. He asked her if she had a rough night, though his voice sounded as if his hadn’t been any better. She held out the bottle, which was near empty, to him as she raised her brows. “You sound like yours might have been just as tough,” she hummed, her voice a high melody in the silence of the night. “I still have enough left if you wish to drown your sorrows with me,” she laughed, before looking out over the reflection in the water again.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 14:39

The fact that he couldn’t talk about these damned dreams of his with anyone was weighing the man down more and more. That and he had only recently returned from the North. A place that was in a state of war right now. Which certainly wasn’t a fun trip to actually have gone on, but well it had been on official duty so he didn’t have a say in it. But then they were pulled back for who knows what and the closer he had gotten back to Dragonwatch, the weirder his dreams had started getting. And well now he ended up here, due to one of those fucking dreams.

A bottle was held out to him and he shortly smirked. Grabbing it and staring at the liquid that was in it, it wasn’t much anymore but it was something. ’Probably not though.’ Cause well, bad dreams were just what they were. Bad dreams, even very vivid ones. ’Sharing your stash hm? I like you already.’ The young man chuckled softly, his voice slowly returning back to normal even though that exhausted tone would stay put. ’I’m Finn by the way.’ He shortly stuck out his hand at her, being polite and everything his dad would be proud of him.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 01:17
The boy told her that it probably wasn’t as tough, after which he mentioned liking her as she shared her stash. She laughed shortly, shaking her head as she opened up the second bottle of wine. Which, of course,she would share as soon as he would finish his. “My grandma always told me: a drink shared tastes better with a story,” she laughed. Like her, her grandma was a social person. This was probably why Cirina loved her so much. For now, Cirina had a lot less alcoholic problems. If she continued down this road, it might not take long for her to get there, though.

He introduced himself as Finn, holding out his hand. She shook it with a smile. “Cirina,” she introduced herself shortly. “It is nice to meet you, Finn,” she followed, keeping her manners. She looked back at the water, a soft smile on her face as she took a sip of the wine. “So, what is your story?” What was he doing here? Why was he all alone?
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 01:36

’I do like a good story yes.’ The man chuckled when she mentioned her grandmother. Interesting. He emptied out the bottle, feeling the sweet wine roll over his tongue, shortly humming at the taste of it. ’You do have a good taste in wine.’ The young man admitted to her, shortly smiling. Feeling the alcohol slightly was away his sleep. Slightly though, maybe this could turn into a nice night after all. Depending on how much he would drink and how the company would actually be. Though on that last matter he didn’t have much doubt, he was in good company stranger or not.

As she shook his hand he smiled. ’Trust me, the pleasure is all mine right now.’ He nodded, a short wink following. Why not try and enjoy himself for a change hm? Cirina, not the most usual name to go around in this area, yet a nice name nonetheless. Unique. Finn finished his bottle for real this time, placing it down next to him as he leaned back, hand positions behind him just staring out into the sky. ’It’s dull, really not worth the mention.’ Cause well, it really wasn’t. ’I’m having dreams, weird ones very lively.’ He hummed. Why keep such a simple thing from someone he would most likely never see again after this night? ’Told you it wasn’t that interesting.’

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

Yesterday at 01:58
Apparently, she had a good taste in wine. Cirina hummed softly. “Well, aren’t you lucky then? I have a whole lot to go through and I would love to share,” she winked. Cirina always enjoyed company, so she was glad to find some, it being as late as it was. Now, all she could do was hope that the company would be good, as she could spend an entire night with company like that. Right now, it seemed to be heading that way.

When he said the pleasure was all his, Cirina laughed shortly. He explained how he was having weird dreams, which caused her to raise her brow. “Quite the opposite!” she exclaimed. “I’ve been told that dreams show a person’s deepest thoughts. Their desires, their fears,” she went on. Of course, this had been told to her by her grandmother. Without her, Cirina would not have half as many stories. “So, what are you dreaming about?” she asked him, pulling the corner of her mouth up in a mischievous grin.
<3
Sponsored content

Homesick Empty

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum