Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

Temperatures stopped rising, but have yet to lower as autumn arrives in Avalance. Precipitation is still rare and mostly accompanied by thunderstorms.

Current Event

Long Live the Queen

The Queen is dead. House Aldyr is mourning the loss of their queen, while Lady Zehirah has been crowned Queen of Ashax.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Cirina Raen
Mini-avatar : Homesick Tumblr_oo269xw1I01vk78n2o4_400
IC posts : 62
Alias : Not Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Transmutational Alchemy
Cirina RaenAvalance Citizen

Homesick Empty
Homesick

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 00:32
To sit here all alone was not the kind of future she would have hoped to have, but there was naught she could do about it. Somewhere, sometime, she would come to find that her life did not depend on anyone. That she could be happy by herself. That her happiness was hers to achieve. But not today. For no matter how hard she tried, the girl seemed unable to shake the feeling of missing him. Her best friend. The only love she had ever known. And he would marry, and she had left. Their story was one that was ended by something worse than time. For neither of them had ever given it the chance to blossom.

Nothing was more beautiful than the night sky reflected in the clear water. She could see the moon and the stars, their reflection broken by the waves. A soft wind blew her hair back as she enjoyed the breeze that licked her pale skin. Here she was, sitting on the wooden planks, alone on the docks. Her shoes were placed next to her, where two (yet unopened) bottles of wine were found. In her hands another bottle, this one near empty. She took a sip and placed it on her lap again, closing her eyes as she softly hummed the melody to a song that reminded her of home.
<3
Finn Corbin
Mini-avatar : Homesick 3QLNsYC
IC posts : 85
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Finn CorbinLord of Aeldun

Homesick Empty
Re: Homesick

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 13:53

Finn had been in a weird place the last few weeks. But tonight it seemed even more real than ever before. He was flying through the sky, but at the moment of a first real attack the boy jumped out of his bed. Covered in sweat and landing on his ass on the ground making him groan softly. He sat there for a goof dew minutes, dazed as hell before he grabbed a simple dark shirt and put it on. Jumping into some kind of leathery looking pants and putting on his boots. Disappearing outside. Feeling that cold breeze slam into his body hard, yet it calmed him down. The youngster started walking, with no real place in mind. Just away from home, to clear his mind. To tire him out even more.

Ending up near the water. He wanted to sit down, yet that was the moment when he spotted someone sitting just a few meters away from him. Two glasses of wine standing next to her, while she was busy downing the first. He pushed himself up again and walked over to her. Yet not directly sitting down next to her, just leaving a few actual stones and docking pole in between them. A sigh rolling over his lips. ’Rough night?’ The man hummed, his voice still sounding sleepy, just at the look in his eyes. Finn was exhausted. Living in a constant haze to be fair, not actually being able to put right from wrong even. He could’ve just as easily be talking to himself here right now.

"Rule one: Don't punch above your weight."
Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 14:21
‘A man is not worth your tears, sweet Rina,’ her grandmother would say, before the woman would start telling a story of how she had broken the hearts of a hundred men, before she had fallen in love with her current husband. Even when the woman wasn’t here, a soft smile pulled at the girl’s lips simply by remembering her grandmother. For as long as she could remember, that woman had meant the world to her. She was closer to her than to anyone else in her family, even though the rest of her family didn’t seem to appreciate the woman nearly as much. Useless drunk, she had heard her be called. But never did she falter. No, her grandmother was the most amazing woman on this planet.

She was pulled out of her bubble when an unfamiliar voice broke the silence. Looking up, shock was quickly replaced with soft surprise in her eyes as she realized it was a boy around her age. His hair looked funny. He asked her if she had a rough night, though his voice sounded as if his hadn’t been any better. She held out the bottle, which was near empty, to him as she raised her brows. “You sound like yours might have been just as tough,” she hummed, her voice a high melody in the silence of the night. “I still have enough left if you wish to drown your sorrows with me,” she laughed, before looking out over the reflection in the water again.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 14:39

The fact that he couldn’t talk about these damned dreams of his with anyone was weighing the man down more and more. That and he had only recently returned from the North. A place that was in a state of war right now. Which certainly wasn’t a fun trip to actually have gone on, but well it had been on official duty so he didn’t have a say in it. But then they were pulled back for who knows what and the closer he had gotten back to Dragonwatch, the weirder his dreams had started getting. And well now he ended up here, due to one of those fucking dreams.

A bottle was held out to him and he shortly smirked. Grabbing it and staring at the liquid that was in it, it wasn’t much anymore but it was something. ’Probably not though.’ Cause well, bad dreams were just what they were. Bad dreams, even very vivid ones. ’Sharing your stash hm? I like you already.’ The young man chuckled softly, his voice slowly returning back to normal even though that exhausted tone would stay put. ’I’m Finn by the way.’ He shortly stuck out his hand at her, being polite and everything his dad would be proud of him.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 01:17
The boy told her that it probably wasn’t as tough, after which he mentioned liking her as she shared her stash. She laughed shortly, shaking her head as she opened up the second bottle of wine. Which, of course,she would share as soon as he would finish his. “My grandma always told me: a drink shared tastes better with a story,” she laughed. Like her, her grandma was a social person. This was probably why Cirina loved her so much. For now, Cirina had a lot less alcoholic problems. If she continued down this road, it might not take long for her to get there, though.

He introduced himself as Finn, holding out his hand. She shook it with a smile. “Cirina,” she introduced herself shortly. “It is nice to meet you, Finn,” she followed, keeping her manners. She looked back at the water, a soft smile on her face as she took a sip of the wine. “So, what is your story?” What was he doing here? Why was he all alone?
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 01:36

’I do like a good story yes.’ The man chuckled when she mentioned her grandmother. Interesting. He emptied out the bottle, feeling the sweet wine roll over his tongue, shortly humming at the taste of it. ’You do have a good taste in wine.’ The young man admitted to her, shortly smiling. Feeling the alcohol slightly was away his sleep. Slightly though, maybe this could turn into a nice night after all. Depending on how much he would drink and how the company would actually be. Though on that last matter he didn’t have much doubt, he was in good company stranger or not.

As she shook his hand he smiled. ’Trust me, the pleasure is all mine right now.’ He nodded, a short wink following. Why not try and enjoy himself for a change hm? Cirina, not the most usual name to go around in this area, yet a nice name nonetheless. Unique. Finn finished his bottle for real this time, placing it down next to him as he leaned back, hand positions behind him just staring out into the sky. ’It’s dull, really not worth the mention.’ Cause well, it really wasn’t. ’I’m having dreams, weird ones very lively.’ He hummed. Why keep such a simple thing from someone he would most likely never see again after this night? ’Told you it wasn’t that interesting.’

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 01:58
Apparently, she had a good taste in wine. Cirina hummed softly. “Well, aren’t you lucky then? I have a whole lot to go through and I would love to share,” she winked. Cirina always enjoyed company, so she was glad to find some, it being as late as it was. Now, all she could do was hope that the company would be good, as she could spend an entire night with company like that. Right now, it seemed to be heading that way.

When he said the pleasure was all his, Cirina laughed shortly. He explained how he was having weird dreams, which caused her to raise her brow. “Quite the opposite!” she exclaimed. “I’ve been told that dreams show a person’s deepest thoughts. Their desires, their fears,” she went on. Of course, this had been told to her by her grandmother. Without her, Cirina would not have half as many stories. “So, what are you dreaming about?” she asked him, pulling the corner of her mouth up in a mischievous grin.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 16:56

’Guess it’s my lucky evening in a way.’ Finn smiled softly at the woman. His eyes were trailing over the water, the small waves crashing onto the stones they were sitting on. Putting him at ease for a bit. Just a bit though. He was still extremely on edge due to the lack of sleep. Though the company of someone who wasn’t barking orders at him or advising him to go easier on his father for once, was something that he cherished right now. It was stupid. Cause in the end he was the one who was controlling his emotions, certainly involving his father. But due to everything that wasn’t happening anymore and the youngster was lashing out even harder than normal.

’Who says I’m afraid though?’ He was, very much afraid in his dreams for sure. Yet it was also something unnatural, a call almost. Something that always pulled him somewhere. But he just couldn’t put it into words to be fair. ’You wouldn’t even believe me if I said so.’ A soft chuckle slipped his lips as he looked up again, a faint smile caressing his lips. ’Dragons, or well a dragon in particular. I can’t explain it to be fair. He’s chasing me, he’s pointing me into a direction, but I just never quite reach it before I wake up.’ A shrug followed, it was stupid. A boy’s dream that had taken on bigger proportions than he could ever imagine.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 16:40
Finn immediately asked who said he was afraid, to which Cirina raised a brow. She had only said that dreams held desires and fears, but his response was enough to assume that his dreams spoke to his fears. He spoke of dreams of dragons, where the dragon was pointing him into a certain direction. He said that he could never quite reach it before he woke up. Cirina nodded slowly, listening to the words.

It’s nothing unique to a Dragonrider to dream of dragons in these times,” she told him. Her parents didn’t have magic, but she shared her Transmutational Alchemy with her grandmother. In her sober times, the woman had loved to tell her about the many kinds of magicks. One important story was of Dragonriders, who dreamt of dragons. Most would never see more of this magic than their dreams. In times of dragons roaming their lands, however, this turned into a literal nightmare. “Once Sunchaser chases Stormbringer off, I assume it’ll get better,” she laughed. Of course, she had seen Sunchaser leave. She didn’t doubt the beast would win.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 17:12

Cirina raised a brow at him and he just shrugged. Fuck. He was dead afraid of his drams but he couldn’t show that to her right? How would he look? No, he needed to keep up the brave face. Though after downing more of this wine more cracks would show in the actual mask he was putting up her. So maybe he should just be honest for once. She wouldn’t tell anyone right? Probably not. Cause he wasn’t feeling up to being the laughing stock of the Corbin family just yet. ’I’m afraid. Sorry.’ He apologized for lying. Being honest to a random stranger. Cause well, why not?

The boy shortly frowned. Dragonrider. Something that was only being told in the stories, yet he knew he had been gifted with that magick. Though he didn’t know what to do about these bloody dreams that made him spend his night often more awake then asleep. Which was actually showing in his work for Samuel and it annoyed him. ’How come you know about that?’ Finn shortly raised his eyebrow. Being genuinely interested now. ’So you think fire will prevail here?’ Honestly, he wasn’t sure what to think about the dragons, wasn’t sure on which one would win in a fight. ’But I do fucking hope it will get better!’ A soft chuckle was audible as he took the bottle from where it was and took a big sip of it.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 11:52
And then the boy admitted being scared. He confused her a little, jumping from one thing to the next. Maybe he was confusing himself as well, lost on a path without an end. Cirina knew the advice her grandmother would give her in such a situation. ‘Rina, my doll,’ she would say, ‘if your mind refuses to clear up the road, then let alcohol guide you. Turn it all off. Stop thinking.’ And while her parents had urged her to never follow her grandma’s advice, Cirina couldn’t help but feel like there was a truth to it.

My grandmother,” she answered when Finn asked how she knew about the magic. “She told me stories of all the sorts of magic our land knows. Including the dragonriders,” she laughed. “And I do think fire will prevail. Sunchaser is unbeaten,” she admitted. She didn’t know a thing about dragons, but she had heard the stories of the mighty Sunchaser. Surely, that meant that the dragon would rid their lands of Stormbringer.
<3

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 14:04

This was getting plain weird to be fair. He was telling this stranger things he wouldn’t even tell his sister or Samuel, yet here he was. Telling her he was scared of what might be coming. These dreams were there for a reason, the awakening of Sunchaser, the sudden appearance of Stormbringer it was linked to each other but he didn’t know why and hell he wasn’t to keen on actually finding out. Whenever those dragons would cross paths it would bring destruction to whatever region it was. And then there was the aftermath off course.

Her grandmother? The boy shortly chuckled. ’Well, then she’s either really wise or she has read a lot of books.’ So, she was living with her grandmother? Or well that was the assumption he was making right now. ’Yet has been asleep for decades. I don’t know. I don’t think we should be to certain of fire prevailing here. But well anything can happen so it seems.’ If dragons could happen, anything could really happen. And that was some sick foreshadowing he was doing right there. ’You live with your grandmother then?’

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 23:12
According to the boy, they could not feel certain about Sunchaser emerging victorious. “If the dragon can make you feel things in your dreams, then perhaps it can feel what we are feeling too,” she spoke. Maybe not. It had always been vague. No dragon had spoken, so they would never know what they could and could not feel. “In the slight possibility that it can, do you not think we owe it to cheer it on? To put faith in it? Perhaps it’ll be the strength Sunchaser needs to win.

Finn asked if she lived with her grandmother, to which she shook her head. “My grandmother… My family doesn’t like her much. My parents think she’s a bad influence,” she laughed. “But I don’t. I’ve always gotten along with her more than with anyone else. You see, we’re birdkeepers. She encouraged me to tell my parents that I want to work with falcons, rather than ravens,” she explained. She loved her grandmother. More than anyone, probably. Though Rhysand would be a close second. “But she drinks… a lot.” And with that, she grabbed the bottle and took a few sips of the bottle.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 23:46

He frowned at her. What? Them feeling what they were? Nah, that was out of the question right? He looked at here wondering what made her think such things. ‘Cheer on one dragon so he could kill the other? Doesn’t that feel wrong though?’ He shortly frowned. That felt more than wrong to him, rooting for one while the other got killed. That didn’t seem right. It was weird. Why would he root for Sunchaser either way? Because it was the king his dragon? It was weird. He couldn’t make that choice or think such things. ’But why? Are you scared of Stormbringer?’

He shortly frowned, chuckling at her words. A grandmother, something he didn’t have. Yet he didn’t like his family all that much. No that was a lie, he liked his family. But he didn’t like what had become of the Corbin’s here. Certainly not. ’Birdkeepers? How does that work hm?’ The man chuckled softly. Keeping falcons, that was quite an odd job if you asked him. But who was he to judge right? ’So are you working with the falcons or not?’ He smiled, intrigued by the idea itself. It seemed like the dullest job ever to him, but to each their own right? ’She sounds like an amazing woman. And don’t take this wrong but I think you inherited her love for drinks.’ He shortly pushed her shoulder, stealing the bottle from her and taking a big gulp before he handed it back to her. Being the little gentlemen he was deep down.

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 00:34
Was she scared of Stormbringer? Of course she was. Petrified. “I would be lying if I said I am not,” she admitted. “But I also think Stormbringer is the enemy. This was Sunchaser’s territory. Sunchaser is merely protecting what is his.” Stormbringer invaded that territory. As with all animals, that meant a battle was going to happen. The winner would get to keep the territory. If that was Stormbringer, times might change. They might have to fight it all, as the dragon would not go to sleep that easily. A dragon that big needed to eat. And eat. And eat.

Finn asked about how birdkeeping worked and if he was working with falcons now. He told her that her grandmother sounded amazing, though she had inherited her love for drinks. “Believe me. I’m nowhere near her when it comes to drinking,” she laughed, taking a sip after he handed the bottle back to her. “We train birds to deliver messages. I’m mostly training falcons nowadays, however. I teach them to hunt. But also to guard,” she explained. “If you look up, you’ll see Maple right there,” she said, nodding towards one of the ships, where the falcon was sitting on the wooden rails. “If I were to be in any sort of danger, she would gauge the person’s eyes out.” And with that, she handed the bottle back to Finn.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 14:22

’He might. Yet I don’t know how to feel about it all to be fair.’ No, that was something that he couldn’t actually answer. It was something that ran deeper. Sure, he could root for Sunchaser, but it felt strange. But it felt wrong in any circumstance. Shortly he pulled his hand through his hair, messing it up a little. ’It feels more than strange to root for one, when the other will probably end up dead. Maybe it’s a dragonrider thing, I don’t get it.’ He scoffed, he’d never get it. Because he never talked about it. And then there was her. Someone he didn’t know. And he was telling her these kind of things.

’Oh you’re not? I must meet this lady someday then.’ He chuckled. Since she seemed to be holding on to the liquor quite well. Quite interested about he job she had, birdkeeper. Such a weird job actually. But as she explained it he hummed shortly. To guard? She nodded towards a ship and yes, up on a wooden rail he spotted a falcon, making him smile shortly. Such magnificent birds. ’Alright, copy that. I’ll behave.’ He grinned, grabbing the bottle from her and taking another sip. ’Though, I have no bad intentions.’ The young man reassured her. Smiling warmly. Shortly stretching out. ’But you’re not doing it here right? Cause I don’t know any birdkeepers in the region.’

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 14:27
The boy explained his feelings, saying that it felt weird to root for one if the other one would end up dead. Cirina hummed softly. “I think I understand,” she told him. “Though I must admit, if its death will save our families and loved ones, I will gladly see it perish.” Maybe it was harsh. But that was the way Cirina had been raised. After all, she was a true northerner.

Finn laughed that he should meet her grandmother once, to which Cirina sighed. “Believe me. She’s unlike anyone else.” And he probably would never get to see her, as the woman lived all the way up north, close to Aeldun. She had to admit that she missed home. The conversation moved on and landed on where she came from. He correctly assumed that she wasn’t from here. “I’m from Aeldun,” she told him. “Far up North. The cold we’re facing here actually reminds me of home,” she laughed. She missed home. Yet, this journey had been something she had needed to do.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 14:47

’But what is his life could mean so much more? It’s an unreliable factor I know.’ Finn sighed, yeah he didn’t know why he was actually defending Stormbringer right now. Or well was he? This was hard, he didn’t want to talk about this. Yet talking about all the other shit in his life right now, well that wasn’t much fun. So this was the lesser evil of those two. Maybe. ’And even if one of them falls, then we have the other danger in the North.’ Finn hummed. A danger he had experienced from up close. Sure, not as close as he would’ve wanted but they had spotted some Undying from a distance and well, if they managed to break through the North’s defenses, they would be death. Dragon or not.

’Maybe that’s what I need. Someone that isn’t like anyone else.’ The boy chuckled softly. Maybe that would grant him some perspective. On what he needed to fucking do with the rest of his life, because right now he was pulled into all kind of directions. Something he didn’t actually like. Aeldun? He tilted his head shortly, frowning. So she probably knew his cousin? ’I know the place.’ He shortly smiled. ’I hope this damn cold fucks off real soon. I can’t imagine myself living in constant cold.’ He shook his head, laughing. Placing the bottle down again in between them. ’What brings you here then? Because Aeldun ain’t close.’

Cirina Raen

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 01:01
What if its life could mean so much more. Cirina laughed shortly, shaking her head. “He would kill hundreds, if not more,” she told the boy. “I don’t think that can be forgiven. If Stormbringer falls, then the King can take Sunchaser up north and burn all the undying.” Yes, she was hopeful. Because it was the only right thing to do. And in the stories, Kings always ended up doing the right thing in the end. She, however, was painfully aware that life wasn’t a story and that things might not turn out the way she wanted them to.

Finn told her that maybe he needed someone that isn’t like anyone else. “Then you would be at the right address,” she assured him. Yes, her grandmother definitely was an experience unlike any other. He said he knew Aeldun and that he couldn’t imagine himself living in constant cold. Meanwhile, to her, this felt like spring already. He asked what she did down here, which caused her to bite her lip for a moment. “It’s nothing fun I’m afraid,” she laughed shortly, though a hint of sadness broke through her voice. “Just a broken heart and a journey that should bring clarity.” With that, she took the bottle and placed it on her lips, taking a sip before placing it down again.
<3
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Homesick Empty

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 19:28

’Yet, one can’t be sure of that.’ Devastation would follow if Sunchaser fell that was true. But what if another Aldyr or someone else might link with Stormbringer? Or well that. Taking Sunchaser up north. Though he doubted that something like that would happen, because that would’ve already happened by now right? If that had been a valid thing. Honestly he didn’t know, and well he wasn’t going to break his head on it anymore. Whatever would happen, happened and there was nothing he could do about it. Not even with these damned dreams terrorizing him.

Shortly the boy chuckled. Yeah, maybe one day he would meet that grandmother of her. Though for now, Cirina was more than enough company that he needed. There was something about her that made him feel comfortable, he couldn’t quite describe it in any other way. Mentioning it would also not be happening, because he was still himself. Shortly he raised an eyebrow at her words. Nothing fun. That didn’t sound too good to be fair. Hearing that sadness slip through made him feel bad for some reason. A broken heart? Something he experienced enough, yet not through the reason she was probably experiencing it. Finn moved a bit closer, breaching the distance that was left between them and put his arms around her shortly as she placed the bottle down. Something that felt so uncomfortable but the boy still did it. ’You’ll be alright.’

Sponsored content

Homesick Empty

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum