⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Two man army Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Two man army Empty Two man army

on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 01:02

Alec had only shortly talked to Apollo that day when he had come down to the barracks. Talked about nothing in particular but he had mentioned to the man that he hadn’t seen Manny around that much. Which was very good for the numbers of keeping his recruits alive but still, he wondered where the woman had disappeared too and why. Though it wasn’t his place in the end and that was the sole reason why he had told Apollo. Because well, he would go find his sister most likely. Being in the weapon shed where all the recruits had stored their swords, the man was busy with doing an inventory. Mainly to keep himself busy cause most of the time he would let one of the unlucky recruits do that. But ever since he got back he was in a funk. To keep his mind off of the whole trip he had made he did the most peculiar little task. Even resorting to actual paperwork often.

After the inventory was actually done the man locked up the shed. Walking over to the training grounds, shortly looking around to see if Manny hadn’t resorted here. A thing they often did was actually fighting each other cause yes the woman was one of the most skilled fighters they had. Often besting him and even sometimes her brother which weren’t easy things to pull off. But she wasn’t around. Though he did actually walked over the hardened sand. Since it had began snowing more and the temperature had gotten down even more the ground har turned into stone almost. He grabbed one of the helmets of the younger recruits from the ground and glanced up, spotting the ravenhaired woman first by hearing her footsteps before he actually glanced over his shoulder.

& Manny

Two man army Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

Two man army Empty Re: Two man army

on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 01:24
The snow storm had died down and the dark-haired woman had left the castle to pop into the barracks. Manea hadn’t had much difficulty piecing together where her brother had come from when he had found her in the castle’s old watchtower. They weren’t friends, nor did they have a lot of conversations, but the man clearly noticed that Manea wasn’t coming around as often if at all. Either that, or the man had noticed that his recruits seemed less terrified than normal. Her gaze went down to the hand where the large gash was still covered up by a bandage.

The thin layer of snow covering the path towards the housing of the soldiers, cracked beneath her feet and she grinned as she caught the big frame of their Lord commander. He looked over his shoulder and that grin turned almost feral as she unsheathed her sword and launched herself in his direction, blade pointing straight in his direction, only stopping because she actually kind of liked the man. ”Hello lord commander,” the raven spoke darkly, ”A little bird told me, you missed me” she spoke in her crystal clear voice, Jaci making a screaming sound over top of them before landing on its master’s shoulder.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.

Last edited by Manea Winter on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 14:13

The woman had unsheathed her sword in no time making him smirk softly. Handling fairly quick he grabbed his own sword in his hand, their blades brushing against each other as he looked the woman straight in the eye. His blue eyes clashed with hers as she started talking making him chuckle when her bloody bird made a sound above their heads. ’The recruits are to happy when you’re not around.’ The man hummed. But yes, in fact he had missed her. Just the fact that she was always in the barracks someone he could always fall back on even though he actually never did that. Alec moved closer to her, pushing her blade back and shortly smirking at her. ’Maybe I got a bit worried hm.’ But that was a very big maybe yes.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 16:56
As she had expected from their lord commander, he had pulled his sword as soon as Manea had given the slightest inkling that she was planning on attacking him. If he had had any other reaction, there was a good chance that she had gone after his position after all. Alec Winchester was probably the only man – or woman for that matter, she would tolerate above her in ranking, him and Apollo himself. He was more than just skilled in battle and could actually keep up with her and her brother, which was a feat in itself. A lazy eyebrow arched up at his chuckle and a flickering of a grin spread over her face. ”Can’t have that now, can we? Happy recruits?” might’ve sounded sarcastic if her voice wouldn’t be so cold to begin with. That, and if there was one person who really didn’t want to see the recruits happy, it was Manea Winter. She wanted to see them sweating, panting, hopeless and preferable a little closer to demise than happiness. He pushed his blade against hers and a light sparked in her eyes as her bird flew off again while she tilted her blade, digging her heels in and pushing back. ”Well, it would be a waste if you lost a good part of your menpower huh?” the raven asked the man, pushing her sword up in a sudden outburst of movement, hoping to rock the heavier man back enough to move away from him a little.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 05 Jan 2020, 00:09

’Off course we can’t have that. They make too much of a mess already, there happiness gets in the way of their training.’ He smirked shortly. Couldn’t have that around the barracks right, some happiness? Who needed that anyway? He kept his gaze on her, picking up the slightest movements she made. ’So, come back hm? Can’t make their lives miserable on my own apparently.’ Or well he could and he actually was, but it wasn’t paying of as well without Manea actually enforcing his behavior with her somewhat distant approach with the recruits. In a way they were a team when it came down to scaring the recruits to death but hey. A sudden outburst happened the moment he wasn’t paying much more attention to her feet. Getting surprised, which made a smirk appear on his face as he stumbled back. Looking at her with an icy calm stare in his eyes. Grabbing his sword more tightly while he readjusted his stance again.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 16:55
The raven sorted humorlessly. ”I had expected that the return of their commander would’ve scared them enough to be fair,” and she didn’t doubt it had done exactly that. If there was one person beside her, who was covered in stories grander than anything she could’ve ever done, the recruits feared, it was their lord commander. It was clear that he was used to sparring with the raven-haired woman as his eyes were focused on every single one of her movements while she pushed back against his blade. ”I plan on it, but don’t think I’ll start showing up to morning drills or anything. I’ll come play with them when I feel like it,” she spoke clearly before pushing him away. He stumbled back a bit and as his smirk appeared, she couldn’t help the vicious grin spreading across her face.

The man adjusted his stance, obviously prepared for her to attack at any given moment. Manea swung her sword around lazily, eyes focused on the man. ”Except if you’re willing to let me spar with them head on? Then I might consider it,” she spoke, starting to circle around him. After she had mortally wounded a couple of their recruits a couple of years back, the lord’s bastard sister had been banned from sparring with the recruits head on. She couldn’t use actual swords nor spar one-on-one and even she had to admit that that was with good reason, but she could try right? There was little that satisfied her bloodlust the same way actually drawing blood did.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 14:12

’You actually flatter me.’ The man shortly hummed. Those words coming from Manea was something that he did not expect cause well she was who she was in the end. Yes, Alec was feared by most of the recruits that much was for certain. But that didn’t mean that he held the biggest scare factor, no those credits went to Manea and Manea alone. ’Hmm alas, having you scare them in the morning might actually pay off for them since then they will be doing their best for the rest of the day.’ He shrugged as he steadied himself on the ground again. Seeing that vicious grin spread over her face made a certain darkness being pulled up in his eyes.

’You don’t need to talk to me about that.’ The man hummed. He hadn’t been the one that had banned her from doing so. Mainly because he enjoyed watching it himself to be fair. As she started circling around him the man kept his eyes on her. Waiting for that exact moment, the moment she took a step, he launched at her his sword clashing down on hers as he kept his focus on her movements at all times.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 16:18
She snorted. That comment hadn’t been made to flatter him. The raven had been annoyed by the recruits acting as if the army and war were a pleasant game the would be playing ever since their commander had left for his trip to who knows where. ”Their happiness has been annoying me, I hoped it would be gone now you are back,” she spoke in a clearly annoyed voice. ”Mornings are for solo practice, you know that, to prevent myself from chopping off heads,” words that sounded like an exaggeration but they were more than true. He reacted to her, steeling himself and a certain darkness spilling over his face.

The raven groaned at his words, ”Me and the lord are not on speaking terms right now so I guess I won’t be fighting them head on for now,” she spoke clearly, yet pain was rushing through her body as she spoke those words. He launched and their blades clashed with such force that she had to use her right hand to stop her sword from smacking her in her own face. Her heels dug into the dirt and she pushed him back before immediately angling her blade towards his legs. ”Maybe we should do five to one and see how many I can wound hm?” she asked in between strikes with a grin. Curious soldiers had spilled out onto the yard as the two of them caused a racquet.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 20:40

’Maybe they should suffice as solo practice hm. Cutting out the weak from the stronger.’ Alec chuckled shortly. He wouldn’t mind having the number of recruits slimmed down. Certainly since there wasn’t any upcoming war anymore apparently. Which was annoying the hell out of him, but well those were his concerns and not hers.

Her words shortly made him look up, almost losing focus, but he stayed in the zone. That couldn’t be good. Those two not talking, that meant that they had fought with each other and that he was kind of the one that had actually made that happen unknowingly. ’Sorry to hear that.’ He hummed shortly, before he had swung his sword which had come down with an excruciating blow. As she pushed him back, he took half a step back, smoothly jumping over her blade. Letting his sword crash down on her again, blows that she smoothly handled as he expected. ’You can try, but that would take my fun away right now hm?’ The man smirked softly at her, looking her straight in the eye as he rolled underneath her sword again. It only swinging millimeters above his shoulders.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 20:35
She laughed. Not the laugh you expect from a woman, not soft and clear, no. A laugh without any real humor, just appreciating the fact that he was willing to let her use his own recruits as target practice. She could see the thoughts shift through his mind and she knew what he was thinking. What was the use of large army if there was nothing that pointed in the general direction of a war. It was clear on his face that it annoyed him as much as it was annoying her and she could appreciate that. Now, she was sure that she wasn’t the only one who was a little bit disappointed, or well more than just a little bit, with the fact that they wouldn’t be going to war.

She grunted at him saying he was sorry to hear that. Him being sorry wouldn’t change anything about the fact that she was hurting every hour of every day. Not because of the words he had spoken because they had been true. She was weak, if she couldn’t support her lord through whatever decision he’d be making, then she was nothing short of weak. It were her words that kept stabbing in her heart, the words she had deliberately used to hurt him. He stepped over her blade and she frowned, he had seen that move coming just as she had seen his next move coming. Again she used her free hand to help block his blow and she groaned as she stepped away from his blade. ”I plan on finishing this spar, my dear commander,” she answered with a feral grin on her face. She swung her sword and he rolled under it, making it only just missing his shoulders before she immediately made a forward movement with it towards his chest. ”And we already gained an audience, would be a waste to disappoint them now,” she spoke with bloodlust shimmering in her eyes as she nodded towards the recruits looking on.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 21:16

The fact that they wouldn’t be going to war had come upon him while he had been on that mission and it fucking annoyed him even more now. It was all thanks to that bloody wedding, and sure maybe that wasn’t it but that was certainly what the man believed right in this moment. So he had gone on that scouting mission for nothing, threw away weeks for what? To stand here sparing with Manny, how wonderful she was as a sparing partner, now? Where was the actual sense in that? Yet confessing these thoughts to Apollo would be a danger in itself. One he wouldn’t take just yet. Certainly not when this whole thing with Manea and Apollo was going down. Which was utterly strange but he couldn’t help himself that it would be because of that exact same problem. Though asking was a bit much right now.

‘You better do Manea.’ Alec smirked shortly. He wasn’t backing down now. As she moved her blade forward to his chest his came up, slamming it out of the way. He didn’t need to look. He could hear it. The silent talking over the wind that was coming up. Which made him push firmly with his blade against her, taking a step back and throwing a shot at her shoulder with his sword. Though mid in the attack he shifted his attention to her side, taking a sideway step.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Jan 2020, 00:13
This was what she was born to do, even what she was built to do. Taller than most women and most definitely stronger than most of them. Manea was built for fight, she was built for war, she had trained for war and now… it was all falling to shambles as her brother had decided against a plan they had dreamt of for years. If she had an ally in this, with those exact thoughts and feelings, it was Lord Commander Alec Winchester. Not Apollo, not Vulcan, but him. ”Don’t doubt that I will,” words sounded ever shorter than usual as she conserved energy and oxygen to put force behind her blows. One of those, was the one she was currently aiming at his chest, one that pushed away.

They didn’t spar often, mainly because sparing like this took a lot more energy than sparring with a recruit, and when she did, Manea most often sparred with Apollo if she got the chance. For the recruits this was a treat, an ability to see the two of them go at almost full strength. His blade pushed to hers and she was tempted to push back but then she saw him move back, she knew he’d strike. His strike was made towards her shoulder so she sidestepped but when his attention shifted to her side, the raven jumped back to evade the blow, before stepping back in, aiming at his legs originally before pointing the tip of her sword towards his side and stomach.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 14:49

Alec was aware that this spar would attract a lot of attention from the recruits. It was something he had been hoping for. To show this kind of swordsmanship to them. Manea was the perfect contestant in this whole matter. She sidestepped, she had anticipated his next move but not the one following after that making a short smirk fall over his lips as she stepped back. But he didn’t lose focus, he took a step back himself. Briging up his blade as soon as he saw her change in movements, blades pressing against each other again. Looking her straight in the eyes. This was one way to get his feelings towards this whole shit show out. He crashed his blade against hers, with a massive strength before he parried a few hits. One coming dangerously close to actually smacking him in the face. Sending a bunch of short hits from all possible angles in her direction.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 15:18
It was nothing new that recruits and even weathered soldiers came to look at a spar between her, Alec or Apollo. There was always a buzz when that happened but somehow both she and their lord commander were getting way too into it and it caused a feral smirk to appear on her face, widening whenever she as much as saw an opening in Alec’s defense. It was that grin that scared her opponents more often than not. Their blades clashed over and over again and Manea was glad that it wouldn’t get as damaged from this as from Apollo’s axe. He looked in her eyes and she noticed an anger she knew all too well, disappointment threaded through even. Their swords crashed and she easily followed his movements, blocking what she could until she saw an opening. He swung in the direction of her upper arm and she slightly sidestepped, starting a blocking motion. As he came closer, she redirected her sword, letting him het her upper arm and bringing the tip of her blade up towards his chest in the meantime, ignoring the pain shooting up to her shoulder.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 31 Mar 2020, 16:14

The attention that the recruits gave these spars was something that he in fact liked. Hoping they would actually get something through their thick skulls. When he spotted that feral smirk on her face he didn’t even react much. His eyes had turned darker, that fighting spirit that was always kept at bay came out best when he was sparring with either her or her brother. It was something about their skillset, something that eventually made everything seem more than real. The pair was in a way performing a dance, a dance that could in fact end really badly if they didn’t reign themselves in. When her sword swung into the direction of his upper arm he wanted to move away, yet he hadn’t counted on that sidestep she took. His sword crashing onto her arm with more force than he had wanted, yet as the tip of her blade touched his chest his eyes grew wider. Though Alec didn’t back down, no in fact. He was stepping into an even more dangerous position, bending through his knee tilting his own sword a bit as he made a slashing motion, yet before his blade would actually touch, he turned it again so the blades clashed. His arm suffering the slight fall out of the swords, cutting his lower arm. The Lord Commander stepping closer to her putting his force behind those movements so he could push her away. Eyes shortly shooting to her shoulder. 'Get your shoulder fixed, before we actually end up hurting each other.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 11:26
The reason why Manea barely ever really sparred with anybody apart from Apollo and their commander was because she took every version of a fight too serious. The raven had to be certain that her opponent was up to par with her before she sliced his arm off by accident. In the moment, she only focused on what she had to conquer, and it didn’t matter to her whether that was during a spar or on the battlefield. Only difference was that she had enough sense not to go for the kill when she was sparring, but it could still end badly if neither of them watched what they were doing. An angry sound slipped as he went down his knees and slashed until their swords met. He had lost, if she had gone through with her movement, he would’ve been run through completely by her sword, but he pushed her away. Her face stayed completely expressionless but the snarl on her face didn’t die down. ”Next time, I won’t stop my movement,” she hissed at him while sheathing her sword. Anybody who didn’t know her might think she was joking but the raven wasn’t, and she didn’t like being commanded to do anything, not even by the man whose job it was. Manea turned her back and glared at the recruits that had gathered. ”Go train!” she growled at them almost before walking off the field.

I know I've already won.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 13:12

If she had actually gone through, he would be pierced by her sword and that would’ve been the end of the Lord Commander for sure. Which was a telltale that they just better quit while they were ahead, before serious wounds would actually be inflicted. Her hissing didn’t even scare him half as much as it scared the recruits surrounding them. His eyes shortly going over them before they found their way back to Manea. He shouldn’t command her. Anyone but her to be fair. But well it was done now and as she walked off the field he sheathed his weapon again watching her walk. A dumb man would be going after her to see if she was actually alright, yet he knew better. That feral state she was in now, a state Alec was in himself, it wouldn’t do much good. And he like to keep his head on his shoulders for the time being since there was still more shit he actually needed to do even if that damned war never came. ’You heard her, go train or I’ll make you fight her next time!’ Alec barked an order and they each went their own way. The commander heading back towards his office.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum