Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice is coming to an end, with four lucky people finding the egg of a dragon. What will happen next?

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Joseph Corbin
Mini-avatar : I've come to say goodbye A311rEsK_400x400
IC posts : 69
Alias : Definitely not Wap

Character Sheet
Religion: Dragonfaith
Joseph CorbinAvalance Citizen

I've come to say goodbye Empty
I've come to say goodbye

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 23:22
Becoming the Hand of the King had taken away a big part of his social life, where Joseph had to travel in name of his King more often than not. He saw parts of Avalance he normally would not have been able to see. Whenever he would spend months at home, it was Jeran’s turn to travel. The man would visit the other High Houses or travel for his own leisure and Joseph would stay behind in Dragonwatch to rule in his stead. Joseph knew the King well after functioning as a Guard and his friend, before finally being promoted to the Hand after the death of his mentor. For this reason, the two were often on one line. While business as the Hand was rough, he never doubted his own decisions and knew that the King would agree with them.

Arriving in Crestfall, he knew that things could get ugly quite soon. For that reason, he had taken more guards with him this time. It was not a surprise to be stopped at the door, unable to head in. Even when he announced to be here in name of the King himself, they told him that he had to wait for permission of the Lord. But that was a bit of a problem, as Joseph wanted to talk to his sister, before allowing the man himself to speak. A single warning was not enough, so after the second he finally decided to take care of the problem.

The tied up guards in front of the door would sooner or later cause someone to raise an alarm. Joseph just hoped that it would be the young Lady who would come to see what was wrong. Leaving his own guards at the door, he made his way inside, finally sitting down on the couch, leaning back as if he owned the place. And now the wait began.

Asterin Whytebeard
Mini-avatar : I've come to say goodbye 9HMLOw0
IC posts : 43
Alias : Jenn

Character Sheet
Asterin WhytebeardAvalance Citizen

Re: I've come to say goodbye

on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 10:26

Joseph

The attic was always kind of secret ground. Whenever you walked passed that door that one image kept stuck in your mind. Every time Asterin was there she found her father, smoking something unhealthy while all the concerns of Crestfall rest on his shoulders. That old desk full of written dilemmas and concerns. Her father had always looked outside as he was worried, leaning back in that chair to a point she thought it would crack. But it never did. Now there was nothing. The desk was empty, covered with a layer of dust. Asterin hoped that every time she walked by here she would find her brother. But it never did. The only thing this room did was remind her of how things were and how much Artax had destroyed that.

She looked down to the ground, giving the room one last look before she took the stairs down. Her travels to the Glade and the tournament didn’t give her much success. She was hoping on finding solutions, not only to support her brother to a better path but also to restore those alliances. Dinners were quiet in the absence of Artax, the sisters were divided and Asterin saw Crestfall fall apart. And that because women are not fit to rule, not when there was a male successor.

As she was almost down she noticed the troubling noises from outside. Something of a struggle, a display of power. When she arrived outside she noticed Artax his guards, tied up and in the company of other guards. She wasn’t dumb, she knew exacly who’s guards that were. Sometimes she regretted reading this much. One gestured her the go inside and she signed, knowing whatever force the king send it couldn’t be for a glass of wine and a nice talk. Asterin turned around, walking inside the castle as she found the one in charge rather quickly. ‘Lord hand.’ She greeted him, bowing as she walked closer to where he was seated. ‘Welcome to Crestfall.’ She followed. He was here for Artax but Asterin would have to disappoint him for she didn’t know where her brother was. She never did. Her eyes shifted to one of the servants. 'Find my brother.'

&  
Joseph Corbin

Character Sheet

on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 21:37
While his new life as Hand of the King had taught him to appreciate every single moment of freedom, it also brought a sense of power. Sitting here, knowing that any whom he wanted to speak to was obliged to listen, it was hard not to let it get to your head. Luckily, Joseph had been hanging out with the King and his Hand for long enough to stay with both feet on the ground, knowing that this job was his years before it actually happened. And now that it finally was, he knew how to handle it. He knew the boundary between certainty and arrogance, balancing on its border.

The young woman welcomed him to Crestfall after bowing to him, causing him to pull up one corner of his mouth. As soon as she told a servant to find her brother, Joseph simply raised his hand. “No,” he corrected her. “I came here to talk to you, not your brother,” he went on. His eyes found her servants, before moving back to her. She was young, though an adult now. In the later part of her twenties, the woman seemed more capable of ruling a House than her younger brother did. It was a shame, really. When the man of a household had to be such a disappointment when it came to his political decisions.

So, I would appreciate it if you and I could talk.” His eyes found the servants again as he smiled, though it was as cold as any smile could be. There was no sense of empathy, no foolishness. He was here on business, to speak in the name of their Royal Highness the King. Asterin had to know that she was as safe with him as she could ever be, but he needed this talk to be with her alone. Servants had no use with the words he would speak. The less who heard, the better.

Asterin Whytebeard

Character Sheet

on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 22:12

Joseph

As soon as she noticed she knew it wouldn’t be for any compliments. Thorn apart in her feelings she had watched those guards. Angry on her brother for letting it go so far but also supporting the things he went through. He was the only male between four sisters, he was the one to rule. He didn’t want it and yet he had to. And he wasn’t here … she needed him to be here in the castle to confront his own mistakes and he wasn’t. She stood here all by herself, turning around on the gesture of one of those guards as she walked inside. Facing what her brother should face.

Asterin knew her world, she knew who was on top, she knew who was loyal to who. So she knew exacly who was sitting there. But as soon as she asked to get Artax, which would take hours if he was in the city, the man in front of her stopped that servant. She frowned her eyebrows, surprised as her eyes slowly went to her servants. Why did he want to talk to her? As he went on she just nodded, turning herself to the few people in the room. ‘Provide the lord hand of some refreshment.’ She instructed them neutral before looking back at him, forcing a smile on her lips. ‘It must have been a long travel.’ She followed, walking over to the one free spot opposite of him.

When the refreshments arrived, and they placed it all neatly before him on a small table she dismissed everybody and the door fell shut, leaving nothing else but the sound of a very old clock against the wall. ‘What can I do for you?’ She asked him politely. In the back of her head, something was screaming, warning her that this wouldn’t have a good ending, not for Artax anyway. Yet she kept confident that she could make something work. She had to, he was still her brother.

&  
Joseph Corbin

Character Sheet

on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 00:26
There was a certain tension that filled a room as soon as he wore the sigil of the king on his cape, with that smirk around his lips. Sitting here in the name of the Royal King of Avalance, meant that whatever he spoke, was as good as law. Every request and every decision was made with the best of Avalance in mind. Or, so they would tell the people. Of course, there were a lot of things Joseph had to consider. For example, his life was completely messed up since he had taken up his new role. There was no time for himself or his family. On top of that, he had to spend so much time with the King. He had to know what the King was thinking, or would say. For he wasn’t here to speak his own mind. He was merely an echo of the King’s voice.

As soon as the strangers had left the room, Joseph sat straight, before leaning forward in his seat. Looking straight at Lady Asterin, he licked his lips for a moment, before he started pulling at his moustache. “I am sure you have an idea of what I am here for,” he told her, his thick accent audible as he spoke. “I am not here for your brother, but our King’s business here involves him,” he went on. For a moment, he fell quiet.

First off, let me start this the way I should. I am here in name of His Royal Highness the King, Lord Jeran Aldyr of the Crownlands,” he told her calmly, speaking the words fluently as he had to say this so often it was almost part of his breakfast. “Pray tell me your part in and your view of everything that has happened recently,” he told her. It wasn’t a question.

Asterin Whytebeard

Character Sheet

on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 22:22

Joseph

She felt her heart skip a beat. She wanted to command whatever servant around to go find Artax. But it was her they wanted to speak. They … she knew the King’s hand was here in because the King had said so. So which meant the Whytebeards had been a discussion back in Dragonwatch. His whole council probably knew about what Artax did. Who told them? Where there a spy? Were the Quinn’s or the Moore’s involved in this? Was it one of her sisters? It made her angry somewhere, not knowing these things. Yet she walked strong-headed over to him. She was a proud woman, he wasn’t gonna crack her in any way.

The moment he straightened his back she knew what would come. And as soon as he spoke she slowly nodded. But he filled her in without her needing to tell it and she frowned her eyebrows shortly as he said he wasn’t here for Artax. He was turning words around and she shortly smiled. ‘You are here for his actions I presume.’ She filled in the words he didn’t speak. Artax had been a fool, now the consequences had arrived.

As soon as he spoke in the name of the king she looked down in her lap, closing her eyes shortly before she bow again. Her loyalty to the royal house had no boundaries, but she didn’t liked this. ‘Welcome to our house.’ She formally replied to those words. Forcing a smile on her lips. But it faded as he went on and yet again she simply nodded. ‘I have no part, I’m a woman. Father died, Artax became a lord. Whatever advice I gave him he didn’t want it to hear it. He just simply did what he thought was right in his own mind.’ She explained. She didn’t have to color up the truth. She was trying to speak truthfully and in defense of her brother but there was not much defending him. ‘I tried and I failed.’ Her eyes got serious as she looked back at him. ‘That is my part in all of this.’ She finished. She felt angry, more on herself than anybody else. She tried and failed.

&  
Joseph Corbin

Character Sheet

on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 20:13
To make a decision like the one he was going to make today, took quick wits. He would not only have to decide what was best for the Whytebeard family, but also what was best for the people in their city. Finally, he also had to consider his own position. If he made the wrong choice here, things would come back and bite him in his arse. Now, his arse was scarred from all the times he had been bitten and he did not feel like adding anything to it. His decision would be made quickly, but nonetheless well thought through. Today would be left without regrets.

That I am,” he answered, when Lady Whytebeard concluded that he was here for the actions of her brother. “I have heard of his deeds. It is never a good thing when a decision reaches my ears by the talks of the people, rather than being informed before the decision is made,” he told her, stretching one word in the sentence. While the words didn’t sound like a threat, his voice very much did. He was aware it wasn’t her who had made the decision, but that did not mean that she was innocent. Many men had a woman to whisper wisdom into their ears. Often, this woman was family, rather than their wives.

Finally, Asterin explained that she had tried to advice her brother against his actions. “I see,” Joseph noted, plucking at his moustache as he looked at her with a thoughtful frown on his face. “So you were aware that he was walking down the wrong path, yet did not consider informing us?” Raising a brow, Joseph knew that things could have been a lot different. But often, family was scared to do so. Or blind to the truth. They tried to fix it themselves until it was too late. Now here they were, past the point of no returns.

Last edited by Joseph Corbin on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 14:00; edited 1 time in total

Asterin Whytebeard

Character Sheet

on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 18:32

Joseph

He was quick to agree with her words, that he was indeed here for the actions of her brother. She knew he wasn’t ready to be a lord but she didn’t expect that this would go south this quickly. She didn’t had the time to try convert Artax and here they already were. They dominated the guards her brother had like they were only dogs on an overpopulated street, they barged into a home, like they owned it. How quiet she was at that moment, she felt certain anger, frustration. Yet, the polite smile never faded her lips. They were here on behave of the king and she wasn’t planning on disrespecting that. ‘I don’t support my brother’s choices but I at least expected I had the time to make him see differently.’ She merely said at his words. Should she have reached out to the royal family? Stabb her brother in the back by doing so? She felt a doubt, looking at the man, knowing the king would hear all about it. So she only looked down in her lap, admitting a defeat, admitting her mistakes.

And as it wasn’t enough that this man, the king’s hand, was here for Artax his actions, he blamed Asterin in the process. ‘What?’ She looked at him confused. ‘No,’ she stopped herself, knowing she was lying when she said she didn’t know. She knew Artax was not thinking clearly when he stopped those alliances. ‘Yes, but I was planning on fixing it. I would travel to Lord Quinn and Moore, to talk this over.’ Her words were hurried, trying to give him an explanation for the blame he put on her.

‘You wanted me to betray my own brother for one mistake by writing the king about it?’ She asked, knowing all to well what the answer would be to that question. She leaned back, diverting her gaze as she looked outside. They were blaming her for Artax his mistakes and it made her sick somewhere deep inside. When she looked back the man was sitting there still so comfortable and at ease. ‘What will you do?’ She just asked. She didn’t want to know. How did she had to explain this to her sister, to her brother to begin with?

&  
Joseph Corbin

Character Sheet

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 22:06
Already having lost his patience, Asterin was treading on dangerous grounds. Joseph pulled at his moustache, a habit he had when he was thinking of something, completely lost in his own world of thought. He hummed softly, his chest trembling with the low noise. Asterin spoke of not supporting her brother’s choices, spoke of expectations. “And I expected more of you. Yet, here we are. With failed expectations.” There was no sympathy in his voice, no sign of understanding. He wasn’t here to be her friend. He was the voice of the King and he had decided what were to happen tonight.

Of course, she had been planning on fixing it. She would talk to them. But that wasn’t her task, now was it? She had found herself incapable of stopping her brother before it was too late. A woman in charge of a House was seldom a good idea, and neither would it be in this situation. To him, Asterin had proved this with the words she spoke. Her next words only made his decision all the more clear. “I wanted you to act in the good of your people, not out of a selfish desire to keep your brother close,” he told her, ever so calm.

By not wanting to betray your brother, you allowed him to make a grave mistake. This will cost you and yours the future of your House.” There it was. This would be what would happen. “I hereby declare that House Whytebeard will no longer be seated at the House in Crestfall. You and yours will leave within a fortnight. Your banners will be removed and your House forgotten.

Asterin Whytebeard

Character Sheet

on Sun 08 Dec 2019, 17:16

Joseph

All her life she had worked and learned to make a difference. To break the lies and believes between status, between men and women. All her time as a young woman she had to spend alongside her father. And she thought it would matter, she thought she was learned well. He always believed that Asterin could make the difference for Artax, that when her father was gone she would be able to support him if needed. She had. She did. She did everything in her power to strengthen him, to try and divert him into the light. She believed to be strong, independent and the kind of woman her father prepped her to be. But this man made a hole so deep with only the steadiness of some words. The inside of her soul cracked, yet her eyes kept their focus, strong, stubborn … but no words left her lips.

And as this man in front of her kept talking, kept making that hole deeper Asterin felt the inside crack. It wasn’t until he announced the faith of the house that a single tear rolled over her cheek. It wasn’t even out of sadness, she was angry, angrier then she would ever be. “Your banners will be removed and your house forgotten.” It kept repeating itself in her head as she just looked at him, nothing more than a single tear as the rest of her expressions were blank. There was nothing on this point she could do, only wishing that Artax was the one being here. That he was the one to get the blame, not her. She wanted to do so much but she remained so calm as she stood up. Did he had a soul, was there something of a bit humanity left in this creature to just feel a little compassion. She lifted her chin, forcing that polite smile on her face as her eyes were sharp as daggers. ‘Then there is nothing more to say.’ She announced. ‘I hope you find the door by yourself.’ It sounded sharp as she moved away and one of the servants opened the door. ‘Find me Artax.’ She commanded, and she never sounded so cold before. She didn’t know who she had to hurt more, this king’s hand, her brother … or herself.

&  
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum