⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Chasing a phantom - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Chasing a phantom - Page 2 Empty Re: Chasing a phantom

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 01:05
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
She could almost feel his disapproval of her choices on this whole matter and it made her stomach turn a little. She knew he wasn’t fond of the south, but fact was that he was going to marry into a house that was looked down upon by other northern houses. ”Would he, though?” she said, now looking up at her beloved, shaking her head a little. ”We’re only a small family here. We don’t have an entire city, we only have some grounds, that’s it. If he’s smart, he’ll try to keep the Lochlains and the Corbins satisfied instead.” Why would he bother with them if he had two of his larger and more important pawns at risk by doing so? She shook her head a little. ”The south needs things from the north, those products will become rare and it’s some simple math. We might be able to keep some of our alliances down south.” It was clear that she had done quite some thinking about the matter. Not that strange. She had been sleeping terribly lately, keeping her eyes closed until he had managed to fall asleep, only to stare at the ceiling for most of the night.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Chasing a phantom - Page 2 Jason-momoa-gif-icons-3
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 01:19

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr didnt know much about politics. He had always left those kinds of matters to Freyja, assuming that she had more knowledge about those things. Now, he wasn’t so sure. Her line of reasoning seemed absurd to him. Freyja questioned whether Lord Freyr would consider what was best for all houses, not only for the larger ones. Tyrr chose to believe that Apollo cared for all his people equally, and would look out for House Skarsgård as much as he did for House Corbin and House Lochlain. “I know he would. You may not have faith in him, but I do. I know he has the best interest in mind of every northerner. Not just the ones who own the cities,” he argued. A High Lord could offer their house far more than a few alliances with some measly Lords and Ladies down south. “You would rather trade with pirates than with your own people?” he asked. Because that was what she was doing. Selling out her own for a meagre profit with unreliable people, that would undoubtedly sever their agreement once the borders closed.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:42
Perhaps it was because of the way her father had raised her that she was a little wary when it came to the other houses of the Highlands. Her father had been very good in making his alliances down in the south and Freyja had tried to hold onto them after his death, which had mostly worked. Tyrr seemed convinced that Apollo would’ve done everything in his power to make sure those things wouldn’t happen to their family. Freyja slowly shook her head. It was naieve to think that. They needed to be able to stand on their own feet, or they would become the weak sheeps in the herd. And everybody knew what happened to those. ”He’s not a pirate,” she then muttered, her voice a little softer than it had been before as a deep sigh left her mouth. Perhaps he was right and she had made a mess out of everything, but she simply couldn’t believe that her house would benefit from closing the borders. They would be ruined, every economic door would be closed for them and they would have to relay on the kindness of other houses. There was no such thing here in the north.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:57

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr was disappointed in how little faith she had in her own people, in her own government. Lord Freyr had been mindful when she voiced her concerns about Lord Corbin, expressing a willingness to talk to the little prick and reason with him. It was clear that Apollo would listen to reason, and Tyrr was sure he would look out for House Skarsgård’s best interests if Freyja were to ask him to do so. The problem was most likely that Freyja hadn’t, and had immediately resorted to making drastic decisions such as committing treason. The only response she had was that Lord Fabron was not a pirate, to which Tyrr audibly sighed. “You would do better to foster alliances with the houses in the north. Don’t give up on our own people so easily,” he told her, hoping his words wouldn’t fall on deaf ears. He may be uneducated, but he wasn’t an idiot. “We cannot rely on the southerners.” The North never had, and if it was up to him, they never would.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 12:21
Freyja listened how he kept going on about forging alliances with the north instead of with the south. Her house had always thrived from their southern alliances and she knew most of them were eager to keep the trading alliances up and running. It was money, after all. ”They didn’t want alliances with us before and they aren’t going to want them now.” Freyja shook her head again, looking up at the tall man from her sitting position on the couch. The fire casted some odd shadows on the wall. ”Why not?” she asked when he stated they couldn’t rely on the south. Her words were sharper than they usually were, showing that she was a little bothered by the fact that he wasn’t supporting her in this. ”My mother was from the south.” Perhaps it was the lack of sleep that she was feeling attacked by those she loved most in this world, or perhaps the political games were getting into her mind too much.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 12:42

let me die first
or i will die twice

The Skarsgårds were excellent hunters. Not only the people in the south could profit from that. They could sell their pelts to Aeldun, The Last Hearth, and Caer Scion. She had already written them off as obsolete, though, intending to cling to the southern houses as her lifeline. Tyrr shook his head to her words. “How do you know? When was the last time you even talked to a Lochlain?” he replied, getting a little frustrated. Things didn’t simply fall into your hands, you had to work for them. Freyja already had her opinion ready without even making the efforts to work on things. Connor Lochlain had recently taken over after his father’s passing, which was an excellent opening for a possible new alliance between their houses. She asked him why they couldn’t rely on the southerners. “We are not the only ones who can give them what they want. If the borders close, they will find easier ways to obtain the goods we are giving them. How do you even want to trade with them if you cannot reach them?” He already knew that no southerner would risk trying to cross the heavily guarded northern border. Not for a bunch of pelts.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 13:19
Her heart was rapdily beating in her chest as she could hear how he started to get a little more frustrated with her. She had never intended to pick a fight with him, but it seemed they were very close to crossing that line now. She shook her head a little at his words. Her father had greatly disapproved of the Lochlains. They were ruthless and cold and besides, they weren’t very fond of House Skarsgård either. She asked him why they couldn’t trust the southeners, almost feeling like his words had been personal. Freyja knew he was right, but not yet at the point where she would give in that easy. ”And what if Apollo’s whole plan goes up in ashes? What if the King forces through the borders? We cannot completely cut ourselves off from the southern politics, not while we still have a little part in them. It’s an ensurance for if things might go wrong.”
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 13:33

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr wasn’t really quick to anger, especially not when it came to Freyja. He was usually at his best around her, but this time was very different. He was trying to keep calm, but their opinions were starting to stray from each other further. It was clear that there was a fundamental difference in the way they thought about things and it was becoming painfully obvious right now. Tyrr was a northerner in heart and soul, while Freyja tended to latch onto her southern alliances. It was a large difference between the two of them, but it had never really been a problem. Until now. He simply couldn’t comprehend that her loyalties had become that distorted over the years. “I do not claim to know what is going to happen when the borders close, or whether Lord Freyr’s plan will work, but I do know that we have a bigger chance of succeeding if the North stands as a united front.” He locked eyes with her once again. “And currently, you’re the one breaking us apart.” The Last Hearth would be loyal to House Freyr until their final breath, and even Lord Corbin obeyed the rules that were imposed on him by the High Lord. Freyja was the only one falling out of line, and that was how they would lose. Divide and conquer.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 14:19
Freyja clenched her jaws together and stared at the fireplace, watching the shadows that were casted in the room by the dancing flames. She heard his words, though she didn’t respond immediately. She needed some time to let them sink in. ”Well, I fucked it up already, didn’t I?” Her voice was a little hoarse, desperately trying to not show any weakness. It was too late to take her letters back now. The secret was out there in the world for him to do with as he pleased, and she couldn’t do anything about it anymore. If it came out that she had been the leak, they would simply hang her for treason. If the north failed, her house would be trambled and there would be nothing left of them. If she had faith in her High Lord and he decided to give the cities their will, her house would also be crushed. They simply were in a very unfortunate position right now and she didn’t know what else to do. Freyja looked at the flames some more until she decided to look back up at him. ”Are you saying that I’m breaking up the north, or do you mean I’m breaking up us?” He belonged here in the north and she… she didn’t know where she belonged any longer. Her mother had always hated it here.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 14:34

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr could see her struggle. On one hand, he wanted to help her out, but he wasn’t sure how. He stuck by his words, meaning every single one of them. His expression softened a little when Freyja took on a defeatist attitude by saying that she had messed everything up already anyway, so what was the use? Tyrr let out a deep breath. “Everyone makes mistakes,” he started. “What we do afterwards is what matters. You can reach out to Lord Fabron, tell him to keep his mouth shut. And you’ll have to tell Lord Freyr the truth.” Perhaps it wasn’t too late just yet. The High Lord’s secret could maybe remain just that: a secret. Lord Fabron didn’t have many allies as of right now, so there was a decent chance that the information would remain contained.

He frowned once more when Freyja took his words completely out of context. “This is not about us,” he assured her. This was about her committing treason and him trying to salvage what he could. He wasn’t going to abandon her just like that. If anything, he wanted to help her fix the mistake she had made. If only she would let him.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 14:46
The constant struggle tired her and she wanted nothing more than just to crawl in bed and have a good nights sleep for once, but she knew her chances were small, especially after this conversation. She would continue her vicious circle with pondering over those matters while Tyrr was peacefully asleep next to her. She looked at the flames as he proposed the idea to fix the mess she had made, though it wasn’t really an answer that satisfied her. ”He can’t know,” she immediately said, shaking her head a little. No, if he found out, she might as well hang herself to spare him the effort. She had broken his trust behind his back and telling him would only make things worse, or so she thought.
The red-haired woman looked up at him from the couch she was sitting as she spoke her next words. She didn’t know why she had said them, it had just happened before she knew it had. He ensured her that this wasn’t about the two of them and a soft hum left her mouth before she averted her gaze back to the flames, still feeling somewhat of a lump in her throat.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 16:09

let me die first
or i will die twice

It was clear that they were at polar opposites of the spectrum right now. Whereas Tyrr seemed to have placed all his faith in Lord Freyr and the northern people, Freyja tended to want to side with the southerners. Something he found extremely disappointing. The borders were going to be closed, whether they wanted it or not, so the best they could do is unite with the rest of the north to show the rest of the world that the North was still a unified front. Once the cracks would start to show, that would be the end of them. And Freyja had just exposed those very cracks to some pirate Lord down south. She immediately told him that Lord Freyr was not to know of this. “He is not the savage you think he is,” Tyrr told her. Freyja seemed to share the biased picture the southerners held with regards to Lord Freyr. He wasn’t cold, ruthless, or insensible. He could be, but he also be reasoned with when it came to his people.

This had nothing to do with the two of them and he needed her to know that. He loved her, whether she made mistakes or not. It hurt him to think that she’d interpreted his words that way. “At least write Lord Fabron another letter, telling him to keep this quiet.” Tyrr was fairly sure that the Lord of Kraken’s Lair wouldn’t listen to that advice anyhow, but perhaps the hidden part of him that cared for Freyja’s well-being would keep him from spilling the secret. No matter how much Tyrr hated that idea.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 16:31
Telling Lord Freyr about her treason was not going to happen. He would hang her to set an example for the other people in the north. She was only the Lady of a smaller house, after all. Perhaps he would spare her family, perhaps not. She simply didn’t want to take more risks than she had already done. ”Savage or not, he will find me guilty of treason.” She had broken the law. There would be consequences if he found out.
Freyja didn’t know why, but a part of the whole situation felt personal. ”I’ll write him first thing in the morning,” she muttered, not really feeling like writing a letter at this late hour. She would have to go back to her office for that, and she had no idea how she was going to phrase it in the first place, so it might be a better idea to sleep a night over it.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 16:40

let me die first
or i will die twice

Freyja seemed to prefer the truth to remain hidden. Tyrr wasn’t so sure. He believed that Lord Freyr needed to know whether his secrets were compromised, and that he would be merciful if he were to find out through Freyja herself, rather than some third party. Tyrr didn’t trust Lord Fabron to keep his mouth shut, and sooner or later it would come out. Not only would the world know what she had done, they would also know that she had made no effort to revert her mistakes. “If you speak up yourself, he might treat you mildly. It will be far worse when he finds out through someone else.” When, not if. Only through realizing and fixing her mistake, could she achieve some kind of redemption.

Tyrr nodded when she said she would write him. “Good,” he said, not entirely happy with the fact that she was going to reach out to him again. But there was no other option right now. “It’s getting late,” he then said. “Perhaps we should both get some rest.” He doubted he would get much sleep tonight, as his mind would be ruminating what he’d learnt today.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 16:57
The red-haired woman could feel what he wanted her to do. He wanted her to confess her treason to the High Lord himself, something she didn’t really think to be a good idea. ”He might, yes,” she said, looking at Tyrr again. There was no guarantee there. He might treat her mildly, he might end her life right there on the spot. No, she still believed it was better that this betrayal stayed hidden for the world to know.
She did however promised to write Lord Fabron first thing in the morning. Her fiancé stated that it was late and that they both should get some rest. A soft hum left her mouth, clearly not really there with her mind as she looked at the flames, thinking everything over again. Had she indeed been so wrong by wanting to hold onto her old alliances? At first she had been very certain of her course, but now she wasn’t so sure anymore.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 18:26

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr was convinced it was going to come out some time or another. The only factor that made a difference was whether she was going to confess herself, or be exposed by someone else. She didn’t seem willing to do the former. Tyrr didn’t think it would cost her her head if she did, not in the slightest. Lord Freyr knew mercy. House Skarsgård had been a respected part of the Highlands for ages now. He wouldn’t dispose of her as easily as she thought he would. But Freyja didn’t want the secret to be out.

Tyrr just nodded, hoping this would be the end of it for now. He needed to think, decide on the best course of action. He suggested that they head to bed, and she merely hummed. She was clearly still in thought and Tyrr didn’t want her to go to bed while still troubled. “What are you thinking about?” he asked. He wanted to know, genuinely.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 21:58
Freyja knew she had made a mess out of things tonight by not handling the letter discrete. If she hadn’t thrown it in the fire, he might have never asked about it and she simply could’ve kept it a secret, though she also didn’t want them to be like that. She wanted to be able to tell him what was bothering her, but this… She simply didn’t know it anymore. He asked what she was thinking about after she had only hummed at his proposal to go to bed. ”I just…” a sigh left her mouth as she shook her head, not really knowing if she should bother him more with her thoughts. For a moment, she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath before she got up from the couch again. ”Never mind it, lets just go to bed.” She was incredibly tired and she looked like it. She reached up for her cloak to undo it and dropped it over the couch.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 23:12

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr wondered what would’ve happened if he hadn’t caught her red-handed. Would she still have told him, or would all of this remain a secret? He was fairly sure it was the latter, which in turn made him wonder if there was anything else that she kept from him. She knew everything about him there was to know, but right now he wasn’t so sure if it was the other way around as well. He would rather solve this problem right now and just go to sleep. They both needed some well-deserved rest after all of this, but Freyja still seemed bothered about something. He asked her for a piece of her mind, but nothing came. He sighed, then nodded. “Alright,” he said. If she didn’t want to tell him, she didn’t have to. Not right now, at least. He took off his coat and the tunic he’d been wearing. By now he had been well warmed up. He stripped down and walked over towards the bed, getting underneath the furs. He quietly watched her, hoping that they could put this past them.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 23:36
Freyja was on the brink of telling him something else, but then shook her head and decided it had been enough for today. There was this aching pain in her scalp and she wasn’t really sure what the cause of it was, but a doctor would tell her it was from stressing out too much. She had a heavy burden on her shoulder and even though she tried, she made mistakes as well. For that she was human, and humans were known to make many mistakes. Though she wasn’t sure if she herself found this to be a mistake. She briefly eyed him as he undressed. It took her a little longer to get out of her dress. She didn’t ask him for help as she so often did. Once she was only wearing a sheer white dress, she walked over to the bed and got underneath the warm furs as well. A deep sigh left her mouth as her head rested down on her pillow and she stared at the ceiling. ”Tyrr?” she eventually said, breaking the silence between the two of them.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 00:06

let me die first
or i will die twice

Of course, Tyrr found himself wondering what she would’ve said. But he didn’t want to heighten the tensions between them any further by pressuring her to talk to him. He decided to just call it a night, hoping that some sleep would help the both of them get their thoughts in order a little bit. They would make it through all of this somehow, together. But they would figure it all out tomorrow.

Tyrr quickly got ready for bed, noticing that she didn’t ask him to zip down her dress this time, as she usually did. Something was still wrong. He held up the covers for her to join, preparing for a painfully quiet night until she spoke up again. He turned over on his side, facing her. “Yes, my love?” he quietly responded, curious as to what she would say. Part of him was afraid that there was something else she had been hiding as well.

death, too,

must be earned
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum