⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Chasing a phantom Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Chasing a phantom Empty Chasing a phantom

on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 00:39
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
The red-haired woman quietly scanned the yellow piece of paper she was holding. Some of the edges were ripped and scratched from the journey to the north, yet the ink had managed to stay intact. She was aware of what she was doing and a part of her knew that she probably shouldn’t. She was risking the good name of her family, the safety of those she held dear, but she also knew that she couldn’t just sit still. It was why she had decided to send him those letters. Her blue eyes flashed up as she heard heavy footsteps in the hallway. She had retreated to their chambers a little while ago, needing some time and space to properly think over certain matters. As she heard the approach of his footsteps in the hollow castle, she quickly got up from her chair and threw the letter in the fire, where the flames happily started to dissolve it.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Chasing a phantom Jason-momoa-gif-icons-3
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

Chasing a phantom Empty Re: Chasing a phantom

on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 22:49

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr’s massive frame was partially covered in pure white snow after roaming through the White Woods for the majority of the day. He’d already dropped off his catch of the day and was ready to turn in and call it a night. A few of the guards greeted him on his way to his chambers. He felt himself longing for a burning fire and a warm bed. The seasons had turned from summer to autumn and he clearly noticed it. After spending his afternoon outside, he felt that the cold had made its way into his bones. It would take him quite some time to warm up again. At least he would be able to spend the rest of the evening with his beloved.

He opened the door to their quarters, just in time to see her throw a piece of paper into the fire. The flames crackled as they slowly ate away at the parchment and Tyrr’s gaze moved to the red-haired woman. “My love,” he greeted her first, as he always did. “What was that?” He couldn’t help but think that there was something up with the letter she had so quickly disposed of. He trusted she would tell him, though.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 23:52
The days were getting more gloomy and grey as the year slowly worked towards its end. Soon there would be less prey in the forest to keep them fed. The cold would try to breach their thick castle walls and they would have to make sure to keep the fires burning at all times. Freyja loved the winters, though. They were even cozier in some way, yet they could also bring death if not carefully handled. With the current political games that were played, she had to watch her back. She couldn’t risk her house weakening as winter was on its way.
As she heard heavy footsteps, she quickly got up and threw the letter she had been reading in the fire, where the flames soon took care of it. The lady straightened her back and turned around, flashing her husband-to-be a faint smile as he greeted her. He asked about the letter, which meant he had noticed she had gotten rid of it as he had come in. ”Oh, nothing special,” she said as she slowly walked towards him. ”How did the hunting go?” In the corner of her eye, she saw how there was barely anything left of the letter anymore.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 19 Oct 2019, 00:26

let me die first
or i will die twice

The most fruitful of his hunting days were nearly over. Winters would get so harsh this far up north that there wouldn’t be much prey to catch anymore. Most animals would retreat further into the forest or hide away to start their hibernation. His traps turned up empty more often than not and going out into the forest became a dangerous activity. He wouldn’t be the first one to freeze to death in the forest during winter.

His fiancée flashed him a smile, but it was nowhere near as genuine as they usually were. Tyrr raised a somewhat suspicious eyebrow at her, then briefly looked away at the letter that was slowly burning away in the hearth. She said it wasn’t anything special and Tyrr felt inclined to believe her at first. But he didn’t. “A lot better now that Lord Corbin sticks to his own hunting grounds,” he answered her question, which was clearly meant as a distraction. “Are you sure the letter was nothing?” he asked. She had disposed of it in quite a hurry, and the fact that she was downplaying whatever it was didn’t sit well with him. She usually told him whatever was on her mind, even if it was something bad. Why wouldn’t she do it this time?

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 19 Oct 2019, 15:20
Freyja never had kept any information from her beloved. Even the political matters that had concerned her had been shared with him, while she knew he didn’t really bother much about those kinds of things. This time, however, she was keeping something from him. The footsteps had startled her and she had decided to throw the letter in the flames before it would fall in the wrong hands. This information was delicate. And she simply didn’t need other people to know about this.
The red-haired woman walked up to him, trying to smile and changing the conversation to something else. A hum left her mouth as he spoke about Lord Corbin. It was good that the man had stopped hunting on their grounds. Especially with winter around the corner. He asked about the letter again and Freyja briefly flashed the burning piece of paper a look. ”Oh, no, just some political things.” She swallowed, looking back at Tyrr. He wouldn’t be happy if he knew, so she might as well spare him from that.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 19 Oct 2019, 23:29

let me die first
or i will die twice

The fact that Freyja seemed to be keeping something from him, concerned him. She usually shared everything, so he figured it was something serious. There were only a few things he could think of that she wouldn’t want him to know. He wouldn’t allow himself to jump to any conclusions until he knew for sure, however. So, he decided to ask her, hoping for a straightforward answer. But even that, he didn’t get. She danced around the topic, painfully unsubtle. Tyrr briefly amused her by answering her question, but quickly moved the topic back to the letter she had so hastily burnt. He locked his dark eyes with her, as if he could demand the truth from her like that. Just some political things. A very vague description. She usually didn’t hesitate to share political matters with him. Why would she do such a thing this time? “What kind of political things?” he asked, intent to press on until he would get from her what he wanted to hear: the truth.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 00:58
Freyja felt like a cat that was slowly pushed in a corner. She wanted to distract him, but he simply pointed her right back to the letter that was now nothing more than ashes in the fireplace. He would never be able to read the exact words, but she had them in her mind and he was fishing for them. Her vague description didn’t help and he asked for the specifics. ”I don’t want to bother you with it,” she then said, hoping he would drop the subject and that they could just move on to another one. She didn’t want to hurt him, she didn’t want to endanger him or anger him. She knew he would be the latter if he knew. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she looked at him, the fast pace of her heart caused by how he had startled her before. Perhaps she should work on that, making sure that she was wearing her mask better in front of people, but he was her weakness there. She couldn’t lie to him, not really, and it showed.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 01:05

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr didn’t mean to put her on the spot, but he wouldn’t rest until he found out what was going on. He was sure it was going to bother him if he didn’t. Freyja was behaving awfully peculiar and he was intent on knowing why. There were a few reasons he could think of, and one in particular kind of irked him. The fact that she refused to elaborate, only made him more suspicious. She told him she didn’t want to bother him with it, which was absolute nonsense. “It bothers me that you’re not telling me what it is,” he told her, stepping a little closer to her. He locked eyes with her, one question burning on his lips. “Are you writing him?” he asked, his facial expression blank as always and his tone of voice completely neutral. But his blood was starting to boil, fearing that the answer would be ‘yes’.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 01:23
Freyja swallowed as she looked up at him. She hated to keep things from him, but at this point she had found it better for him to not know what she was doing. She didn’t want to bother him with political matters, he was busy enough with all the hunting and such. The lady told him she didn’t want to bother him with it, and he said that it bothered him she wasn’t telling anything. Fair enough. Freyja took in a shallow breath as he stepped closer, averting her blue gaze for a few seconds until he spoke again. Her throat felt dry as she slowly found his eyes. ”It’s not what you think, Tyrr.” She hadn’t yet confirmed, yet she also wasn’t denying, which would probably say enough. ”It’s purely politics.” Nothing else.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 01:28

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr didn’t avert his gaze for a single second, but she did. She couldn’t even look at him right now. Evidence of a guilty mind. At that point, he already knew. Her words didn’t confirm his suspicions, but she made no effort to deny them either. There was no doubt in his mind that she knew exactly what he was talking about, that she knew exactly who he meant by ‘him’. It wasn’t what he thought. Just politics. There was that excuse again. “Then tell me what was in the letter,” he demanded. He wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. If it truly wasn’t what he was thinking, he wanted her to tell him what the letter said, verbatim. If she refused, he would know more than enough.  

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 11:11
She knew how bad things looked right now and she desperately tried to tell him that it was not what he might think it was. She knew exactly who he meant by ‘him’. There had only been one man in her life before, for two nights to be precise. Freyja swallowed as she dared to look at him again, her blue eyes locked in his as she tried to think about how she was going to phrase it without angering him. He demanded again to tell him what had been in the letter. Freyja opened her mouth and closed it again, not knowing weither it would get even worse if she told him the truth. ”I’m trying to keep the alliance between House Skarsgård and House Fabron, that’s all.” The truth, though not the entire truth just yet.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 11:57

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr didn’t know what to think. With the things he knew, he found it difficult to believe it was all ‘just politics’. On the other hand, he didn’t think that Freyja would betray him like that, so all he could really do was ask her to tell the truth. She kept giving him vague answers, however, which only made him more worried. Was there someone else after all? He once again demanded her to tell her what was in the letter, but her answer hardly revealed anything once again. It seemed like he was going to have to start digging even further. “Why? Has something happened?” he asked. As far as he knew, the alliance between the houses had been just fine for years now. Why did it need saving all of a sudden?

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 12:34
She knew she was on slippery ice here. Freyja swallowed and admitted that she was trying to keep the alliance between those two houses, confirming who’s letter it had been that had been thrown in the fire so quickly. The answer wasn’t enough for him and he continued digging. The lady clenched her jaws together and looked away again, this time turning her entire body and walking back towards the couch in front of the crackling fireplace. ”Lord Freyr told me he wants to close the borders of the Highlands anytime soon. I’m just trying to save what can be saved of our alliances with the south.” Lord Freyr had proposed that she would work together with the Lochlains and the Corbins, but with neither one of those houses she really had been on good terms lately. It would be difficult and her house, being the smallest of them, would suffer from those consequences.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 12:44

let me die first
or i will die twice

From what Tyrr had gathered, the alliance between House Skarsgård and House Fabron was perfectly fine. Freyja had made sure of that during the very first meeting with the Lord of Kraken’s Lair. It had been something Tyrr had managed to push towards the back of his mind for a long time now, but whenever it was brought up, it still irked him. He felt a painful pang of jealousy at the idea that there had been someone before him. Someone she had barely even known herself. And yet, she had given herself up so easily to him.

Freyja walked away from him, and finally the truth came out. Lord Freyr had intentions to close the borders, something Tyrr found himself agreeing with. The south had never valued the Highlands the way they should. It was about time someone would show them what they would miss out on without their most underappreciated province. It was a problem for Freyja and her house, however, since they mainly focused on trading with southern houses. “Did he tell you when? And why?” Tyrr asked. Tyrr stood behind Lord Freyr’s decisions, but he wondered why he chose to do this now. And how soon was now?

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 14:12
She softly bit down on the inside of her cheek as she turned away from him, a little frown forming on her face as she made the decision to tell the truth. She couldn’t keep up this vague chatter for long, especially not if he kept digging for what he wanted to hear. Besides, she had never lied to him about anything, and she didn’t want to give him the feeling she was now. Freyja walked back to the couch, telling him how she had gotten the information that the borders of the Highlands would soon close. He must know it would be a problem for their house. ”Not when, only that he wanted to draw the King’s attention. Stop the outrageous taxes the north is paying.” She shook her head a little, looking over her shoulder at Tyrr. ”And I told Lord Fabron, so we could keep our alliance with them, preferably without anyone knowing.” She knew Lord Freyr wouldn’t be happy if he found out, so it would be better if he didn’t.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 23:12

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Not this time. He was usually respectful towards her boundaries, but this time his suspicions had gotten the better of him. The fact that there had been someone before him was one of his greatest insecurities when it came to his relationship with Freyja. It still angered him to think about it to this day, so when he learnt that she was corresponding with him again, Tyrr couldn’t keep a clear mind. She finally spilled her guts, though, letting Tyrr know that there was far more at hand than he initially suspected. Lord Freyr wanted to close the borders, threatening Freyja’s relationships with the southern houses. Tyrr slowly nodded, understanding where Apollo was coming from. “You’re going behind his back,” Tyrr firmly stated. There was no judgment in his voice. Not yet. It was merely a solid observation. “That is treason.” There was no other way to phrase it. Freyja was spilling her High Lord’s secrets, something that may cost her her life it were to get out.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 23:30
A sigh left her mouth as he stated that was she was doing was treason. She didn’t like how the word sounded, but she wasn’t going to jump into her own defence and denay it. She knew it was treason of her own High Lord, spilling his secrets to outsiders. ”I know,” she then said, locking eyes with him before she sugged down on the couch in front of the fire. Freyja averted her gaze, staring at the flames. The letter was long gone, the proof of her treason destroyed. She could only hope Lord Fabron would’ve done the same too, just as he had said in his letters. ”But if I wouldn’t, our House will be finished. The Lochlains and the Corbins would never accept if we interfered in their businesses, so the best shot we have is keeping our alliances with the south.” Lord Freyr could’ve known this. The Skarsgårds were the smallest of the three, they would only have the leftover bones. And she wasn’t going to let that happen.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 23:37

let me die first
or i will die twice

Treason. Never would Tyrr have thought he would have to throw such a heavy word around towards his betrothed. He knew she had her reservations towards some of the northern Lords, and preferred to affiliate herself with more southern houses, but he never would have questioned her loyalty to House Freyr when push came to shove. Up until now. What she had done was a crime he hadn’t thought she would have been capable of, and she had done it behind his back. And she was aware of all of this. He quietly listened to Freyja’s words, questioning her logic. “If Lord Freyr closes the borders, do you really think there will be anything left of those alliances?” he asked her, hoping that he could make her see reason. He doubted that Lord Fabron would risk crossing a closed border for a trading agreement. Not even he could be that ignorant.

death, too,

must be earned
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 00:30
Even though she usually liked playing the political games, she found herself in a position she’d rather not be in right now. She had to betray her own region, spilling secrets in order for her family to stay upright in this mess. Perhaps the whole plan of closing the borders would never happen, but she had to be prepared for if it did. Her throat felt dry as she sat down, watching the flames while she listened to what her betrothed had to say. His words made her stomach turn, but she wouldn’t show. ”I don’t know, but I have to try. This House won’t last if those alliances are lost. House Corbin will take our hunting grounds if we’re weak and then we’re pretty much done.” There wouldn’t be anything left of them. ”I had to do something, couldn’t just sit and watch.” Freyja closed her eyes for a second, bringing her hands up to rub in her eyes.
+ tagtyrr
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 00:44

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr couldn’t understand why anyone would derive enjoyment from these political games. They had heavy, real-life stakes. The decisions that Freyja made did not only affect her, but also the rest of her family. He couldn’t help but wonder whether she had even considered taking them into account too. Tyrr tried to understand where she was coming from, but he couldn’t make sense of why she had chosen to do this. He shook his head. “Lord Freyr cares for his own. He would have taken measures to help our house through hard times. These alliances in the south will drop you at the slightest signs of trouble,” he told her. If the borders closed, it didn’t matter which alliances she had tried to salvage. There would be nothing left. The only possibility would be to work together with House Freyr, but Tyrr couldn’t help but fear that that was a closed door after what Freyja had done.

death, too,

must be earned
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum