⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

After months of drought, dark clouds make their way to Avalance and rain starts pouring, and pouring, and pouring. People believe the Gods have finally answered their prayers.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The drought has ended and Avalance rejoiced the start of the rain. Yet when the rain didn't end and weather became worse and worse, the people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands..

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. Empty I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me.

on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 11:20
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
The walls had already started to close in around her. She felt the suffocating air leave her lungs, but inhaling left her lungs empty. Squeezing out more of her precious air with every breath. There was nothing left, nothing left of her.

She was home, closer to home than ever before, but her sister was far away from her and with that her protection. Now all she had was the words of a monster to keep her safe. Something that was not at all comforting for her. She would soon be married off to a man she barely knew. She would become a Freyr, shed her own family name and dissapear into the history of a house that was banished by a king for being too greedy. Yet that greed she felt in her own body. Some hunger inside of her, the want, the need to become more than she was born to be. Was that hunger always inside of her. Had that feeling, deep inside her soul always excisted. Or was it something created by her personal demon?

She stared around in the dark.Her mouth opened, taking in the icy air. Waiting for him. Knowing he was waiting for her too. She needed to know what he had done to her, what his little plans with her had done to her in the longrun. She had to be sure that she was still herself. That what he had done to her would never be permanent. That she was her. And not a beast like him. Even if, deep inside her heart, she knew that he had already poisoned her, to become exactly like him.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. 5QbQ8oG
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. Empty Re: I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me.

on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 20:18

Delaney

It did not crumble, which meant he reached the north. The frostbite did not pale his skin, nor did the cold froze his blood. Seasons were changing, winter was coming. He hardly put attention to it for he lived through them all. He wasn’t here to see the world change in another ice period, he was here to see the change in her.

He had been there the moment he caught word of it. Almost like he cared while all this was … was a possession. For years he had returned back to that one moment, for years she got to be the person to know him fully, the bad, the worse and never the good. And after all this time it hardly took looks to know her thoughts. They were always the same, that fire, that need to overpower him, to be better than him, to destroy him. Avanti had learned a lot about destroying the last couple of weeks and it would come to a surprise to her that he wasn’t there to fight her.

Delaney was waiting for him like she knew he would be there at this exact moment. He slowly approached her from the back, stopping aside her before he looked aside to her. ‘Delaney.’ He greeted her quietly, turning his eyes to look at Cear Scion. ‘So it's true.’ He whispered, turning his body towards her. He pulled that slick smile on lips. ‘Asking myself who I need to threaten now to keep you in line.’ He followed. Normally he would say that with some kind of creepy humor, the Avanti way. But now he just sounded serious, neutral as he searched her eyes, tilting his head, almost begging her for the right kind of explanation. Of course, he hated it idea that she was going to marry, a Freyr of all people.

You got no strings on me

&  

You don't seem to realize ... I'll get you in the e n d
I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me. Empty Re: I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me.

on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 13:50
All her life had she known the fear of the night. Her mothers whispers to not leave the safety of their house when the stars shone in the nightsky. Whispers of beasts and creatures that could not see the daylight. She had been a child once, thinking these worries only jokes and threats to keep her inside. But one time she put on her brave little shoes and went out, her life changed. The night swallowed her whole and left nothing behind. She wondered, staring out into that now familiair dark, wat would have become of her, if the king of the night himself, had not set it's vile teeth into her wretched skin.

He had been there all the time, she had never been alone. Even in the years that passed without direct contact she knew his eyes would follow her. So it was no suprise to her to hear his voice, soft as a rumbling thunder in the distance. Dark as thick smoke rolling in over the pearly snow. "It is true." She spoke. No greetings were nessesary. Nothing was between them. She knew his heart, he knew hers. They were opposites yet exactly the same. He had made her the same.. And now he would show her a way out of this darkness. This slumbering monster inside her soul. "I wonder, would you be so bold, to cross the threshold of the Freyr estate. In your need for me?" She asked softly the cool stone wall that she leaned her hand against holding her steady while she found her courage in the words she spoke. "Or is this the end of you and me. Avanti?"

Jenn

Character Sheet
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 19:56

Delaney

It was true. He wasn’t looking at her and she wasn’t looking at him. They knew exactly what they would find if they looked. His eyes were locked on her new home, a home away from home and he knew he had to change everything if he still wanted her. Her sister wouldn’t be enough, not anymore. That little sane part of him wanted to let her go, to find another soul to torture the way he had tortured her mind. But she was a life project, he invested so much and he was on the brink of finding out how well he did. He lowered his dark eyes before he looked aside at Delaney. Not all monsters are made the way he was. Some were slowly created, formed like clay pottery, watered with callous memories and mixed with cruel claws. Ruined by the ones that made them. She wasn’t a monster, but deep down there was something lurking and that was why he never would be able to let her go.

She would tell her future husband lies, wrapping up her believes in a little cocoon where they couldn’t find it. She would never be able to be her true self, not around them. How heartless and cold the north could be, he was worse and she was a flower ready to bloom in the darkness of those walls. When she spoke his eyes slowly looked back to the castle. He wanted to laugh, press her so-called hopes down in the mud underneath their feet. But a part of him stayed calm … to calm.

‘I’m here to strip lungs of their breath,’ his empty eyes turned back to her. Waiting for her to look at him only so she could see the full impact of what he was telling her. ‘to destroy pretty little things and burn them to the ground.’ He sounded so at ease, whispering almost as he shook his head. ‘Not even a Freyr can hold me back.’ He followed. He smiled, a meaningful almost kind one. But she should know, the calmer he was, the worse he got. ‘I can’t let you go, you were made to be mine and you know it.’ He signed, turning to her as he crouched down, looking up at her. ‘I will set you free, until then you need me.’ His pale fingers grabbed her wrist, feeling the heartbeat underneath her skin. He looked at it before he took focus and looked back at her. ‘But I’m willing to grant you one wish, see it as a wedding gift.’ He stretched his fingers over her skin before he oh so slowly pulled back. It was up to her to decide what she wished for, but she knew … deep down, that every wish would have a downside. So she better choose carefully. Wanting too much could easily be her end.

You got no strings on me

&  
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:54
She stared at him, a heartbeat thrumming in her throat as she watched the man she knew as a monster. A man only the darkness could bear. He was the monster hiding under her bed. The creature eyeing her from her closet and yet, here he was in real life. In full glory you could say. Or just as demented and dark as ever.

She held herself tall, the slabs of stones forcing her to keep stable as she watched him. "I know what can hold you back." She spoke softly, digging her nails into the stone staring at the man. "Made to be yours? My dear, I do believe you already have your precious Ayana." She hissed narrowing her eyes as she watched him. Taking in every smirk every smile. Every movement. He was a predator but she was no longer prey. "What freedom do you mean to show me." She hissed, hating the interest slowly burning in her chest as her hand left the wall. Stepping a small step towards him. Her body forced her to move towards him. Something inside her calling out to the man a part she hated. A part he made of her. It wasn't her, it wasn't who she was supposed to be. She was a warrior and not his plaything.. "What wish." She whispered her breath holding in her throat. Staring at the man. Fearing yet strangely.. excited?

Jenn

Character Sheet
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:46

Delaney

She wasn’t afraid anymore … yet she was terrified of what he could do. But she knew she would live to see another day. And that forced her in a position where she spoke up to him, knowing the worst thing he could do was bite her right there on the spot. But that wasn’t punishment anymore, it was only a mark that she would remember for the rest of her life. Yet, she didn’t realize how close Avanti was to that cliff. Undying tend to go full length if they were in the last stage, that cliff was just that and Avanti was lingering one step away from it. She would die, all she cared about would. But she didn’t see that, not while she looked at him, not while she thought back on everything they ever shared. And yet she spoke, knowing exactly what could destroy him altogether.

He stared back, feeling the itch of a burn mark on his arm. Where he should treat her he now did nothing. He just looked, ignoring the fact that the only person on earth able to destroy him was sitting right before him. To top that she spoke the name that valued to be his biggest weakness, Ayana. ‘Ayana.’ He repeated that so softly. He hadn’t seen her for quite a while, all busy with their own things. ‘Be careful Delaney, I wasn’t here to teach you.’ He warned her calmly. He was calm, to calm. He was here to see what has become of her, to maybe set her free. But every step she took closer he wanted her to be his all over again. If she knew how close she was to her freedom she wouldn’t be saying these things. He smiled on that certain anger that tone held. He witnessed her steps, closing into him until there wasn’t much distance anymore. ‘You feel like you are struggling another version of yourself, isn’t it?’ He asked her softly, studying her pale face. How he would love to shred that to pieces. ‘It’s keeping you awake at night. You see things, don’t you?’ He lifted his hand, pushing away a piece of her clothes to reveal his marks. She wouldn’t be able to hide that from her future husband, certainly not if they did it the way it was always done, with a wedding night. He looked at it, hearing her voice his dark empty eyes slowly went back to the beauty she holds. ‘Whatever you desire.’ He answered. One wish, it was all she could get. She could ask him to leave her alone, he would but others would pay the price. She could ask him to protect her future children, but then they would also swallow in the darkness he created. She could ask for anything, it was hers. That was his gift. ‘I can give you everything and at the same time nothing at all. So pick wisely.’ He advised her, pushing up that smile he always tended to give her. She knew there was no escaping him and yet, he loved to see the hope in the depths of her mind.

You got no strings on me

&  
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 21:28
What did this man know. What did he hide from her. She narrowed her eyes, watching his dark hair being pulled up by the wind. His scent, so familiar, overpowering her with the same strange sensation that twisted inside of her. She stared at the man as he spoke, his words warnings, prophecies of dangers that she could reach if she just stretched out her hand to him. Her mouth tasted dry, a lump in her throat. Was this one of those crossing points. A simple decision that would make her life end up differently from what she had always believed it would be. She didn’t know. But she knew that whatever it was, Avanti would gain from it. Avanti would always gain from it.

So she held her head up and stared at the man. His hand pushing her protective layer of clothes away, watching his own markings on her body. Making her feel naked and vulnerable. She gritted her teeth, letting his fingers linger where they wanted as she stared him in the eye. ”What I see is nothing you would want me to see.” She hissed though the words felt hollow as they left her lips. Doubting that they were true. He wanted her to be in this state, this way she was weak, this way he could control her. Normally she was stronger, more steadfast in her own beliefs but right now, with the wedding, with Apollo, she was weak and small. She didn’t know what to do and the words of the purple eyed devil made her knees buckle. Made her want to take his hand and step over the edge. All to get away from her future in the daylight.

”I desire to be free.”

The whispered words were out before she could check herself back in. Staring wide eyed at Avanti. ”No castle walls can keep me trapped, no windows to prevent me from taking flight.” She reached out her hand to him, touching his fingertips with her own. ”I earned that freedom. I am not born for the future they are giving me. I am born for more, so much more.” She hissed, her eyes darkening a tiny bit as she stared at him. Desire for the truth in her own words. Desire for the freedom that would so soon be taken from her, or perhaps had never been her own in the first place.

Jenn

Character Sheet
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 22:32

Delaney

She knew … she narrowed her eyes and he so faintly provided her with a weak smile. He wasn’t one of many secrets, not around her but this one he needed to keep. He needed to hide her defaults and turn them into her biggest strength. He was eager in molding her the way that not only would benefit him but also herself. She probably didn’t realize he was helping her, that she did become a certain weakness to him too. He let her be the person she was, yet his words always seemed to pour through her mind, forming her to the person he wanted her to be. In the end, she would thank him because he was the source of her strength, he was the one that made her how she was now, a woman on the verge of finding true power.

As he gazed down to the marks she had on her throat he didn’t feel the slightest threat that this would point back to him. Delaney had his back, if she didn’t she would regret it. His eyes searched back for her as she spoke and he let go of her skin, pulling back his hand. ‘What you see is merely a reflexion of what the world has to offer you, of what you can become.’ He ignored the tone in which she spoke as he studied her face. ‘There is nothing in the darkness that scares you, Delaney.’ He motivated his earlier words. She just needed to let it in, she just needed to let him in on her dreams and desires. He didn’t even sound like a monster at the moment, he sounded like somebody that committed to her, that wanted to help her. And even when darkness was calling her over he knew that the only person she would step into the darkness with was right in front of her. So he had no fear that she would deny it, he just needed to be patient.

Delaney desired to be free. For just a slim second he thought he lost her, that her one wish was to get rid of him. But as she went on the only thing she wanted to get rid of were the walls and the glass window, the arms that would hold her down and the voice that would keep her quiet. His eyes lowered, looking at how her fingertips connected with his. His cold touch was reveling as she stroke her fingers so little, looking back to the fire in her eyes as she went on. ‘Than let me tear those walls down,’ his voice was faint, hardly a whisper as he broke the slight touch between their fingertips as he raised his hand, resting it so tenderly around her cheek. ‘Don’t let them cage you, you are so much more than a trapped and wounded bird.’ His voice copied her anger as his eyes darkened. It was like her motivations were his fuel as he smiled, a tender yet dark and empty smile. ‘Let me support you in getting more, let me guide the dreams that are haunting you at night.’ His words were almost honey, slick, believable and steady. Yet they both know if she was willing to fully trust him she would regret it on one point in her life. But he was here, at her side, for already so long and there was nothing that stayed longer than him, for that there was nobody she trusted more than him … if she could only realize that.
/p>

You got no strings on me

&  
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 23:31
Breathin was uneasy in the precense of monsters, it had been something she had noticed quite a while ago. As if her own system wanted to shut down, take her out of the field of view from that thing. But though her breath scraped in her throat she kept standing. Leaning towards him even as he spoke. Hanging on his words as if they were the last lifeline to an sinking boat. But then again, she was on a sinking ship right now. The ship that carried all she had ever known her whole life.

She was standing at that crossroad of her life. One part wondering if she could step along with the monster she had feared so much, if he was her destiny, if he was her purpose.. The other tugging her back towards the safety of the castle. Hiding behind it's walls. Living.. maybe even loving her new family.. There was no third option, her life before had been pushed behind a thick forest. The Glade would never be her home again. This was were she would find her end. Either as a lady or as a monster..

She watched Avanti, his words sounding so true, yet she knew him to be a snake, she knew him to be a devil with a pretty face. When had she ever been able to trust him? So how could she now. "And let you cage me instead?" she whispered, darkening her words with each one that left her lips. Digging her nails into the inside of her own hands. "Why would you be willing to help me. All you ever have done is torture me?" She scoffed staring him into the eye, unafraid. "What do you want to do with me Avanti. Say it, out loud." She dared him, her voice barely more than a whisper, watching the monster in front of her. Seeing him clear once more for what he was, the desire for following him ebbing away once more. Her common sense thankfully returning in time.

Jenn

Character Sheet
Avanti Morningstar
Avanti Morningstar
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 08 Feb 2020, 22:39

Delaney

When he thought he had her she diverted her mind the other direction. She would be surprised that the reason for him coming here was to let go of her in certain ways. But she changed his mind like she did so many times before. Every time he thought he was bored with the sight of her she found a way to get his interest back. He gave her the change, the one wish and she didn’t take it. Instead, she asked for another kind of freedom and that just told him how close on the edge she was, one she wasn’t planning on jumping down from.

Delaney asked if he would be the one to cage her instead and he clenched his jaws, looking at her as he took a shallow breath. ‘I never caged you, not physically.’ He answered her seriously. Avanti was not known for the torture. If he wanted to limp her like that he would ask Achilles to pay a visit. But he never did, aside from that one scar in her neck there would be nothing else suggesting she even came in contact with him. He lifted his hand, tapping his finger against the side of his head. ‘What you feel up there is entirely to you. But I don’t call in caging you. It’s more pushing out the one thing I knew was hidden there all along.’ He followed with a short smile. She must start to worry his calmness, he was almost too friendly, to serious … maybe he was full of the masks he was wearing.

Her anger, even if she was whispering was fulling him again. Yet it didn’t crack that serene expression on his face. He stepped back, giving her space to breathe as he looked away towards the caste. House Freyr, her new home. ‘Our deal relies on your secrets and blood in return for the safety of your sister and yourself. I would always help you,’ his words died as he looked at her over his shoulder. ‘Always. But you never needed it.’ He continued. Maybe she would now, maybe this castle would make her realize the things he had prepper her for all her life. He looked back to the castle, shaking his head as she asked what he would do to her. He turned back around, pushing his hands away behind his back. He smiled, that empty unsafe smile that would scare any soul away. ‘I gave you one wish and you didn’t ask for me to leave you alone.’ He ignored her question. ‘That just said it all. I want to do nothing with you because I already did it.’ He walked back to her, placing his finger against the side of her head. ‘In here there is chaos and you will need help controlling it.’ He lowered his hand and looked to the castle again. He signed, realizing he probably wouldn’t be around that long to see that chaos form a true identity in her. Maybe it would take months, years … he didn’t have years, not with his current state of mind. One way or the other it would be his work and he would help and protect that until there was something or somebody able to burn him to the ground.
/p>

You got no strings on me

&  
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum