⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Hunter for a hunter X10
Nathalie

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Gilbert Winchester
Gilbert Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Hunter for a hunter Empty Hunter for a hunter

on Thu 3 Oct 2019 - 1:32

Gilbert ▲
Oh how his life has changed. How everything has changed. How he wishes every night for it to be back to normal. For Ser Olf Jornsen to complain and demand. For his brother trying to motivate him. For Gerard to be a mortal traveller, instead of the monster he truly is. If that was the case, Gilbert might have been the poor stubborn youn man he was supposed to be, or maybe he would have found the motivation and have been a knight after all. Or maybe he would have trained to become a hunter.

As restless and anxious as he'd become he was walking through the forest. Watching his surroundings with wide, hungy eyes. He hated in when he started to crave blood. He hated to kill humans. Gilbert climbed a tree, using his slender, agile limbs to get to a safe spot. There he sat waiting for movement. First he spotted the deer, then, not much later, he spotted a man with bow and arrow and neat hunters gear made of leather. Gilbert Winchester waited, and slowly moved back to the tree trunk, sliding down the branch he had been sitting down and lastly jumping down to the ground. The deer started to run and the man cursed under his breath and turned around to look at where the sound had come from. Gilbert hid in the bushes. He watched the man who got closer and closer, watching his steps carefully. The hunter was probably hoping for another animal he might catch. It wasn't his lucky day. Gilbert watched the man, feeling the hunger for blood growing stronger and stronger by each step the man took. All the guilt and shame Gilbert usually felt was gone and replaced by the instinct to kill.
At the very last moment Gilbert jumped out of the bush and took the man by surprise. Het grabbed him and pushed him against the tree. The man screamed angrily. "Whatya think you doing?" The man asked with a voice filled with rage and surprise. "You the one who scar..." "Shut up," Gilbert hissed pushing his hand against the forehead of the man to make the neck accessible. The man started to struggle against him. "You crazy bastard!" He screeched while Gilbert took a hold of him. Before the man could say anything else Gilbert bit him and started to drink his blood. He drank and drank until there was no drop left in his mortal body.

As Gilbert let go of the body he watched it fall to the ground with a thud. He leaned toward the body and with his hand he closed the eyes of the man. "I'm sorry... I cannot lose myself..." Gilbert said with a shuddering voice. Immediately he was struck by guilt and fear and so he started to return to his cottage.

His cottage. Was he ever going to return to Cear Scion? His true home?

Hunter for a hunter Tumblr_pgloth8BpO1wmmfrbo1_540
Hunter for a hunter SULpNx9
Raven

Character Sheet
Alexios Atremis
Alexios Atremis
Avalance Citizen

Hunter for a hunter Empty Re: Hunter for a hunter

on Thu 3 Oct 2019 - 22:22

I fell in love with their darkest parts
It never took the boy long to find something interesting. Something like.. a cottage. Alexios knew there was a cottage in the woods, from who? He didn’t knew. But there is something, with cottages in the woods. They are not from the common people, the normal ones that don’t want to be killed. Also the cottage is different than any normal hunter cottage. There is a different atmosphere. A few nights long Alexios stand watch near the cottage to see why it was so special.

Like he already thought, the cottage wasn’t from a normal hunter, it was from a hunter like himself. An undying.. Alexios knew he could better turn is back and leave the undying alone. Also with his own history, most undying didn’t like him.. If they knew what he did.. Some wants to kill him, others don’t know but heard that Alexios did bad things to their kind.. His kind.  
So yea, he could better turn his back and leave. But we can all say that Alexios wasn’t one of the smart ones. He felt pity for undyings, he knew this wasn’t what they were promised, even if they got what they was promised. The boy knew, this wasn’t something you want out of free will.
When the hunter left his little home to feed, Alexios could almost feel his hunger like it was his own. He himself took a little look inside. He broke the door lock and gave himself a warm welcome into the cottage.

There wasn’t much to find, than just some normal stuff people use. Alexios almost regretted that he even broke in. Just some coins he could use and other different stuff he could sell for little money. But nothing like really special. The last part of the cottage he searches in, was a bookshelf. Again nothing really special, just some old books.. Just some old books. Like really old books. One was bind in some leather with gold on it. Why would you leave such a book in such a place? Alexios couldn’t do anything with it. It wouldn’t sell on the market unless you’ve got a guy for it.
He decided to go, just as he walks to the entrance he sees the undying coming back from his hunt.
"So soon already." Alexios said with a sight. He couldn’t talk himself out of it, so he just had to be prepared for the worst.

TAG: Gilbert

Some like beautiful, perfect and pretty, I see the good in the bad and the ugly. I got a demon in my soul and a voice in my head It's saying GO! GO! GO! I can sleep when I'm dead. Screaming "Hallelujah Motherfucker take me to church"
By Kíli

Hunter for a hunter Hwrm1K5
Hunter for a hunter X10
Nathalie

Character Sheet
Gilbert Winchester
Gilbert Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 4 Oct 2019 - 1:37

Gilbert ▲
He hurried away from the body, looked over his shoulder a couple of times. No, of course the man wouldn't come back to life and return to his family. Would the hunter have had a family? Oh, how his children would cry for his return and how his wife would pray to the gods. Gilbert remembered the death of his own parents and the pain the loss had caused. How many times would he have done the same to other children? To other families? With his head low and the weird overwhelming feeling of just having fed in his body, he returned hastily to his cottage.

But there was something off about his cottage and just when he was about to open his door, there was someone standing right inside the opening. He halted, took one step back and immediately took a defensive stance, ready to defend himself. The other boy's words did not immediately get through to him, but when they did, Gilbert frowned. "Why are you... you in my cottage?" Gilbert asked the boy warily. And then he noticed that the boy was an undying himself. Gilbert had never met another one, aside from Gregor. "Wait. You're an undying... like me?" Gilbert then asked. Gilbert took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. If he would still have a beating heart, his heart would be thundering like crazy right now. But he hadn't, so it didn't. Gregor had told him that drinking blood would give you the best feeling on earth, better than any mushroom and any plant could give you, whatever that meant. Yes, drinking blood made you feel awesome, but for Gilbert it ended as soon as the last drop of blood was consumed.

Raven

Character Sheet
Alexios Atremis
Alexios Atremis
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 4 Oct 2019 - 9:59

You could say it was a stupid mistake from Alexios to break into someone’s home. A mistake he made everyday again. He was thief, nothing more and nothing less. He didn’t kill for money, because that would be unfair to other mercenary’s who really had to work for the kill. He stole goods to trade on the market or to sell in the undergrounds.. His undergrounds. Alexios was crowned as King of the Thieves. A title he didn’t want to have, because that kind of title would start rumors. And Alexios didn’t like rumors. But back again in the cottage.

Normally he would be gone before the owner would be back.. but know he took more time into the cottage. Did he wanted to meet the owner? Alexios wasn’t a person that liked to meet others. Especially undying. But when he met the boy in the doorway there was something off. First of course the boys reaction, not even a mortal would react this easy when a burglar is in his home. Even if it is was an undying.
”I am an undying.” Alexios said carefully. He flexed his body, knowing that the boy in front of him could attack any moment. ”I picked up your smell a few weeks ago.” Alexios continued carefully.

He stepped away from the doorway to make room. Maybe it wasn’t a smart move to go back further inside the home of the undying. Alexios didn’t knew anything about the boy. ”I wanted to know who you are.” He said looking back at the stuff inside the cottage. He glanced at the bookshelf once more, he had left the leather book with gold on the same spot. Although it was obvious that it was removed if you knew your home.

”I’m sorry I never got your name.. your good at hiding who you are.” Alexios said while he leans back against the wooden table. One thing he learned from past years of traveling around the world. Always look comfortable in the position where you are.

Some like beautiful, perfect and pretty, I see the good in the bad and the ugly. I got a demon in my soul and a voice in my head It's saying GO! GO! GO! I can sleep when I'm dead. Screaming "Hallelujah Motherfucker take me to church"
By Kíli

Hunter for a hunter X10
Nathalie

Character Sheet
Gilbert Winchester
Gilbert Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 4 Oct 2019 - 17:13

Gilbert ▲
It didn't occur to Gilbert how weak he seemed to be. But he was afraid, he was always afraid. The fear was like hands around his neck, pulling him constantly under. It was suffocating. But then there was also the will to defend himself when needed. He wouldn't be too easy, he would at least try to make it all something worth. Maybe it was stupid and impulsive to ask the boy the way he had asked if he was an undying... like him. But he had done it an way. It was a question, but he had already known. And so the boy confirmed that he was undying. The words that came next caused him to frown. "You have been... spying on me?" Yes, it was a simple question and there was no anger or envy in it whatsoever. But he was scared. What did this other undying want with him?

The boy stepped back into his house, freeing the doorway for Gilbert himself. Gilbert simply just got into the house, not caring about the fact that this boy had probably stolen from him. Or trying to steal. There wasn't really something to steal anyway. He had managed to calm himself down. The adrenaline from killing that man had left his undead body. Gilbert closed the door behind him and surveyed the other one. He remained alert, but curiosity had prevailed. The boy told him that he wanted to know who he was. Gilbert at this point chuckled a bit. "Yeah and I would like to know who you are," he replied simply. Gilbert caught the boy eyeing his bookshelves and that's how he noticed how one of his books was standing differently. "You interested in that book?" Gilbert asked the boy. "I cannot read anyway," he continued. And Gilbert wasn't ashamed of it. Of course, he sometimes wondered if he would have learned how to read if he had only obeyed Ser Olf Jornsen.

Gilbert took a seat, crossing his legs while he started fidgeting at a loose thread from his chair. At the next question Gilbert snorted. "That for someone who didn't even try. I guess I don't have to show who I am, out here in the woods, living in this wreckage of a cottage," Gilbert said bitterly. "But my name is Gilbert Winchester, Gilbert Duncan Winchester for if you wanted the detail,s" he told the boy. "And you? Who are you? And, if I may ask, for how long have you been undying?" Gilbert had truly become curious. He still had a lot to learn.

Raven

Character Sheet
Alexios Atremis
Alexios Atremis
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 5 Oct 2019 - 23:49

Was Alexios spying on the boy? Technically he was.. but not spying like the boy probably meant. Alexios was spying because he wanted to know who lived in a home like this. Not because there was something wrong with the boy or interesting. Alexios decided not to really answer on the question, mostly because he didn’t know how to anwser the question.
”I do things for a living most people don’t understand. We do what we need to do, to survive. I think you know what I’m talking about.” Alexios knew that every undying would at some point do things in his live what he would regret later in live.

Alexios took place against the table. The boy saw that he was looking at the bookshelf. ”You can’t?” He was surprised that the boy couldn’t read. The book had really took his attention, but still he couldn’t sell unless someone wanted it. He didn’t want it for himself, he didn’t need it. Alexios frowned and looked away. The weather outside was cold. It was normal for this time of the year. The boy took place in front of him, he sat down and Alexios could look down at him. He laughed soft when he spoke.

”How old are you, Gilbert?” Alexios asked. He looked at his face, he couldn’t be that old for an undying. Sometimes Alexios forgot that he walked this earth for almost 400 years. He didn’t look like a man of almost 400 because his body looked like a boy from 21. He died at 21.. If you can call it dying. Alexios shook his head, he taught himself how to read and live in this world as an undying.

”Do you have a master boy?” Alexios asked. ”I mean, someone who helps you learn how to be like this. Walk the earth like an undying.” Alexios almost felt sorry for the boy. ”Sorry where are my manners, my name is Alexios Atremis.” He always said his name with a little hesitation. Sometimes he didn’t knew who he could trust, especially when they are undying. ”I’m walking this earth for almost 400 years now.” his voice was filled with sorrow.

By Kíli

Hunter for a hunter X10
Nathalie

Character Sheet
Gilbert Winchester
Gilbert Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 6 Oct 2019 - 21:22

Gilbert ▲
What was so special about him? Special enough to spy on him? Gilbert was no lord, he was not an important person. Sure, he was a runaway Winchester. He was the younger brother of the Lord Commander, Alec Winchester. But that didn't make him anything significant. Nevertheless, Gilbert was nothing more than some lost fugitive boy. People may even consider him to be dead.

Next, he found out that the boy who had been spying on him, was undying, like himself. All the missing pieces got together. The boy, standing in his household, explained that he did things for a living that most people wouldn't understand. "So, you're a thief?" Gilbert assumed foolishly. He didn't think about the consequences at random.

As the boy walked back into his cottage, Gilbert followed, shutting the door behind him. The other one took place at his table, gazing at his bookshelves. Well, the books had always been there. This cottage had nog belonged to Gilbert at first. Gilbert had just taken it. He offered the boy, the book that had been removed. He could have it since Gilbert couldn't read anyway. "No, I cannot read, never really paid attention to my lessons," Gilbert answered. Gilbert had always been too distracted to focus, or he would just refuse to attend his lessons. It seemed like the other one wasn't going to take the book.

As Gilbert took a seat, he responded to the other's comment. The boy laughed softly. Yes, Gilbert had not even been trying to hide his identity. He just never had to show his identity, in these past two years. And then Gilbert answered the question of who he was. On which he asked for the same in return.

"I'm 25. I got cursed when I was 23 years old." That made Gilbert undying for two years. Then the other one asked him if he had a master, after which he elaborated what he meant with that. "No. I ran away from the man who cursed me, Gregor," Gilbert told the other one. Then the other one finally introduced himself as Alexios Atremis. He had been walking this earth for almost 400 years now. "That's... a long time..." Replied Gilbert anxiously. He shifted from sides. "How..." Gilbert didn't know what to say, he was stunned by his words.

Raven

Character Sheet
Alexios Atremis
Alexios Atremis
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 7 Oct 2019 - 14:26

Alexios rolled his eyes and laughed after Gilbert accused him of being a thief. You could say that the explanation already gave away that Alexios stole things for a living. He wasn’t proud of what he did, but it was easy money. Most Undying couldn’t find jobs because nobody trusted them and if they where trusted, they worked as slaves. Not everyone, but most weren’t welcome to the big cities or villages. So Alexios did his work underground, as a thief. It gave him enough coin to live a living, but Alexios was a creature of death, he didn’t deserve the life of a living.
”I like the term ‘smart seller’ more, but yeah I’m a common thief.” Alexios said with a smile on his face. He never used the term ‘smart seller’ but knowing each other on first name bases, he felt the room to make a joke.

”You should pay attention to reading.” Alexios said with a serious tone in his voice. When he became undying he couldn’t read either, but it helped him so much more in life. He knew how to trick people who couldn’t read, but could also prick through the bullshit well read people where telling him. ”You have plenty of time to learn how to read, once you know how to read, you will never unlearn it again. It will make your life so much easier.” Alexios spoke with experience. ”I can teach you, if you want.” he suggested without thinking.

”Just by surviving.” Answered Alexios the ‘how..´ of Gilbert. It shocked him that Gilbert was so young and had ran away from his Master. He envied the courage the boy had. More than Alexios ever had when he was young. He just did what him was told. ”You are living here by yourself then?” Alexios asked. He looked around through the cottage again. He stood up from the table and walked around, took a random book from the shelf and flipped through it.
”It’s pretty dangerous for such a young undying to live in a place like this. Don’t you want to have home with others?” Alexios understood as no other why living with other undyings could be horrible. But he wanted to give the boy some advice, some safety. Maybe because he recognized himself in the boy. Just wandering, hoping someday it will be better.

By Kíli

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum