⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Just friends - Page 3 Tumblr_oo269xw1I01vk78n2o4_400
Not Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Transmutational Alchemy
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

Just friends - Page 3 Empty Re: Just friends

on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 22:03
Sitting here with him, she knew that her friendship with him was way more important than anything else. There was no way she could get herself to ruin that by giving in to that silly feeling inside of her, even if it was eating her alive. She smiled at him when he joked, shaking her head. “Of course,” she started, “arranging this all wasn’t hard work at all.” With a simple wink, she made clear that she was joking. It had been some work to arrange tonight, but it would all be worth it. Because she finally had him to herself and they would spend a night like they used to. Just them. That was all she needed. “So how’s the new job holding up?” she asked, in an effort to sound casual about him being a Lord now. She didn’t care much, but it had been his father’s death that had brought him here.

Just friends - Page 3 X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 17:49
T
imes spent with Cirina was never time wasted. She always knew to say the right words and cheer him up, or make him laugh or inspire him, maybe even convince him to do certain things. In the end, she was one of the people he could always lean on and he would never not be grateful for that. He laughed at her comment, before the laugh faded with her nest question. ''It's tough, not going to lie. Everyone wants something from you, always. At any moment of time.'' He fiddled a bit with his bread, avoiding her gaze. ''I don't feel like I can manage.'' Rhy admitted with a sigh, feeling like a failure for saying that. His sister would probably do a whole better job than him. She always knew what to do.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 01:26
It saddened her to see how Rhysand was eaten up by a task he had never been able to choose. He was born into it, unlike herself. Cirina was raised an easy way. While she wasn’t rich, her family had enough money to eat. They could live. And there was no pressure on her shoulders, no one telling her what she needed to do. She loved her birds and because of that, she had decided to join the family business. Not because she had to. Because she wanted to.
You’ll manage,” she softly told Rhysand. “You’re amazing. I’m sure no one can do a better job than you,” she then admitted, taking a bite of her bread and looking down. How she missed her friend. But what could she do? He had more important things on his mind now.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:14
S
ome days he just wanted to be a little boy again. No responsibilities, no one to look at you and whisper behind your back about the shady circumstances your father passed with, feel a little free. That was all in the past now, Rhysand had done it to himself and he had calculated every step so very wrong. It made him more miserable than he already was.

The Lord let out a very deep sigh, looking away from Cirina and giving her a small nod when she spoke her words of courage. Looking up again, he let the silence linger a little too long before speaking. ‘’Carmilla can, probably.’’ But Rhy didn’t sound so confident about that. It had been her plan that had gotten him here and he wasn’t mad or angry or disappointed at her. He was scared, scared for everything else his sister was capable of.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 08 Nov 2019, 00:20
Even the mention of his sister alone was enough to make her lose her appetite. A soft sigh was audible as she shook her head. “Carmilla?” she echoed, tasting the name on her lips. She didn’t like her. In all honesty, she probably never had. There was something about the girl that just seemed… off. It was like Rhysand inherited the good and Carmilla, well, she had not.

I doubt it,” she concluded. “You were made for this. Not her,” she ensured her friend. It was sad to think about. Because if it had not been for his role as Lord, would they have been in the position they were in today? If he had been just a boy, would he have been able to love her back? Who knew. “It’s a bit sad though,” she admitted, though she kept that smile on her face. “I was thinking of traveling for a bit. I guess it keeps you from adventures like those.” It did sadden her truly. She wanted him to be there for her. Not for his people and certainly not for his sister. Just her.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 15:47
H
e was supposedly made for this. He was destined to become a Lord and lead other people to greatness. Currently he was leading himself to his own grave. He twirled the bread in his hand, unable to look up to her. Because everytime he did he felt that little glimmer of hope, that everything could still be alright, that somehow his problems could be reversed. But even he realized that that was not ever happening.

Travelling. How long had that been for him? He'd been stuck in Aeldun for years now and he'd never gotten futher than the Glade. How beautiful would it be to see the warmer sides of Avalance? And it would only get better if she was by his side. ''Where'd you want to go?'' Maybe this wasn't out of reach yet, maybe there was a chance for them to be together if only it were brief, like now.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 19:30
To go on an adventure with Rhysand was a stupid dream that only stupid little girls dared to have. Forever would he hold her heart, with this stupid crush that didn’t want to go away. She had tried everything within her power to get rid of the aching feeling when she thought of him, but nothing seemed to help. But she couldn’t stay away either - couldn’t bear losing her friend.

I want to go south,” she told him. “We could… just take our horses and go. See what the road brings, you know?” she asked, speaking a bit softer. “To see the mountains and the green forests… The flowerbeds, and even the beach…” Her eyes started to shimmer in excitement as she spoke of it, forgetting to use ‘I’ instead of ‘we’. She just wished it could have been something they could experience together.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:19
H
e'd always seen himself as confident, someone who would do anything to get what he wanted. Some called it arrogance, some called it ambition, Rhysand felt like he was dangling between the two. Because where would he draw the line if he'd already gotten so deep? He killed his father to get what he wanted and in the process, damaged everything around him. And now his life was depending on someone who could not be trusted and who knew too much. But without her, he was even less than nothing.

The young man listened carefully, switching between looking at her and back at the bread in his hands. Her words sounded like a fairy tale, something he could not imagine himself. But he smiled politely, not wanting to break the fantasy. Because there was no 'we' in this story, no matter how badly he wanted it. ''That sounds like a wonderful getaway.'' He said, knowing that his obligations now layed here, in Aeldun and the Highlands. And unless he was to pass his title to his sister, there was nowhere else to go. And he wasn't about to do that. ''Then why don't you go?'' He then asked, ignoring the 'we'-aspect. Rhy wouldn't want to hold her back, he would support her through and through, no matter the decision.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:58
Oh, how much she would wish for things to be different. Upon every falling star she would, yet reality would never change. Rhysand told her that it sounded like a wonderful getaway, asking her why she didn’t go. For a moment, she bit her lip, playing it between her teeth as she searched for an answer. “I just,” she started, looking down at what remained of her bread. How could she say this without… A soft sigh sounded.

Maybe I should,” she finally said, a light shrug of her shoulders. Maybe that was the way things were going to be now. Perhaps she should follow her guts, head into the unknown alone. Maybe she would find herself a future far away from here, a new version of herself that even she would not recognize. “Maybe I will.” Far away from everything - far away from him. Was that the future she needed to embrace for true happiness? Maybe it was.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 23:04
A
nd just like that, the awkward silence rose again. Was it something he said? Or something that both didn't even dare to say? Were they prisoners of their own unspoken words or were they simply too cowardice to speak their mind. Rhy didn't even want to think about it that way, he rather let the words hang unspoken in the air, as it would only complicate things.

He smiled at her, shy and uncertain. Because he wanted to go with her, he just knew he couldn't and he didn't want to get her hopes up. ''You'll bring back a souvenir, right?'' His smile changed into a grin as he tried to lighten up the conversation. ''You'll go further than I've ever gone.'' He grew up in the cold and the cold was in his bones andi t would never leave. Perhaps one day, when his remains were laid to rest, that he could forgive himself for what he'd done.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 23:15
She would go further than he had ever gone, Rhysand told her. Cirina nodded, putting a soft smile on her face. “Who knows what I’ll find,” she told him, as the smile on her face grew. “I will take Maple with me and just… go,” she went on, staring up at the stars as she could see this plan unfold in front of her. “Follow the ocean all the way down, across the beaches and between the trees,” she dreamt softly, before looking at him again. Her smile sweetened as she shook her head softly. “I just wish-

And then she heard it.

What was that?” she asked, standing up and dropping the piece of bread off her lap as she turned around, seeing something near the horses. “Is someone…” Was someone trying to steal their horses? “No!” she yelled. If only the light had reached far enough for her to truly see what approached their horses, she would not have rushed that way.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 23:20
A
s she pondered and mapped out the route in her head, Rhysand just stared at her. He couldn't help it, there was a certain attraction to her that he couldn't let go of, no matter what got in his path. Even in the months that they hadn't spoken, his thoughts had went to her. And even in this moment, she was everywhere.

The growl came to his surprise, he'd been too busy being captured by her that he hadn't seen the beast approaching the horses. Only when Cirina was already running that way, did his adrenaline finally kick in. ''Cirina, wait!'' He screamed as he rose up, drew his sword and ran her way. But she was already much further and his vitality was no longer what it was supposed to be. There was a certain panic he felt, the same he felt when he'd held his dying father in his arms. The panic that told him that everything that could go wrong, would go wrong. And he was all to blame.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 23:32
There were always better ideas than rushing towards the danger. In the heat of the moment, however, the best decision was rarely made and Cirina found herself rushing to what she thought was a stranger. If her eyes had been a bit better, perhaps she would have been able to make out the creature in the dark. Perhaps she would have acted better. But, it was too late now.

Because only when she stood in front of it, did she see what she had approached. She gasped, looking at the horses, before looking at the creature again, feeling how she froze from head to toe. No muscle in her body seemed to respond as she told it to move. Instead, she stood there, feeling how the air was slapped out of her lungs as their eyes met. In front of her stood a monster, his claws shimmering in the light of the moon. And all she could do was close her eyes, hoping the Gods would have some kind of mercy on her.

But they didn’t.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:16
A
s if things couldn't even turn out more horrible. The mind did strange things in the face of danger and for a moment he could feel his legs freeze as he watched the monster rise up. Why was everything out to get him and make everything as shitty as possible? In a short moment, Rhy knew that a sword would not do the trick.

In a few seconds he'd gotten a burning log from the fire, the heat scorching his hands as he ran back, waving the burning wood in front of him in hopes of scaring the beast away. ''Go away!'' He yelled, panic woven through his tone as he slashed at the beast, hoping that it would do enough. And in his blind panic, he slashed one of the reins of the horses, the animal immediately running off in panic. The bear, not very happy with the way he was being treated, turned around and decided to go for an easier prey. Rhysand dropped the log and his sword, catching Cirina in his arms, trying to assess the damage. ''Fuck. Why'd you do that? Don't do that. I don't want to lose you too.'' He felt his eyes watering, his panic dying down as he shot up as many prayers as he could.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:43
It all happened in the blink of an eye. Pain shot through her body as she opened her eyes, pressing her hands on her chest. When she pulled her hands away, she could see the blood shimmer in the light. She didn’t speak, didn’t scream. All she could do was stand there, right as she could feel the earth pull her down.

But right as she was about to hit the floor, she felt his arms around her. She couldn’t look at him, only staring at her hands covered in blood, knowing there was so much more. Her head was feeling light and she could feel her conscience drift away, his words faintly audible in the background. “I’m sorry,” she whispered back. “I…” But she never finished the sentence, only staring at her hands as she slowly sunk more into his embrace, allowing herself to close her eyes. She just needed to sleep… “I’m tired…” she whispered. She could sleep it off, though her heart pounding in her chest would disagree.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:50
L
iterally nothing in his life seemed to go right, as if the Gods were already taking revenge on everything he'd done. But he wanted to scream at them, on their thrones in the sky, why they had to hurt her, why her and not him? He deserved it, but not Cirina. She didn't deserve any of it.

He felt her slump against him, he could almost feel her heart pounding through him, or maybe it was his own. His hands brushed over the wound ,ever so faintly, but as soon as he pulled back his fingers were glinstering with her blood. ''Fuck.'' He mumbled again, trying to make sense of the situation. ''Stay with me, please.'' He begged, his voice choking as he tried to get them both on the remaining horse. ''Please.. don't go.'' It was a faint whisper, as he carefully but tightly pulled her against him, putting his coat around her to make sure she would stay warm. He kicked the horse in its side and prayed once more that the Gods would have mercy.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 13:00
The pain seemed to vanish and she forgot all about it, instead leaning into Rhysand. Her heart was pounding in her chest, in an effort of pumping around the amount of blood still left in her body. Her skin was cold, as if the outside temperature was finally reaching underneath her clothes. Her pulse was getting weaker and she wasn’t too sure about what had happened anymore, the events nothing but a blur. She just let it all happen.

She didn’t even notice being put on the horse, instead looking up at him with the lightest smile on her face. Her skin was almost as pale as his now, white underneath the light of the moon, as she pressed her face into the warmth and closed her eyes. She only needed a little nap, that was all. So she let herself be pulled into a deep sleep.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum