⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Just friends Tumblr_oo269xw1I01vk78n2o4_400
Not Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Transmutational Alchemy
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

Just friends Empty Just friends

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 20:52
While life was not always kind, Cirina tried to make the most of it. Holding the white dove in her hands, she had made her way up the castle. Ever since they were children, she had requested Rhysand’s presence with a little bird. All it would hold, was a ribbon. The color of the ribbon would tell him where he could meet her. It had been a while since she had seen him and she was starting to miss her friend. A soft smile appeared on her lips as she let go of the dove, to see it disappear into a window. While Rhysand was the Lord now, able to go out whenever he liked, she didn’t want to let go of this little tradition. It was theirs.

Making her way through the city, she finally stopped at the stables. The color of the ribbon had been orange, which meant that she would be meeting him here. The stables were the stairways to adventure, after all. They could take a horse and ride off into the sunset. Or just decide to grab a drink somewhere. As long as she could spend some time with her friend, it all worked out.
&Rhysand 
Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Rhysand Corbin

Just friends Empty Re: Just friends

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:02
I
t was as if his body could only feel pain and tiresome these past days. Nothing seemed enjoyable anymore and all Rhysand really wanted was to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling until he could feel the first hints of sunlight creep through his window. Everything had been business the past month, everything was a mess and Rhysand felt completely abandoned. Not even his sister seemed to bat an eye. Until he saw the familiar sight a dove with a colorful ribbon.

Suddenly, his body had found the pieces of energy he had been missing today. He got up, wrapped himself in his coat and every protest that came his way when he announced he was headed to the stables. Maybe he didn't need rest, maybe he just needed to see her. Perhaps she could be a cure. Rhys wasn't as fast as he wanted to be, but eventually he made it. Where his face first had been grumpy, a broad smile replaced that all when he saw Cirina. ''I was already wondering who it could be.'' He spoke with some amusement, which followed with a cough. The chance of him ever getting fully better was small. But it didn't stop him from anything, especially not if it involved her.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:11
She had heard people talk about it. Rhysand wasn’t himself lately. The chirping of the little birds around the town, spoke in different volumes. One said he was sick, another spoke of insanity. One mentioned the death of his father as a cause, the other as a result. It was hard to put two and two together, so Cirina had let it slide. Instead, she had waited. Waited for her friend to find time again to see her. But he hadn’t. And so, she had reached out to him herself.

For a moment, she was too happy to see him to care about anything. She just smiled her widest smile as their eyes met. “My Lord Corbin,” she greeted him teasingly. “How wonderful that you have found the time to come and see this little peasant.” There would never be a day in her life where she would call him Lord without that tone in her voice.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:17
S
eeing her, it felt like the sun was shining a little brighter and the heavy clouds in his head lifted. But maybe it was just the fresh air. It had been a few days since he had gone outside, doctors advised him all kinds of things and they all seemed to contradict each other. Rhysand was just glad to be still alive.

For a moment he gained the stature of a Lord, giving her a look as if he saw her as unworthy but that quickly changed back into a warm smile again. ''Well, I do have to know if my people are living their best lives.'' He spoke a little cocky as he set a step closer and raised a brow. ''Well, are you?'' Because if she was not, he would do anything to make sure that she had everything at her disposal.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:23
But now, it all became a bit clearer. His cough had sounded all but good, though he could be having a simple cold. Cirina knew that it was none of her business. They were friends, nothing more. So she would just have to sit here and wait until he had time to hang. It wasn’t like she was entitled to his presence, or anything. Now that he was a Lord, he probably had a hell of a lot better things to do.

But that didn’t mean that she wasn’t going to try. Oh, no. If he had better things to do than what she had offered him, then she would up her game. So, she smiled again, those blue eyes flickering in amusement. “I will be as soon as we get the hell out of here,” she told him. “I’ve been in this city for too long. Let’s grab our horses, ride and camp out.” It was cold. But that had never stopped them before.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:27
T
here was a flicker of hesitation in his eyes when Cirina spoke of running off, to just grab the horses and see where they would end up. Could he just abandon everything and go back to the old times? Would his sickness allow him? The sudden threat of responsibility made him very aware of the silence hanging between them.

But why not? Rhysand had been locked up for days now, or at least it felt like it. Carmilla always had a sharp mind, she would know what to do in his absence. ''Why the hell not?'' He grinned, letting his worries go for once. He was young and there was more to life than just paperwork.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:32
He hesitated. There had been a time where he would have never done so. It hurt her, she knew. It was sad to see how they had once been parallel lines - while they were never truly together, they were always close. But now, she somehow felt like he was being pulled away. Was it his responsibilities, his sister, or perhaps someone else?

When he agreed, she felt all the more fueled up to make this worth his time. They were going out camping. While she told herself that she didn’t know why she had picked that activity - she knew. It would just be them, in the middle of nature, far away from the world. “Well, I happened to expect that you would say yes, so everything we need has been set up on the horses,” she told him sweetly. Of course, she had told the stableboy that it had been Rhysand’s orders. They believed her. They had seen the two together often enough.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:40
S
he had excepted him to agree and he had dutyfully done so, with all his heart. The thought of just getting away from here, finally escaping from all these brick walls and the eyes burning in his back, felt like a relief. Advisors could advice him to stay, but that was all they could do, advice. And Rhysand usually ignored advice.

The smile didn't disappear from his lips, it only got wider. She brought out the best in him and he hoped he did the same for her. But all he ever saw was her radiating energy, her smile, her blonde hair dancing in the wind. He only saw the best in her. ''I would almost think that it was you who is the Lord.. err... Lady here.'' He winked, walking over to his pale horse and giving it a few good pats before getting in the saddle. ''I suppose you got it all planned out then?'' Camping, how long would that have been? The last time he went he had been a child and all he could remember was the cold. This would be different. This time he had her on his side.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:49
Even as children, she had always pushed her little adventures upon him. He had seemed to enjoy her reckless need for adventure and so, they had stuck together for years. He knew her secrets and her wishes, knew who she truly was behind those moments of adventure. But one thing he did not know, one thing he could never know, was that he was on her mind first thing when she woke up. That she would have been his, if only he asked.

As long as you remember,” she winked right back at him, when he said that he almost thought that she was the Lady. She had never been a Lady. That life was simply not meant for her. She gave her grey mare a pat on the head, right before getting up in the saddle.
I have… plans,” she agreed, doubt in her voice. She was never one to carefully plan their expeditions. She had a vague idea of how things would work out. “But I know where to go!” she exclaimed. That she did.

Last edited by Cirina Raen on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:15; edited 1 time in total

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 21:57
L
ooking back, the last time he probably left Aeldun for a porper vacation or diplomatic mission had been.. three years ago. And that had been to Caer Scion. The city had impressed him but also made him jealous of the things he didn't have. But it also made him realize he never really had left the Highlands.

She had plans, like that didn't sound omnious. But Rhysand grinned, after all those years he trusted her blindly and completely. ''I do hope that plan of yours doesn't include freezing to death.'' He joked, eyeing one of the guards who had come up to them, probably to ask him what the fuck he thought he was doing. ''My sister will know what to do.'' He simply stated before looking back at Crinia again. ''Please, let's get out of here.'' He almost begged, holding back a coughing fit and putting his cloak better around him. He really hoped he wouldn't freeze to death.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:05
It was like the world around them knew what she didn’t. Her mother had always known. How she would come home and talk about their adventures with that smile on her face. Yet, she had never asked. There was just an understanding, where the woman had let her daughter be. She herself had never found love and she hoped that her daughter would. Yet, Cirina knew that things were simply not meant to be that way. All she could do was hope that the husband they would find her, would be kind.

I can always keep you warm,” she told him, that smile on her face as she spoke the words. It was almost funny, how there was a little truth in all her jokes. How she hoped that he would pick up on those little things, yet he never did. He spoke to his guard, after which she laughed. “Really? I thought your fancy guards were part of the deal now,” she said, in a tone as if she had hoped that they would join them. Soon enough, she laughed, to show her words had meant nothing. “Let’s go,” she told him, before encouraging her horse to start walking, leaving the city of Aeldun behind them.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:15
L
n some days, Cirina confused him. The way she talked, the way she laughed. There were things woven through that he couldn't decipher, as if they were hidden behind a locked door with too many slots to pick. He tried to understand, but it felt like he failed every time, just like he seemed to fail a lot of things lately.

Just like now, that smile on her face, that laugh. It meant something. But all he could do was stupidly grin back and feel a little color rise on his cheeks. ''Are we going to build a blanket fort? Just like the old days?'' He remembered when everything was fun and games, where there was innocent and no future where he would poison his own father to get what he wanted. Oh god, what had he done to get here. He coughed again, cursing himself in his head. ''I can give you one if you like them so much. They're just like lapdogs.'' Rhys shrugged, but he was very relieved that no guard decided to join them as they rode their horses onwards to the great unknown.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:22
Her words were like a bird as they flew over his head, leaving a feather that twirled down by him. She could see how he realized that there was a bird, but never truly got it in him to find it. Maybe he just never bothered to look, or maybe his mind was too busy elsewhere to see.

A blanket fort. Cirina could not help but laugh at the idea of it. “Heck, why not,” she told him. They could build a fort of everything they had with them, hidden inside their own little fort as nature crept around them. His coughs did not escape her, though she did not want to mention it. Not yet. Because doing so now, would leave the decision in her hands. As soon as they were gone from here, with home far behind them, she could ask. Because then he couldn’t turn back anymore, leaving her all alone again. “One? I was thinking two. The blond one is kind of cute,” she told him, an amused grin on her face. She didn’t really.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:28
O
utside of Aeldun was danger, wild animals and savages. There was no savory or civil person except for in Aeldun. Rhysand had been spoonfed that idea and he believed it, but Crinina always made him view the world a little differently. In a good way.

Finally on a horse again, finally feel a breeze going through his hair and finally he saw something else but bricks and dirty townroads and filthy people. He saw her. For a moment too long he stared at her, before focussing his eyes on the road again. ''The blonde one is an ass. Never leaves you alone. He does everything you ask though. I guess that's something.'' He shrugged, not really realizing how entitled he sounded. She probably had never had a servant, let alone someone doing something for her. Maybe he could do something for her, make things better, make her life easier. Something. But it frustrated him because he couldn't think of what she needed. All he could think of was that he needed her.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:38
Of course, Cirina had played around with boys in her life. It had never lasted long. She always found her way right back to where she was, seeing what he was and they weren’t. They never matched the picture perfect image she had created in her mind, which had been linked to the one friend who had been there all her life. Her mother had said that it was time to move on, but she hadn’t found a way to.

Rhysand’s words made her laugh again. It wasn’t as much what he said, but more the way he said it. “I’ve always liked dogs,” she told him amusedly. “I guess you can just find new ones if you don’t like your current guards.” It was a strange idea how he had people working for him - whose bread was earned simply by serving him. And just like that, he could decide they weren’t good enough. Because he was the Lord. “But I don’t think any of them could keep up with me anyhow,” she told him, after which she encouraged her horse to pick up the pace. They still had quite some traveling left, after all.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:46
O
o one but her could convince him to suddenly go on a camping trip. Not his sister, not one advisor, no one but her. She had that smile on her lips that could convince him within a second. There was nothing he wouldn't do for her. She had been at his side for so many years that he had lost count and it felt wrong to refuse her anything now. And he never wanted to refuse her anything.

Rhysand shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road. ''They serve me because there was nothing else to give them. I don't want to take their only livelyhood away. They are just doing what they're told.'' Carmilla would probably tell him it was weak to think like that, but Rhysand had already one death on his mind and he didn't want anything to do with any other. ''You go wherever you please, just like your birds.'' He grinned, letting it disappear slightly. ''I miss those days..'' His tone was a little softer as he ushered his horse to keep up. He looked at her, a little more serious. ''Thank you.'' After which Rhys quickly turned his gaze on the road again, not wanting his cheeks getting any redder.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:57
Through the eyes of the world, it was all clear as day. How his eyes lingered for a moment too long and how she smiled as soon as their eyes met. How she wrapped him around her finger, yet kept pulling, never having enough of him. But she didn’t know and he didn’t see, leaving the truth unspoken, a whisper that was carried away by the wind. Perhaps they ignored it on purpose, scared of what there was to lose.

And what does Carmilla think of that?” she asked, after he said that he didn’t want to fire his guards. She didn’t know his sister, yet she did not like her very much. To her, it seemed like Carmilla tried to pull strings on Rhysand. It saddened her to see that he was being held back by his own flesh and blood.
His next comment caused her to laugh. “My parents never knew how to raise a child, so they pretended I had wings,” she winked at him. Because of them, she had learned to fly. Her blue eyes found his again when he thanked her, laughing in amusement. “Don’t thank me yet,” she told him, giving her horse another nudge, going into a gallop. They wouldn’t keep that up for long, but for now it felt amazing to have the wind rush through her hair and nothing but freedom on the road ahead.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 23:04
H
is life had been filled with duty and cold stares, teachers who didn't care, a father who didn't even look over his shoulder to see his son grow up. Rhysand had always been utterly alone, but his sister had pulled him through it. And so had Cirina, more than he wanted to admit. More than once had she been a beacon in his dark night and because of her had he found his way home again.

Rhysand scoffed when she asked about Carmilla, though he didn't want to ridicule his sister. He wasn't himself without her. They were twins after all. ''Carmilla would probably think it's a weak to think like that. I probably shouldn't care about it.'' He said it with a shrug, not very comfortable with the subject. So he was relieved when she laughed again and how everything seemed perfect again. ''Should I be worried for us? Maybe I should have brought my army..'' He returned the joke, smiling at her and staring at how she suddenly was ahead of him, letting the wind play with her hair. A marvelous sight. Not longer after, he followed her example, riding past her with a wink. If she wanted a race, it was on.

Not Wap

Character Sheet
Cirina Raen
Cirina Raen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 23:12
It was probably for the best that she tried to stay away from Carmilla and his family. After all, she had no high blood. Her mother and father both had names unknown, families who had never truly made it. His father’s ancestors had started the bird keepery, but it had only grown big under their combined effort. Now, Cirina worked there too. And in her hands, perhaps it could truly become great. She just smiled when he told her that Carmilla would have thought it was weak, leaving the subject there.

And here I was, thinking you would be my knight in shining armor,” she told him. Wasn’t that how the stories went? He was supposed to be the knight to protect her when something went wrong. Not some dumb army or a guard. Where was the fun in that, after all? He encouraged his horse to go faster and she chuckled amusedly. She encouraged her horse to go faster too, though she did not think it could keep up with his. Nonetheless, they still had a little while to go before they had to get off the road and move North.

Just friends X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 23:20
H
he was of no royal blood and he had been instructed never to talk to her again. Had it stopped him? On the contrary, it had only motivated them more to bend the rules, break them even. He was the Lord's son, he could do whatever he pleased. Including murder apparently. And it had cost him almost everything.

The wind in his hair felt good. The air was more fresh here, there was no smell of rotten food or filthy people. It was just them and the road. He made sure that Cirina could get caught up with him before looking at her. ''I had really hoped you wouldn't say that 'cause it has been quite some time since I used a sword.'' It was another thing he liked about her, he could be honest when he was around her. Well, almost always. She probably wouldn't really like it if he just confessed a murder out of the blue.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum