⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Mischief managed T6CIt7K
-

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Kenna Reed
Kenna Reed
Avalance Citizen

Mischief managed Empty Mischief managed

on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 21:10
Kenna Reed
“I wish that I could say I am a light that never goes out
— but I flicker from time to time.”
One thing that fascinated Kenna the most about the northern parts of Avalance was the unforgiving landscape. The effort you had to take to get from one city towards another without being drowned in the icy streams of the river, crushed by large piles of ice or even eaten by a wolf. Travelling towards the northern parts of Avalance was definitely something different. And yet, she would not have it any other way. The landscape had captured her interest from the moment she set foot in the ice cold silklike snow. And when she closed her brown eyes she could recollect every moment of that memory. Every detail, and almost every snowdrop. Yet. she was not here for the snow or the ice cold winds that seemed to play with every strand of hair.

The lady came back to meet with a special person. A acquaintance to be precise. But on other days she would even call the girl her friend. It was not as if she had many of them. Not yet to say the least. That was why she treasured her relationship with the Northern girl very dearly. But then again, Kenna didn't came all the way up here to start any friendships. She had promised the girl to help her. 'Guide' her. Though she would never give herself as an example of good behaviour. On the contrary. Kenna had perhaps crossed every line and every rule her father and mother had once given her. Yet the lady had never lost her free spirit due to their boundaries. And in some ways she saw the same characteristics of her in the girl. She was a bold one as well. And definitely not someone to be taken lightly. Something she admired, but perhaps it was just the way these northerns are. Direct, strong and not to be toyed around with. Some then.

Most northerns were not very welcoming as well so she had experienced over the past few months. They were protective over their goods and belongings, and Kenna could not blame them. There were enough thief around these borders perhaps that was also one of the reasons why some of them grew so cold. She wondered. The village was small though so it didn't take long until she saw the house were she had dropped off Linnéa the last time.

Linnéa you there? Kenna asked with a slight question in her voice. Yet she remained wary. Though most of the villagers had seen her face a few times, newcomers were still not very welcome.

Her voice was questioning because she wouldn't be surprised if the girl was being her mischief self again. Which made her wonder what she would do all day. I brought you something from The Glade. as when a subtle smile appeared on her face. It was nothing much. Just a small trinket from the south to remind her that she had to visit The Glade one day. Perhaps with her familly, or alone. She was always welcome there.

+Linnéa

Mischief managed VGRkuE3
Butter

Character Sheet
Linnéa Lochlain
Linnéa Lochlain
Avalance Citizen

Mischief managed Empty Re: Mischief managed

on Mon 02 Sep 2019, 18:34
use your knowledge
and your heart
to stand up for those that can't stand, speak for those that can't speak, be a beacon of light for those whose lives have become dark.

Trust a young child her age to find some friends for distant lands. Linnéa had not searched for anyone to be a friend, as she was quite happy with her family and the people living in The Last Hearth. However one day she had met a young woman that piked her interest. She had been from the Glade and seemed to like the dark and cold lands of the north. The young girl had asked her plenty of questions about the Glade, a place that she would not go to on her own, besides that her father and mother were responsible people. They would not allow her to leave to some unknown place without the addition of some guards in the very least. Besides that she was still very young, at the age of six she was still an innocent child even though The Last Hearth was known to be harsh on people. Villagers did not look kindly on strangers, and as such it was an unusual experience for Kenna Reed to be welcomed with open arms by the youngest daughter of the Lord Lochlain himself.

Kenna was the only person that she had ever told about her dreams of flying through the skies on her own wings and hunting with the wolves. It was strange, she had never heard any of her family members talk about it and did not know what to make of it. The woman had explained her the truth, the gift of Spirit Walking. The young girl had yet to know that her own mother shared that gift and came to know herself and that form of magic by the knowledge of one special young lady. She might not have been more then an acquaintance, but for her she was like one of the few special friends that were not afraid of her father but still shared a calm and friendly appearance. She was in the truest of the words, a friend in the making. Kenna had promised to come by every now and then to help her, to guide her in the ways her own parents could not. The young child wished to make her parents proud and as such hoped to have the ability to control herself when the day would arise that she would tell them about her gift. Besides that she adored Kenna, a lot of her teachers were too old and too boring for her to listen to. She respected the young lady, even though she had not been raised this far north. Like a true northern, Kenna was bold and fair. Something that was to be appreciated in every human being alive. She was direct and strong, just like the young child if she had not been that insecure about her own gifts.

Most northeners would not welcome Kenna, unless they knew that she was to be a friend of the leading family. The Lochlain's were stern and strong, powerful and not a family toy around with. For it would have dire consequences, if one was stupid enough to anger her father, mother or brothers. The young child had decided to roam outside that day and as such she had noticed the appearance of a very familiar face. At first she had not moved from her position behind the wall of her home, until she had heard the friendly voice call out to her. 'Linnéa you there?' Kenna asked, with a slight question in her voice. She had remembered the house she had dropped the young child off after their last adventure. The small girl tried to surprise her new friend by sneaking up to her. Something that she had been trying to do to her eldest brother before, even though he seemed to notice her comming from miles away. ' I brought you something from The Glade.' A small look of wonder appeared upon the innocent face of a certain six year old before she grabbed the young woman by her soft and warm hand. 'Come inside?' She whispered, she did not want her good friend to hide any longer for her family. Especially since she had managed to grasp her attention with something she normally would call boring. Maybe her parents would allow Kenna to visit some more.

NOTES, none
TAGS, @Kenna Reed

Mischief managed POwCmeJ
Mischief managed T6CIt7K
-

Character Sheet
Kenna Reed
Kenna Reed
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 21:49
Kenna Reed
She could have known the girl was out for something mischievous when she sneaked up on her. And she startled, but as soon as the girl got in her eyesight a small grin appeared on her face. There you are. A subtle smile appeared on her lips when she saw the deer like eyes of the girl as kenna looked down on her. And when the small hand was folded around hers she followed the girl her lead. Nodding agreeing by her words. Almost immediately wondering if there were many outsiders who were welcomed this way. Were they actually welcomed or just chased away without any reason. Kenna knew how “over”protecting these northerners of their lands and family. and she could only agree with them. They had to stick together to stay alive in this environment. If not. Well, she would not know what would happen then. As she thought back the day she met Tuli. He also seemed to be from the north, yet he was all alone. Though she would not call it completely alone. He seemed to have enough with himself and his stories. Which she only loved to hear about. After all she was a dreamer, a wide eyed one.

But her ’task’ was not wondering what or how. She had other things to keep her mind occupied. Such as helping the girl with her spirit walking. Something she had been learning from a younger age as well. Her mother had actually thought her how to. And Kenna was glad sharing her knowledge.

It’s just a small trinket. nothing much, really as she refers back to the gift she brought.. But perhaps it would have greater meaning to her. After all there were not much people from the south who dared to travel all the way north. Especially not with the sharp wind and unknown landscape around. Kenna smiles again as she dug with her hand in her pockets. Only to pull a small dark brown bag out of it. She unfolded the bag, and opened it to show her what was inside. But, when I saw it. It instantly reminded me of you. If I remember correct you once told me you wanted to be able to fly someday. I believe you will. was her immediate reaction as she pulled out the small wooden carved statue opening her hand towards the girl. If it could even called a statue as it was rather small. It was carved into the shape of a falcon. Which must have taken hours due to the amount of detail and the size of the thing. So, maybe it will be more like a lucky charm. who knew what the girl would think of it. Who knew how wide her imagination would be. If she would refer it to herself she would keep it close. Perhaps it might be useful one day.

It was until then that she could see the house they were living in. Although she was not entirely sure if she could call it a house like she knew them. It was entirely different from her house in Sapphire keep. Lost of animal pets, no bricks at all, and in the center a large fire burning. She could already feel the heath on her fair skin as they stepped in closer. It is great to finally see in what place you are living. Her dark eyes gazed for any details in the environment but stopped at the girl her face again. How are you doing these days Linnéa? she asked after a short moment of silence.

+Linnéa

Mischief managed VGRkuE3
Butter

Character Sheet
Linnéa Lochlain
Linnéa Lochlain
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 18:39
use your knowledge
and your heart
to stand up for those that can't stand, speak for those that can't speak, be a beacon of light for those whose lives have become dark.

The woman startled slightly when she sneaked up on her. It was one of her specialties. Learning how to move towards someone silently to scare them out of their wits. It was quite fun, unless she did it towards the guards. However they might have learned a thing or two about the young lady. A child her age was still playful enough to be carefree, even though she did learn some about the dangers of the north. Her father made sure that she knew about the boundaries and limitations, which she tended to follow. She respected her parents and Connor, whom tended to protect her against the most harsh experiences. A six year old still remained in the safety of her home more often then not. "There you are.' A subtle smile appeared on her lips when she saw the kind deer like eyes of the youngster looking up to her. A small hand reached over before grabbing the larger one in hers and tugging her towards her home. It was time to make an introduction with her family.

Kenna had brought her something from her home, a trinklet but a gift none the less. It was not something that the girl was used to, mostly the people in the north tended for themselves. Especially in such a harsh enviroment gifts were not given lightly. It was something the girl knew as well, she was one her guard with most people, as she knew from history lessons that people used each other to hurt another or to come into better graces of the Lochlain family. Although she still was innocent as a child could be, she did not believe anyone would hurt her. Some might not have liked her father or mother, but they tended to smile kindly at her. She tended to see the best in people, although some might not be the best. Harsh lessons would be learned later in her life. 'It's just a small trinket.' The young woman explained patiently while grabbing a brown bag, she unfolded it to show what was inside. 'But, when I saw it. It instantly reminded me of you. If I remember correct you once told me you wanted to be able to fly someday. I believe you will.' People could not fly, it was something that was purely based upon physics. They had no wings to keep safely in the air, no muscles that could support them when they tried. If they even tried, maybe some people believed they could fly away and those hurt themselves badly; if they survived. However for people like Linnéa, the link with a bird could make them experience the freedom of birds. The small statue was of a falcon, and although it was not the biggest present that she had ever received, she liked it. It was a great gift, small but something that showed an understanding about her. 'So, maybe it will be more like a lucky charm.' She could use a lucky charm in this enviroment, luck kept people alive. Luck and good wits. The young child smiled tenderly before reaching over to take the small but detailed present, her hand closed around it while she whispered. 'Thank you, I like it.' Searching for a pocket to keep it in for now, the child moved her hand around her hip before leaving it safely tucked away.

It was then that Kenna could finally see the house. It was something that was different from other areas. It was a warm house in the cold of the enviroment, it was home. Even though some might think it was not that much. People tended to keep only the important things around. Although the girl had quite a big room for someone her age. The warmth of the hearth on the skin was pleasurable after being in the cold outside. 'It is great to finally see in what place you are living.' The child smiled kindly before nodding. 'It is home,' It was her home, not only a house that she lived in. She loved her family. Her parents were stern but nice to her, good for her. Even though they had to put up with her mischievious behavior from time to time. ' How are you doing these days Linnéa?' The slightly older woman asked. 'I fair well,' She mentioned softly, there was not much happening that she knew of, her parents protected her, for she would not be able to handle the blood and grime on this age.

NOTES, none
TAGS, @Kenna Reed

Mischief managed POwCmeJ
Mischief managed T6CIt7K
-

Character Sheet
Kenna Reed
Kenna Reed
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 31 Oct 2019, 21:45
Kenna Reed
Her lips formed into a smile when Linnéa accepted her small gift. Brought with her from her hometown in the Glade. It had been quite the journey, and although she had seen so many bigger trinkets to bring to the girl. She managed to stick around with the small carved object. Perhaps it would bring the girl luck in uncertain times. Which she figured that was quite needed in an environment like this. It was not that she did not loved it here, but the coldness of both nature and the people sometimes overwhelmed her. It was not like she was raised in such a warm environment, but she managed to see the differences either way.

Kenna followed Linnéa around as she showed her the house. It was definitely something she had not expected. Besides the cold outside, it was warm. Cosy even. But she doubted if she could ever describe it that way towards the girl. Well it definitely represents home. If you’d asked her. I wish I could show you mine as well. Maybe when she was older, but right now she did not dare to get up with a subject like that. After all she was from the Glade and alone. Which was quite the disadvantage. For another moment she watched the surroundings. Storing every detail in her mind as if she was afraid she might miss some. Who knew, maybe it would be her last time in The last Hearth. Or maybe not. But she managed to get her attention towards Linnéa when she started talking again. Glad to see you fair well. It was not a question if she was well protected here. As Kenna would never have doubted that. After all she had a few brothers lurking around, and parents who she doubted they would avoid anything dangerous.

But seeing her hometown was not the only reason she was here. After all she had a small task. Calling it a task was perhaps not the right word for it. But she did it either way. So, are you ready for some spirtitwalking this time? After all. She had promised to help her. And with helping her came practising. A lot. And if she had set her mind on a task she would not rest when she saw some progress.

Mischief managed VGRkuE3
Butter

Character Sheet
Linnéa Lochlain
Linnéa Lochlain
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 16:36
use your knowledge
and your heart

Kenna seemed to enjoy her upbeat reaction towards her presence as well as her gift. The young child rarely did show negative emotions, however one could read them of her face nontheless. Even if she had hidden it away through her actions and taken a responsible role upon herself for a six year old. The brown haired woman followed the young girl towards her home, it was more then just a house. It was home, it was where her family lived for generations. It was where she could hide away from the cold outside. Inside, people tended to feel however from the outside it was not always shown. Especially not this high up north. People had to learn to fend for themselves, otherwise the harsh enviroment would kill. It was make it or die. The young girl knew about the dangers of her hometown, however she was not afraid of them. Maybe because she was simply to small to understand the concept of dead or maybe because her parents made sure she was well protected. Whatever the reason, she was a condfident little girl.

'Well it definitely represents home.' The older woman reasoned, while she looked around the warmly colored house. The flames of the fire cast beautiful shadows, that made the room a hundred times lighter then without the hearth. 'I wish I could show you mine as well.''Glad to see you fair well.' The brunnete exclaimed, her voice soft and nice. It was mostly just getting the pleasantries out of the way. The young child knew it was a good idea to just talk about a few things, before they would start their adventures together. 'Was your journey a pleasant one?' The child eventually asked, her voice light and calm, strong for a six year old that was without a doubt still learning behavioural skills.

'So, are you ready for some spiritwalking this time?' The young adult asked her after which the small child nodded firmly. She was as ready as she could ever be. It was not a gift she tended to explore that often, mainly because it could be dangerous to let one's conciousness leave a body behind while there were a lot of dangers outside. Dangers that a small six year old could not defend herself against. Besides that she had learned to be alert at all times when she was on her own, making sure that she would be in sight of one of the guards in the very least and make sure that her parents and brother knew where she was at all times. It would not be the first time a child managed to get into trouble while roaming outside.

NOTES, none
TAGS, @Kenna Reed

Mischief managed POwCmeJ
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum