⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
This is Gospel X10
Krull
Aloysius Lefèvre
Aloysius Lefèvre
Avalance Citizen

This is Gospel Empty This is Gospel

on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 15:55

There are no monsters in the dark.

Shoulders were slumped down and eyes were directed at the ground while he made his way towards the room were Eleos should be. He had been looking over his shoulder the whole way to the ruins they called home, afraid the men he had met at the tavern might be following him. They had been drunk, and noisy and they had irritated him. Aloysius had just get mad when they kept pushing him against his shoulder. Maybe he should’ve just walked away. It was not like he had been drinking anything. Yes, walking away would’ve been better, but the man wasn’t good at making good decisions. Instead, he had snarled at them with his fangs exposed, one of the things that marked him as an undying.

And they had known that too.

Even in the foggy state their minds had been in, they had seen his teeth and they had been able to figure out what it meant. One of them had started shouting at him while another had tried to get a hold of him so he wouldn’t be able to get away. Unfortunately for them, he was stronger and faster and it had only taken him a second to get out of their grip. It had taken everything for him to walk to the door on a normal tempo. He didn’t want to give someone else a reason to believe what the men were shouting. They were drunk, who would believe drunk people?

Aloysius hadn’t dare to run away, not when people might still be looking. It was only later, when he had crossed the border of the cursed reach, that he had thought about the fact he might have led those people to his home. That it didn’t even matter anymore that he had walked towards there in a normal rate. Everyone who crossed the border and went into the cursed reach, was either mad or one of those undying. He hoped people would think the first, but after the shouts of those few men, their minds would probably jump to the second option.

”Do you think he would be mad?” The words were mumbled when he spotted the older man standing a few feet away from him. ’Yes.’ The answer came from the voice inside his head, the one that had started to talk when they had snatched him from the street and put him in a dark cell. ’I’m pretty sure he would kill you.’ Shut up was the only thing that left his lips in an answer while he moved forward. He knew it was almost impossible to kill an undying and yet the words from Les Malin made him nervous. Nervous enough that the first words that left his lips, probably didn’t make any sense for the man in front of him.

”I didn’t do it on purpose.”

Last edited by Aloysius Lefèvre on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:59; edited 1 time in total
This is Gospel NTcrODZv_o
Chuck

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Eleos Corveen
Eleos Corveen
Avalance Citizen

This is Gospel Empty Re: This is Gospel

on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:03

There were books everywhere. On shelves, the floor, many different piles on the desk. The whole room was a mess and it seemed impossible to find anything in it. Yet Eleos knew exactly where everything was. This has always been how he lived and many years ago it drove his mother crazy. Now there was no one to complain about his messy surroundings.

The man was sitting behind his desk with a book in front of him and a piece of paper beside it. He was taking notes that he thought were important. Even his handwriting was messy. Another person would have a hard time figuring out what was written down. If he wanted he could write beautiful, but not when he was going so fast. He didn’t care if it looked good or not.
He grabbed another book that was on his desk, opened it and placed it on top of the other one. This was a much older one and he needed to be careful otherwise it would fall apart.

All he wanted was to be left alone so he could work in silence. A fool’s dream. When he heard footsteps outside his room he knew that he was done for now. The door opened and Eleos closed his eyes while rubbing his nose bridge. “It never is,” he breathed softly to himself. This wasn’t the first time this man walked inside his room, trying to come up with an excuse why it wasn’t his fault, that he didn’t mean it or that he didn’t do it on purpose like this time.
Slowly he closed his book and pushed it away. “Close the door,” was all he had to say before getting up from his seat. He walked around his desk and leaned against his once he was standing in front of Aloy. Crossing his arms he looked directly at the younger man, waiting for a further explanation.

fear is temporary, love is slavery
This is Gospel X10
Krull
Aloysius Lefèvre
Aloysius Lefèvre
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 21:20

Even when the words were mumbled, they still reach him. Becoming an undying had sharpened his hearing, but sometimes he wished it wouldn’t have. Those words only made him more nervous. He knew very well it wasn’t the first time he did something wrong, something he shouldn’t have done. He had been safely locked up before he got drained completely, and now they couldn’t keep him in a dark room anymore.

Or he liked to believe they couldn’t, wouldn’t lock him up again.

Aloysius had been looking at the ground, but when Eleos ordered him to close the door, he looked up again. Blue eyes widened slightly when he realized what it actually meant. A closed door was never a good sign. Ever since they had grabbed him from the streets and had locked him up, he had a fear of closed doors. It meant there wasn’t an easy way out anymore and as soon as the door fell shut, he would feel trapped again.

And yet, despite all the thought going through his head, he obeyed Eleos. He wouldn’t dare to do anything different. ”I promise I didn’t do it on purpose. I shouldn’t have snarled at them, but they made me mad and I had to do something.” The man talked fast. The faster he talked, the faster it would be over. ”I don’t know if they followed me here. They were drunk, so I don’t think anyone believed them and I don’t think they were able to follow me.” And if they did, they would probably die soon. The words were left unsaid, but they both knew they were true. If they made it to the castle, they would be killed by the undying that lived here. If they managed to get here before the ones beyond saving got their claws on them.

”I didn’t mean to.”

Last edited by Aloysius Lefèvre on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:57; edited 1 time in total
Chuck

Character Sheet
Eleos Corveen
Eleos Corveen
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 23:43

You would think having eternal life was the best thing that someone could have. Not true. It was hard, especially when others saw you as a monster. And there were reasons people thought that. Aloysius was one of them. While Eleos tried to avoid any kind of conflict, there were those who couldn’t help it. Be it because their lack of control or simply because they enjoyed it. Either way, they ruined it for everyone.

The door was closed again, giving them some privacy. His door was always closed and that wouldn’t change now. He was listening and then frowning. “Is there a reason you need to do something when you get mad?” Spoken like a true physician. It was still in his blood. "And what did they do, that made you mad?"

Eleos gazed over his shoulder. Hopefully, they wouldn’t get far if they did follow Aloysius. There were enough dangers out there to keep them out. And if not, he had to take care if the problem. “Are any of them dead?” He looked at the young man again, hoping he hadn’t killed anyone.

“You already said that.” Eleos moved from his spot at the desk to the window. Pushing the curtains open and letting what little light the cursed reached had to offer inside. There was some movement out there but it was impossible to know what it was. “If they followed, the others will take care of them.” Meaning murdering and eating them. Maybe not in that exact order. Knowing what could happen to all of them if they weren’t careful scared him more than anything. He didn’t want to become a mindless monster. Dying, again, was better.

This is Gospel X10
Krull
Aloysius Lefèvre
Aloysius Lefèvre
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:56

The words the man in front of him spoke, make Aloysius go quiet. Was there a reason he needed to do something because he got mad? ”They wouldn’t have stopped poking me if I hadn’t gone mad.” An answer to the first question, and a half answer to the second. Now that he thought back on it, he had acted childish. He could’ve just walked away instead of showing his fangs first before he had done exactly that. ”They were drunk, and they wouldn’t leave me alone.” He almost felt ashamed he had reacted like that now that the question was asked. He could’ve gotten them all in danger. What if they actually had managed to convince a few people they were telling the truth and that they were on their way here with fire and weapons and whatever they could find in an attempt to kill an undying?

The answer to the next question came faster than the answer to the other had come. He hadn’t killed them. Aloysius had only once killed someone, and that was when he had to feed for the first time. He hadn’t let it come that far since that night, not even when the voice in his head was telling him he should kill people so he could show them he was better. ”No, I haven’t killed anyone. I just walked away and left them there.”

Of course. He didn’t kill them, but if they had really followed him, others probably would. Only the thought was enough to send a shiver down his spine and he clenched his fists at his side. He had been stupid and it probably wouldn’t be the last time something like this happened.

You should go back and kill them.

The man shook his head like he had done so many times in an attempt to keep the voice quiet. The voice that had kept him company for so long. It just kept echoing in his, telling him over and over again he should go back and finish the job. Aloysius grabbed the sides of his head and a groan left his lips. His knees buckled out from under him and with an audible tudd, his knees hit the floor beneath him. It seemed like the man hadn’t even noticed it while he started to rock back and forth, telling the voice over and over again to shut up.
Chuck

Character Sheet
Eleos Corveen
Eleos Corveen
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 12:25

Eleos was glad to hear there was a reason he’d lashed out like that and that it was not because he simply wanted to do so. “Hm,” was the only answer Aloysius got from him. Sometimes he felt as if he was talking to his own son again, only he wouldn’t get into trouble for the same thing this man did. He would steal candy or be mean to another child. Not attack someone. “And was that the only thing you could’ve done?” He understood it was annoying, especially if they were drunk.

For a moment he’d feared people had died, which would make this whole situation even worse than it already was. Yet, if he had to believe the man, no one got killed. “Good. At least that is something.” He made a mental note that he needed to visit that city soon and ask around. People knew they existed, but what would happen if they knew there was a place many gathered? They might even come and try to destroy the place. “You need to be more careful, understood?” Eleos wasn’t happy about this whole situation and it showed. He wanted to help him, but there was only so much.

Eleos was standing with his back turned to Aloysius and didn’t notice when he was acting strange, until t-it was too late. With a thud, the other ended up on the floor, hands still against his head. Eleos had turned around immediately. The boy wasn’t alright. Everyone who was around him often knew that. Eleos didn’t quite understand what was wrong exactly, and he believed even the man didn’t know it himself. “Aloysius?” he asked while pushing himself off the desk. “Are you alright?” Eleos crouched down next to him, trying to look him in the eye with no success. He placed a hand on his shoulder. “You need to tell me what is happening. Are it the voices again? Talk to me.”

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum