⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Unleashed by a meeting of fate Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Unleashed by a meeting of fate Empty Unleashed by a meeting of fate

on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 23:15
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
It had only taken them two days and one night to reach the city of Aeldun. The only thing they had to do was cross through the White Wood, an unreliable forest where you constantly had to watch your back. Freyja hadn’t left her castle in the north-east of the Highlands for quite some time. She had been busy with business, making deals with southern Lords and Ladies that would benefit her house. The animals they caught in the woods were their main income. They used the pelts for themselves or to sell, and the same with pretty much any other part of the animal such as the bones.
This time she hadn’t entered the forest to hunt but to visit another ruler. They had exchanged some letters and she had decided to visit his city. It was going to be unannounced, only to show him a signal. The words of her betrothed echoed in her head. She had to show them how much she was worth. And she would today. Freyja held onto the reigns of her white horse as they entered the city of Aeldun. She wondered how long it would take to get to Rhysand from here.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Unleashed by a meeting of fate X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Rhysand Corbin

Unleashed by a meeting of fate Empty Re: Unleashed by a meeting of fate

on Sat 20 Jul 2019, 11:50
M
orning had come earlier than he had wanted. Being ill and having a terrible sleeping schedule were two things no one really wanted to combine. But somehow, he did. The young Lord rubbed his eyes as he felt how hard it was to get up. Today only consisted of more talking, more listening and more talking. He had expected that the life of a Lord would be more thrilling than that. He was grateful for the warm fire already burning in the hearth as his skin felt as cold as ice.

Some moments later and he was well on his way to breakfast. The only thing now standing in his way was something entirely unexpected. The servant only had to speak a few words and the young Lord already felt his blood boil. ''That witch... is here?'' He spoke calmly, though his eyes did betrayed the anger he felt. ''Get her here, I want to meer her in the study.'' A few guards joined the servant as they moved outside, nicely following the orders Rhysand had just spat out. The lord moved towards the room with quick and angered steps. Getting up early was one thing, but getting up early and hearing that Lady Skarsgård was in town was a whole other thing.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 16:18
Sometimes it was fortunate that the city of Aeldun was so close to her castle. She didn’t have to travel for weeks through the snowy lands so she could speak to the man who angered her so deeply. Now they entered his city and she wondered how long it would take before he accepted to meet with her. Word would spread fast that the red-haired Lady was spotted with some of her tough guards. If anything were to happen to her, she had her family and betrothed who could come to look for her, of that she was sure. Besides, she wasn’t that harmless herself and she knew.  
Freyja felt the short fur of her horse underneath her slender fingers as some guards popped up, asking them to follow them to the castle. A faint smile appeared on her face as she straightened her back, looking at the place she would meet the new Lord Corbin today. Her red hair was braided and she was wearing a warm wolf fur over her shoulders. Once they got to the castle she easily got of her horse, waiting for her own guards before she agreed walking into the lion’s den.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 22:18
N
o, no, no! How dared she showing her face here. Rhysand knew very well why she was here. She was here because he crossed a line, because his ego couldn't handle that she had refused him. And now he was working himself into more and more trouble. These past weeks had been hectic and he seemed to only make it worse.

Rhysand leaned on the desk, his knuckles white and gritting his teeth. He hadn't expected her to come so soon. A guard eyed him, frowing but Rhysand dismissed his looks. He was the goddamn lord of this goddamn forsaken place and they would listen to him. Peasants and houses alike. And Freya above all. The young lord let himself fall into his chair, feeling his muscles already tirering. If he wasn't goddamn dying, he would probably already would have thrown her out of Aeldun by now.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 22:40
Freyja wanted nothing more than having this confrontation over with and return back to her own castle further north. She wanted to be with her betrothed again, not visiting the man who’s hand in marriage she had turned down. If he had been acting like this because of that, he was really a childish man, though she kind of knew he was already by how he had been in the letters that were sent to her.
With her head held high she and her own guards followed those of Lord Corbin through the halls of his castle. She eyed around, imaginaging how it would’ve been if she had come to live here. She couldn’t see herself live in a castle that wasn’t the one she had grown up in. The red-haired Lady was stopped in front of a room and one of his guards accompanied her in there, telling his Lord she was here. Freyja waited for a second before stepping into the room, her piercing blue eyes looking for Rhysand.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 22:52
H
e deeply exhaled a long breath and recollected himself. His ghostly pale skin luckily covered up the red in his face he had gotten from the frustration. He would be wise, he would no longer cross into her territory and they would go their seperate ways. How annoying and frustrating it was, it was the right choice to make.

The moment Freya walked in, he could feel his blood starting to boil again. But Rhysand kept a straight face and nodded. ''Lady Skarsgård.'' The young lord greeted her politely with a swift and light bow. He could feel how dizziness overtook him for a second when he lowered his head, but he managed to stable himself. ''Leave us.''Was his next command towards the servants. Two guards stayed behind at the door. You never knew. ''I hope your travels were safe. Please, sit.'' he formally invited her, eyeing the guards for a second before pulling his attention back to Freya, waiting for her to sit before he spoke again. ''Though I know why you are here, I would like to hear it from your mouth.'' His voice turned a little more cold now most of the people had left. His light blue eyes pierced into hers, challenging her.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 00:12
There had been peace between House Corbin and House Skarsgård. Ever since the new Lord Corbin had asked for her hand and she had refused it, clearly humiliating him by accepting the hand of a man without title instead of his, there had been little quarrels. Now he had gone too far and she was going to let him know she wasn’t one to be played with. Her house might only be a small one, they were still a house.
She calmly stepped into the room and let her blue eyes gaze over the light-haired man. ”Lord Corbin,” she said, nodding her head, slightly narrowing her eyes as she spotted him lowering his head, though she did not comment on it. Yet. She watched the servants as they were obeying their Lord and left. She only hummed at the few words about her travels and sat down. Once she sat down she heard him speak again. He was challenging her already. ”You know you have crossed the line, Rhysand,” she spoke in a serious tone, her back straight as her blue eyes were locked in his.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:05
F
ormalities neither really cared for. Simply just to stall time and poke at the other with a stick, to see how they would react. They were both young, in a position of power that should be handled by people with far more experience. At least, if we are speaking for Rhysand. The day that Freyja had declined his hand in marriage and instead had gone for a low commoner instead, was a day he could hardly forget. Maybe he should be happy or relieved that she had declined. Because apparently the cold had gone into her brain and made her senseless.

Rhysand raised a brow, his eyes locking with hers and not letting go any time soon. ''Perhaps.'' His first reply was, letting a silence settle in before continueing. ''But the White Woods have been Corbin-territory for decades now. My forefathers have granted you your land, but it can be just as easily taken away.'' Maybe if she asked nicely, he would give it back without any concern. Their part of the White Woods was bigger than that of the Skarsgårds and Rhysand knew they didn't really need their lands. When winter would come, they would survive with ease.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 12:30
Today she wasn’t going to be the polite Lady she was known for being. He had crossed the line and she was going to let him know she wasn’t agreeing with his childish behavior. He was endangering the peace between their houses and she highly doubted Lord Freyr would be glad to hear there were quarrels in the north. She remembered the words of her betrothed and she wanted to make him proud once she went back to her castle again. She wanted to be able to tell him she stood her ground, just like he had said she should do more often so the ruling men wouldn’t forget about her being there too.
Rhysand knew very well that House Skarsgård had always had a part of the White Woods for themselves and she scoffed at his words. ”Your forefathers agreed with mine that they would share, equally, and you cannot take away land that was never yours to begin with,” she sharply said as she slightly narrowed her piercing blue eyes. ”Our houses have been able to live in peace for decades, so you can explain to me now how that suddenly changed since you’re sitting in your fathers place.” In the years she had been head of her house, there hadn’t been any troubles, until Rhysand became Lord of House Corbin.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 14:29
R
hysand had nothing to justify the sudden invasion of her territory besides his own hurt pride. It was a really stupid move but he could probably get away with it if he just smiled and apologized. That was a lot harder to do now that Freyja was standing right before him.

''You're marrying him soon, right?'' Rhysand spoke calmly, leaning forward with his elbows on the desk standing between them. He didn't even speak her fiancé's name, being way too bitter about it. ''Unless you allow him to continue, your House will disappear. And with that, the territory.'' A little smirk tugged at his lips, as if he had already won. ''My guards were simply just scouting ahead.'' The young Lord let himself lean back into his chair again. Maybe if he wasn't so egotistical the whole time, he would have a lot less problems.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 13:02
Freyja calmly sat down in her chair as she looked at the other ruler. He didn’t look that good, to be honest, and she couldn’t help but wonder why. Perhaps the burden of leading a house had fallen heavy on his shoulders like it had done with her in the beginning. If he hadn’t caused all these troubles after she had refused his hand, she might have thought about helping him through it. Freyja was a kind woman but Rhysand had screwed up by invading her territory and writing unsettling letters. He would know that there wasn’t to be fooled around with her.
The red-haired lady cocked her eyebrow at his words. ”I indeed will be marrying him soon, yes.” She scoffed a little as he continued. ”It is clear you have little knowledge about ruling a house, Lord Corbin. You should know that House Skarsgård will always live on.” She calmly looked at him. ”Perhaps under a different name, yet our roots and territory will still be the same.” She felt the urge to wash that smirk from his face. ”Seeing you do what you do, I’m very glad I accepted the hand of a real man.” She’d rather die than marry someone else.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 21:24
H
e tried to be smart, he tried to be one step ahead. But somehow he was always one step or even more behind. It angered him in ways that he couldn’t put into words. Rhysand was a Lord, he had a responsibility and he had to take care of more than just his own life. His sisters life, the lives of the villagers and commoners living in and around Aeldun. And yes, in a way, the life of Freyja sitting before him.

The man bit his lip, suppressing his annoyance as once again, he was put into his place. When would it be his turn? When would people see what kind of wolf they had caged? Right now, he felt more like a feral dog, not being taken seriously, ready to be put down. Rhy let out a deep sigh, closed his eyes for a moment and regained his patience. He ignored the hit his pride had taken. It would be best if he wasn’t going to throw a tantrum right now. ‘’Why don’t we just put this entire bickering behind us.’’ He grumbled, sounding a little tired. ‘’I will pull my men back. We don’t speak about it no more.’’ There was no question hinted in his voice, it was more like a statement. One she couldn’t meddle with. Or, he hoped she wouldn’t meddle with.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 14:55
She had him right where she wanted him to be. His anger wouldn’t scare her away, not even if he tried, since she had encountered monsters far worse than a feral dog that barked at everybody while he had a tight leash around his neck. She had encountered the devil himself and knew how to handle him, in a certain way. Freyja eyed the man as he suddenly made a statement. That was not how she had planned this meeting to go. ”What changed your mind?” she asked him, narrowing her eyes. They had been writing letters and to stop all of this bullying she had to come all the way over to his castle to tell him in person, and now he was willing to pull his men back and not ever speak about it ever again. ”And besides that, how do I know that the minute I leave your grounds, you won’t order them to simply continue?” She wasn’t looking forward to leaving her home behind a second time. In a few months winter would reach and she wanted her house to be ready. There was a wedding that needed to be perfect, there were so many other things going on.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 18 Aug 2019, 20:50
H
e didn’t want his sister mad at him again. He didn’t want to feel her piercing eyes, staring at him disappointingly when he told her what stupid idea he had pulled off now. Only the whole idea had been one bad decision leading to another and it had only gotten him more into the mud he already was in. He could feel it getting to his chin, like he was choking on it. Being responsible for things and people far beyond his experience was tiresome.

Rhysand sighed, holding his head in his hands for a moment, massaging his temples. Of course this decision was a sudden one to her. ‘’Because truth be told, I was acting on jealousy and I had no right.’’ He spoke bitterly, dropping his hands on the desk and looking at Freyja. ‘’Satisfied with your answer, my Lady?’’ Admitting defeat had never been easy for the young Lord and it was even worse when he was doing it in front of a woman. ‘’Because I don’t want Lord Apollo standing at my front gates demanding my head.’’ He answered her question. No, Rhysand very much liked to keep his head. He hadn’t gone through this whole ordeal to get to this position only to lose it within weeks.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 18 Aug 2019, 22:24
There were so many places she would rather be than here, sitting in the office of a man she did not like in the slightest, whilst she could’ve been having some quality time with her future husband. He was robbing of her time by letting her come all the way over to his city to tell him what his place was and that his behavior had to stop right now. She would have to travel through the White Woods and risk her own life by doing so, all because he had been jealous.
This meeting had taken a strange turn and she wondered why he had suddenly changed his mind. The red-haired woman quietly looked at the man sitting on the other side of the desk. He looked tired, very tired, massaging his temples like that. A soft hum left her mouth as he spoke again, admitting he had been wrong by acting out on jealousy. ”Swear to me that your men will no longer bother my hunters,” she then said. She had already notified their High Lord on the whole matter, so he was a smart man to give in now. Freyja couldn’t help but not entirely believe him just yet, so only time would tell if he genuinely was going to stop being such a bully towards her and her family.
+ tagrhysand
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum