⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Rhysand Corbin

Wolves of winter Empty Wolves of winter

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 22:55

We are the wolves of winter,

We live in a kingdom of blood.

So many visitors lately. It tired him more than he would have wanted. But his body felt more like that of a eighty-year-old man than of someone who would be in the prime of his life. Every day it felt like he was withering away more and more. But it didn't stop his sister from telling him that he just needed to push through just a little longer. Like she hadn't just accidentally ingested some deadly poison. The young lord sighed, and then started to cough uncontrollably as he felt his lungs burn and blood in his mouth. He took a deep breath and moved forward. Things could change from this day on.

It hadn't been his idea to invite her, but to be fair, he had very little ideas on how to improve his condition. But he had written the letter on his sisters request and just hoped everything would go on fine from there. Truth be told, he knew very little of this Élise Deveaux, but he knew she was supposed to be good. Only time would tell. He had servants prepare a room, just like she requested. Large and empty of most things, freshly dusted and cleaned. What more could she ask for? He hadn't really enjoyed the tone in her letter, but he couldn't do much about it as he was not in an advantage for once.

Rhysand had just started on his lunch when a servant had told him of her arrival. A simple request, or demand really, to bring her to him in the dining hall was enough for the servant to scurry away. There was very little on his plate as there was very little his stomach could actually hold. The young lord had lost quite some weight in the weeks after the entire ordeal and looked more like a ghost than the strong young man he was supposed to be. But that didn't stop him from still acting like he owned the world. Maybe he didn't own it yet, but that would soon change. If he survived.

&Élise Deveaux

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Élise Deveaux

Wolves of winter Empty Re: Wolves of winter

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 23:17
When her services were requested beforehand, Élise held all the power. It was something that she did not give up easily, so she made demands beforehand. A clean room, for one. She had been in a situation before, where someone had thought it appropriate to let her stay in a tiny inn room that smelled like a horse stable. She had left that same day, though still claiming payment for her travels. Ever since that day, she had made clear that she did not come if there was no proper room readied.
On top of that, she did not accept gold as payment. Gold she had. Though not fortunes, she realized that alliances were more useful. Why buy a ship, if you could have a captain at your disposal? Simple maths, and all. In the end, it had always worked in her favor. And she did not want either party to be disappointed. Apollo had offered to pay her in coin and he too, had been refused.

It was a long trip, but one that might be worth it in the end. If the Lord of Aeldun requested an Alchemist, he must need something in particular. Otherwise he could have used one from his own town. Élise was aware of the rumors about the twins and their father. If they wanted to poison someone, they knew how. So this must be something else.

The brunette had entered the city and left her horse in the stables, before making way to the Lord’s home. A servant met her along the way and told her to wait, informing the lord of her arrival. It had not taken long before the servant came running back, telling her that she was allowed to enter the hall and meet with the Lord himself. Élise looked as well-cared for as she always did. She was clad in a white dress, with white furs over her shoulders to keep her warm in the cold North. Her brown hair fell down on her shoulders in a wave of perfect curls and a soft smile pulled at her lips. The servant stood beside her, as Élise took off the robe of furs and handed it to the servant. “Please make sure my belongings and cloak end up in the right place,” she told the servant. “I mentioned my name in the stables and left it there.” If someone had touched it, she would make sure their insides would turn to fire.

The alchemist entered the room she had been requested into and looked around for a second, though she focused her attention on the man soon enough. He was one of the twins, the one that ruled Aeldun now. Lord Corbin. He was younger than her and looked less experienced than Apollo. She had, however, no reason to underestimate him, so she bowed down respectfully. “My Lord,” she told him, before straightening her back again. She did not approach him, until he told her that it was alright to do so. It was his turn to speak now. Only he could tell her what she was here for.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 23:30

It didn't take long for the woman to enter and to get all the attention. Rhysand looked from over his cup of mulled wine and smiled slightly. He hadn't thought about how this woman would look, but she sure was beautiful. Her hair was too dark though, Carmilla would disapprove. She bowed and his smile widened. Good. At least she knew respect. Rhysand put his cup back on the table and nodded at her.

''Miss Deveaux. I am very glad you could make it so quickly.'' He spoke as he beckoned her closer. The lord sat up a little more straight, trying his best to not look like some sick, lost boy sitting in a chair that was five sizes too big for him. ''Please, join me. If you are hungry I can let my servants prepare a meal for you.'' He managed to prick some of the meat on his fork and swallow it, though he could feel it rise up in his throat almost immediately. He swallowed again and smiled at her. ''I hope your journey has been safe, the nights can be quite treacherous so I've heard.'' How long ago would it have been for him to set foot outside these walls? Months maybe, weeks if you counted the castle walls. The people of Aeldun had yet to see their new Lord in his full glory. If that ever came back.

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 23:55
As he beckoned, she nodded and started to make her way up to him. The way he repositioned himself did not go by unnoticed, but she did not mention it. Instead, she sat down as was asked of her. His words caused her to sit in silence, looking at him for a moment, before she looked at the food. “A kind gesture,” she acknowledged. “But forgive me if I will pass on that one,” she told him, a smile pulling one corner of her mouth up. She did not care to find out about the rumours of his family, by eating anything that was cooked by them or their servants. If they had something to do with their father’s death, it had to be poison, after all.

I grew up in the North,” she simply replied, when he said to hope that her journey had been safe. She did not appreciate the smalltalk, though she did know that it was only for show. He wanted something and she wondered what it was. So, she sat back a bit, tilting her head slightly to the right as she eyed him carefully. “What is it that I can do for you, Lord Corbin?” she asked him, straightforward as could be. This time, there was no need for her to gain his trust. This was not the same way things had worked as with Apollo. Rhysand wanted her help, so he was to prove that he was worth her time and effort.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 00:23

This woman reminded him of Carmilla, but she seemed.. warmer. But maybe it was just the haircolor, as his sister was just as ghostly-looking as him, only that was just natural. The Corbin's had always been pale with their white and ashblonde hair. It had been that way for generations now, it was almost concerning.

Rhysand nodded, though he furrowed his brow for just a second before reaching for his cup and drinking another sip. Something about this woman gave him a feeling that she knew more than he wanted her to know. Élise cut straight to the point, good. No awkward smalltalk, no fake smiles or fake politeness. Somehow that relaxed him a little bit. The lord cleared his throat before speaking, making sure that his voice sounded normal. ''I've fallen ill a few weeks back and it has only gotten worse, I'm afraid. These idiot physicians and doctors have no clue what it is.'' He gave himself some time to breathe, speaking was exhausting after all. ''We--.. I heard of your skill within the realms of Alchemy and I was hoping that you might know of something that could help. You will be rewared in return, of course.'' A faint but sly smile curled around his lips as he leaned back in his chair, waiting, hoping, for any sort of positive response.

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 00:49
Luckily, he did not get stuck in the endless smalltalk, but took her pace and moved on to the matters that had brought her here. Which was a good thing, because it meant that he allowed her to decide the pace of this conversation. She needed to be in control to reach what she wanted to get from this. Élise had learned to always watch for little things like that, even before she knew what the other wanted from her.

Rhysand explained the situation and Élise frowned deeply, her entire expression showing that she was thinking. He had fallen ill a few weeks ago. Had it not been a few weeks since his father had died? Curious. She closed her eyes, her arms folded over her chest as she sat there. It could have been four whole minutes, maybe even more. The silence was there as the woman took her sweet time to think about an answer.

You are telling me the full truth?” she asked, after what felt like an eternity, opening her eyes again as she did. “I have more potions than you can possibly count, even if you were to count for a week straight,” she told him. “But I can not find the right one, if I can’t set the right diagnosis.” For a moment she was quiet, before she resumed. “Do you know what caused your illness?

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 14:50

The woman sitting there in silence made him way more uncomfortable than it should. For a moment he started to wonder if she perhaps had fallen asleep, if he truly was this boring. But then she opened her eyes again and he wished that she had just stayed silent. Unfortunately for him, Élise kept asking questions and they were getting more annoying and harder to answer by the minute. Rhysand surpressed a groan and instead started to cough. It felt like his entire throat was burning and that his lungs were about to give out. But a good swig of his drink managed to calm things down. He sighed, leaning back in his chair again, feeling a lot more tired this time.

''By now you probably already heard the news of my fathers passing. And the cowardly act behind it.'' His voice was a little more uneven as he spoke. ''I happened to be with my father as he passed.. not very peacefully. There could be a possibility that I have come into contact with the poison my father was killed with, and that this is the result.'' His voice wavered. Was he actually caring about his father's passing? Maybe, he wasn't sure. Carmilla didn't seem bothered by it, but it kept him up at night. The poison had been way more violent than he had thought and seeing his father like that.. It had been harrowing. But Rhys had told the truth. Not a full truth, but truth enough. Enough for her to know.

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 22:56
Élise had learned that power in a conversation, often lies in the small things. It did not lie in who could scream the loudest, but who could take the lead. One of the ways to take lead, was being comfortable with silence. If she decided when they spoke, the conversation was going at her demand. The other would wait for her, which made them feel uncomfortable. It was simple, yet often unexplored by others. Rhysand seemed uncomfortable with the way their conversation went. It led her to believe that he had something to hide. He wanted her to help, yet he wanted this conversation to be over as soon as possible. Someone who had nothing to hide, would have acted differently. It was curious.

The uneven pitch in his voice as he spoke about his father’s death, could easily be conceived as a boy who mourned the death of his father. Yet, it caused her to tilt her head slightly to the side, wondering what it was that threw her off so much. He went on about the death of his father and seemed to immediately think that he had come in contact with the poison that had killed his father. A smile pulled at the corner of her mouth.

You seem awfully certain that you were not a target too,” she noted, eyeing the man as she raised a brow. Élise was not one to be held back by moralities, so she would help him, even if he had murdered his father as she started to suspect. Or at least, had more to do with it than they wanted their people to believe. What she did not do, however, was business with liars. If he refused to speak the truth, this all would be a waste of time. Though, he of course, did not know that this was her mindset and she would leave it up to him to figure out.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 23:15

The young Lord might lack experience in leadership, but he made it up with listening very carefully to everything around him. Sure, he might not be the social star of House Corbin, but he could listen and he could remember. His memory almost never failed him. So he paid attention and kept silent, letting Élise do the work.

He kept his stoic demeanor as he heard her speak again. Softly and slowly his finger ticked on the wood of the table. Though his annoyance or uncomfortable movements surely would have been noted by now, he didn't let her get to him. Or at least he tried. Carmilla would have done things a lot differently, but his sister wasn't here now and he had to do this on his own. ''My father never cared for us until the last moments of his life. Why would there be a reason to attack his son when there has been so little influence?''

Rhysand picked up his goblet again, letting the wine swirl for a bit. ''Why are you so interested in all of this, when the simple question is if you can heal this ailment?'' The lord sipped his wine and cocked his head a little to the side. Every second wasting away with this conversation was a second too much. His life was at stake here and he would feel a lot more compliant in answering her questions when the antidote was found.

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 23:28
There was no doubt in the situation. He had more to do with it than he was letting on. His answer only made this all the more clear, for he seemed so certain of it. Perhaps his father had never taught him the history of rulers. When they killed one, they did not just kill the man himself. They ripped out the family, root and stem, to ensure they would not fall to the same lead. The fact that Rhysand was sitting on the chair now, leading, knowing that the women who had poisoned his father would not have poisoned him, even though he was poisoned… It was just too much.

Then there was his impatience. His life was on the line and he knew it well. At this moment, he probably wished that he would have contacted any other alchemist instead of her. But, she was the one who fixed Apollo when he had fallen off his horse in Caer Scion. News had spread fast and she had gotten countless offers of people asking her to cure their ailments. She did not respond to them, until Rhysand had contacter her.

Listen, Lord Corbin,” she told him, standing up from her chair and walking up to him, placing her hand on the table and staring into his eyes. Invading the personal space of a Lord was not often a smart move, but he needed something from her and she was sick of his lies. “You can hide how much the poison hurts, but your body does not speak the same language as your mouth does,” she calmly explained. “I have experience with enough poisons and I will tell you that in a few more days, the damage might never be reversed.” There it was. For once, a full truth was spoken by the girl. Because the full truth worked in her favor for once. “I need the exact ingredients of the poison that was used on your father, so that I can create an antidote from scratch.

For a moment, she was quiet again.

So what did you use?

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 23:41

He truly wasn't a star in keeping things hidden, wasn't he? And here he had thought he had tried his best, that he truly had been careful with his words. And yet, this woman seemed to pierce right through it. It didn't matter if it was half truth, or something near the truth. She knew. It almost made him wonder if there were more than rumors on the streets. Where was his sister when he needed her?

Rhysand kept his posture, though he absolutely disliked the way Élise was acting right now, he could only agree that he would have done the same. The moment she got close to him, the guards drew their swords. But with a simple flick of his wrist, they withdrew. If she wanted him dead, she could just leave him right here, the poison would do its work.

Calmly he looked at her, not letting his nerves overtake him. ''Hm. Smart woman.'' He spoke softly with a smirk, before trying to hold a cough back. ''I'll provide you a list of the ingredients. Would that suffice?'' The Lord knew that this was no ideal situation, but if he would have had any other physcian in front of him who would believe him on every word, he would have been dead within days anyway.

BY MITZI
Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 14:01
She hoped that her words were quiet enough for the guards not to hear, as she had approached him. They seemed to not like her sudden approach, but he calmed them down so they would not attack. Not that it would have feared her. In desperacy, he would have told them to let her go. Because she could be his saviour. She could make sure that he would live. And that was worth a hit in the ego, especially for a boy his age. Perhaps, as he got used to being in charge, that would change. And then that ego would be the end of him.

He told her that she was smart and said that he would provide a list of ingredients. The brunette shook her head. “How about we go get them right now? It might take a day or two before we have everything and,” she took a step back, taking her chin between index finger and thumb as she eyed him, I don’t know how much longer you have until there is absolutely naught more that I can do.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sat 20 Jul 2019, 12:03
R
hysand didn't like not being the smartest person in the room. And right now, he felt like he was as smart as a snowflake falling down on a summer day. Somehow, this woman already prepared an answer before he spoke and somehow those answers were way better than his. The problem was, she was right. They had little time to spare and Rhysand knew that any minute ticking away was a minute closer to death.

The lord nodded. ''By now that list is probably already delivered to your room.'' He spoke calmly, sitting a little straighter. ''Which brings me to a question I feel I must ask.'' Before speaking he took another sip of his wine and let his blue eyes meet her hazel ones. ''What do you want in return?'' This was no act of charity or kindness and he was a little smarter than that summer day snowflake to remind himself this favor came with a cost. A cost he gladly wanted to know about.

Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 22:28
Power was where the mind thought it was. A lord would only have power if the people thought he did, otherwise the sword had more power. For what did a lord have, if not his guard? The mind was a powerful thing and Élise had dedicated her life to knowing how it worked. Its little quirks and secrets. It allowed her to get what her father had never been able to. To take their business to a whole new level.

‘What do you want in return?’

A simple question. A logical one, too. If played correctly in his stead, it could have turned the tables and put him in charge. It did not, however. There was naught he could offer her, to make her want it enough to accept. This was because he did not know her. While he had called for her, he had never bothered to learn who it was that he called upon. And even if he did; he would have had no luck. “What I want, Lord Corbin,” she spoke, brushing her hand through her hair as if they were having a casual conversation. “I want your loyalty for as long as your life is in my hands.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 22:41
R
hysand knew he had his back against the wall. He was either dead already or he was about to get his head in a deal that was not at all profitiable. The worst part was that he had to tell Carmilla what he had done and if Élise didn't kill him, she probably would.

He wished he could push the blame on his inexperience of being in the position of a Lord, but that had nothing to do with this. He had simply just been outsmarted. The young man frowned and looked worried, he had every right to be. ''My loyalty lies with Lord Apollo.'' He started, hoping that it would make any difference. ''But you worked me nicely into a corner, Miss Deveaux.'' A sigh left his lips and his eyes wandered for a second. They should have waited their turn, this entire plan had turned into one big mess. ''...I suppose I have no other choice, if I want to live.'' For a moment he seemed vulnerable, just a little boy who had no idea what he was doing. Who just wanted to live. But his face turned cold just as quickly as it had come.

Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 21:21
The moment he told her that his loyalties were with Apollo, she knew that he did not quite understand what he had gotten himself into. Because this was so much more than the feeble war the Lordlings were fighting. This loyalty she spoke of was so much more than being a soldier in an army. She wanted no warriors. She wanted everyone to become a puppet and she would be their puppeteer. Power lies where the mind think it lies, and everyone knew that the puppeteer held true power.

My loyalties lie with Apollo too,” she spoke. Not a lie. It would be Lord Apollo or Lady Zehirah. Which one of the two, was up to them to decide. “What I am asking of you is more than that. I want you to… tell me everything you hear,” she explained. “I want you to tell me who visits your city, who they are with. I want your guardsmen to answer to me when I ask them those questions.” A sly smile made its way onto her face as she spoke. By itself, information like that was worth nothing. But having eyes and ears absolutely everywhere, was a form of power that men could only dream to have. “You can keep your gold and your life in return. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 12:06
O
h what a fool he had been. But what did he value more right now? His life or loyalty? The question had an easy answer, but the consequences were unforseeable. Good luck explaining this to Lord Freyr when he would come around again.

The young Lord bit his lip, a form of anger and defeat forming in his eyes as he finally seemed to realise what he had gotten himself into. And he was supposed to lead Aeldun? To let it grow back into greatness? He couldn't even handle a conversation without getting himself into a huge mess. The silence between the two was cold as Rhysand tried to come up with a way to get himself out of here. But there was none. He would pay with his life if he disagreed now. And he had so much more to live for.

''On the condition that you will let me know when you are visiting..'' He hesitated, afraid to speak the words that would seal his fate. ''..I will agree.'' It was this or death and the choice was simple. The outcome was just a terrible one. And just like that, he had admitted defeat.

Wolves of winter Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 23:29
Rhysand agreed, though they both knew that there was not much choice in the matter. “But of course, my Lord,” she spoke, changing the pitch for the last two words. The mocking was clear as she did, but she knew that it was safe to do so. “I will send a raven whenever I head this way. After all, I need a room to be cleaned before I do.” Demands, demands and more demands. With Élise, they never stopped coming. Never was it something big; the quantity was just endless. She kept asking for small things, until you were drowned in promises, unable to take your eye of your work for even a second.

She gave the man a pat on the head, before turning away from him and raising her hand. “I will make way to my room and get writing, then,” she announced. It was time to write a recipe and make sure that the man would actually live, as this entire discussion would be a waste of time if he were to die. And she doubted his sister would be as easy to convince, or as easy to kill.

Wolves of winter X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 12:22
T
his woman had overstepped her boundaries. But they wre boundaries that no longer existed, not anymore after Rhysand had agreed to whatever scheme she was cooking up. He cursed himself in his head, over and over again. What would his sister think of his foolishness? He already dreaded seeing her tonight or whenever they would bump into each other again. It didn't matter how he twisted this story, it wouldn't be good.

The pat on the head made him even angrier and right now he looked more like an angry dog who was about to bite off her hand than a Lord of a city whose life was on the line. ''A servant shall be waiting outside for you, to show you to your chambers.'' He spoke with clenched teeth as he let out a silent breath. As soon as this was over he would make sure she would find a dagger between her ribs. Rhysand knew he couldn't, it was too far gone by this point. But he would get his revenge. Hopefully.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum