Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

Temperatures stopped rising, but have yet to lower as autumn arrives in Avalance. Precipitation is still rare and mostly accompanied by thunderstorms.

Current Event

Long Live the Queen

The Queen is dead. House Aldyr is mourning the loss of their queen, while Lady Zehirah has been crowned Queen of Ashax.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Avanti Morningstar
Mini-avatar : When I find you, and I always will DDCFpmw
IC posts : 297
Alias : Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Avanti MorningstarAvalance Citizen

When I find you, and I always will Empty
When I find you, and I always will

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 22:47
One step for the other. He looked like a snake, slick, confident, totally consumed by what laid in front of him. Avanti lost track of time in those moments, like horses forgot to think when they ran for their lives. It was instinct, instinct for them to run, instinct for him to hunt. His breath so steady and in control and yet it wasn’t the same. Avanti lost his patience in the last two years. His sanity wasn’t on point anymore, he wanted things quicker. And just with a sign he dove into what he always desired the most … blood. Even if it was so young and unfamiliar. It died in his tight grip. It … like it represented nothing. He let it fall and went on to the next. It wasn’t the Avanti from three years ago, people knowing him would see that. He lost something, sanity.

He was searching something entirely different tonight. His previous encounter wasn’t what he was really looking for. After two years he needed to reconnect again, not only with his “family” but also with the ones who were in a deal with him. That was what brought him here to the wetlands. Even with his eyes closed he could find her for she was the only one being in his power for so long. And god, he had missed that kind of power.

The hide and seek he loved to play didn’t found a place now for she was right there and he stopped his next step as he stood still in the shadows. The smell of what runned through her veins was like honey for him. A smile cheered up that empty looking face, she didn’t changed a bit. He did, for a small part. ‘It took me quite the search.’ His voice was cold and yet filled with a certain joy as he pushed himself out of the shadow into her eyesight. ‘Delaney.’ A name that sounded bittersweet on his lips. He knocked his head to the side and chuckled. ‘You didn’t saw me coming right? After all that time.’ His chuckle died. ‘You probably didn’t even miss me.’ It were speculations wrapped in a little bit of desire. But at least he had that kind of control, she couldn’t die, for that he had to leave her alone … for now.
You got no strings on me Delaney

You don't seem to realize ... I'll get you in the e n d
Delaney Freyr
Mini-avatar : When I find you, and I always will ICNnwqZ
IC posts : 87
Alias : Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney FreyrLady of Caer Scion

Re: When I find you, and I always will

on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 23:57

We may be small, and we may be young
but we will shake the world for our beliefs

How could she have ever imagined. Even for a second, that he would have dissapeared. Leave her alone to live out her life in peace. She would have everything she could, if only she had that security. But ofcourse that was a lie. A fleeting dream from which she would have to wake up sooner or later.

It had been two years. Two years in which she had settled, taking a bit easier. Breathing a bit lighter and being happier. She could see her sister happy. See her niece grow up safe and taken care of. That was all that she ever needed to see. That was what she had sold her soul for and seeing them she actually began to slowly loose her fear for that man. That monster that had hunted her childhood. The creature she had seen in her room up in the Highlands when she had been so small.

But he would never die, and she had tried to make him die in so many ways. Stabbing did not work, she had tried that when she was 12 and thought that she could wield a blade. Denying him blood, hoping he'd starve did not work, she found that out when she was 8 and just two years in his grip. He had just killed her beloved dog before her eyes and drained him of every last drop before he had stepped over the corpse and taken more of her than he normaly did, leaving her sicky in bed for two weeks. And during her early twenties she had also discovered that poisoning did not work. She had taken a deadly dose of Nightshade only to have him clean her blood while drinking it. Hoping it would kill him from the inside out, actually only making him laugh.

This man could not die, and even the stories told about how to kill those who were undying made her question their truth. For she was sure even dragon fire could not blister this man.

He was ancient and dark. A monster from the first generation. A army in one man, and he had set his dark hungry eyes on her. He would never let his prey go.

His voice cut the darkness but she had known he was there even before he spoke out. She had felt it in her bones, the trembling, the needing. He was part of her, a dark dangerous part that she could never quite get rid off. And at this point she was not quite sure if she was lying when she said she wanted to loose him. For her traitor heart jumped at the thought of him as she turned around. "Saw perhaps not, heard I did. You've seemed to have lost your touch for stealth." She spoke, trying to make her voice even and cold. Laying her hand on the hilt of her sword holding onto it as a rock in the sea. Her light in the darkness. Taking in a sharp breath. "Avanti, my my, you must have missed me, returning after all this time." She tried to sound lighthearted, perhaps even cocky. She was a grown woman, yet the thought of this man made her return to the six year old. Begging him to not hurt her big sister. Stupid little girl she had been.

Stupid little girl with a stupid big heart.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Avanti Morningstar

Character Sheet

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 13:23
He asked himself what she had been up to in the past two years. Worst case scenario she was married and had already a child … or worse, her sister died and she didn’t had to take his crap anymore. But even then, they came such a long way, even a dead sister wouldn’t stop him from leaving her alone. But he knew her sister was still alive, he … checked. She crossed his mind over the fleeting time he thought he was dying. Not as much as Ayana crossed his mind but still. She was one of the better deals, her information, her believes and loyalty were always steady and true. He needed more of that, and that is exactly what he would do next, find people who were overwhelmed by his pressure. He had that bad desire to break them and they all did in the end.

As he looked at her he noticed that nothing much changed about her. Her bright blue eyes knew he was there before he even spoke and it brought a small grin on his lips. After all those years she got a sense for feeling him. Which meant she was always cautious, knowing he could always be around. But after two years she was still alert for him, which meant that she never thought he could be that. For that she tried already to much herself.

‘Maybe I just wanted you to hear me coming just so I could see the look on you face when you realized it was me again.’ He said, knowing his stealth was fine, there were other things less fine about him these days. Her words were as cold as his almost sounded. He knew she always tried to cover her true feelings and just as always he would crumble that mask until he could see right through her. His eyes followed the gesture of her hand on the sword and his eyes coldly got back to hers. She wouldn’t. ‘You crossed my mind on occasion yes.’ He stepped out of the shadow into the fading sunlight. The fingers of his bad arm stretched and clenched back together at the memory. The burns where stil there, hardly healing. ‘You know me right, do I ever fail in returning?’ He tilted his head to the side, slowing his steps as he was almost before her. ‘You should know what I have been trough, I call returning here, dedication.’ A smile jumped on his lips as he stood still before her. ‘Tell me, are you gonna kill me with that?’ He pointed his eyes down to the sword. ‘Or can we just have a civilised talk.’ There was nothing civilised about talking with Avanti. He lifted his hand, wanting to touch her, grab her around the throat but he know he wouldn’t resist, not without killing her. So his hand just hanged before he slowly pulled back, a grin that faded into the darkness of his face.
You got no strings on me Delaney

You don't seem to realize ... I'll get you in the e n d
Delaney Freyr

Character Sheet

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 21:54

His voice was the thing of nightmares. Cold, emotionless and filled with all the anger of the world. This man was a creature that was not supposed to live. This man, this beast, had been unnatural and evil from the very first day he opened his eyes. She was sure of it, the curse he carried had nothing to do with the darkness in his heart.

A soft chuckle left her lips as she forced herself to relax her hand around the blade. "I do belief I already tried that before, it does not work." She replied simply watching the man while trying to keep herself in check. Breathing normal, speaking normal. Trying to look relaxed, bored even.

But it did not matter what she did or how she looked. If he wanted her he would take her, there were no questions about that. And if he came back after two long years, then hu must truly be very hungry.. She swallowed slowly at the thought scanning the darkened area around them. No one would be within earshot. No soul for miles to come. She had been too comfortable. She had let her heart settle for just a few seconds and this was the result. Biting her lip she thought back at her sister, the reason she was in all this mess and all she could hope was that Cam would never come searching for her in the woods. Would never see this monster face to face. That Aly would stay innocent and have a youth Del could never have. All because of this man.

"The years must have changed you. Wanting to have a talk. Weren't you all action, no talk?" She dared to say, forcing a small smile on her lips crossing her arms so he would not see the tremble shaking through her body.

Avanti Morningstar

Character Sheet

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 15:55

Delaney

His dark eyes rested on that sword, thinking about the hundred possible ways she tried to get rid of him. But there wasn’t much that could damage him, and she wasn’t hiding dragons either. So all he had was power, a power he hungered on feeling again ever since he got injured to begin with. His fingers clamped involuntary on the thoughts before he so gracefully wiped his eyesight back up to those blue eyes he so much had missed. To be honest, the world could burn, he was done with it, but among things that could burn she should last the longest. Delaney had the power, only he kept it from her. And setting her free would only mean to destroy him. He knew she wouldn’t be able to do that, not without knowing he couldn’t hurt anybody else she loved. He was even sure she would defend him if it came to it and that just brought that tiny cold smile back on his lips.

‘No,’ he said, tilting his head in thoughts. ‘It didn’t.’ His thoughts drifted again and he had to shake his head to keep on focus, to keep himself from praying at her. ‘But it it’s any consolation,’ he fell silent, smiling so brightly it was fake from the very first beginning. ‘I can die, I almost did.’ His honesty didn’t knew boundaries around her. He was just too comfortable. Despite he was still on his highest alert, he knew Delaney didn’t saw this coming, otherwise she wouldn’t be here all alone.

Being so close to her made his teeth sharpen, he fell that hunger steering for a taste of her blood. Her words pulled him from that desire as his hand fell at his side again. For just a few seconds he looked at her before his hands flashed out and grabbed her around her throat, pushing her back against the first thing he could find. ‘Be very careful Delaney.’ He hissed. ‘I may have just changed and we both know it isn’t for the better then.’ His eyes roamed her face as he chuckled dark. ‘I always told you, that big mouth is gonna get you killed, I hope you know how to get me to stop because,’ he moved his hand so he had a hold of her chin and face. ‘I don’t know how to stop anymore.’ He moved her head to the side, looking down to her neck as his teeth ruptured her very fragile skin. The thing he longed for the most, it would always be his Ayana but this was the second best thing, the bittersweet taste of Delaney’s blood.

You got no strings on me

&  

Last edited by Avanti Morningstar on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Delaney Freyr

Character Sheet

on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 17:42

He could die... It was a shock that trembled through her body, this man, this monster, was able to die. That ment.. she just had to find a way to kill him. And then she could become free.

Narrowing her eyes she stared at the dark haired creature, for a second not as scary as he had been just moments before. If he could die than that ment she could kill him. Though, she did not understand why he told her right now. Was he so willing to lay himself open in front of her, was he so comfortable, did he not fear her own murderous intent?

It was as if her own thoughts, together with her words or maybe even without had completely triggered him, he grabbed for her throat, slamming back into a tree as she stared at him, instint forced her to lay her hand on his, digging her nails into his cold skin as she stared at the man in front of her. A small smile slowly creeping on her face, she wanted to make another snark comment. Forcing him to spill more secrets. But the chance did not come as he slammed his fangs into her throat making her gasp.

Trembling she tried to pull him off for a few seconds, her arms crashing against his chest in a futile attempt before a whimper left her lips and her legs gave out from under her. The hands that pushed the man away before now gripped his shoulders to hold herself standing. Her head bowed back, opening her deep blue eyes to stare out at the darkened sky. Tears welling up in the corners as she dug her nails into the fabric of his clothes, breathing heavy putting all her effort in staying awake. How many times had she passed out during this, simply too overtaken by the sweet pain, or just drunken dry enough that she barely died. "Avanti." She managed to groan, the deep pain enough so she could not turn her head back, even though she knew she would not met his eyes, he was too taken away with his thirst. So she laid her head back, the muscles in her arms slowly giving out as they relaxed around his shoulders, breathing heavy and shallow.

Avanti Morningstar

Character Sheet

on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:48

Delaney

It was a confession, a confession he wouldn’t easily say out loud. But that was the thing with her, he was always honest to her. Maybe the years he had her in his power made it almost familiar, he didn’t know. She was thinking about it, he could almost see her head tick over that confession. He could die, you could kill him. That must seem like a relief to her, knowing it was possible to bring this monster down. But she never would, she wouldn’t have the nerves to do so. And if she did … he would see her coming from miles away.

His patience had left him somewhere in that cave. The first one he got to see when he returned was Thriumph of all creature, the second was she … from here it would be in a straight line to his right hand. If he would leave here. Delaney was reluctant, like she always was, trying to provoke him by saying meaningless things. Did she never learn? Did she not think about where he was for two years? What could have changed him over two years? She wouldn’t say things like that if she knew he murdered villages. If she knew there was no stopping him these days. But she did and she had no idea what she just unlocked … what she made him do. This was her fault, he was able to keep in check and she just had to provoke him. She never learned.

The biggest problem he had wasn’t the stopping, it was the taste. Everybody tasted different but she had developed a taste he got used to over the years. And that … that was the problem. Because of that he couldn’t find the power to stop. Her nails digged in his hand, her voice only a soft whisper for him to hear. It was when he felt her body lose his steadiness that he realized he couldn’t lose her. He brutally pulled back, placing a hand around her upper arm to keep her up as his other fixed her chin. It didn’t matter how weak she was, how hard she wanted to collapse. ‘I have a very thin line in tolerance Delaney,’ he whispered, his eyes still hungry even if he felt satisfied. ‘you should know. And if you think this would be your last moment then you are wrong,’ his eyes lowered to the wound on her neck. ‘For I’m here the rest of your miserable life. We don’t have a deal so you get to grow confident, we have a deal so that I don’t come after all that you love, your sister,’ he looked slowly back to her. ‘maybe a husband one day, kids, family.’ He let the words linger in the air as he slowly smiled that disturbing insane smile before he pulled back, no longer supporting her in any way. ‘So,’ he said, like this just didn’t happen. ‘Are you ready to talk now?’ He asked. He stroke the back of his hand over his mouth, looking down to the blood that was smeared over it. It was good to be back.

You got no strings on me

&  
Delaney Freyr

Character Sheet

on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 22:24
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Black spots were crossing her eyes. She closed them with a shiver, feeling the cold ground under her bottom. Taking a few ragged breaths she tried to get herself under control. How many times had she sworn to herself that he would never be allowed to do this to her again? How many times had she cursed him in her sleep. And how many trainings had she had, just to get stronger, to get away from him. To defeat him for once..

He spoke coldly and her eyes fluttered open again, staring up at the man without any emotion. He terrified her, her nightmares were made of this man and his infinite darkness. But in real life he seemed smaller. Or rather, since the last time she had seen him he had become, different. "Is there something bothering you dear?" She asked coldly. Her voice croaking, her throat hurting deeply.

Slowly she layed a hand on her throat feeling the thick red blood sticking to her bare hand but she kept her hand pressed down on the wound. The sooner it healed, the sooner she could return home. It would be days at the very least but when she did not cover it, the wound could last for weeks and her sister needed her at home. So weeks were not something she could spare. "You know, you could really start biting somewhere else.. neckwounds are so hard to hide." She refused to let him see how badly she was affected by him once again. This was all a game to him, so she'd play the game along with him. Even if she knew she was losing, badly.

Avanti Morningstar

Character Sheet

on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 13:13

Delaney

He hated it when she did that, trying to be better and stronger, trying to have a good life. That wasn’t what he wanted from her, he wanted her to fear every second, to watch her sister ever hour of the day. He kept his promise, her sister was happy, lived a life Delaney probably never would have. That was the joy he pulled out of this whole deal, to see her struggle, to see her find a way to get rid of him. Two years she could prepare for that and this was what she did? Pulling up a big mouth rather then stab him all over again. A true disappointment.

But that wasn’t what bothered him. As she sat there, recovering from what he did all over again she asked him about what really bothered him. The “dear” in that sentence made him give her a cold look. ‘There is a lot bothering me.’ He snapped, only for just so long. He had lost a lot over the two years and that was something he hated. He draw a new breath as he crouched before her, laying a hand on her knee as he gave her the look that guaranteed her protection. ‘Nothing you need to worry about.’ He said with a sweet poisonous smile. She wouldn’t worry, he knew that. She could only guess to what he all wanted to do, what he all wanted to take.

As he looked to the blood that forced himself through that wound her words were not coming through. His lack in control made him push all he ever stood for. He pulled his eyes away and looked in her bright blue eyes. ‘I know.’ He just said, looking to the wound. ‘But it isn’t my problem.’ He followed with a short smile. Yet he would take it in reconsideration, if he wanted to keep her to himself he had to help her hide all of that. ‘Can I take you somewhere? Or are you doing it all on your own these days?’ He asked her rather flat. He was such a gentleman, to help her up and into a bed if she desired that, but he knew Delaney, she rather did it all by herself, even if it almost got her killed.

You got no strings on me

&  
Delaney Freyr

Character Sheet

on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 23:01
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
She was strong, she had always been strong. The things this man had done to her, the horror he instilled in her. It had made her stronger, fiercer. Less afraid, or actually, less afraid of her own life This monster, this beast had showed her that her life was wortheless. Meaningless. Except that the blood flowing within her was the reason her sister survived. Her sister lived a happy carefree life. She suffered so her sister didn’t have to.

And Avanti was all too pleased to let her know that little fact again and again. She saw it in his dark eyes, those pools of blackness. Just as empty as his soul, even before he became the true monster his is right now. Somewhere she had to wonder, were some people made for the life he lived? Were some made to become monsters.

And if that was so. Was she also made to become one?

The question tempted her mind, made her mouth water slowly as she closed her eyes. Had she not at one silly point wondered what would happen if she asked him to become one of them. To slowly loose her soul and become truly empty. The question had scared her so much that she had pushed it away into the darkest parts of her mind. But always in this position, when adrenaline rushed trough her and the slight hunger filled her veins, she wondered again if she should ask the question.

His words shocked her back to reality, pushing the darkness back in it’s little cage. She was born to withstand him, born to rise above him. And one day slay him. She was light where he was dark. Was that not the truth she held before herself. Was that not why they were exact opposites. Yes. That was the reality. That was why he could not let her go. Why he held onto her so desperatly, knowing that one day she would rise to be too powerful. That one day she would give him his eternal rest.

One day she would become the warrior to slay the beast.

”Oh but I always worry about you.” She replied with just as much venom in her voice. Pushing herself up with the tree as her guide. Still holding a hand on her bleeding wound. ”Well you’d be a right dear to sweep me off my fee tand guide me home.” She retorted noticing how she was still out of breath and took a shaky inhale. ”Actually.. That might be a good idea..” She retorted on herself closing her eyes. She would not make it back if she went on her own. And knowing Avanti was here probably ment one of his pets was also nearby, and those monsters were far less forgiving with her.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum