⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Roll the dice Empty Roll the dice

on Fri 20 Nov 2020, 22:42

With the scroll in his hands he was seated on his throne. The paper felt smooth yet textured against his rough skin. Both the cold and the many hours spent wielding weapons had left traces all over his fingers. The content of the document held the possibility to change the future. As he was overthinking his talk with Jupiter, a guard had been sent to fetch their half-brother Vulcan. The last man on this planet that could save him from going mental, if he would agree to the proposition he was about to offer him. The idea both stressed him out and kept him calm at the same time. But he had thought this through and it felt like he had made the right decision. Now he just had to rely on Vulcan's support and strength.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?

Last edited by Apollo Freyr on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 09:51; edited 1 time in total
Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

Roll the dice Empty Re: Roll the dice

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 17:25

Vulcan had been summoned to his brother. He had been in the smithy at the moment a guard stepped in. With that simple instruction, to come to the throne room. For a second he doubted going, because he wasn’t sure what his brother could possibly want from him. Wasn’t it usually his raven-haired sister that he needed? But in the end, he nodded. Cleaning of his hands on a rag and walking with the guard towards the castle. Not so sure how it would actually turn out. Maybe he needed something done to his axe? Yeah, that would probably be it.

With his hands folded behind his back he entered the room, spotting his brother sitting there on the throne. He nodded at the guard and breached the distance between him and the man that had needed him. ’You know, you can just come by the smithy right. When you’re axe needs sharpening or something.’ He chuckled softly, but maybe a tad nervous as well.

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 18:26

This piece of paper would bring change to the Highlands like never before. It had not happened ever, not according to recorded history. At the same time, he hoped the difference would be hardly noticeable for those living in this region. A Freyr would always occupy this seat of power. Always. Because that was who Vulcan was too, a Freyr. Maybe not by name, but unmistakingly one by blood. As the man approached there was no denying he was the son of Mercury. The resemblance was hard to miss.

Today he would fix that little detail. If he would agree. "I do know that, yes. This is about something else", He said. He tapped the scroll on the back of his hand a few times. "I have a proposition for you, brother", He went on. His gaze was fixed upon the other man to constantly gauge his reaction. "A smith and a Lord kind of have the same job, would you not agree? One forges weapons and armor, the other forges alliances and laws and decrees to rule his people and keep them happy", He added. He paused for a second. Perhaps Vulcan was catching on by now.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?

Last edited by Apollo Freyr on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 09:50; edited 1 time in total
Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 18:37

There had always been a rift between both brothers. Vulcan wouldn’t deny that. But the last few years things were going better between the both of them. Which made the family man he was, very happy. Especially now that Apollo had he son of his own. The time spend with little Mercury, was time he considered so valuable. The next generation of Freyr’s. But neither that, nor the sharpening of a certain battle axe was the reason why he was here apparently. A frown appeared on his head as he looked at the other.

A proposition? And soon the man spoke about that their jobs were in ways alike to each other making the frown grow even deeper. ’I guess I can agree on that, though your job is of a bit more importance than mine.’ He chuckled softly, but soon enough turning serious again. ’What are you trying to tell me brother? That we do the same things? Cause honestly I’d love to see you forge a weapon, though don’t let me make up decrees yeah?’ Nope, Vulcan didn’t see it coming. Here Apollo was focusing on how they were alike, something he had never truly expected.

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 18:53

The task ahead would be tough for Vulcan, but he was confident the man was capable of fulfilling that duty. In their childhood and youth they had been rivals, fighting for the attention and approval of their father, as only brothers could. So he knew the man had learned a lot about the ways of ruling. He only missed the experience. It wasn't like he would hand him the power and disappear though. He would offer his counsel. His words made him chuckle softly. He wasn't too far off.

"That is exactly what you will be doing if you accept this offer", He said. He held up the scroll. "With this declaration I legitimize you as the oldest son of Mercury Freyr and therefore the rightful heir to this throne", He continued. Apollo got up and took the few steps down so he was standing on equal ground. "My time as Lord was short yet intense. For the sake of our people I need to step down. I can not serve them in the way they deserve. My priorities are not where they are supposed to be anymore", He explained, although vaguely, his reasons. He then offered Vulcan the scroll. "I spoke to Jupiter about this and he agreed to it too. We will both accept and support your claim if you are willing to accept."

Last edited by Apollo Freyr on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 09:50; edited 1 time in total
Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 23:41

What his brother was asking from him was something he didn’t seem to register even further. He just looked at the man in front of him, not sure what to make of this. He was giving it up? To him of all people. There were others right? Jupiter for one. A better fit in his mind. When he stepped down Vulcan raised a brow. Wait what? He was being for real actually? Confusion grew visibly on his face as he just looked at the other. Wondering what would be going on in his mind? Had he completely lost his marbles?

’You legitimize me? What about Manea? She deserves that as well right?’ Always putting their younger sister in front of himself because that’s what he simply did. ’You’re stepping down? After everything you’re stepping down? I don’t know a single thing about ruling a province..’ Not the complete truth but Apollo would probably understand. Yet Vulcan straightened his back again. ’Brother, are you absolutely sure of this? Are you both? This feels wrong, Jupiter should sit here. Not me.’ But he took the scroll, opening it up and letting his fingers brush over the ink. Vulcan Freyr. A bastard promoted to what exactly. ’I don’t even know what to say. Where will you go? What will you do?’

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 10:04

His first thought went to their younger sister. This was one of the reasons why Vulcan would make a good Lord. He looked out for others without being selfish. "Of course, I had planned to talk to her after", He reassured the man. If she would accept was another matter. It was clear his brother was utterly overwhelmed by all this. Understandable. It had come out of the blue for everyone up until now. But eventually they all agreed it was for the better. "Jupiter has other talents and he knows this. He will continue to serve our family and the Highlands in his own useful ways", He countered. No, the way he saw it seemed like the perfect way.

"I'm not going to disappear, if that is what you're worried about. I will stay here for as long as you need help with getting used to your new position. You can count on me for advice, always", He answered his other question. "After you have settled though, me and Delaney will move out. We don't know where yet, but I need to be away from here for a while", He then added. The same tiredness was now slightly audible in his voice. Too much had happened and he needed time to get all that sorted, before it would damage him beyond repair.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:51

If he was to become a Freyr, then so should his sister. It was nothing more than fair. There was the chance that she would deny but if anything Manea had gone through more to become an actual Freyr unlike himself. She had fought in the war, while he had stayed behind the walls supplying the men with the best and strongest weapons and armor. What his brother was asking from him was something he hadn’t even thought about after he had taken their father’s place. ’What might those ways be brother?’ He spoke, voice still sounding rather hesitant.

Apollo would stay. For advice. That was something that soothed his mind a little. The fact that he could still count on the other if he needed him. ’What with the council? Do they follow you in this decision? And how will the people react? I’ll always be a bastard in their eyes no matter what the paper says.’ Shortly he pulled a hand through his hair. He needed to calm down again. The tiredness in his brother’s voice hadn’t slipped him and he looked up at him. Were there had been utter confusion moments ago, there was a form of resolve visible now. He lifted his hand and placed it on the shoulder of the other looking him straight in the eyes. ’Show me how it’s done. And go enjoy your family afterwards brother. You deserve it.’

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 13:31

"Politics between regions. His observational skills are exceptional. Aside from that he is one of the first in many decades to have married outside of the Highlands. People tend to trust him more", He summed up. Like Jupiter wanted himself, he should be concerned with what happened beyond their borders, while Vulcan had to handle what happened within. "The council has not been informed yet. This is a family matter, what we decide is none of their concern. And the people can not deny you are a Freyr. I think they will follow as long as you rule them as one", He said. The less changed, the better. He would have to prove himself but he trusted that would be no problem.

Eventually he had gotten through to him. It just simply made sense. Apollo nodded at his words. He placed his own hand on top of the one resting on his shoulder. "Thank you", He said, showing a bit more emotion than usual. He then turned towards the throne, tilting his head a bit. "Let us make it official then, so we can start preparing your inauguration ceremony, shall we, Lord Freyr?" He suggested. All it took was for Vulcan to sit down, which would be sealing the fate of all those involved.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 15:28

’They are. But that might mean that he isn’t staying around then? Which worries me.’ If anything he had liked to keep Jupiter close. So they could do this together instead of apart. When he mentioned that the council hadn’t been informed yet he softly hummed, scratching his cheek for a second. ’Given that they are your most trusted advisors, it kind of makes it their concern doesn’t it?’ Though he could understand were Apollo was coming from, if anything this was a matter that should be resolved behind closed doors as simply as that. ’I can only hope so.’ Vulcan calmly spoke. The voice of the people wasn’t one that should be ignored though.

A smile appeared on his lips when the other placed a hand on his. But when he turned he pulled his hand back, glancing at the throne. ’You shouldn’t call me that brother. None of the family should.’ Vulcan hummed shortly. ’You also should’ve said something about this earlier, I look like well, a blacksmith all dirty.’ He chuckled for a second, nervous to actually take place. Yet he straightened his back and eventually stepped away. Sitting down on the throne that had always belonged to his brother.

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 16:07

"That is true, but I think it is a good thing. We have allies now, we need to maintain those relationships and Jupiter has a knack for those matters", He said. He was an excellent diplomat, even at his young age. "They were my advisors, yes. But the future is yours to shape. Just like I reformed the council back when I ascended, you should do the same", He suggested. The old made way for the new and Vulcan needed to think about who he could trust and who he saw fit to fill those positions by himself.

The moment had come where the new Lord accepted his duties by taking place on the throne. For now it was only a symbolic gesture, but it had to happen nonetheless. "Don't worry, you can whip out the fancy clothing when you do this in front of the public", He jested in a light teasing tone. However when he sat down he returned to being serious. "I, Apollo of House Freyr, hereby revoke my claim to the seat of the Highlands and pass on my title to Vulcan of House Freyr, who will henceforth be known as Lord Freyr, Warden of the North", He declared, after which he bent the knee and bowed. It was done.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 17:18

Reforming the council was one thing that was one his list. Though only light changes would be made in the end. The old making way for the new. Vulcan could set out a path for himself in this, but he needed a council first. If anything he’d offer the man in front of him a position, but he didn’t want to burden him with anything that involved leading. Not while he was giving up everything he had stood for. Never had he imagined to be in this particular position in his life. It was a strange thing actually. But he’d make his brother proud in any way he possibly could.

’Fancy clothing, I need to get my closet checked then.’ He smirked shortly. But as he sat down and he looked out into the hall besides his brother. A weird sense of calmness settled over him. When the words were spoken he stood up again, looking at his brother and humming shortly. ’Rise brother, you bow to no man. You never will.’ Vulcan wasn’t one to demand this from aby of his siblings. If anything they were equals, that’s how he saw it. ’What happened now?’ Because well, he might have been right next to Apollo during the lessons from their father, he was rather clueless to well everything.

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 23 Nov 2020, 21:36

Following protocol had always given him strength. It was a steady foundation to build a reputation on. Hence why he went through this entire ritual to transition power to his older brother. People would take it more serious. Something Vulcan still had to learn. He was the Lord now, family came below protocol on the rankings. Yet he did not protest and stood up on his request. "Now we inform the council. We start by picking a day for your coronation. After that we send out invitations to our vassals and allies", He summed up. From there on there would be meetings. Lots of them. They had to get the other man up to speed with the latest news, from ongoing trade agreements to the state of their army. Winter was coming soon so they would have to start preparing for that.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Wed 25 Nov 2020, 19:46

Vulcan listened to his brother and softly hummed. Standing back besides him and nodding eventually. ’If I’m correct there is someone of your council not present in the Highlands right now. That won’t be an issue right?’ He shortly asked. Pointing towards the Lord Commander that had served his brother with an undying sense of loyalty. Vulcan looked at the other man with a faint smile on his lips. This still felt pretty damn weird if you asked him. But if anything he knew he would grow into the role. He’d try to be a good Lord, a good Warden of the Highlands.

’I wonder were this will take us.’ Vulcan shortly hummed. Looking at the man. If anything, he didn’t know much yet. Sure, he had picked up on a few things over the years but there was way more to the teachings of their father back in the day and the real deal. ’Any suggestion on when the coronation should be held?’ As soon as possible most likely, given that winter was upon them soon enough and if he were to invite others well then it had to happen even faster.

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 26 Nov 2020, 13:18

The new Lord made a good point. "Correct, but you can write and he can read", He said with a slight grin. Sometimes the solutions to problems were very simple. He had wished Alec had returned by now. This was a matter he had hoped to tell him in person. Throughout the years the man had been his friend even before he had become his Lord Commander. He owed him some sort of explanation. "You know what, leave that to me. I'd rather tell him myself, if you don't mind", He therefore asked. He then considered some options. "Before winter, obviously. But we should give people the time to travel here if they wish to attend. So if you find the time to write them today, I'd say two weeks from now", He shared his thoughts. That would give Vulcan some time to get informed about everything he needed to know too.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Thu 26 Nov 2020, 18:28

Vulcan chuckled at his words for a moment. Well, that only left the whereabouts of the man in question in the end. For a moment Vulcan glanced around in the room and softly hummed. So this was his new reality then. A Lord. Or well, the Lord when it came down to the Highlands. Again, something he had never expected to happen. Yet not something he hadn’t dreamt of becoming. ’Off course not, in the end that’s your council.’ He calmly nodded. That was his business and his alone. And well it saved him of sending another letter.

’Two weeks from now. I was planning on writing to both Lord Vigneron and Lady Sylversword anyways so I can combine the two then.’ He hummed. Start writing today. And then the real deal actually started, pumping all that knowledge into his brain. ’I’ll guess I’ll go to writing then. Go spend the day with your son huh? Or is there more to follow still?’ A smile appeared on his lips. Now it was time for Apollo to actually take that long deserved break. ’And thank you brother.’

Roll the dice Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 14 Dec 2020, 14:14

Thank the Gods the two bastards had been given a proper education too. He could hardly imagine a High Lord that couldn’t read or write his own letters. In that regard they weren’t the Evergreen. As soon as he started thinking about it more he realised he should probably give his best friend the courtesy of writing to him personally. It was good manners. Vulcan agreed to his request without any protest, then proceeded to come up with a plan of action for his day. ”I will go and speak to Manea first, but after that I will return to my chambers”, He nodded. Those needed to be cleaned up from the few personal possessions he had, so his brother could move in. ”Don’t hesitate to summon me whenever you need my help”, He added. And he truly meant it. This transition in power had to go as smoothly as possible, for everyone’s sake.

Roll the dice X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Mon 14 Dec 2020, 15:10

Vulcan smiled at the other. The courtesy of writing his own Lord Commander that was the thing he could grant him. Not only because Ser Winchester had not only serves their house for so long, but well for the impending change in position as well. It was best that his brother broke the news instead of himself. He knew the man, yet not as how his brother knew him. Yet when he stared on about his chambers he looked up at the man a soft smile linger. ’You’re welcome to stay in the castle though, even in your own room if you want. I don’t see why that needs to change I have a room here already and you have a family.’ Vulcan stretched in the hopes that that would persuade the man to actually stay around a bit longer. Because yes, he was going to need his advice more than anything. ’I won’t I promise. And thank you brother for granting me this chance.’ It was the least he could actually say right.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum