⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
After a year - Page 2 TAsYK2y
Waz

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

After a year - Page 2 Empty Re: After a year

on Thu 26 Nov 2020, 20:11
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Would not everyone appreciate some help when they needed it? Elayne nodded with a chuckle. "Yes, of course, but I know some of the people in Dorwine personally," she explained. It was why she knew for sure that there would be at least one happy person to receive more help. Even if she had never visited the city before, now that Eryva was the Lady of Dorwine, she guessed she would be there more often.

As soon as she mentioned the dragons, Faxe started asking questions. It seemed like she had found someone else who was excited about the creatures instead of frightened. Elayne's smile widened, knowing that excitement very well. "I hadn't seen one myself until I saw the battle between Sunchaser en Stormbringer. They were quite far off, but they must have been huge because we could clearly see them," she answered. "And I got to see Lord Vigneron's dragon too, but she's still small in comparison."
MONTY

After a year - Page 2 X10
Darktrail

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 27 Nov 2020, 21:06
When she said that she knew several people in Dorwine, the young man understood what she meant. If she formulated it that way, at least 1 person would be happy with all the help they could get. 'If you put it that way, those people would be very happy with help. Maybe I can get some others together who are willing to help, if only to have something to do. ” said Faxe thoughtfully and scribbled his chin for a moment. The mask started to itch. But as soon as Elayne started talking about dragons, he was like a little kid who first entered a candy store. He bombarded her with questions, but the first disappointment was soon a there, although she did come with the detail that she could see them well despite the fact that they were so far away. But soon the young lady said she had also seen Lord Vigneron's dragon that she thought was small. "Well, you don't want to be in between two fighters of course, but what did Lord Vigneron's dragon look like?" dragons were just fantastic creatures right?
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Fri 27 Nov 2020, 22:26
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Elayne nodded when his words showed that he understood what she had meant. Faxe might even get some people together to help out. "But you shouldn't forget about yourself," she added. All the help would be greatly appreciated, but she did not want anyone to get in trouble because they had other tasks to tend to as well. After all, everyone was leading their own life as well. Just as she could not abandon Fairview to stay in Dorwine to help out until everything was fixed.

She chuckled when he commented that she would not want to be in between to fighters, before asking what Lord Vigneron's dragon had looked like. "No, it would have been dangerous to get any closer as they were setting the fields around them ablaze with fire and frost," she agreed. It would have been suicide to get too close.

"Seraphina has black scales with some red in her wings. She's a fire wyvern, just as Sunchaser was. I haven't seen her in a while, but I assume she's grown quite a bit by now," she answered. "If you ever visit a celebration in Wineport where Lord Vigneron is present, he often has her with him. Or just keep your eyes on the sky when you're visiting the city." He might get a chance to see her as well.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 27 Nov 2020, 23:46
When she told him not to forget himself, Faxe nodded understandingly. [color=#ff6600] 'Of course not, I can only stay as long as I can, but the people I'm talking about haven't actually lost their jobs for more than a month. I'm not saying they would get paid or anything, but they are workmen and they don't like to sit still. They are good people and if possible I sometimes divide a whole cow slaughtered among them. They are elderly and have no children to take care of them. ”[/ Color] he decided to tell her. Most older people were sometimes stubborn enough to not ask for help. But at times they were so stubborn as well to turn down offered help from a stranger. It had also taken Faxe a lot of hands and feet to help them. It concerned 5 people, but all 5 were sometimes as stubborn as a donkey. At first they had not liked the prospect that the young thief had given them to help his mother in the laundromat, but although his mother could not afford them much, they helped her anyway, more so as not to get stuck in than they were standing still. But all 5 help her. “3 of them were carpenters, so they can help rebuild. The other two might help elsewhere, but we'll see. ” explained the young man before he was seriously finished and again listened to Elayne. "That must have been hard." muttered Faxe, thinking for a moment about how dragons would fight. With teeth, claws and their wings and tail. 1 big lump of muscles that were dragons. Creatures of pure elegance in both their superior looks and their way of fighting! But when she talked about Lord Vigneron's dragon and what to watch out for when passing the town or passing through it, the young thief nodded eagerly. . "If I ever get there, I'll definitely be looking forward to her!" A dragon so close to the Glades! Awesome!!!
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Sat 28 Nov 2020, 18:10
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Faxe promised that he would not forget himself and explained who the people were he was talking about. They might be able to help out in Dorwine, as they did not like to sit still. Even though they would not get paid, maybe there could be some compensation from the people they were helping, like a place to sleep or a warm meal in the evening. "Sounds like quite the bunch," she said with a chuckle as he was done explaining.

"It's worth it, I can tell you," she replied with a smile when Faxe told her he would be looking forward to catching a glimpse of Seraphina if he ever went to Wineport. "The Princess and the Prince both have dragons as well, but I have not met them." Not everyone got to meet House Aldyr either, meaning it would probably be a little harder to meet the other dragons. There was one more, but that was a secret she was still keeping. The little ice dragon had no castle walls to protect him.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 00:13
Faxe had to chuckle at her words. 'You got that right, it's a couple, but with a good heart. They know what they are talking about and I learn from that. ” joked the young man playfully and he knew those oldies all his life. Well, for as long as he knew, of course, although they were sometimes stubborn people.

Seraphina would really be a nice lookout for the young thief to go to Wineport. Knowing this, he actually wanted to leave now and watch the dragon until his eyes fell out his head, but that would be rude to Elayne. But even the prince and princess had a dragon. But he had never met the Aldyr family, but most people would not have. "I think it would be great to have a Dragon as an ally." smiled Faxe, wishing he could have one of his own, but that would be desteny. Should he ever find an egg, The Young Thief would give him or her all the love and time he could make for the dragon. It didn't matter whether it was a Fire Wyvern or an Ice Dragon. Both were welcome. Faxe was actually dreaming away in thoughts and did not immediately realize that he was still talking to Elayne.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Mon 30 Nov 2020, 15:16
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Faxe responded that they were quite the bunch indeed, but with a good heart. They knew what they were doing too and he learned from them. "They sound like great people," she commented with a smile. It was always good to have someone to teach you things and to look up to.

When he mentioned he thought it would be great to have a dragon as an ally, Elayne could not help but smile as well. "They're wonderful creatures, but I think it's quite difficult to take care of one as well since they grow so big. If anyone wanted to harm them, they're an easy target," she mused. For a prince a princess or a high lord it would not be as much of a challenge to keep them as it would be for someone without any status. Where would you keep a dragon when you did not own a castle? Out in the wild, like Jules, but that came with its own set of risks. Sometimes she wondered how they were doing.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 30 Nov 2020, 20:52
Whether they were nice people? Well, no yes they were. Once they lowered their walls you could find it very quickly with these 5. They were pleasant and open then. But for everything that was new you often had to put in more effort. Faxe grinned again and shook his head. 'Yes they are, although you have to get to know them better before you can socialize with them. They are still old-fashioned, but they are very nice and friendly as soon as they open up to you. I remember how Horus came in after I was nearly beaten to death ... " Oh shit! Talking to Elayne felt so good that Faxe had thrown open something he didn't really want. The young thief was startled himself, but tried to react as normally as possible and pretended not to be shocked.

Faxe noticed that Elayne spoke so lightly of dragons as if she had one of her own, but it could also be that she had mentioned her experience with Seraphina. But the young thief wanted to test whether his first theory was correct. "Sounds like you have a dragon of your own?" asked the young man in a soft tone that only Elayne could hear. His eyes glittered as if Faxe envisioned a box full of jewels ready to be picked up by him. But to her it would look like a curious look that was also a bit eager.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Wed 02 Dec 2020, 19:12
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back They were great people, Faxe confirmed, although you would have to get to know them better before they would open up to you. Elayne nodded, a lot of people were like that. She was just an exception, being an open book to almost anyone. Sometimes that was a blessing, sometimes it would get her into trouble.

The group he was talking about was old-fashioned but very nice and friendly. His next sentence was not finished and Elayne furrowed her brow slightly at what he had just told her, puzzled by how casually he had just mentioned nearly being beaten to death. "It's okay if you don't want to share such stories, but if you do want to, I'll listen to it," she told him, giving him a choice. She did not want to probe into someone's past, especially if it was filled with traumatic events. But if he felt the need to talk about it, she would not deny him that either.

Elayne chuckled when he told her it sounded like she had a dragon of her own. "Oh no, no, I wish I had a dragon. I just know a few people who do, that's all," she explained in an amused tone. It would have been amazing to have a dragon herself, but that was impossible as she already knew what kind of magic she possessed and it was of a much darker kind.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 11 Dec 2020, 23:33
She had nodded for a moment, and Faxe saw how Elayne reacted to his half-finished sentence. She frowned and for a moment the young thief cursed himself for letting himself go like this, but the young lady said he didn't have to tell if he didn't want to, but if he did want to share she than listen to him. A sigh came from his lips. He knew his creditor would be too far away to hear what he was going to tell Elayne, but who would work for him who was closer? Dropping his name could cause extra problems for him once he got his debt together and then be able to pay the man off. He didn't really want to tell, but something deep down forced him to say it to her! 'It's not really a secret either. Almost the whole village knows about what happened then, but no one there knows his name. ” began Faxe, and the tone in his voice was different, softer, but also angrier. Although he was calm, you could clearly tell from him that the young thief would put on his spines if he had them. 'But before I tell you that part, you should know that I was younger then, my father had just left for no man's land and my mother had become ill from a rat bite. The little we had in money was not enough to get the medicines from the doctor, even what the residents in the town could give us was just not enough. Then I met a man in a bar. I naively explained to him what I was rummaging about and he put a large pouch of coins into my hands. He seemed so nice then, but he must have followed me when I went back home with the doctor and he waited until she was better before this guy came in and knocked me through our house as a rachdoll. " His tone remained the same although his eyes almost seemed to catch fire. Faxe refrained from mentioning his name. He didn't know whether Elayne knew him or not. 'He claimed back the loan amount with very high interest. I'm still working on meeting that voluta. That is also the reason why I sell the jewelry I have found and perhaps other things that are still useful, but they are never worth that much. ” He had started now and could not stop. The young lady would understand hopefully?

Elayne's smile eased his pain a bit. Was she so easy to talk to. Not as easy as with other people, but that also made her dangerous for him to let himself slip from his role as he told her all about why he sold the jewelry. 'Knowing people who have dragons and carrying the experiences with you made you talk so lightly about it, well it was worth a try. If you had one, I would have liked to see your dragon. But thats to bad. ” Faxe chuckled softly and relaxed again.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Tue 15 Dec 2020, 15:03
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Elayne heard a sigh, but after a moment Faxe started speaking anyway. His whole village knew about it, but no one knew the name of the man who had nearly beaten him to death. It was not difficult to spot the difference in tone or the changed expression on his face. She knew how much events of the past could still haunt you in the present. Which was why she was quiet as he told her his story.

He had been younger, his father had left and his mother had fallen ill. A man had offered him the coin he had desperately needed. Almost every child would fall for that, even adults when they were desperate enough. If there had been a way to safe the people she had lost, Elayne would have done anything.

Instead of just having to pay off the amount of money that had been given him, the man had asked for a high interest as well. For someone who had no money before the incident, it would take years to get such an amount together. This was why the boy was selling jewellery and other items he found. "And he's still troubling you until the whole debt is paid of course... Do you still owe him a lot?" she asked. It was horrible that there were people out there profiting off those who could not afford a lot anyways.

All her experiences with dragons had made her talk lightly about them as if she owned one herself. Elayne nodded with a soft chuckle. "I don't think it's possible, but if I ever would get a dragon you'd be welcome to come and meet it." She knew that was impossible, but no one needed to know she already had a certain type of magic.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 15 Dec 2020, 23:06
Elayne listened to him in silence until Faxe finished the story, but she didn't know the deadline yet. I have been delivered a time for the amount. I don't know if it is feasible. In 3 years time there must be 2000 gold pieces within that time. I'm not sure I could get it together on the last trip, but it would be nice to finally get rid of it. ” his head felt light and Faxe was a little dizzy, but luckily his back was already against the wall so you could not immediately notice that he was not feeling well. Although his skin had faded a little white from under his mask. "If I don't have the debt before then he will finish his job, he said." it was a promise his mother had told him after the young boy had regained consciousness, but those words were what drove him to keep going. He hadn't wanted to include her, but it had happened.

Elyane said it might not be possible for her to ever find a dragon, but he wasn't going to ask why. It was also a rarity to find an egg let alone a dragon baby or an older dragon that you would accept as your other half? The young thief did nod when the young lady said that if it were to happen he would be welcome. [color = # ff6600] "I'm flattered, but i ceep you to it." [/color] he grinned and smiled in a soft tone in his voice.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Sun 20 Dec 2020, 17:59
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back That was not the whole story. Faxe continued, telling her that he had a certain amount of time to pay off his debt. Two thousand gold coins within three years. Not something a random citizen would be able to gather easily. If he did not, however, the man would finish the job. Elayne did not need to hear it out loud to be able to know it meant he would be killed. She was silent for a moment, taking in the story. "How much do you still owe him?" Was he making good progress or was his future looking bleak? It was a reminder of how unequal the world could be and how some used it to their advantage.

Elayne smiled, letting out a quiet exhalation of amusement as Faxe told her he would keep her to it. She knew she would never own a dragon, but maybe others she knew would end up with one and she could have him meet their dragon.  
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 23 Dec 2020, 00:19
She asked how much Faxe still needed for the amount he would eventually have to get rid of his debt. This was a question he would have preferred to avoid. It was in her nature to help where she could and if it was so that she might jump in. The young man looked away for a moment. He wanted to solve it himself, and he dont wanted to pull Elanye even further into the water than how far she was in it that might drown her in his misery. The young thief could just get some air himself so far was the water for him, but his thoughts were flooding him right now. He himself was not sure whether the money he now had with him would be enough and if it was he could only cause her unnecessary misery?! 'Fortunately, I am already three quarters of what it should be. The none of what I have with me now will have to be added to be sure of how much could possibly be missing. Don't worry, the things are going well now, I still have enough stuff stored at home to leave immediately if needed. " his tone indicated that he was sure of his case. the young man also looked into the young woman's eyes again. Hopefully it was enough to reassure Elayne. Faxe could put all that stuff to the debt, but who could tell him that it would be enough then? So the young thief wanted to make sure everything would be right.

His nausea slowly started to get worse. Other than the drinks and fruit, Faxe had not yet had much to eat. Plus the stress that now passed through him to stop pulling the young lady next to him further into his ill business caused a real fight inside his body. Something that Faxe had seldom experienced and was not very firm when it happened.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Wed 23 Dec 2020, 16:12
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back There was a moment of silence after Elayne had asked how much he still owed the man. One in which Faxe looked away for a moment. It was clear that he had not wanted to talk about this subject at all and maybe she had pushed too far with her questions. Before she could apologize, however, he gave her an answer. He was already three quarters along the way and what he had with him now would be added to that as well. While it did sound like he was trying to avoid her from getting involved, Elayne knew that she should not press the subject. Not when he was uncomfortable talking about it.

"I hope you'll be free of it soon." When he had paid off his debt, he could start working towards his future. In a way, she knew how that felt. Having a weight press down on your shoulders all the time, not sure what tomorrow would bring. Life was certainly better without it. "Do you have any plans for when it's done?" she asked, trying to steer the conversation into something more positive.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 24 Dec 2020, 22:54
Her look had already betrayed something before Faxe had spoken in what seemed to be an apology, but the young thief found that she did not want to apologize after his last words, and he preferred it that way. She didn't really need to hear this, but it had been his own choice and it actually felt good now that he had been able to share it with someone he trusted and was comfortable with outside of his mother and the elders he often came with over the floor into their village. She hoped he got rid of it soon. Something the young man could only nod in agreement with. Yes he wanted that too. Elany asked what he would like to do next. It was a question he had been thinking about for some time. 'To be honest, I'm not sure yet. There is so much to choose for, but I do think it will be something that will have to do with traveling. Earlier I had thought of buying a piece of forest and becoming a lumberjack, but that idea has not appealed to me for a long time. I can never sit still for long at home. Even when I help my mom with her work. Then I catch myself wandering unnecessarily through the village or around it to find peace and quiet. Strangely enough, traveling gives you peace in mind and body. Our mom sometimes tells me you look like a sailor, they also never been ashore for long either. ” he confessed and Faxe could understand that Elayne wanted to cheer him up and that memory was thit so and dissolved the tensions in his stomach began to dissolve. His nausea started to subside and the contractions feeling he had previously had was very strong in his legs also started to disappear. A soft smile even appeared in the corners of his mouth.
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 15:35
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back Elayne listened as Faxe explained that he was not sure what he wanted to do after he had paid off his debt. She could relate to that feeling. If she had not been Lady of Fairview due to her sister's death, there would have been so much to choose from, she had a hard time deciding what path she would have taken.

Something with travelling appealed to him. She smiled, knowing it was one of the things she loved to do as well. "There are lots of jobs which require travelling. I'm sure you can find something you like when the time comes," she answered with a smile. "I'm bound to my city, in a way, but I also get to travel. I would love to see all of Avalance and maybe more someday." She had already seen more than she thought she ever would, but now that there was no one holding her back anymore, only her duties, the options were endless. As long as she did not neglect her work in Fairview. Luckily political meetings were also included in her line of work and they could be anywhere. "Is there anywhere you'd like to go particularly?"
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 21:06
She was a really good listener, besides hating how others were being exploited, Elanye had never once shown any prejudice in her appearance as in her speaking. That was something that pulled Faxe to her and dropped his role as if nothing had happened as if it were snow melting before the sun. The young lady said she also liked to travel herself. At least that was nice. Traveling always calmed the young man and allowed him to make plans without worrying about someone else where eardropping. Elayne herself was tied to the city, yet she traveled a lot. The young thief could understand that. She was a woman who had a lot to do with politics, otherwise she might never have traveled as much as she did now? She would love to see all of Avalance, but the places where he had traveled so far did not even mean that there was nothing else to do in the country or what beautiful things they could both find there. "I think that would be nice to cross all of Avalance and then to be able to admire all the beautiful places." said Faxe almost dreaming, but he knew well that those words were still too far away for now. First he should solve his problems. If he had not had anyone now it might have been different and the boy might have gone on the run... But those were hindsight and doubts that sometimes ran through his head, when things where going bad for some time. His thoughts were interrupted when Elayne asked him a new question. Where would he ever like to travel? 'Where the wind would take me. I don't know, it's something that's too far out of my reach for now, but when that time comes I'll come and bring you the answer myself. ” hFaxe finally chuckled and he began to feel better again. The nauseous and uncomfortable feeling were gone, and while the emptiness brought a healthy dose of tranquility. "Where would you have wanted to go if you hadn't been a lady of rank?" asked the young thief carefully. He didn't know Elayne well enough to start asking her overly personal questions, but this was fairly neutral territory, right?
Waz

Character Sheet
Elayne Couture
Elayne Couture
Lady of Fairview

on Sat 26 Dec 2020, 19:30
I settled my grievance by crafting a mask and I never looked back As she had explained that she loved travelling as well and would love to visit more places, Faxe commented that it would be nice to cross all of Avalance and admire all the beautiful sites. Elayne nodded in agreement. It had been something she had wanted to do ever since she had been whisked away to the Highlands to live in that cursed tower for quite a few years.

"You should think about it. It might be not too far off anymore, despite how it looks right now," Elayne told him when he said he did not know where he wanted to go yet. She had been the same at first, but Aemon had told her to think on these things anyway. And here she was now. The only downside was that Ashax was off-limits until what happened with the war had died down a little. At least she hoped it would.

Where would she have wanted to go if she had not been a lady of rank? The question made her chuckle for a moment. "I do love my hometown, I don't know if I necessarily would want to live anywhere else. But if I could travel anywhere without restrictions, I would say I'm most curious about Ashax. Though that will have to wait for now." She was sure she would get to see it one day.
MONTY

Darktrail

Character Sheet
Faxe Dragonthorn
Faxe Dragonthorn
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 26 Dec 2020, 21:51
Should he think about something that was not certain yet? Faxe glanced at the crowd, who were still talking happily and others were still dancing. What did he actually want to do? The boy certainly did not want to be a thief if it were up to him, much too dangerous. Especially if you were caught by the guards! But there were other jobs that would take him to faraway places and that were bound to be dangerous in their own way. So it might not make life much less dangerous, but it was still difficult for him to think about a future job now that he was not quite sure if he would have the beneficiary to get with one... The young thief just looked again to Elayne when he asked her a question. She said she loved her hometown, but if she could travel without hindrance she would want to travel to Ashax. Faxe had heard of the land within Avalance, but it had been too long and too far away to reach the border on foot alone. Fortunately, he had bought Sage from a farmer and had already taught the little horse some tricks to keep his belongings safe. 'Ashax? Why go there? ” asked the young man, looking at her questioningly. Most gossip had some truth in it, but he would still have to find out for himself if those gossips were true.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum