⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Silence before the storm X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Silence before the storm Empty Silence before the storm

on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 22:20
Her gaze went up to the sky and the clouds there. She knew there was snow coming, but she wanted to hunt a bit more before the snow really hit. After all, you never knew how long it would be snowing, so a bit more hunting would definitely not hurt. She put her cloak around her shoulders and made sure she had everything before leaving the castle. The wind was quite strong today, which meant using a bow would be harder, but some of the traps in the forest might have some animals in them. For a moment she contemplated whether she would take a horse with her or not, but in the end she chose to take one with her. They were faster when it came to traveling and she would be able to carry more fresh kill this way. She climbed onto the horse and steered it out of the castle.
Soon enough she found a good place to leave the horse and tied the animal to a tree, before grabbing her bow and arrows. She would stay close to the horse, but she had already thought out the course she would take and that meant circling around the horse while checking everything. She made sure the horse would stay put and started slowly moving away, keeping all her senses on alert for a possible sound or track that she could follow.

Tag: Tyrr Larsson

Silence before the storm Jason-momoa-gif-icons-3
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

Silence before the storm Empty Re: Silence before the storm

on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 13:16

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr decided to keep his rounds through the forest short today. The sky was turning an ominous shade of grey, indicating that bad weather was coming on. The White Woods weren’t the most fruitful part of the Highlands to hunt and an approaching storm would make that task even harder. Still, Tyrr wanted to gather the catch he’d gained from the traps he had set a day earlier before all hell broke loose. His large frame was barging through the snow. Someone of his stature was pretty easy to spot from far away, even in the forest, which is why he never had much luck in hunting with bow and arrow and relied on traps instead.

After about an hour of roaming around in the thick packet of snow that covered all of the forest, Tyrr was allowed to consider himself a lucky man. One of the traps had caught quite a large boar. The animal had already been worn out by the time Tyrr arrived, so it had been easy to kill. He had slung the massive animal over his shoulders, holding its front legs in his left hand and its hind legs in his right. The remaining traps earned him a few rabbits and hares, which he tied to his belt. Content with the profits, he hauled back to the forest entrance. Once there, he noticed a horse standing around with a woman not too far off. Once he got closer, it became apparent to him that it was his sister in law. He closed in on her and greeted her. “Lora,” he gruffly said. He knew she was here to hunt; her passion for hunting seemed to equal his. “Heading out?” he asked, even though the answer seemed pretty obvious already.

Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 15:46
She did not know whether someone else would be hunting too just before the storm. It was important to hunt as much as possible before a storm hit, since it was hard to know how long a storm would last. Her attention got grabbed by a voice and she turned to see Tyrr, whom had several animals already caught. "Tyrr," She greeted him. He would soon become her brother in law and then they would officially be family. "Yes, I wanted to catch a few animals before the storm hits." Unless the animals had decided to start hiding already since they could sense the storm coming. "If they haven't gone into hiding yet that is." Animals could be unpredictable and especially when it came to a storm.

Tag: -

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 23:00

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr’s back started aching slightly from the heavy boar that rested upon it. However, he wasn’t one to complain about physical strain, so he kept his mouth shut. The red-headed woman greeted him. It was strange to think that they would be family in a matter of time. He had been a guard to Lord Halldor Skarsgård for years, and now he would soon become the Lord of the Skarsgård family himself. He wasn’t entirely sure what to think of it. Lora confirmed that she was heading out to catch something before the storm would usurp the White Woods. He gruffly hummed. “I think I might have already scared them all off,” he then said. He hadn’t exactly been careful when he ploughed through the woods. The animals that he was planning to catch were already trapped, not able to run off anywhere, so he didn’t make sure to hide and cover his tracks. Besides, he was a pretty large, intimidating man. Any animal would see him coming from a mile away.

Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 18:40
She had no idea whether or not there would be anything to catch and it might be true that the man had scared them all away. "It's possible, animals would see you from far away." She was more of a quiet hunter, which meant that animals mostly saw her the moment it was already too late. Whether she used her bow or spiritwalking, she had learned to keep quiet while hunting. "Do you think it's worth trying?" She could always still go back. They should have enough food for any storm, but being extra prepared could not hurt. But wasting energy when it might not be useful was not something she liked doing. There were other things she could probably be doing too. So asking for Tyrr's opinion seemed the better choice now. When she knew what he thought she could always change her plans still.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 23:20

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr had meant his comment in a somewhat funny way, but the fact that his facial expression didn’t change whatsoever made it somewhat hard to communicate that he was joking. Lora agreed that it was possible he had scared every living creature in the forest off. His stature would have made sure of that. Covered in furs and carrying a boar on his back, he pretty much resembled a big, brown bear. “I apologize if I did,” he then said. Lora was a different kind of hunter, relying more on stealthy and agility to stalk and kill her prey. Tyrr looked back at the forest when Lora asked him whether it was still worth trying. “I don’t think so,” he truthfully answered. “The storm is drawing pretty close. I think you’ll be wasting your time.” He looked back at her again. “But you could help me get these home,” he said, nodding down at the rabbits hanging from his belt. The boar was getting quite heavy, causing his neck to ache a little bit. Besides, Lora had a horse with her, which was quite fortunate right now.

death, too,

must be earned
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 14:55
Tyrr told her that she would probably be wasting her time and she did know this might be true. If the storm got here fast she would not even have that much time to hunt before she would need to go back. He offered that she could help him with the rabbits and boar he had brought with him and she nodded. "You can put the boar on the back of the horse." She said. That one should be the heaviest after all and the horse should be able to carry it easily. "We can bind the rabbits to the saddle too, or I could take some from you and we can divide the weight between us." The horse could carry quite a bit, but she could also carry some herself. She got the horse loose from the tree and brought it over to where Tyrr was. This way he did not have to walk any further with his load.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 21 Jul 2019, 20:52

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr was bluntly honest in most things, so he had no qualms about telling her that she would be wasting her time if she were to head out into the forest now. All the animals would have either been scared away by him already, or would have sought out some shelter for the oncoming storm. The sky was starting to look ominously grey and Tyrr sensed that it would start to rain sooner than later. Even summer was harsh in the Highlands, but at the same time he wouldn’t have it any other way. Lora suggested that he put the boar onto her horse, which was a very welcome offer. “Do you have any rope or something?” he asked. He didn’t want his prized catch to drop off the horse midway back to the castle. He walked up to the horse and lifted the boar off his back, which immediately caused him a tremendous amount of relief. He put it on the hind part of the horse, looking over at Lora. It most likely wouldn’t stay on like this.

death, too,

must be earned
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 15:09
She nodded when asked if she had rope. Of course she had some with her. She had after all taken everything she might need when it came to hunting and ropes couldn't really be missed. She opened one of the sacks on the saddle and took a rope out, handing it to Tyrr. It was indeed best to tie the boar to the horse, so that it would not fall of during the trip back to the castle. "Do you need help with the rest?" She offered. Her horse could carry more if needed or she herself could carry some.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 20:45

let me die first
or i will die twice

Lucky for him, Lora preferred to be well-prepared for her hunting trips. Tyrr hauled the heavy boar resting on his shoulders on the rear of the red-haired woman’s horse. Hopefully, the animal wouldn’t mind the sudden extra weight on its back too much. In the meantime, Lora found her way to some rope, handing it over to him. Tyrr made quick work of tying his pretty onto the horse, securing it to the saddle as well to minimize movement during their trip back. He looked up briefly when the grey clouds started rolling over the forest they were currently in. He looked at Lora again when she asked if he needed any help. He took the rope with the rabbits attached to it off of his belt and handed it to her. “Attach it to the saddle,” he ordered, not exactly meaning to command a Lady, but he wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible. He finished up tying the board to the back of the horse and looked up at the sky again. “It’s best if we get moving,” It wouldn’t be too long now until the storm would hit.

Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 04 Aug 2019, 12:26
The clouds were getting darker, which meant it wouldn't be long before the storm would hit. It would be best to get moving as fast as possible, which was the reason she quickly grabbed the rabbits from Tyrr and tied them to the saddle. It didn't matter to her that it had seemed like an order, since it was more important to get as close to the castle before the storm hit. Somehow she was a bit glad she had come across Tyrr instead of having started hunting, since this storm was getting closer faster than she thought it would. She spurred the horse into moving and started walking once everything was tied to the horse. "I hope we get to the castle before the storm hits." She told Tyrr, that would be best. Even though they would still be able to get there if it was just the start of the storm.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 04 Aug 2019, 14:15

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr suspected they still had enough time to make it to the Skarsgård castle before the storm would hit. If anything, he would tell Lora to ride there on her horse by herself, so she at least would evade the bad weather. He didn’t particularly mind walking a mile through the wind and snow. It wasn’t ideal, sure, but he had persevered through worse situations. Lora efficiently tied the rabbits to the saddle and Tyrr watched her for a split second. It was a nice change of pace to have a woman around who seemed to know what she was doing. Once they were done, Lora urged her horse to move and Tyrr started walking in a pretty solid pace. Lora hoped that they would be back home in time and Tyrr nodded. “If we move quickly,” he said. With his large frame, it wasn’t to hard ploughing through the thick layers of snow, so he managed to keep a decent pace while roaming through the forest. If they managed to keep this up, they would be home in time. He side-eyed Lora for a bit. “I think the Corbins have been hunting on our terrain again,” he remarked. He’d spotted some unfamiliar traps around the forest and his own catch had been relatively scarce in comparison to what he would usually except during the summer. It had been happening for a while now, and he was sure Lora had noticed it too.

Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 10:24
She kept quite the steady pace too, since she did want to be back at the castle before the storm really hit. A bit of snow did not matter to her, but once it became a storm you could not even see where you were going and that would be bad. With Tyrr's next comment, her gaze turned more serious. Of course she had noticed the different traps and the fact that there seemed to be less animals to catch. She had hoped to catch them in the act while she was spiritwalking, but she hadn't yet. "I think so too, but I haven't been able to catch them in the act yet." They couldn't know after all if it was her inside an animal or that it was just a normal animal, yet she hadn't seemed to be able to catch them doing it. But their scent had been al over the unknown traps. "Their scent however was all around those traps." She said while wrinkling her nose slightly. She couldn't really know if it was their scent, but it wasn't one of theirs, that she was sure of.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 23:32

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr, with his large build, easily made his way through the thick layers of snow. His height allowed him to make big steps, causing him to plough through the snow with at least some ease. Growing up as a commoner, he’d never had a horse to guide him through environments like these, so he had learnt to just take it the way it was. It was still rather strange that he was living a privileged life now, living within the walls of an actual castle. What was even more strange, was that he would become a Lord soon. Something he wasn’t entirely sure what to think of just yet.

He decided to bring up House Corbin, and their most recent actions. It seemed like Lora had also been bothered by the theft of their prey. Tyrr figured that there would be many people affected. A lot of people living around here had to live off their own catch from the forest. If it was all taken by a house that already easily could pay for their food, people might go hungry or even starve. Tyrr frowned when Lora told him their scent was all around their traps. “Someone should teach them a lesson,” he growled. It was clear that he had no patience for cowardly man like Rhysand Corbin.

death, too,

must be earned
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 30 Aug 2019, 10:35
She knew they shouldn't just let the Corbin's hunt on their territory and if she caught them in the act she would definitely make sure they knew that. So yes it was true that someone should teach them a lesson, especially since they had gone onto her family's territory. "Yes, someone should." Still, she was quite sure Freyja would not want them to start a fight just like that. She would probably want to solve this with words unless there was no other option and of course they would need proof. "If I see them, I will do something." She said. Scaring them a little couldn't hurt after all right? Since they were the ones in the wrong they didn't have anything to say either. Of course she would be careful, if there were too many she might just use her spiritwalking to use one of the animals to scare them. But she doubted that they wouldn't be prepared for any animal that could come their way.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Oct 2019, 01:35

let me die first
or i will die twice

Lord Rhysand Corbin was somewhat of a large child. If he didn’t get what he wanted, he reacted in the most infantile of ways. He was hardly worthy of his title and Tyrr couldn’t fathom why someone hadn’t kicked him out of his castle-seat just yet. Of course, he understood that there were certain systems in place that needed to be respected, but Lord Corbin was a joke and an insult to the Highlands. The fact that he was now bothering Freyja out of pettiness was the final nail in the coffin.

He knew that Freyja preferred the diplomatic approach to his more physical ways, so he wouldn’t do anything unless he was provoked. Lora, however, said that she would undertake some kid of action if she saw any of Lord Corbin’s hunters on their turf. Tyrr hummed in agreement. “If you make an example out of one of them, the rest will listen,” he simply stated. Only a single man had to face repercussions for what he had done, and the rest would understand that House Skarsgård was not to be messed with. Something that Freyja still needed to understand. The castle eventually appeared into sight, which made Tyrr walk a little faster than before. The storm was almost rolling in and he hoped to make it inside before it would hit.

death, too,

must be earned
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 22:13
It might not be what Freyja would want her to do, but they couldn't just let them trespass without any consequences. It was true that making one an example would work best, but she wouldn't do anything as long as they weren't on their territory. Yet they needed to know that they couldn't just come here as they pleased. If need really be she could even use one of the animals of the forest instead of her own skills, but she would need to see about that. "Yes, it's best to give them a message." Diplomatics weren't always the way that would work and that was something Freyja still had to realize. The castle was coming into sight and unconsciously she matched Tyrr's pace and started walking faster too. It wasn't that far anymore, so she was quite certain they would make it inside before the storm would really hit.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 16:11

let me die first
or i will die twice

Lora and he seemed to share the same values. At least, more than he and Freyja seemed to do on occasion. He loved her with all his heart, but sometimes their views on things like politics differed substantially. Freyja’s mind was orientated towards diplomacy and compromise, preferring to reach out to southern houses than to forge alliances with her own people. Tyrr found himself at the opposite end of the spectrum: believing that actions spoke louder than words. Some people didn’t listen to reason, so you had to make them feel it.

Tyrr nodded at Lora’s comment. Exactly. They eventually made their way to the castle, right before a severe storm broke lose in the area. It started snowing heavily, and the cold wind howled against the keep’s walls. He took his prey inside and hauled it through the halls, bringing it to the kitchen staff. He then turned to Lora. “Thanks for your help,” he said. Without her, he would still be stuck in the snow with a boar on his back. “Care for a drink?” There was nothing else for him to do now that he couldn’t go outside, after all.

death, too,

must be earned
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 11:23
Once back inside the castle she made sure that her horse was being taken care off, before she followed Tyrr inside to the kitchen where he was bringing his prey. The storm had now officially broken loose and she could hear the wind howling against the walls. It was best that they hadn't got caught in that storm, since she didn't think they would have been able to make it back to the castle then. She waited patiently till Tyrr had given everything to the kitchen staff and nodded at his thanks. "It was no trouble." She had just been with her horse and it was easier to carry prey that way, especially a boar. Now that her hunt was cut short she really didn't have anything to do now, so she more than welcomed the offer of a drink. "Yes, thank you." She waited for him to grab something to drink before they could go to one of the other rooms.

Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 22 Nov 2019, 12:29

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr dropped off the boar and the small collection of rabbits that he’d caught at the kitchen. Surely, one of his prey would make a nice meal for tonight. The rest would be frozen in and kept for later. Now, it was time to sit out the vicious storm and warm up a little from the cold. Tyrr figured he might as well ask his sister-in-law for company, since she was here already anyway. The woman seemed to be up for a drink, and Tyrr snatched two glasses and a can of ale from the kitchen. He headed to one of the common rooms, where they could sit and warm up a little while they had a chat. It was about time he got to know Freyja’s family a little bit better, after all. He poured the two of them an ale, placing the cups on the table. “There you go,” he muttered, before trailing of to the hearth and getting a fire going. The cold had made its way into his bones by now, so it would take quite some time for him to warm up again. He took a seat on one of the chairs and reached for his ale. “You’re quite the hunter, aren’t you, Lora?” he asked. Tales of her skill had done the rounds around the Skarsgård castle for a long time now. She was a woman who was to be respected, he knew that much.

death, too,

must be earned
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum