⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Déjà Vu Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Déjà Vu Empty Déjà Vu

on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 00:33

No matter all the different subjects his mind had to deal with throughout the day, at the end of any day in particular it returned to the only priority a father could have towards his son. He was constantly thinking about his baby boy, and his wife for that matter. Their survival and happiness was the only thought going through his mind all day. Each decision he made, every law he reformed or made with the permission of his council, it was all because of the both of them. Because along with the future of Mercury Freyr he ensured the future of his people. In his mind, they were the same priority, the same case. If his son had a good future ahead of him, so would his people, as they were to be led by his son and heir.

At the same time he tried to enjoy every moment he could steal with his little family. His responsibilities sometimes came in between his quality time with his wife and kid but he didn’t always let it happen. Just like today. He had decided to clear his schedule, only to fetch his Delaney and Mercury for a walk around the gardens. Even in Caer Scion spring had arrived, at last, and the gardens of the estate his family resided in were fully blooming. He looked over at his wife as they arrived at one of the giant trees in the middle of the gardens. He sat down upon one of the enormous roots, his feet dangling off the edge despite his length. ”I’ll take him while you climb up”, He announced, trying to make sure that she could get up on the wooden structure without harming neither herself nor the one month old baby. He was happy to spend this afternoon with them instead of having his nose buried in reports. After all, he wanted to be a good husband and father, so he could learn more what it meant to be a good Lord to his people at the same time he was being a good family member.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Déjà Vu Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Déjà Vu Empty Re: Déjà Vu

on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 13:42
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Life as a High Lady had never been something Delaney had dreamed of. No, her dreams consisted of sword fights and hunts in the wood. Wind through her hair and the freedom to move where she'd liked. This life wasn't one she would have chosen. Wasn't one she would have wanted but walking here, spring making its way into the snowy Highlands and letting even their most precious flowers bloom, she knew this was where she belonged. Besides Apollo, with her son in her arms. She wasn't free to run and go where she wanted perhaps, but this was another kind of freedom. Freedom to be who she needed to be. And this was better, so much better. She wouldn't trade it for the world, for her son was now her world, together with her husband.

Smiling she lifted the little baby higher to lay him in the strong hands of her husband, knowing he would never let harm come to Mercury. But only when she saw he was holding him steady did she grip onto the branch and haul herself onto the giant root as well. Settling herself slightly against apollo she caressed the cheek of her son. "Spring has finally arrived with his birth." She whispered softly, amazed by the details of the little boy's eyelashes. "He is truly blessed." She whispered and kissed Apollo's neck. "As are we for receiving such a precious wonder." She smiled against his skin, so familiar and soft under her lips. This was all she ever wanted for them. A happy, safe, family. Just the three of them without the cares for the world resting on their shoulders for just the moment. Without the titles and the tasks. Just Apollo and Delaney and little baby Mercury.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Déjà Vu Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 14 Sep 2020, 03:18

Despite the cold, the vegetation in the garden was quite aesthetically pleasing. He loved to wander over the different pathways created by the gardeners. It gave him time and space to breathe and think. Sort his thoughts so he could gain a grip on his surroundings again. He never felt more in control than when he had spent a couple of hours in this garden. At the same time it was relaxing too. Especially now he had his own little family to take with him. Right now he let go of everything, of that urge to have a tight grip on all that was happening around him, his sorrows and worries, until there was nothing left but peace.

Holding his son, having Delaney’s head resting against his shoulder, was a moment of pure bliss. A hum that changed into a soft sigh sounded in response to her words. He carefully moved his hands a bit to wrap Mercury into his pelt a bit more. ”I almost don’t dare to believe the tides have finally turned in our favour”, He admitted. He looked aside, his pale blue gaze finding hers. ”Without you I could’ve never gotten this far”, He said with a faint smile, still a bit uncomfortable being vulnerable around her in public. Luckily they were hidden well enough by the trees and bushes around them. No one would disturb their peace here.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:06
In this moment of silence, she felt like the world could belong to her. Like she was actually... The person she was meant to be? It felt strange and it shook her a bit the thought that she was so much more than she had always believed to be. Without Apollo to guide her to a new dawn, without him she was... Closing her eyes she leaned against him. Hearing his words, knowing he was looking at her. He spoke of tides in their favor but she didn't know whether or not this was real. Ever since the birth of their son she had been distant. Scared of everyone. Everything. "Without you, I would still be that lost little girl... Thinking I could protect everyone with a dull sword." She smiled softly and sighed. "My sister was my reason to live, I didn't realize I was barely living, just surviving for her. With you, I know life. I know the reality." She looked up at him. "Apollo.." She breathed soft and smiled. "Never leave me okay?" She whispered running her finger over her baby's cheek.

Déjà Vu Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 14 Oct 2020, 02:32

It felt like so long ago since they had spent some time together alone. His brain kind of never stopped worrying about anything and everything. He had a lot to take care of, and unfortunately he sometimes caught himself putting his own family second to his responsibility to his people. A mistake his father had made in the very beginning of being married to his mother. He wanted to do better than that. She had warned him for this, and yet.. He tried to shake the thought, and made a promise to himself to check up with Delaney more often.

Her words surprised him a bit, but he didn’t interrupt her. He reached for her hand and supported the back of it while she caressed Mercury’s cheek softly. ”Of course not, my love”, He said, the slight confusion audible in his voice. ”You have never been a lost little girl to me”, He then said. He remembered full well that first day they had met. How they had immediately broken the rules of courting and had run off to the forest together. A scared little girl wouldn’t do that, would she?

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 18 Oct 2020, 22:17
There was one thing her husband deserved, one thing that the man who had protected, loved and even gave her a child deserved. And it was the thing she had never given anyone before. The truth. The whole truth. Reality of what the war against the undead had ment to her. The reason why she had been so persistant to stand by his side as the undying had attacked their homes. The only reason why she had sacrificed the safety of their then unborn child. The opportunity to truly strike those monsters down. The one little chance to find him amongst them. Yet he still lived. She felt it in her blood, her damned blood, ever longing for him while her mind revolted the twisted thoughts and desires.

”Apollo.” She smiled a little saddened while she touched his cheek. She had been so broken down, ever since her son was born and she knew now why. Because there was no protecting little Mercury now anymore. There was no saving his precious soul for he was not within her anymore. She couldn’t protect him with her whole being anymore and it scared her. Kept her up in the dark hours of the night and when sleep came to her, those dark eyes haunted her. Would haunt him.

It was no longer a question of keeping her youth a secret for herself or perhaps so that he would accept her. Keeping her history secret could, no would, result in danger for her son. For her little family. That was not something she would be able to live with, no matter the other side, no matter knowing that Apollo would resent her, would maybe even lock her away. Hide her for the world. Because if she had been so willing to let that monster take her lifeforce and he had been keeping her alive. There was no saying what he had perhaps placed within her emptied bloodstream. And even if he hadn’t done anything to her blood itself, he surely had done something to her mind, what other purpose was there to keeping her alive?

”There are things.. That make me that lost little stupid girl.” She bit her lip hard. Staring at her son. For him she would speak, for him she would face even death itself, so why was this so hard. ”Things you’ve ignored even though you’ve seen them, you ignored them for me and.. even on that first day you knew there was more to me. Or..” She shook her head forcing herself to look upon her husband. ”I’m a lost little girl, but I’ve never been an innocent one, and we need to speak, for the safety of our son.

I am..

I am not good for him.”

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum