⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Call of the wild Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Call of the wild Empty Call of the wild

on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 23:35

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

There was one amazing advantage about travelling to areas he didn’t visit all too often. It was easier to go incognito. There were few people around here that knew who he was. They had simply no idea who the Warden of the North was. It was just a name without a face to them. Today he had decided to make use of that advantage to the fullest. He had notified his guards he would be going outside, but they weren’t allowed to follow him. They had to just pretend he was still in his chamber and he did not want to be disturbed for the upcoming few hours. That gave him time enough to explore the White Wood in peace. And, perhaps, hunt down some prey.

To not draw any unwanted attention, or make anyone suspicious, he had not even taken his horse. His clothing was remarkably less fancy too. The purpose of his garment was to keep him warm and hopefully less noticeable in the forest. With his bow in hand, an arrow ready to fire if the opportunity came, he followed the tracks of what appeared to be a rabbit. He had never hunted in these woods, so he had no idea if there was a water source nearby or not. That would be his best chance to find it, after all..

Call of the wild X10
Yanthe

Character Sheet
Einar Winter
Avalance Citizen

Call of the wild Empty Re: Call of the wild

on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 00:36

Like every morning, he was on the road to hunt. He had his place in the White Woods where he always returned to hunt. From time to time he hunted in another part, as he wanted to keep the variation of the animals in the forest. He's clothes were adapted to the colors of the woods. It wasn't easy to see him as he was a skilled and patient hunter. He waited something hours, hidden, for a prey that would walk in front of him. But for now, he was checking his traps like he did every morning. As he turned his head, he saw something that looked like a moving tree. He narrowed his eyes and silently grabbed one of his throwing knives. With his other hand he grabbed a rock from the ground and throw it far enough to scare the animals and to lure attention of the occupant away from him. He stayed down, waiting for a reaction. If this was a hunter, he was hunting on the wrong side of The White Woods. He held his knife in a good position, ready to throw if any danger came closer. His eyes were focused on the spot where he last saw the 'moving tree'.

Call of the wild Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 15:40

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Hunting in strange territory was a challenge, though one he gladly took head on. He liked to challenge himself. Victory was sweeter when he had to work harder for it. Over the years, he had become a skilled hunter. Perhaps not as trained as someone who hunted every day, but he could manage. Following tracks, recognising the animal that had left it in the first place, knowing where to start looking. He was familiar with all the tricks in the book. In new places it became more difficult to find the hotspots though. Like sources of water, or thick brush that offered protection against the cold.

The only course of action for now was to follow the tracks and hope it would get him somewhere. He kept his attention to the tracks, but he stayed aware of his environment as well. He was, after all, not a hunting dog that only focussed on following tracks. That was a luxury he couldn’t afford here. Therefore he heard the sound of what he guessed was a rock hitting a tree. Which was strange. Animals weren’t really capable of throwing rocks, were they?

The man froze in his movement, letting only his gaze wander over the environment without moving his head. There was no movement anywhere. He hesitated for a second. He was quite sure he was up against another human now. Whatever animal would be around, they would have probably been scared off by the sound of the rock. ”I mean no harm”, He therefore decided to say out loud. Hopefully that would be enough for any potential person sneaking around to at least move in closer, or in the best case respond to his offer of peace.

Call of the wild X10
Yanthe

Character Sheet
Einar Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 01:10

While he sneaked closer, playing attention to not make a sound, he had a better look on the 'danger'. ”I mean no harm”, He saw the bow he was holding, ready to hunt. He appeared from the back, his knives ready to throw. "Who're you?" He commanded. This stranger didn't look familiar and had no right to hunt in his part of the woods. "You better hun in another part of the woods." he said immediately. He said what he wanted to say, without beating around the bush. The person in front of him stood with his back to him. He could see the man had ordinary clothes on, like the people in the village. It was most likely the man was new here, as all the other people knew this was his spot.

Call of the wild Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 12:32

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

So far his little holiday trip. The days he allowed himself to not be a High Lord, not occupy himself with business, were countable on one hand. In the capital it was virtually impossible to take a day off. Everyone knew who he was, and he knew they treated him differently because of it. Minding their words, body language, showing him the respect that came with the titles he held. Right now he was a nobody. And that meant that he was treated as such. The voice behind him was very demanding, a little hostile even. It should make him feel at least slightly worried, as he could not count on his titles to protect him this time.

Instead, he felt a bit amused and excited. He took the arrow off of his bow and put it back in his quiver in an attempt to defuse the situation. He did not turn around yet though. ”My apologies, sir. I didn’t know these parts were claimed”, He replied to the other. ”I’m sure we can solve this in a civil matter. May I turn around?” He continued. For now, he didn’t reveal his name just yet. He was more interested in the course of this conversation if he stayed anonymous for a while longer.

Call of the wild X10
Yanthe

Character Sheet
Einar Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 16:21

He kept his throwing knives in his hand, ready to throw them if he needed to. ”My apologies, sir. I didn’t know these parts were claimed” He kept his mouth shut, listening to what the man in front of him, had to say. He had already stuck his arrow away, but he remained alert. He knew from personal experience that you could never really trust someone you didn't know. ”I’m sure we can solve this in a civil matter. May I turn around?” I waited a few seconds before responding. "You can." he responded eventually.

Call of the wild Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 02:26

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

There were other ways to solve a dispute than using violence. He did not want to fight with this man. Not because he thought he would lose, but because he did not want to make enemies here. He wanted the best for his people, so fighting them did not really fit into that image. He turned around when the other gave him permission to. He faced the man now, giving him the opportunity to notice the throwing knives in his hand. He placed the bow on the ground to show him he did not mean to use it any time soon. "I'm not from around here. I honestly didn't know I couldn't hunt here", He explained again. "Would you mind showing me around? Perhaps we could hunt a bigger animal together", He then suggested. Maybe that could turn the hostility around into a more friendly vibe.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum