⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Beyond the Senses X10
Nath

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Maze Crestel
Maze Crestel
Avalance Citizen

Beyond the Senses Empty Beyond the Senses

on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 18:17

Mazziken ▲
The choice was easy. They would leave for the north. They had been in the Crownlands for quite some time and it was nothing like them to stay in one place for long. They had given many shows along the way. At Crestfall they met another group of gypsies and performers, which they joined. Their shows were impressive, especially because of the variety of different acts. After three months of traveling, they arrived in the Highlands.

Maze performed a lot. Sometimes even on her own. She didn't want to brag, but she was becoming quite famous. She practiced many new things, with her knives, rope dart, and staff. She performed with fire and created enormous fire shows. She'd become a deadly miracle. Where she'd wandered a dark road in the Dragonwatch, she now lived quite a fair life. Yet it didn't seem to be enough. Mazziken was someone to crave for adventure, action, and tension.

This evening too, with a bright moon in the sky, her dart swung around blazing with fire. With the sound of drums in the background, an exciting atmosphere was formed. Two large campfires lit the stage he had created by herself. This had attracted a large audience. Her slender figure moved around easily and her rope dart blazed around her body. The rope wrapped around her leg and she kicked it away again. The dart shot rapidly towards the audience, she had complete control over her rope dart and managed to pull it back perfectly. The dart swung around her neck and the fire illuminated her face. The dart swung back and forth and every single movement, swing, and shot were with intent.

@Delaney Freyr

Beyond the Senses MpvopEI
Beyond the Senses Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Beyond the Senses Empty Re: Beyond the Senses

on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 18:39
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Why had she been entertained? She had stood around a little longer, watched a little closer. The woman danced around with fire. Let the flames control her and controlled them as well. It was in perfect harmony. Deadly weapons with an ease even Delaney did not control.

The dart shot towards her, straight to her face and Del kept standing quietly, watching the women and smirked softly as it was pulled away inches from her face. She hadn't expected anything different from this woman. This Warrior.

She had finally left the castle after weeks and weeks of cradling her son. She had only managed to leave because her husband was watching her son, promised to protect him completely and she needed space, needed air.

She hadn't expected to find this street performer, much less be so intrigued by her. For the first time in so, so long, Delaney felt that pull, the need for interaction. The curiosity.

Waiting till the show had ended Del stepped towards the woman who probably wanted to clean up her stage. She was wrapped in a thick shawl matching the colors of house Freyr, her black and blue dress underneath swished in the airflow but settled at her legs as she stopped in front of the performer. "Hello." She started with a soft voice, looking up at the woman. "May I spare a moment of your time?" A polite smile covered her lips, her guards standing back but never far away. This woman was a warrior that much was obvious. For which side she faught.. that would remain to be seen.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Beyond the Senses X10
Nath

Character Sheet
Maze Crestel
Maze Crestel
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 14 Aug 2020, 02:03

Mazziken ▲
She danced with glowing flames, with the fiery rope dart. She moved around and felt like she entered another realm, where she was one with her weapon. It made her feel strong and powerful, in control like she could take on the whole world. She kept moving and her final act was to destroy some items with her dart. She lashed out at pots and vases, shattered them to pieces with a single effort. She hardly needed to glance at her target and she never missed a single beat.

To leave Dragonwatch had been the right decision. Dragonwatch was the place where she was raised and where she'd lost her parents, where her life had gone from comfortable to survival, where she was almost married off to live a life she didn't want. Now that she was in the Highlands she felt freer, careless, even somewhat redeemed. Life here was different, certainly not easier, but she managed just fine.

The show was over and she started to clear away her stuff. "Hello." As she heard the voice she looked down to see a woman standing at the edge of the stage.  Her hair was long and white, braided neatly along her face. She recognized the colours to be the those of the House Freyr, which implied that she was a lady. Her blue attire also showed her status, it was absolutely majestic. Yet, she didn't feel much for it. Her own past made her rather apathetic towards status, lords, and ladies and all the fuss. "Hello," she responded, her eyebrows sagging slightly in a questioning frown. "May I spare a moment of your time?" Maze felt like she had no choice, but to agree. So, she decided to agree. "You may, since I'm curious now anyway," she responded, turning fully to the lady. Why would a lady from the house Freyr approach her after a show?

Last edited by Maze Crestel on Sat 29 Aug 2020, 00:00; edited 1 time in total

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 14 Aug 2020, 16:43
The woman spoke and she smiled softly. The accent was obvious, she was a Southerner but that had been as expected. These types of shows... People in the Highlands rarely had time for training on such entertainment themselves. Life was hard up here and skills were for survival not show.

The distaste for the south was something Delaney had to swallow for she also knew that not every skill would be found in the snow lands of the north. No.. she needed this particular skill. This woman in her personal arsenal. Even as a mother Delaney had never lost her warrior instinct, perhaps it had even sharpened it more. She had someone to loose now, someone who couldn't protect himself. So she needed an army to protect him from all the evil in the world and especially from one evil darker than all those others. His name still made her shiver, even though the Undying hadn't shown his face to her in months. She knew he was out there, waiting to strike like a viper waiting for its prey. She wouldn't give him the chance ant his woman, this Southerner, she was one of the ones that would stop him, Delaney knew this in her heart.

"Curious you say?" She smirked softly. "Curious about what?" She challenged her a tiny bit. "What is your name?" She proceeded to ask her not to give her the chance to react to the first question. Keeping her blue eyes focussed on those of the woman. Narrowing them slightly.

Beyond the Senses X10
Nath

Character Sheet
Maze Crestel
Maze Crestel
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 29 Aug 2020, 00:14

Mazziken ▲
Why would a lady from the house Freyr approach her after a show? It made no sense to her at all. Or maybe it did. Maze was an exceptional appearance in the North. She looked like a Southern, as she was. What she did was almost non-existent in the North, as the North was just very different from the South. Perhaps that was the reason why she'd caught the Lady's attention.
"Curious you say?" Maze arched an eyebrow at the Lady's smirk. "Curious about what?" Maze got up and straightened her body. She noticed that the Lady's voice sounded rather challenging. Was that meant to be intimidating? "Why a Lady of the House Freyr would approach me, a mere performer," she didn't intend to sound sarcastic, but she couldn't help it. Now she smirked. Maze wanted to get to the point. Yes, she really was interested, she wanted to know, as she felt that the other had approached her with intentions.
"The name is Maze Crestel," Maze answered, since the Lady had asked for her name. "And what is yours?" she asked. Sure, it was a Lady of the house Freyr, but she didn't know with whom she was dealing exactly.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 09:35
A smile smile turned on her lips but it didn't quite reach her eyes. She watched the young woman who tried to understand what Delaney was saying and doing, what her meaning was behind the simple words. When the woman asked her name the light reached her eyes. Maze had called her a Lady of house Freyr. Understandable though a bit dim. "Not a Lady my dear Maze, The Lady of House Freyr." She pointed out. "Delaney Freyr." She explained herself a tiny bit more and looked at her. "And why I approached you is exactly that you are a mere performer. A performer with a deadly skill." She nodded at the ropedart. "Why are you in my city." Her eyes turned to ice as she stared up at her. "Performers are never just that. now are they. Who's paying you and for what."

Beyond the Senses X10
Nath

Character Sheet
Maze Crestel
Maze Crestel
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 20 Sep 2020, 18:22

Mazziken ▲
Well, she was wrong. The woman in front of her wasn't a lady. She was the lady of the House Freyr. A small mistake, yet a whole lof of a difference. This woman was someone big. She was Delaney Freyr. As the lady continued explaining, Maze started to get more and more interested. Esspecially when the words "deadly skill" fell upon her. Maze couldn't help herself but grin. She shifted and straightened herself up a bit. Then Delaney asked why Maze had come to the city. Maze's hand went through her hair. Delaney continued her question and now Maze started to laugh. "Nobody's paying me," she spoke. "Aside from those who hire me to perform. Though I have to admit that the performance market is rather non-existing here in the North," Maze continued, not yet answering Delaney's question. That's when Maze decided to be bluntly honest. "I fled here," she spoke. "I fled from my old life," she continued. "Because I want something else, something different for myself."

Last edited by Maze Crestel on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:28; edited 1 time in total

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:16
As a silent witness she heard the words. Maze Crestel. A performer. Here because she fled, but fled from what. Her old life, that wasn't very.. including. "Something else and yet you're here preforming?" She scoffed soft leaning towards the woman. "What would you want then, a job?" A small grin formed on her lips as she stared at the woman. "Or a husband or what? Talk girl. Don't speak in riddles I have very little patience for riddles."

Beyond the Senses X10
Nath

Character Sheet
Maze Crestel
Maze Crestel
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 11:28

Mazziken ▲
Maze leaned back as Delaney spoke, demanding her to speak clearly, instead of talking in riddles. Maze arched an eyebrow. She didn't like it when others commanded her. Yet, Maze was intrigued by the Lady of house Freyr. The Lady was obviously interested in her, which cause Maze to be interested in the other as well. "That's right," she answered. "First of all, I don't do husbands," she spoke. "But a job might exactly be the thing I'm looking for," she continued. "Of course, I don't want to be tied down like some servant." Now she just watched Delaney, wondering to how she might react. Would she ask why Maze had fled?

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 18 Oct 2020, 22:46
The reply of the woman made her laugh a little. She didn’t do husbands, wasn’t that exactly what Delaney had said over a year ago? Wasn’t that her own believe untill she was thrusted into an alliance with her now husband. Normally Delaney also would have never agreed, but her family had needed it and she.. she had been able to return to her home. To the Highlands. And with that man, who she had never expected to love, she had found a true home. ”Good to hear. I’d rather not have your loyalty falter with love.” she narrowed her eyes. ”Loyalty to me, to my husband and to the money I’ll provide you, for protecting my son.” She had leaned in close, watching her with a darkened gaze. ”And before you ask, there is an undying ready to rip his little heart out. So yes, he needs all the protection you can offer. So name your price, miss Maze.”

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum