⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Leap of Faith 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

Leap of Faith Empty Leap of Faith

on Wed 12 Aug 2020, 23:23

Alright good. Today was the day. After hearing from the news from his father he had made the decision. He had informed his sister that he would finally go to Caer Scion to meet the Warden of the North and pledge his loyalty to him, which he should’ve done weeks before but he had been to focused on rebuilding the damage that had been done by both the Undying and the loss of his cousin. But he had chosen to go, riding out to the capital of the north to well hopefully speak to Lord Freyr. Maybe he could even meet up with Diana in the process since well, he wasn’t considering her as a friend, but she had given some good advice in the end and he needed to thank her for that.

Riding into the northern capital made him look around intrigued. He had been here once before together with his father and his uncle for a matter of the king but he hadn’t taken the time back then to actually enjoy the city. Yet now, now he could take his time. Just enjoying the bustling city that was still quite busy in rebuilding. Would they have heard already about the attack on Dragonwatch? The passing of the Queen? A hum softly resounded and after looking around for a bit he made his way to the castle. Speaking to one of the knights, to tell that Lord Corbin had arrived for a word with the man that was ruling them all. Being led towards the throne room, not a thing he missed. Taking in all the little details of the castle as a whole, enjoying the way it had been build. As the doors opened to the room it wasn’t Lord Freyr he found, it was Lady Freyr. Making him frown shortly.

"Rule one: Don't punch above your weight."
Leap of Faith Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Leap of Faith Empty Re: Leap of Faith

on Wed 12 Aug 2020, 23:37
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
It was quite save to say. Today was not her day. Her husband had left early in the morning and wouldn't return till.. late she guessed. He was busy and with her slowly recovering from the ordeal of giving birth it ment that she had a lot of time to stay indoors. And only indoors mind you.. Since her child was being taken care of she did what every Lady did when their husband was not at home. Sit, smile and handle their shit.

Today was a shit day. Because of course out of all the days the little boy could have taken to come and finally see her husband, he chose this day. The day her husband wasn't at home and she was the one who had to deal with everyone. As soon as she had heard the name drop she had sighed soft and shaken her head. What did he want. Surely it wasn't just a friendly neighborhood hello. And when she saw him come in, that young face she nearly laughed. He was leading a city? But she kept her face in check, emotions off, just like she had learned from her in law's. "My lord Corbin." She spoke his name and got up from the throne, taking a step towards him. "Such a pleasure for you to arrive." She spoke her cold smile dancing on her lips. "I wish you would've send us a raven ahead. We would have prepared for you." Her smile faltered the smallest amount as she watched the child. "Please do tell, with what can I help you my lord?"

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Leap of Faith 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 16 Aug 2020, 15:10

He felt nervous. Though it felt like the right thing to do. He had given it some thought, more than enough thought in fact and it was time to take measures into his own hands. Only in the hopes that Lord Freyr would in fact accept what he was doing. Sure, he knew that he needed to prove himself. But he would try to do just that and more. Pledging his fealty to them. It could enrage his father, or he simple wouldn’t care. There was also the chance that he wouldn’t even notice given that he was lying on a bed now, recovering from wounds. Though he didn’t care. The only true relative he cared for and was still amongst the living was his sister.

But he wasn’t met by Lord Freyr, instead his wife was here. Just his fucking luck. Though he took a short bow for her, like expected from him. If one thing he was in fact mannered and knew how to deal with this kind of pleasantries. ’My excuses milady. But there was no need for real preparations. It’s just a fleeing visit.’ Finn calmly spoke as he shortly smiled at her. ’News travelled to Aeldun that your son has been born and I want to both congratulate you and your husband on the happy arrival.’ The boy hummed. Did he care? In fact he did, because this was the future of the mighty house of Freyr. ’Lord Apollo isn’t around I presume?’ A question that didn’t need an answer since well, he’d been here otherwise.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 09:44
Finn Corbin was just a boy. A child really. What could the Highlands expect from him. Nothing, he was worth nothing and could do nothing for them. Perheps he could hold his own in Aeldun but in the grand sceme of things. He only had a pretty name which would probably save him from losing his head if the king ever decided to root out his northern rivals. Jeran was probably thinking about such things at this very moment. If Ashax could rage a war and claim a crown for themselves. If house Illeon could become royalty. What was stopping house Freyr from seeking the same future. Ofcourse there was one thing stopping them. We don't have the luxury of going on our own. And besides not having the luxury we also do not have the wish. When house Freyr would become the royal house it would rule over all of Avalance. Not just the highlands. No. We would take it all. So in that universe, in that future, what would a little boy with a name that would be loved by the kind be useful for in our court.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Still Delaney leaned a bit forward, a slight mocking smile on her lips as she looked the boy up and down. "My husband is not in the city, he won't be for quite some time. Hours maybe even." She spoke narrowing her eyes as she watched the boy. "So what business you have with my husband either has to wait, till he decides to please you with his presence, or you could discuss it with me in his stead." She stood up from her seat and stepped towards the child. "If that pleases you, my lord?"

Leap of Faith 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 16:54

This was not what he had expected to find here. But well if anything he wasn’t going to turn back to Aeldun for this minor inconvenience. As she informed him that Lord Freyr wasn’t around Finn hummed softly, nodding at her words. He wasn’t sure if he could actually talk to her about the matters he wanted to bring forward to her husband but well, that was something he was going to have to figure out on his own while talking to her. For now, it did seem like Lady Freyr wasn’t all that impressed with him. Which was something he could in fact understand. He was well, young in the eyes of many but in the end that gave them the advantage to maybe try and mold him a little bit as well. Though if anything, he could sense a form of distaste here which wasn’t up to his likings. But he couldn’t loose his cool here. That would make every shot he had at talking to Lord Freyr evaporate.

’That’s unfortunate to hear. But I can discuss these matters with you as well milady.’ Finn spoke calmly, looking her in the eyes and shortly nodding. Yeah, this would suffice for now. ’But first on behave of Aeldun, let me congratulate you on your son. My sister and the council made a gift basket for the occasion filled with pelts and everything that finds it’s home in Aeldun.’ He smiled ever so softly. It was a neat basket with all kinds of things in it, a bunch of pelts, a few little toys scattered around and much more. Though Finn was quite certain that it would never reach the baby but well, at least he had done an effort. ’Can we maybe sit somewhere?’

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 10:59
He had brought something for her. For her child, of course. Did he truly think that she believed him? Narrowing her eyes she watched the man and his 'gift'. Sure it was stuffed full of things. Things touched by his sister, touched by Corbins. As if she could trust that close to her baby's skin. Close to her little...

"Thank you, my lord." She forced a tight smile nodding at a maid to take the basket with. "I'm sure my son would appreciate the furs, certainly with the coming cold." She nodded and walked onwards to another room. Her husband's council usually took their seat here but now the room lay silent, waiting. She sat down in her husband's chair and leaned on her hands. "Please take a seat, my lord." She nodded and watched him her eyes intently focussed on him.

Leap of Faith 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 14:08

Maybe this was to forward of him. Giving out baskets like these. He wasn’t sure what kind of impression his cousin had left on the Freyr’s. But well it was done now so he couldn’t really take it back even if it would end up in insulting them. Right now he couldn’t read much from her face so Finn made the assumption that everything was actually going kind of well. Smiling at her words and nodding. ’Ah yes, the cold. Can’t say I have grown used to it already and it’s only getting worse from this point.’ He hummed softly.

The young Lord followed her into the council room, waiting to sit down until she said he could. Taking a chair on her left looking at her with a short smile as he sat down, placing his hands on the dark wood of the table. ’Milady, can I ask you a question? About my predecessor?’ He wasn’t going to walk on eggshells. No, he wanted to actually know what kind of connection Rhysand had established with the ruling house of the Highlands.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum