Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

Temperatures stopped rising, but have yet to lower as autumn arrives in Avalance. Precipitation is still rare and mostly accompanied by thunderstorms.

Current Event

Long Live the Queen

The Queen is dead. House Aldyr is mourning the loss of their queen, while Lady Zehirah has been crowned Queen of Ashax.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Claude Moore
Mini-avatar : Castles in the air Tumblr_inline_obv1incWfw1sk0hjb_100
IC posts : 65
Alias : Ro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Claude MooreLady of Hallistall

Castles in the air Empty
Castles in the air

on Tue 28 Jul 2020, 00:42
Castles in the air Tumblr_inline_olk9piVfXx1t80jpm_250

Primadonna girl, all I ever wanted was the world

The title of 'lady',-and not just the honourary title she was born with, but the real deal- now that was a step in the right direction. And by step she meant huge leap forward. Growing up, she had always dreamt of being a princess. She thought it was the perfect path for someone as refined and witty as she was. But as soon was old enough she realised that the dream would stay just that: a dream. She had to look for something more realistic, her parents always said. One of the few things they agreed on. And this was the next best thing.

She now lived in an actual castle that once belonged to her uncle. Like most Moores he was scheming and unloyal to the Crown. A royal screwup if you asked her. That would change with her taking the seat. She already had so many different plans to pull this city out of the bankruptcy her uncle had so carelessly created. Using her mother's name was just a small price to pay for all the power the Redmaynes would now have. The power she would have. Plus, it would make mother dear happier than she had ever been. That couldn't hurt, for once. Just as she was looking out over the city, her city, a knock reached her door. A servant came in, informing her there was a guest at the door to see her. He didn't mention a name, apparently. "Send him in." She said, walking back over to the dark wooden desk. She sat down, still not quite used to the feeling of being the one in charge here.

Tag: Thomas Spring

Gown
thank you Sarah!
Thomas Roswell
Mini-avatar : Castles in the air A5ef681b486fdae7f7ebdc63ee677bbf631dfb67
IC posts : 1033
Alias : Wap

Character Sheet
Thomas RoswellAvalance Citizen

Castles in the air Empty
Re: Castles in the air

on Tue 28 Jul 2020, 17:01
Save me from the gallows gallows
After traveling for well over a week, Thomas had received the news that Hallistall was taken over by someone else. Naturally, his mood had taken a fall. Apparently, there were some financial matters that had led to the previous Lord’s downfall and now, the city was taken over by a Lady Moore. He had never heard of any Lady Moore, so he wondered who it could be. Or, more what she was like - as he expected to have never met her.

His moods were quickly lifted upon coming up with some business proposals. As such, he had requested an audience with the new Lady. When he was asked for his name, he had told the guard it was of no importance. After all, anyone could be a Spring. Luckily, he was allowed in and when the door opened, he was… surprised, to put it lightly. He furrowed his brow upon realizing who it was, before laughing shortly and looking around, but there was no one else, which meant…

You?
Evil comes if you call my name
MONTY

I wear this crown of thorns Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts I cannot repair
Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Fri 07 Aug 2020, 00:14

There was a lot that had to be done. She had to pull a city out of bankrupty and also keep the people happy while doing so. But the first thing that really had to be done was for her to appoint a new council. She was smart enough to understand she couldn't do it all by her lonesome, no matter how business savvy she was. She needed people with the right wit and enough experience. But where on earth was she gonna find those people?

Just as she was deep in thought about who to pick and where to search for the others she had a visitor. Her first formal visitor that was. So like she was taught she sat up straight and took a professional stance before she send someone for him. She was doing quite well, she thought. That was, until the person she had least expected walked through the door. Surprise was written all over her face, and she wasn't the only one. For a bit she just stared at Thomas, before shifting in her seat a little to make herself more comfortable. "Me." She said while her lips curled up into a grin. She couldn't help it. "Who did you expect? Someone old, gray and a lot less attractive?" She asked him. She was definitely the best he could wish for in this seat.

Gown

thank you Sarah!
Thomas Roswell

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Fri 07 Aug 2020, 12:41
Who had he expected? Someone old, grey and a lot less attractive? Thomas hummed softly, pulling the corner of his mouth up in a cheeky little grin. “I certainly expected someone who hasn’t seen me naked,” he retorted, awfully glad that there was no one else around to hear him say this. Not that he was ashamed of doing what he had done to Claude - if anything, he was up for trying it again. The thing was that he had come here with different intentions.

He sat down in the seat in front of her chair, leaning back as he raised a brow. “So when did Claude Redmayne become Lady Moore. Is there a husband I should know of?” he inquired. It would be a little sad to hear she was engaged. He preferred her available.
MONTY

Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Wed 12 Aug 2020, 19:43

Why did it always have to be her? Why couldn't the universe just screw someone else over instead of sending her the person that would screw her. Or actually, he had already done that. His comment still made her lips curl up into a slight smile though. Damn that bastard. "So did I." She hummed in an amused tone. She leaned forward just slightly, offering him the sweetest smile in the world. Just to tease him, a little.

A husband, now that was a good question. Would there ever be one? She could get right about anyone now, couldn't she? Maybe even.. No. Back to reality. "My mother is the sister of the previous lord. After his royal screwup it was only fitting that someone more dignified and proficient were to take his place, don't you think?" She explained. Yes she was quite the follow-up, if she said so herself. "And as for a husband," she stated, taking a breath for a second. "There isn't one." She confessed. She tilted her head a little, looking the young man up and down. "Why? Did you have someone in mind?" She then asked with a chuckle. Now that would be an interesting development.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

Last edited by Claude Moore on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 00:45; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Roswell

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 22:51
Claude explained that her mother was the old lord’s sister. That explained how she had gotten the job. A little bit of an odd route for her to become lady, but who was he to complain? Maybe her new position could work in his favor too, as she held the city with the horses. Now, he knew she wasn’t all that great with horses. He was. Surely that just had to work out, right?

When she asked if he had someone in mind, Thomas pulled up the corner of his mouth in an amused grin. “I was just about to propose,” he remarked sarcastically, before shaking his head. “So, I came here for horses.” He raised a brow at her as he spoke. “Now I bet you don’t know which one you’d sell to me. Do you still have someone in charge of the animals?” He wasn’t going to leave here without a few horses, but if she didn’t know what he was looking for, he could get away with paying less.
MONTY

Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 01:01

As she explained how she had been put on the seat of Hallistall she realised just how strange it sounded. Usually she would have been the last one to take over. But in this case her father didn't trust any of the Moores to take over. They didn't have the abilities to pull the city out of bankruptcy like she did. His darling daughter. Now all she had to do was make her father proud.

She couldn't help but grin when Thomas mentioned proposing. "Well go ahead then." She told him with a motion of her hand, offering him the stage. "I'm sure you'll put a nice ringer to it. Speaking of, do you have a ring?" She asked while a laugh escaped her lips. Luckily for both of them he became a little more serious. She wouldn't want to get distracted at her first official business meeting. A tough enough task with him around. He mentioned the horses, of course he did. She hummed slightly when he asked her if she still had someone in charge, wondering how honest she should be. "Truth be told I dismissed the entire council and branch of the family that used to live here." She told him with a sigh. "So no, I don't. I still need to find the right people for the right spots." She sighed, leaning back into her seat. It had been keeping her up at night long enough. If only they would just fall into her lap. The opportunities, not the people.

Gown

thank you Sarah!
Thomas Roswell

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Sun 23 Aug 2020, 21:06
I do, but I left it at home,” Thomas answered when Claude asked if he had a ring. He pulled his mouth into his signature cheeky grin again. “Better luck next time, eh?” He had always had a ring, his mother’s. While Thomas wasn’t the type to get married, it was the one thing he had kept that was hers. His mother had never gotten married, but she had worn the ring in a necklace around her neck. It had been her mother’s before her and her mother before her. Something that would most likely stop with him, but it wasn’t like he had a sibling to give it to.

She had dismissed the entire council and branch of the family that used to live here. Well, that was… unfortunate. She still had to find the right people for the right spots, to which Thomas raised a brow. “You’re telling me that there is no one taking care of your horses,” he hummed. The grin on his face instantly betrayed his thoughts as he leaned forward. “I think we can make something work, don’t you, Claude?” She knew he was good with horses. What he was even better at, was having the correct people to take care of them, his bookkeeping and all he would need to do was sell them. Being able to combine his own business with the keeping of horses here would open entirely new doors, focussing on different lines in different locations. If he could get Riley in on this, it was foolproof.
MONTY

Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Mon 07 Sep 2020, 00:59

He left the ring at home, the bastard. An instant pout appeared on her face as he told her about the unfortunate decision not to come here with a ring in hand. "What if this was your one and only shot?" She asked him while she raised her brows. "I won't wait." She added, trying her best to stay as serious as she could. But it was true, she was taught not to wait on a man. After all, love was irrelevant to her. It didn't exist, it was but a business deal between people. She just needed to find the best deal.

With slight caution she told him that she had dismissed the entire council and the remaining family for that matter. They were simply not up to her standards. Which seemed to cause a certain amusement from Thomas that grew with each word she spoke. "Just the servants, I don't have a cavalry master anymore if that's what you're hinting at." She told him. His next remark made her frown shortly, not quite sure if she should get into bed with him, again. In a business sense of course. "I assume you're after the position? What makes you better than the people my father undoubtedly already has lined up for me?" She asked him, folding her hands together and resting them on her desk. "Except the fact that we work so well together, occasionally?" She said as her lips curled up into her signature smirk.

Gown

thank you Sarah!
Thomas Roswell

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 00:17
What if this was his one and only shot? She wouldn’t wait, Claude assured him. Thomas hummed, raising a brow at the newly appointed Lady in front of him. “Well now, that’d be your loss,” he hummed, mirroring that same confidence she carried so well. They both knew his words were true. If she’d marry some Lord to assure her position, she’d be well aware of what fun she was missing out on.

A cavalry master. She asked him what made him better than the people her father had lined up for her, commenting on their teamwork soon after. “Because none of these people have set up a successful, horse-related business in less than half a year,” he calmly stated. “Lord Moore made a mess of things and you and I both know that I can turn this business into something profitable, as well as…” He bit his lip for a moment, looking her up and down as he leaned back in his seat. “something far more enjoyable.” He was certain they could work together real well. After all, they’d be able to have a lot of fun in this office of hers.
MONTY

Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Tue 08 Sep 2020, 14:45

Castles in the air HneERqW

Primadonna Girl, all i ever wanted was the World
She had always dreaded the idea of marriage. Being bound to one person just didn't sound appealing to her, at all. Or maybe it was the way she liked to envoke her father's wrath with every passing minute in the hopes of getting the attention on her for once. Anywho, it didn't really matter. She would have to settle eventually and until that tragic day arrived she would enjoy every single minute of her freedom. "Same goes for you." She told him with a smile., her confidence never leaving her side.

She knew better than to just hire him on the spot, right here and now. She was never one to follow her heart without leaving her brain behind. In her eyes girls who just fell for a guy and gave him their everything were foolish. She listened calmly to what he had to say, raising her brows at the end of his sentence. A smile toyed at her lips and she humed softly. "It's true that you've set up a mildly succesful horse track, but keeping it as 'succesful' as you deem it to be is just as hard." She said. Maybe he could help her past the break-even point, but who said he would be able  to bring profit to this city? "How will I know you won't just bail after let's say, in less than half a year when things aren't going your way?" She asked him. She needed to know he was in it for the long haul.

Gown

she is passion

embodied,

a flower

of melodrama

in eternal bloom

Thomas Roswell

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Tue 15 Sep 2020, 20:09
Claude mentioned that it would be his loss as well, to which he hummed amusedly. He would never be able to make a commitment that seriously, not after what he had realized all those years ago. Marriage was a promise of forever and Thomas knew he wouldn’t live long enough to support anyone in that way. It was simply unfair to ask. And as such, he had decided to leave the one person whom he would have considered marrying behind. Celeste.

A mildly successful race track, Claude called the business he had set up. She asked how she’d know he wouldn’t bail after half a year when things weren’t going his way. “Because I know a business can’t be run alone,” he explained calmly. “My mildly successful business right now has a bookkeeper and someone ready to devote all her time to the horses - ready for business.” He pulled the corner of his mouth up in an amused grin. “I know an opportunity when I see one. If I say I can turn this place into a goldmine, I will.” He didn’t break promises.
MONTY

Claude Moore

Character Sheet

Castles in the air Empty

on Sun 27 Sep 2020, 21:02

Castles in the air HneERqW

Primadonna Girl, all i ever wanted was the World
If she ever did marry someone that person had to give his all to her. Of that much she was sure. She wanted to be treated like the Lady she now was. Hell, she wanted to be treated like royalty. Queen Claude, that had a nice touch to it. And her future husband better knew how to do exactly that. And keep her satisfied while at it.

She semi-politely questioned his motives. She wasn't about to give such an important position to him in the matter of minutes. He did have some valid arguments though. A business couldn't be ruled alone. Her father had taught her that lesson from a very early age, and just hearing Thomas say it made her frown shortly. Her lips curled up into a smile when he mentioned gold mines. What a coincidence he should say that, when it was the very field of her family's work. "So you have a few employees." She said. "The cavalry master has a whole lot more than you have right now. How can I be sure you can handle that?" She questioned. To her, a racetrack still didn't compare to helping her rule an entire city. "As far as gold mines go, I think I know a bit more about it than you do." A light chuckle left her mouth as she raised her brows again. She wanted to trust him, but he would have to go just a little further to make her consider him for the position. Surely, he could be convincing, right?

Gown

she is passion

embodied,

a flower

of melodrama

in eternal bloom

Sponsored content

Castles in the air Empty

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum