⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Zero - Page 2 Empty Re: Zero

on Mon 22 Jul 2019, 23:27

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

The sudden death of Lord Corbin and the ascension of his son had been the cause of many sleepless nights. The whole situation was strange. Of course it could happen a lord died young, and his successor took his place sooner than expected. His own story was not that much different. His father had died way too soon too. Yet, the circumstances were way more suspicious in House Corbin’s story. He had heard the rumours too. Though as long as nothing was proven, he would get away with it. Besides, a rumour could be spread with the intention to discredit someone, and he would not fall for that. No, the reason why he was on his way to Aeldun was to gauge this new Lord himself. Though, from what he heard now, he was afraid the scale might tip in Lord Rhysand’s disadvantage.

Lady Freyja admitted that she had not been engaged to her husband-to-be yet, but it had already been her intention to confirm his claim to her hand. ”I see”, He nodded. He bit his lower lip for a second before taking another sip of his glass. ”Your engagement has been approved by my administration. There is no reason for his hunters to be in your territory. I shall make sure he is aware of this too. Please do not hesitate to contact Caer Scion if he continues to trespass”, He decided. ”It is my duty to look out for my people. Hence why I need your opinion on a different matter too. I was wondering how reliant House Skarsgård is on its trade with the Glade, and if it would be possible to shift your attention north, beyond the Frozen Abyss”, He then said. The Last Hearth was known for its trade with the more Northern parts, and he wanted to see if the other Houses within his borders would consider shifting their focus there, or elsewhere, so they could close their borders.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 26 Jul 2019, 15:30
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
Freyja had been surprised once she had gotten the request to marry Rhysand Corbin, yet she hadn’t hesitated to turn him down. She had been growing feelings for Tyrr already and had already openly told him she wanted to be with him. How strange would it be if she would accept another men’s hand in marriage while she was in love and was able to choose who she married? Her father wasn’t here anymore to tell her what was best. Political marriages were always better, politically. She knew there was no way marrying with Rhysand had made her happy in any way possible. She was a young woman who had decided who she was going to love for the rest of her life, and now she was paying a rather unfair price for that by being bullied out of her own territory by another ruler.
The red-haired Lady decided to tell him the most logic cause of all these problems and he nodded. ”Thank you, my Lord. I hope you can talk some common sense into him.” She just wanted the troubles between their houses gone. Freyja straightened her back and carefully listened to his next words. She was quiet for a moment, thinking about the answer she was going to give him. ”House Skarsgård is very reliant on our trade with the southern regions, my Lord. House Lochlain is pretty dominant in the north, as you might know, so we have shifted most of our trades down south.” Pretty much all their trade was with the south these days.
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 19:56

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

As his mother had said, Lord Corbin would have to be dealt with. His trip West would be the first step in doing so. Now he heard about these developments, he was curious to how well the young man would listen to his Overlord. He had no choice. He was bound by law, just like all other people under his reign. If he wanted to make it more difficult for all parties involved, then Apollo would anticipate and respond accordingly. Courting a woman was not a crime, yet his response to her saying no was not appropriate. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing. ”I hope so too”, He faintly smiled at her after her words. If not, other measures would have to be considered.

Now they got to the point of his visit. He wanted to know how much his plan would affect her House. He wanted an independent North, but he didn’t want his people to suffer so much they lost faith in him. He didn’t want them to turn against him if he made decisions that would put them in a major disadvantage. After all, they all had to survive winter. A difficult task in the Highlands. ”I understand. You must realise that I am not against your House, or any House for that matter, trading with the South. The reason why I am asking is because I am afraid that somewhere in the near future I will need to close our borders”, He said, not explaining why immediately, but waiting for a response first. He kept his pale gaze on her attentively, because a non-verbal reaction could say more than the words she would carefully choose after.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 04 Aug 2019, 14:32
House Skarsgård and House Corbin had shared the White Woods for many years, until the new Lord had decided he wanted to stir things up in the northern region. Freyja wasn’t happy with these unnecessary developments and had more important things to do than worry about Rhysand trespassing on their hunting grounds. She wanted her people to focus on their job, instead of constantly watching their back if nobody from Aeldun was sneaking up on them to ruin their hunt. She hoped he would listen to Lord Freyr, otherwise, it was going to be a long winter.
Freyja leaned back in her seat as he got to the point. Her house depended on the trading with the south and she didn’t want to cross borders with any of the other houses that traded with the people who lived even further north. Slowly, her eyebrow raised as she heard his words. He was going to close their borders. She looked confused, shaking her head a little as she looked at him. ”Why would you do that?” she asked him, cocking her head to the side just a little. What was he plotting on?
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 21:50

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

It was always a gamble and a risk to share his plans with other people. He knew he should trust his people, but at times it was hard to do so. If word got to the South that he was planning to declare the North independent, then he would lose the element of surprise. Or, even worse, they would prevent it from happening. At the same time, he needed the support of the other Houses. He couldn't just out of the blue make such a decision and expect they would agree. He needed their opinions and insights on the matter too.

Therefore, he carefully mentioned he would close the borders at some point. Sooner than later, even. He could see how she was sinking in thoughts. He gave her the time to process what he had said. Of course, he had anticipated her question. "What I am about to tell you, my Lady, needs to stay between these four walls. Our Houses have been allies for a long time and therefore I trust you to keep this information safe", He started of. He swirled the liquid in his glass for a second before he took a sip of it. Then, he fixed her with his pale gaze.

"We of House Freyr are sick of paying taxes to a King that never shows his face up North. It is not fair that we have to struggle every winter while he comfortably gets fat on a throne that is not even his", He told her. His hatred for the Southerners was clearly audible in his tone. "We will close the borders and demand fair prices and fair taxes", He said. Which was, strategically, the safest answer. It was not a lie, as that was a part of the plan too, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 18 Aug 2019, 22:23
Freyja wasn’t exactly at ease in this conversation. Yes, she had been head of her house for a couple of years now, yet plotting and gossiping had never been something she enjoyed. There were people that did, but not her. Keeping secrets from those she loved and endangering her agreements loyal allies in the south… it simply wasn’t right. She knew that by now she should start playing the political game, something that made her nervous. Luckily for her, she was only a small pawn in this bigger thing. Her house was a part of the north, yet not so important as other houses such as the Corbins or the Lochlains. A soft hum left her mouth at the words of the high lord. He wanted to keep this information between four walls and she feared it already. Did she have to keep this a secret from her beloved one as well? After all, he was going to be a lord soon too.
She slowly raised her eyebrow as she listened to what the man had to say. He was going to close the borders, demand fair prices and fair taxes. For a moment she was quiet, letting everything sink in as she looked at the man sitting in front of her. He was only a couple years older than her, she remembered. ”You’ll be throwing the north in a war,” she slowly said, frowning as she looked at him. Was it really worth it to risk valuable alliances and the safety of his people for just that? They managed to survive through winters, they made it work. Why would they risk everything, just before the winter would come? The King would watch them starve themselves to death from his throne.
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 22:51

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

It was important that his plans were not discussed with anyone else. Not yet. It was too soon. There was a right timing for everything. Just like it was about time that he started to involve the other houses in his plans. He needed their support, and their opinions too. He wanted them to feel like their voice was heard. Because it was. His priority was the well-being of the people within his jurisdiction. So he gave her the time to think before responding. He wanted her honest thoughts. And that was exactly what he got.

At least he appreciated that she didn't just say it was a great idea and he should go for it. No, she genuinely voiced her concerns, giving him the opportunity to respond to them now, instead of hearing later that she did not agree with his plans. "Not if I can avoid it, I won't. It's not my intention to start a rebellion against the King", He said. "All I need is to draw his attention. He has not cared about the North for a long time. I hope my actions will make him consider opening up the dialogue again", He explained. He wanted to try and take the diplomatic route. Or at least, pretend like he wanted that. If he could save lives with it, then he would. Though he still believed that war would be the ultimate end of this conflict.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 23:21
She wondered if he had spoken to the other nobles of the northern region and what they had told him. There would be a couple that gladly went along with his plan, yet she wasn’t so sure about it. The south was important for her house, they traded with them and had alliances with houses there, so it did make the whole situation a little more complicated. She wanted to keep the alliances, they had been there for years, and she also wanted to stay loyal to the man sitting in front of her. It would all depend on how their conversation would go.  
Freyja listened to what he had to say, how he wasn’t planning on starting a rebellion and how he simply wanted to draw his attention. ”I highly doubt the King will consider speaking to you if you close up the borders,” she said, thinking a little about how she was going to phrase her next words. Freyja leaned back in her chair, furrowing her brows as she took a moment to think. ”What if all of this ends in one big war, though?” she asked him, wondering if he had thought about that already. There were some things she wanted to mention, yet she waited until he had spoken now.
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 15:07

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Over the years, not once had the King ever proven to be still interested in the well-being of the people in the Highlands. He wanted that to change. They deserved better. If the King was not fit for the task, then he would rise up and do it himself. Ultimately, it would be for the better. It was only the path towards that goal that could inflict damage and cause grief to his people. She was right. It could end in a war. He was aware of that risk. Yet, he did not believe there was a different way to successfully draw the attention of the Crownlands. Not with the Glade separating them.

"There is only one way to find out, is there not?" He simply said. He was open to suggestions though. If she had a better idea, he would gladly consider the option. "Then we prepare ourselves to give his armies a warm welcome here in the Highlands", He answered her other question. It was better to fight enemy forces on known territory, so they could take advantage of the environment.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 17:55
Freyja had her eyes slightly narrowed as she listened to the words that her superior had to say, quietly overthinking the plans he had just told her about. Closing the borders would end in war, probably not the smartest move to make just before the winter would reach Avalance. A soft hum left her mouth as he said that there was only one way of finding that out. He wanted the north to prepare, to give the King’s armies a warm welcome if they set foot here.
The red-haired woman shook her head a little, leaning back into the comfortable couch, swirling the liquid in her glass around before she took a sip. ”Have you paid attention to what is going on in the Crownlands?” she decided to ask him, looking up from her glass and locking her piercing blue gaze in his. She had. House Skarsgård had alliances with tons of houses in the south. What did they say? Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. And they made a profit out of them as well. A little smile appeared around her lips. She did really love politics.
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 22:31

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Her critisism was entirely correct. From her point of view, closing the borders was devestating to the trading alliances she had with the South. As she had shared, those were important for the survival of her people. But he believed that there were viable alternatives. She didn't have to depend on the Glade or the Evergreen to survive winter. Besides, he would only close the borders after. He was smarter than to risk his people not being able to see the next spring. They had time to prepare and he had time to make his plans more solid. When the timing was right, he would act, and not a moment sooner.

His pale gaze was focussed on the fire for a while. Watching the flames was always quite calming to him. He took a sip of his drink as she asked her question. "Trust that I am not blind to what happens outside my borders", He said. That would have to be enough information for her. "Is there a reason why you're asking'? Something you wish to share?" He then returned the question. It was a very specific question. He felt like she hadn't brought it up out of nowhere.

Zero - Page 2 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 12:44
Deep down she found the political games thrilling. She had always been intrigued by the placing around of pawns and the stirring of certain alliances. Her father had been quite good at it, and she hoped that she had picked up enough from him to be even better. She wanted to put her house on the map, even though her house might not even be there anymore in some months when she married Tyrr. They would forge a new house, one with an ancient bloodline of northern people. And she wanted them to thrive, to grow, to be part of the game.
Freyja eyed the man as he spoke, nodding a little at his words. Of course, he wasn’t blind. ”Well, as you probably have heard, then,” she spoke, not knowing if he had the same information she was going to tell him right now, he might, he might not, ”Ashax and the Crownlands are slowly forging more and more alliances together.”
+ tagApollo
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Zero - Page 2 Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 20:19

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Information was the key to success. The more intelligence he had, the better he could adjust his plans to it. Leaving nothing up to luck. It would be rather stupid to go in blind. Just like his father before him, and as was tradition in most higher ranking households, he had his own network of spies. Ruled by his Mistress of Whispers, who did an excellent job so far. She had been pulling strings here and there for years. And now she had been granted a place on his Small Council as a reward for her hard work. He knew he could trust the information she provided. And thus, he was already aware of the knowledge she shared with him.

"Marriage is a powerful political tool, is it not?" He said, confirming that he knew about the recent ties between houses in the Crownlands and Ashax. The latter was their enemy. They had been for centuries. They were their biggest rival, though Apollo didn't want to focus on that battle anymore. Yes, he still wanted to be King. But if Ashax got the Crownlands under their rule, then so be it. He just didn't want them to set foot in the Highlands. Those were his and his alone.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum