⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
In my end is my beginning Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

In my end is my beginning Empty In my end is my beginning

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 01:19
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
She was alone, lately she had been alone so much.. The pain of the little wonder inside of her had turned worse with each passing moon. She had tried to hide it but in the end hiding herself away with the pain all for herself had seemed like the best option. There had been stories, whispers in the halls. Maids believed she wouldn't survive the birth of their new lord. At first Del had scoffed at these whispers. Sneered at those she managed to hear, but as time slowly krept on she started to fear the same thing. These pains could not be normal.. She hadn't missed the facts from around the world. Even as a small girl she knew the reality. Mothers often die in childbed. Bathed in their own blood, life fading from their eyes as their little one came to the world. How her mother in law had managed to give birth to so many children without dying she didn't know. Maybe that was just a sign just how strong of a woman Ceres was. Delaney doubted she could be this strong..

A wave of pain hit her, deep within her belly, making her double over, grabbing the big buldge which protected her unborn child. A loud groan slipped over her lips and she managed to sit down on the ground, hugging the lump that was her child tight. Tears welling up. Her child would not wait any longer, her child would come, she knew it in her bones. She knew it in her soul. And with the birth of her child she would die, would she not? How would she survive this pain. Laying her head back she stared up at the ceiling. Breath ragged. Unknown to her that her water had just broken with the heavy pain. She just sat there as her dress soaked through, staring up at the ceiling, whispering words to the gods, wether they would listen was a different story. But she prayed to them once more for the safety and health of her baby. Never for her own life, for her life would be his. She didn't dare pray for more than one thing. Even if the gods listened to this small request. They surely wouldn't grant her two wishes.

Another wave of pain hit her, this time loud enough for her to scream along with it as her body twisted and she gasped for breath. It was time, it was so close to time, she knew she should call for help. Call for anybody. But aside from the scream that had lasted seconds no sound left her lips. Who could help. Who would help.. Nobody could take this pain away. Nobody could safe her at the end of the line. This was her fight, her last battle. Her end and her beginning, for her child would be born today. Her little baby would exist and maybe, just maybe that was enough. That would always be enough.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
In my end is my beginning 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d71763741774a67695045424b673d3d2d3636373134373035342e313537643231366361313032616239353831303138383036323134392e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
Ro

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

In my end is my beginning Empty Re: In my end is my beginning

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 02:07
In my end is my beginning 09baZg0

I've spent a lifetime running, and I always get away

More and more she found herself having to hold her breath and count to ten before she could carry on with her life. She needed those valuable seconds to keep herself from slipping away. Because no matter how much she didn't want to admit to her emotions she couldn't deny them. She didn't understand how it happened. So many lives had been lost in the North not long ago that she didn't care about. That only sent her in a drive to work even harder. To save as many as she could. But did she mourn for the losses like everyone else did? No. So how was it that she could handle countless lives being lost but not that of an unborn baby. One that didn't stand a chance past a certain point. She had never let anything bother her like that did. But maybe, just maybe, she had started to care for the people here more than she wanted to admit.

It made her weak should anyone ever find out. That was why those ten seconds she took so often while at work were so important. It was the time she needed to shove those thoughts and emotions in a place that nobody could reach. She still had a job to do of protecting the city. And she couldn't be absent in doing so because she had ventured out on a mission of revenge. It wasn't her fight, she knew how to control herself. So while she let others mourn, seek wrath and take out their anger she continued to live on the way she always did.

She was just about to focus herself on writing an excruciatingly annoying letter when a sound reached her office and made its way to her ears. A scream of agony and misery. Somebody in the castle was suffering badly. The raven-haired lady instinctively rose from her desk to find out who the call for help belonged to. She might be the mistress of whispers but she had served many years as court physician. Those instincts never really left you. She hurriedly made her way to the castle, running even. She had heard screams like those before and to this day they haunted her. To her dismay her guess was right of where the scream came from. She appeared in the doorframe, finding the Lady Freyr on the ground. Her dress was soaked, arms clutched around her belly. For a second Vesper evaluated the situation like she always did. But it wasn't hard to guess. While the lady might not know what was coming Vesper did. She walked over to the lady, crouching down next to her. "Lady Freyr, it's okay, I'm here to help." She said while her eyes tried to catch those of the blond. She carefully put one of her hands on the lady's shoulder. "It's time, your baby's coming." She then spoke while looking over to the belly. The liquid on the floor said enough. This baby wouldn't wait any longer now that it was on its way. And with all her heart she hoped they would both survive.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

she wears

strength and darkness

equally well.

for she has always been,

half heaven

half hell

In my end is my beginning Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 02:56

Distracted by a stack of paperwork he had not heard the screams himself. It was only when a guard suddenly barged into his office that his focus was pulled away from the reports he was reading. He immediately noticed the panic in the expression of the man. Something was obviously wrong. Something that required his attention. The guard stammered his explanation. Immediately Apollo jumped up from his chair. His sudden movement pushed over the pot of ink on his desk, spilling the dark red liquid all over the parchment. At this moment he couldn’t care less. Delaney had gone into labour and from what he had understood it was not going well.

The guard ran in front of him as he lead the way to the room in which his wife was giving birth. A crowd had gathered in front of it. Before he could say anything though a blood-curdling scream was audible. It made a shiver go down his spine. It took him a few seconds to recover. His mind immediately went to the only person he would trust with a matter this important. He grabbed a servant by her upper arm to grab her attention. ”Get lady Vesper in there, now”, He told her. Another man interrupted him, telling him that the woman was already present.

His jaw tensed for a second as he let go of the servant’s arm with a nod. ”Good. I need this hallway to be empty save for two guards. And send for a nurse. Whatever lady Vesper demands, see that it gets here as fast as possible”, He then gave further instructions. Another scream sounded and his head snapped to the door. This was not good. This could not be good. He then gathered his courage and walked inside of the room. Fear was taking his breath away. His blood turned into ice. He didn’t even dare to think about all the things that could go wrong.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 16:46
A trembling heavy breath was all that slipped from her lips. Eyes wide, staring at the sky beyond the ceiling. Wishing to see her gods, to see any god at this point. Hell even dragons could swoop down now and save her baby. She didn’t mind, she didn’t care. Let Avanti come, let him murder her, rip her apart. Let him save her unborn son.

But it wasn’t Avanti and it certainly wasn’t a dragon that entered her room. That kneeled by her side and took her gaze from the ceiling. It was Vesper. It was.. She blinked once more and stared at the dark haired woman. The words sounded far away but she knew what they ment.. Only now she stared down at the wetness that formed a puddle between her legs. She was in labor.. Her baby.. would come today.. She already knew this, already felt it deep inside, but the reality of it all sinked in with a crashing wave.

The with for it all to end faded with a determined stare at the master of whispers. She grabbed her hand, staring with her deep blue eyes intently at the woman. ”Get him out then.” She whispered, not ordering the woman, not begging her. Merely stating the fact that it needed to happen. Her prince needed to be born, wether she would die during or after the birth did not matter. Her son would live, her son would be born, today.

She barely noticed Apollo standing in the door. But the presence made her smile,breathing a bit ragged. ”I doubt you’ll wish to see this love.. it may be ugly..” Her voice was soft staring at her belly. Knowing the tales. He wouldn’t want to see his wife die. He would perhaps hate their baby for it. She didn’t want him to see her suffer, she only wanted him to have the pure joy of holding their son in his arms.

With that image in mind she groaned deeply once more, looking up at Vesper. Leaving her life and that of her child in her capable hands.

In my end is my beginning 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d71763741774a67695045424b673d3d2d3636373134373035342e313537643231366361313032616239353831303138383036323134392e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
Ro

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 02:24
In my end is my beginning 09baZg0

I've spent a lifetime running, and I always get away

The castle had known so much loss lately. Too much for many of its inhabitants. How could you hold your head above water if you knew you were drowning, being pulled down by the dark forces in the cold water. It was a difficult thing to keep providing hope for the ones around you when all you knew yourself was loss. But that would change today. Today was a day of new life. A new generation would make its way into the world and she was there to guide it. The North would be reborn with this child.

She arrived at the lady's quarters exactly in time. With a quick glance over the room she knew exactly what was happening. Her experienced eyes had been in situations like these before. It wouldn't be easy, it never was with first-time mothers. But she would give both Lady Freyr and her child their best chance. They deserved that much.

A sigh slipped her lips before she quickly walked over, crouching down next to the lady. Looking intently at her, inspecting her almost. The way she grabbed her hand really said enough, this baby needed to get out. Now. The longer they would wait the more complicated it would get. "We will." She told her. She gave Delaney a stoic nod, squeezing her hand just slightly as a confirmation. For a bit her free hand went to the Lady's forehead to feel where her temperature was at. She frowned slightly, before standing up. And just as she did she was met with Lord Freyr himself. "It's good you're here." She spoke before walking over to the guards. In her opinion all fathers needed to see their child being born. But she had no time for thoughts like these right now. "I need towels, lots of towels. Water, ice and get me a nurse. Now." She commanded, sending the guard running somewhere. She turned back to Apollo, waving for him to come with her. "We need to get her on the bed." She told him, already carefully sliding one arm under Delaney's back, the other in the cape of her knee. When they managed to lift the lady, bringing her safely over to the bed she attentively put a few pillows behind her so she was laying slightly upwards. She motioned Apollo to give his hand to Delaney. "Every time you feel a wave of pain you squeeze his hand and Apollo, you'll tell me." She told the two. It would signify the contractions, which needed to become more regular now. "Now, I need you to tell me how bad the pain is, on a scale from one to ten." She said, her cold eyes fixated on her Lady's. It was the only thing significant enough to know how far along they were with the contractions before she would have a further look at the lady. They were at the beginning of a long journey but they would make it through. All of them would, they had to. The clock was ticking, yet she stayed calm like she always did. If anything she worked well under pressure and by this point it was on.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

she wears

strength and darkness

equally well.

for she has always been,

half heaven

half hell

In my end is my beginning Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 06 Sep 2020, 15:35

Of course he knew giving birth was not at all a walk in the park. But he had not expected it to be so violent, so frightening. Delaney was in a lot of pain. Even though she tried to hide the fact she was suffering, there was this fragile aura surrounding her. She was determined yet scared; and it scared him in return. She then tried to send him away. He shook his head, a weak smile around his lips. ”No”, He responded. ”I wouldn’t dare think of leaving your side”, He firmly stated. He then turned his attention towards Vesper, who seamlessly and effortlessly fell into the role of midwife. She bossed around the guards, and him for that matter, but he followed her instructions without any protest. Together they managed to put his wife safely on the bed. He took his position next to her, reaching out to grab her hand when Vesper gestured to him to do so. ”Be honest about it, okay? She’s only here to help, you can trust her”, He added to her words. There was no reason to lie about how grave the pain was. He didn’t want to lose her or their son today.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 09 Sep 2020, 09:21
Pain was rolling through her like waves. Crashing upon her and drowning her in her own sorrowful screams. Chest heaving, hitched breath she stared up at Vesper. Her husband spoke to her and she closed her eyes groaning soft, not able to reply at the instant. She knew he wouldn't leave her. She knew he wouldn't step one step away from her side and she knew that he would watch her die. He would see the life slip from her libs and he would watch as her eyes stilled on his. He would hate his child for it and he would forget her in the years. Would take a new wife a new child and her little prince would be lost. He had to go, had to remember her how she was. Love their son for what he was, not for her life that would be lost in the process.

"Apollo." She whispered staring up at him, her blue eyes focussing on his and a small smile on her lips. "I love you." Better to say it now.. Better to say goodbye while she could right. Vesper spoke and she closed her eyes her breath hitched a bit before looking up at the woman. "Currently I'd rather get stabbed by a dull dagger." A weak smile formed on her lips. "Than feeling like I'm being torn apart from the inside out." She nodded at Vesper and focussed on the woman. "So I don't know, maybe a 12?"

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum