Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice has ended with four lucky people finding an egg and hatching a dragon of their own.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Maer Skarsgård
Mini-avatar : Gypsy Woman Tumblr_ozs895UI6T1v4xmuio8_250
IC posts : 44
Alias : Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Maer SkarsgårdAvalance Citizen

Gypsy Woman Empty
Gypsy Woman

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:19
These chains will not hold me down hold me
A lot was happening these days. Maer did not always cope well with change and as such, she had refused to show her face where it belonged: in their new home up North. Instead, she wandered around the forests of Aeldun, peeking inside the city once every now and then. She wasn’t entirely sure what she was looking for, or what she expected to happen. As long as it wasn’t another person talking of the war they had fought, the losses they had experienced or the new position of her sister.

Today, Maer was walking around in her own body for a change. Not the white paws of the cat, but instead her own two feet carrying her through the city. Her hair fell down in a wave of red, messy from the time she had spent in the forest. More than anything, however, she was hungry. With no coin in her pocket and no will to return back to what was once home, she went for the only thing that seemed to make sense: theft.

Maer rushed up to a young man’s side, to grab whatever he planned to take a bite out of from his hands. She ran a few steps, before turning around and showing him a playful smile. She raised her brows for a moment, before taking a bite and turning around again.
They'll break and fall to the ground
MONTY

Finn Corbin
Mini-avatar : Gypsy Woman 3QLNsYC
IC posts : 75
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Finn CorbinLord of Aeldun

Gypsy Woman Empty
Re: Gypsy Woman

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:28

The young Corbin had been quite busy with all things lord related, it was boring from time to time. But today he was actually out in the city, to get to know the people that lived in the city that was Aeldun. Something he had done quite a lot recently, trying to help out the people that were struck the hardest because of the war or because of the loss of his cousin. Just to connect with those people. Because yes, Finn still had a long way to go before he would actually hold the favor of the citizens of Aeldun. So he was doing everything in his right mind to actually make that happen. Putting more people to work in the brewery, talking to innkeepers and people that had a tavern about the kind of ales he was producing and then some.

With a craving for his lunch, which he had prepared earlier in the castle. He had grabbed the piece of bread that held some kind of meat in between, with just a little bit of seasoning. But before the man managed to grab a bite from it, it was stolen right out of his hands and he just stared at his hand for a second. Pouting. Gaze soon trailing to a redhaired woman that was looking back at him. The audacity that she actually dared to take a bite made him in fact chase after her. Like a little kid. Luckily Finn was quite fast on his feet bridging the distance between them sooner than he expected.

"Rule one: Don't punch above your weight."
Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:34
Maer spent more time in the bodies of animals than in her own. In time, she had started to see change in her behaviour. Parts of her more instinctual, less thought-through than was expected of a young woman such as herself. Instead, she acted entirely on the moment, not taking any possible consequences into account. Today, she had decided that she was hungry. Stealing food was easy, whatever trouble it would get her in? Irrelevant.

Some people gasped as she grabbed the sandwich from his hands, but Maer paid them no attention. As she turned around and took a bite, she could see it in his eyes: he was going to chase her. How fun! On her own two feet there was no chance that she would be faster than him, so it was no surprise that he quickly caught up. She headed into an alley, but soon found herself in a dead end, turning around with her back against the wall and taking another bite of the sandwich, challenging him with nothing but her eyes. If he would try to grab it, she would simply dodge and try to escape again - see if she could finish the thing before he would catch her.
TThey'll break and fall to the ground
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:42

Off course it had to be his sandwich. Off fucking course. The woman that had taken it from him was either completely mad or just simply hunger. Honestly he was hoping for it to be the second, so he could actually justify her actions. This was just unspoken for. It was plain rude to steal a man’s sandwich and certainly when that man was hungry. His stomach was screaming for something in it. Instinct had driven him to shoot after her. Because no, there was no way that he would let this go. At least not until he found out who it actually was that took his food from him.

As she turned into an alley he followed, a grin curling around his lips when he spotted that dead end. Finn slowing down, walking closer to the woman. Narrowing his eyes. ’It’s extremely rude to steal a hungry man his food, certainly if that man would’ve bought you something to eat if one had simply asked.’ A pout appeared on his lips. For a brief second he thought about lashing at her, grabbing her. But there was the slim chance that she would actually dodge him so he just stayed where he was. Staring down at her from where he was standing. ’So, can I get you something else? And in return you give me back my half-eaten sandwich?’

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:50
According to the young man, stealing a hungry man’s food was rude. Not even just rude. Extremely rude. Especially if he could have just bought her some food. But where was the fun in that? She was no beggar needing to rely on another’s money. She was antisocial and far from home. There was a difference. Now, she could have hunted - but hunting on an empty stomach wasn’t a great idea. Which was strange, as you needed to hunt to fill said stomach. A strange world they lived in.

He asked if he could get her something else in return for his half-eaten sandwich. She hummed softly, stretching the sound as she pouted herself, considering his option. Too easy. “No,” she denied him, her voice soft as always. She took another bite off the sandwich, showing him a smile as she watched him. Was he going to leave it here? Was he going to try and grab it from her? For someone who looked like he came from the North, it was strange that she had never seen him before. She had spent a lot of time in Aeldun in her past, simply watching people. They might not know her, but she surely would have seen them.

You new here?” she inquired, before taking another bite.
MONTY

Last edited by Maer Skarsgård on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:00

Finn groaned, yes actually groaned. She was making his life rather difficult right now. Which was only strengthened by the fact that he was getting rather hungry right now. Things like this could result in a few things, Finn blatantly throwing himself into her direction and hoping that he would be able to catch her, the youngster lashing out as people that actually know him could predict or the youngster actually letting it go, taking the higher ground. Not that there would be much left os his beloved lunch which made his stomach rumble. Un-fucking-fair.

He kept his gaze on her for a little while, calculating just how much distance there was in between them. The fact that he was a bit taller than her could play in his advantage, he had proven that he was faster already. ’Define how new?’ He hummed calmly, shortly scratching his cheek. Before moving rather swiftly on his feet and launching at her, trying to grab a hold of her arm. Chances of her dropping the sandwich were big, but he simply didn’t care anymore. She had chosen to challenge him, this was him taking that challenge.

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:05
Define how new. To this, Maer hummed once more. It was a sound that had grown more familiar in her throat over the last few months. She had started to realize that her out-of-body experiences were getting out of hand and had forced herself to experience human interaction at least once a day. While her voice was still soft and fragile, she at least recognized it as her own. She could speak to people again without wanting to run away with her tail between her legs.

Right now, she was challenging him. But just as she was trying to figure out how long it had been since she had last been in Aeldun, he grabbed her arm. She quickly slammed it back, forcing her hand back against the wall, right next to her head and hopefully pulling him along with her, causing them to stand face to face. “So you are new,” she concluded, her voice even softer, yet still audible if he was close enough.
MONTY

Last edited by Maer Skarsgård on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:21; edited 1 time in total
Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:14

If anything, Finn had his fair share of stealing things. It was just different. He had been smacked around the ears multiple times around for doing that and eventually it was smacked out of him. Though he’d never physically raise a hand towards a woman, not in that way. But he needed to do something, so his mind had gone to the next best thing. Grabbing her by the arm in the hopes that he would actually catch her.

The woman slammed her arm back, forcing his hand to shoot up and the boy to step closer towards her. Their faces were so close to one another their noses almost brushed against each other. The softness of her voice making him lock eyes with her. For a weird reason, this one had challenged him and he couldn’t pinpoint why. Hunger most likely. But right now, something about her drew him in and he couldn’t break loose from it. In probably one of the most random moments in his life, he pressed his lips against her without even thinking twice about it. Though, soon as it settled what he did he broke it off. Taking a few steps back, letting her arm go. Just standing there like the total dimwit he was.

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:21
Being close to another human like this didn’t do much to Maer, who was mostly oblivious to any sort of tension between people. Animals, after all, lived a much simpler life. She could see someone naked and fail to see the issue with it until the other person started freaking out, causing her to freak out in return. It had happened before. On multiple occasions. Not a good plan. Even after all those years, she still didn’t understand why people were so prude around nudity.

And then his lips touched hers. Maer’s eyes widened and for a second, instinct challenged her to bash the sandwich in his face, but she managed to squeeze it instead, causing the contents to fall on the ground as soon as she let go. She blinked a few times in surprise as their lips separated again, standing there with one half of the sandwich in her raised hand. Not how she expected this to go.

Eh…” she stammered. In complete and utter astonishment, she held out the piece of bread that was still in her hands. As if he wanted that now.
TThey'll break and fall to the ground
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:29

Whatever weird twist his brain had made that send him into kissing this girl. It didn’t kick in until the moment he in fact kiss her and he saw her eyes widening. Making him pull back that very instance. Finn taking a few steps back, folding his hands behind his back, fiddling with his own fingers. Why did he have to act like this? Could he never not just act normal? Only fucking once? Now he had kissed a perfect stranger and he wasn’t sure how he felt about it. Right now the stranger wasn’t facing Finn the Lord, she was in fact facing the boy underneath it .

A red hue appeared on his cheeks as his eyes moved to the piece of bread. Softly shaking his hand. ’I.. eh.’ He pulled his hand through his hair, biting his lip. ’Sorry? I guess?’ Was he in fact really sorry? Probably not, it felt kind of well himself to pull of something stupid like that. ’Can I maybe invite you to wherever you want to go? Grab something to eat together. Not like a date or anything, just as me saying sorry for my stupid behavior.’ Jeez, the kid was just making it worse for himself right now.

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:35
Well then, it looked like there still were people who could surprise her. Here she stood, astonished, as she held the bread out to him. The young man quickly shook his hand, however, to which Maer promptly dropped the bread on the ground. Now that the contents had dropped already, it wasn’t going to taste any good anyhow.

He said that he was sorry, though it didn’t seem too confident. He asked her to grab a bite together, which caused her to furrow her brow. Wasn’t that like… No, apparently it wasn’t a date. Maer pulled her hand through her messy red hair, trying to understand what was going on. In a moment like this, she wished her more social sister was here to explain the situation to her. People were weird and they liked to remind her of that, it seemed.

You’re strange,” she concluded, short and to the point as she always was. For a moment she fell quiet, considering whether or not to accept his invitation. Her stomach still yearned for food and his odd behaviour was intriguing, so… “If there’s good meat I’m in.
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:45

This was the oddest way of meeting someone for sure. Still puzzled about the fact that he just kissed her now he was basically asking her out. Feeling the need to say that this wasn’t a date. Though in a way it was, but he refused to see it like that. This was just him being kind to someone that stole his food. How fucking weird was the world getting? Really, if he could he’d just turn away right now and march straight to the castle to scream into something. But he felt pressured to not do that, to actually grant this woman a good meal since she well was indeed hungry. His eyes trailed to the piece of bread that she dropped to the ground, making him hum softly. Darnit, that would’ve been one hell of a sandwich.

She called him strange and he chuckled softly. ’Can’t say you’re wrong.’ He hummed shortly. A smile appearing on his lips in the end when she kind of accepted his invite. ’There is a more than decent inn nearby, I think they are serving boar or deer, if that suits you?’ He smiled shortly, stepping out of her way and turning around to start walking out of the alley, motioning her to come with him. ’I’m Finn by the way.’

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:56
In her life, Maer had been in plenty of strange situations. Like being in the High Lord’s room while he was undressed, or accidentally get herself locked up in a room when people were doing inappropriate things. Being kissed for stealing a sandwich, however? That was a first. Especially now that she was asked to join him for food afterwards. Maybe she should steal more often.

There was a decent inn nearby. They served boar or deer, the first sounding good. Deer was something she had a little too much of lately, as they were easy to hunt. “Okay,” she agreed shortly, still using as little words possible to speak her mind. At least it was a step forward from the stuttering. He started walking and she quickly followed, listening to him introduce himself. “Maer,” she answered, not naming her surname either. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn’t.
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 23:07

Finn wasn’t one to throw him things such like kissing someone else. Or well, not when they stole from him that was. If anything he was used to lashing out at the people stealing from him, smacking them around the head. But that wasn’t how a lord should be behaving right? Was this whole job thing actually having more influence on him? Or was this just the combination of him being himself and him being a lord? Because he doubted that lords in fact did stuff like this.

The stranger agreed. Or well, were they strangers now that he had in fact kissed her? Jeez, why did these things need to be so difficult? What he did know though was that the stranger had made him feel like himself again, which was something that hadn’t happened yet since he took the position. Maer. Finn simply nodded. ’A pleasure to meet you.’ Even after the theft and the kiss, yeah. Weird, but pleasant. Soon enough he turned a corner and opened the door for her, smiling at her shortly. ’So, do you often steal or?’

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 23:13
A pleasure to meet her. Well, that much she had noticed. She hummed softly at his words, not really having the proper manners to respond the same. She simply noted what he had said, pondering over the strange situation they found themselves in. Maer did not often kiss and she could still feel his presence on her lips, making her feel rather strange.

He asked if she often stole. A strange question, but strange seemed to be the key word to their meeting. “Not like this,” she admitted. She didn’t steal when she was in her own body. “I usually use a cat.” Well, that wasn’t going to make this conversation any less strange, was it?
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 23:19

Finn didn’t often find himself in situations like these. Dumb situations sure, but situations as in like I just kissed a girl and liked it? Yeah, that didn’t happen much. Though you had liking and liking. Two very different things and he wasn’t yet sure about what kind he was going for here. Super strange, it needed to stop.

As they walked in he shortly frowned at her words. Good, so she wasn’t an actual thief. That was better right? That would make his decision about her easier. Putting it on the she was hungry thing. ’A cat?’ Now he looked really puzzled, finding them an empty table in a corner of the tavern, shortly smiling at her as he was going to sit down. Stopping himself and shortly glancing at her chair, did he need to do that? Confusion hit him right back, so he just sat down. ’How does one use a cat in stealing things?’

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Wed 08 Jul 2020, 00:19
The young man seemed to have trouble understanding what Maer was telling him. She used a cat to steal food when she was really hungry. Or really bored. Those two things really often went hand in hand, as boredom led to the feeling of hunger. She sat down on her chair and tapped her nails on the table for a moment, listening to his question.

My family uses our magic to hunt,” she explained. “We can place our spirits in the body of an animal. A cat, for example.” Spirit Walking. It was the purest form of magic if you asked her, as it allowed someone to be truly one with nature, without the limits of their own body.
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 11:23

Maybe Finn just didn’t want to see what was presented right in front of him or maybe he truly didn’t get it. But it didn’t matter because soon enough the woman started talking to him about it and he smiled softly. Nodding at her words. Spirit walking. Not a magic he possessed yet the kind of magic he heard much about already. Just like his own. Though the fact that he couldn’t use his and that it often presented itself in dreams or other weird stuff wasn’t actually close to truly showing what his magic could do. Unlike hers.

’That must be special, seeing life through the eyes of an animal.’ He hummed softly, a soft smile lingering around his lips as he shortly scratched his cheek. As someone came to their table Finn ordered himself some water and some boar. Glancing at Maer; given that she would order the same apart from the drink maybe. ’You don’t reside in the city itself right?’ Because he’d remember if he had seen her face around. Which he didn’t.

Maer Skarsgård

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:30
It must be special to be able to see through the eyes of an animal. “It’s a blessing and a curse,” she admitted. It was… rather odd. For some reason, Maer felt at ease with the boy - making her more talkative than she normally was. Maybe it was the fact that he was such a strange soul, making her feel a little less out of place than she usually did. “I… For a long time, I stayed away from people. It was easier to be with nature.

He asked if she resided in the city itself, to which she shook her head. “No, we live further down the forest,” she explained. “Or, well, lived, I guess.” As her sister had decided it was time for them to move. How great.
Where innocence is burned in flames
MONTY

Finn Corbin

Character Sheet

Gypsy Woman Empty

on Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:02

Finn tilted his head shortly. ’Can you explain it to me?’ Yes, he was more than intrigued by this. Mainly because he hadn’t ever met a spiritwalker, or well one that came out for it at least. It was a remarkable thing to well see live through the eyes of a bird or a cat or any kind of animal he could think off. The knowledge you could obtain by just flying by, or laying in a room were they were talking about politics. How special. Her telling him it was easier to in fact be alone made him shortly hum. ’I can’t speak for going into nature, but being alone yes. That I can understand is easier.’ Finn hadn’t ever been much of a people person, always on his own training or doing other stuff.

Living further down the road. Making him frown shortly. Past tense even. Could this be? ’Are related to Lady Freyja?’ Finn asked softly, that would be the biggest surprise of all in fact. Or maybe he was terribly in the wrong here, then he’d be kind of ashamed but well. If anything she did resemble the woman he had met before. The lady of the Last Hearth.

Sponsored content

Gypsy Woman Empty

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum