⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Màgoa Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Màgoa Empty Màgoa

on Tue 16 Jun 2020, 14:26

Poisoned. Their little girl had been poisoned? Willa had been poisoned. With that news he had gone home yesterday. The man just couldn’t wrap his mind around that fact. But he knew he had been right about it not being her fault. Not that it would magically let her appear here again, that much luck wasn’t put away for a man like him. So for the umpteenth time he had gone to bed alone in the barracks, spending the night wide awake. Yet not as sad anymore, anger was residing in his chest. Someone had the guts to poison not alone his wife but his little girl as well. Had they known? Probably not right? A number of questions were floating around in his mind, but to none he found an answer.

The morning after he pulled himself out of bed yet again, which was some kind of progress for sure. Yet today, it wasn’t something he wanted to do. Could do. All alone he had gone to the cemetery being met by Vesper as well, though she didn’t stay. She had only placed the little body of his daughter in the little casket that had been made for her. Making the sadness return once again, his heart breaking yet again. How many times could a heart break? One day it would just stop doing that right? Hopefully. His blue eyes were focused on the little gravestone, a dark grey stone with a lighter tone of letters carved into it. 'Here lies Lenox Winchester, beloved daughter. Our little bean.’ Once the grave was filled up he kneeled down, placing his hand into the freshly turned dirt lowering his head for a second. ’Do good okay? Up there. Daddy loves you.’ A soft whisper, nearly tearing him up again.

But he was sure now. There was no way that he would actually rest anymore before he had found the one that had made this happen that much was for sure. Alec looked like a ghost version of himself as he made his way towards the castle. He needed to talk to Apollo. Now.

Last edited by Alec Winchester on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Màgoa Empty Re: Màgoa

on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 17:05

Time was a peculiar variable in life. Even though each day had the same amount of hours, some felt like they were passing much faster. Days became weeks and weeks became months. And then suddenly there was this realisation. Time had passed. The days were gone. Difficulties were overcome, time had healed the wounds and the people had recovered. He still didn’t know how he had actually managed to pull through the immense challenge they had been faced with last winter. But the temperatures were softer now. The little vegetation that flourished up North had started blossoming. Time had passed and change was about to happen, even though not a lot of people knew about it yet.

As he was sitting through the meeting he tried to keep his attention to what was being said. The mines in the Iron Ridge were opened again and the materials were slowly finding their way to the city once more. Their treasury was noticeably more empty than before. It was important the trade of their wares was reorganised as soon as possible, so it was his priority of this morning.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 11:03

Alec had vaguely known about the meeting that was going on in the castle, but the man was missing the fact that it was possibly still going on. So when he had in fact reached the doors, anger still clearly visible on his face he was put to a stop. Which honestly made him want to smack right through that guard’s face. Blue eyes glaring at the man who kept standing still. Looking up at his Lord Commander but not letting him pass in any way. Which made Alec back down in the end. To go sit on a wooden bench near the entrance, staring out in front of him. Playing with the ring around his fingers, feeling the cold material press against his fingertips. A sigh slipping over his lips. Anger wasn’t residing, yet whenever he had the time to stand still there was a moment that he could just break down and cry like a little toddler again but he wasn’t going to break down in the hallways of the castle.

The doors opened up and people were pouring out, which made him slip in to close the doors behind him again. Catching Apollo just in time. Looking up at his Lord, his friend. ’I need to go.’ Four simple words, which in fact weren’t as simple probably. But he wasn’t going to get a no for an answer, that much he did know.

“The water hears and understands.
The ice does not forgive.”
Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:55

The meeting had gone by slower than expected, yet it had been more productive than he had hoped it would be. He was confident their trade could soon enough boost the treasury of House Freyr again. Aside from one small detail. He still had to discuss the tax rates the Royal House put on it. Which would prove impossible for now, he could already tell. They were in debt with House Aldyr now. A price he gladly paid for the safety of his people. Because he was certain the King or one of his advisors would find a way to twist this matter into their benefit, even though it was the King’s duty to protect his subjects as much as it was his as Warden of the North.

Either way, those were issues for later. For now he had other matters to attend to. So he dismissed the meeting and gave some final instructions to the scribe that had noted down all that had been said. Right as he wanted to walk outside too his friend and Lord Commander blocked his way. He took a hesitant step back. Alec closed the door and looked up at him. He looked like abso- words that should not be said out loud. His eyebrows shot up in surprise at his words. He immediately had a million questions. After a few seconds he pulled himself together. ”Have a seat”, He said, gesturing at the chairs around the table. ”Explain”, He then asked after sitting down himself. This was important, he could tell, and he wanted to know what was going on. All else could wait now.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 21:44

Thank god he actually had the decency to wait around and not stumble into a meeting. Though in the man’s mind he couldn’t lose more time anymore. He needed to go. As soon as possible. He needed to avenge Lenox, to get his wife back. Alec just needed to be on his way as soon as was actually possible. But he couldn’t leave, not without telling his friend and his Lord. The plan was their to just have his housekeeper bring over a note while he was already on his way but even then he couldn’t explain it all on paper. As the other took a step back he hummed softly. Trying to keep himself grounded to not lash out, to just be calm. But on one end the man was torn by anger and on the other it was sadness that was pulling and he was soon to be ripped apart. All that emotion it was visible to say the least.

Soon he sat down, staring at his friend for a moment. Taking a deep breath. Where did he start? ’We lost..’ His jaw tensed up, closing his eyes taking a deep breath. ’We lost the baby.’ It was only a faint whisper, yet it sounded so hard into the empty room. Weighing him down more, fearing the fact that he had just spoken those words. Wanting to curl up into a little ball right away, as all those images in his head started popping up again, all those images of him and Willa playing around with the little kid. His heart or whatever that was left of it sunk to his feet again. ’Willa was poisoned before she got here, before we got married. Somebody wanted to kill her, but they took the baby instead.’ He softly shook his head. If he found out who did it. There was not a piece of him that thought to let that person walk around. Not without stripping everything away from them, so they could endure the pain he was enduring now. ’Willa left.’

Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 17 Jul 2020, 01:42

The sudden appearance of his friend and the words he spoke had him overwhelmed a bit. He had no idea where all this came from. It felt very out of nowhere and unlike
Alec to be running away from something. So the question was, what had him so on edge that he felt the need to leave? Where did he want to go, with what goal? He didn’t understand at all. So instead of bothering the other with all the questions going through his mind right now he simply asked him to explain. Then he could focus on the details that were important.

It felt like an icy grip restricted his chest. His gaze betrayed the shock he was feeling at those words. He immediately thought of his own son growing in the belly of Delaney. He couldn’t imagine the pain Alec was going through. The man slumped forward a bit, pushed down by the weight resting upon his shoulders so clearly. He got up and sat down next to the man now, placing his hand upon his upper arm. ”Is it revenge you seek, or do you want to find your wife?” He asked him with a slight frown. He was not quite sure those two things could be combined.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 17 Jul 2020, 13:04

For the grace of Yunuen and Solista he hoped that Apollo wouldn’t even try to stop him. Because there was no way he was about to be stopped. He was going to look for Willa, with the blessing of his friend or not. But the man honestly couldn’t care less. He needed her back. Without her, everything was going to shit quite fast and he couldn’t even stop it. Chasing someone across the kingdom, it wasn’t something that he would ever thought himself of doing. Yet here he was, ready to grab Artrax and leave. Only in the hopes of actually finding her. Though he had a pretty good idea of where she probably was.

His blue eyes had looked up at the other’s face shortly. Seeing that he understood. But after that his gaze drifted to the ground again, feeling utterly empty sitting here. Telling it to someone made it even more real. Lenox gone. His little baby girl, which would’ve been the joy of his life, ripped from them. And for what? For what god awful reason had someone poisoned his wife? The weight of a hand was placed on his shoulder, making him look up again. His question made him hum shortly. ’First and foremost I need to find her. I need to tell her that it wasn’t her fault, that the Gods didn’t turn on her. I need to make this right again, as far as my power go with making it right. Apollo, I can’t go on without her as well.’ Alec voice died out. Jaw clenching. ’But I won’t rest until I find the one that took my daughter away from me.’

Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 01:30

The absence of his best friend at court would mean his insecurities would be poking at the edges of his mind again. He needed his best friend Alec more than he needed the Lord Commander Winchester. He would never admit that out loud though. Not because he saw his attachment to his best friend as a weakness. No, because he feared someone else might see it as just that. He had always tried to appear emotionless when it came to his family and close friends. In the hopes that they wouldn't be targeted by his enemies.

It seemed like this time he was too late, perhaps even not involved with whatever was troubling his best friend. The man had asked him to let him go, no matter the consequences. Once he heard what had caused this sudden decision he knew he had already made the right decision. Alec wasn’t looking for revenge. At least that wasn’t his priority. Above all else he wanted to find his wife. ”I understand, my friend”, He let the other know. ”Go. I will see to it your responsibilities are taken care of until you return”, He went on. Then he lowered his gaze to meet that of Alec. ”But only if you swear to me you will return”, He added. He knew his friend wouldn’t abandon him on purpose, and that finding Willa was his sole goal right now, but he needed the man by his side more than anything and he didn’t want him to forget about that.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 17 Aug 2020, 16:27

Leaving seemed like the best option. He just couldn’t stay here. He needed to find Willa and he would go to great lengths for that. The reason why he was telling Apollo was because he did have the decency he knew that Manea or Captain Falk would take over when he was gone, that wasn’t a problem. But right now he wasn’t here as the Lord Commander. He was here as Alec, a man that had never been more lost than he was right now. Alec had never thought that things like this would have such a great impact on him, but here they were. And well, he just hoped that the other would understand him.

When Apollo gave the all clear he nodded, grateful for this. Shortly lowering his gaze staring at the ring around his finger, taking a deep breath. When the other mentioned one thing he frowned taking a deep breath. ’I can’t say when I will return Apollo, if anything me and Willa need to heal first and I think it might be better for her to do that in her world then up here.. But I will return and I hope that it will be me returning with her at some point. But I’ll write to you the moment I have found her. I’ll always be available for you, that’s my duty. But I need to see this through as well.’ He hummed softly. Alec would never abandon house Freyr, not deliberately. But it would take some time for him to return her that much he did know.

Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 14 Sep 2020, 12:40

There was no man he trusted more to be his Lord Commander than he trusted Alec with that job. Sure, his army had very capable officers. Captain Falk, for example, certainly had the qualities and experience needed to hold that position until his friend returned. The difference was that with Alec he could brainstorm, figure out solutions to issues together, as he was not afraid to express his doubts and worries to him. At the same time he knew they’d be alright. Until he returned. Because he had to, at some point.

”I don’t care how long it takes you”, He therefore said in response to his words. He finally pulled back a chair and sat down as well, crossing his arms in front of him as he leaned on the table. ”I just needed to know that you will, some time in the future. It’s going to be hard and I won’t claim to know how hard your struggle is. All I want you to do is to fight as hard as you can and come back to home after”, He tried to explain again. ”And if there is anything I can do, you let me know too”, He then told him. He would try his best to assist in any way he could.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 27 Sep 2020, 13:19

Off course the man would miss the north. He was the prime example of what the north actually was. And in the end it was the place were he had lived for most of his life. If it hadn’t been for Willa, he would’ve just remained her for the rest of his days. But the feelings he held for her, they were bigger than anything he ever felt. The man needed to try to make this right again. Even though there was no real chance of making it right, since it wouldn’t bring their little girl back anymore. But that didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to try and he was glad that Apollo could understand it.

’I will Apollo, I’ll fight. For her, and for the north if you might need me.’ Alec softly nodded, looking at the other again and taking a deep breath. ’I pray for you and Lady Delaney, that a faith like this will never fall upon you. Because no it’s in no way anything I can describe.’ A short breath of air slipped over his lips as he stared down again. Nodding at his words again. ’I won’t forget it my friend. If anything it would’ve been amazing to see both of our kids grow up together but that wasn’t what the Gods wanted.’ A watery smile landed on his lips as he looked at the other.

Màgoa Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 14 Oct 2020, 02:57

They all had dealt with loss in their lifetimes, as they all had, but losing a child.. He did not even dare to think about what that would feel like. Mercury was in good health, and so was his wife, after almost losing her life while giving birth. Of course he would do everything in his might to make the mourning process easier for his best friend. There was no doubt in that. He wanted Alec to know that. At least he had some spark left in him. ”I know, I would have very much liked that too”, He agreed with a soft nod. ”The Gods work in mysterious ways”, He then added. It was of little use now, but perhaps he would stop feeling guilty. ”I shall pray for your safe return, for the both of you”, He said. Even though he hadn’t had the best start with that blonde assassin, it was clear Alec cared deeply about her, which made him feel slightly protective over her too.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 14 Oct 2020, 12:12

Life wasn’t going how he wanted it to go and that was saying enough about the matter. Alec wasn’t feeling better, most likely he was even feeling worse about this all. Because leaving his home to actually go look for the woman he loved.. It was something he never imagined doing to be fair. But here he was, talking about it with Apollo who seemed to understand it. The moment the other said that he would’ve like that too, a watery smile appeared. ’Who knew huh? Maybe those two kids would’ve grown to actually like each other.’ But that was all up in the air now, something that would never happen and that was the painful reality he had been facing the past few days. His mention of the Gods made him bow his head. Maybe he was right, but Alec was in no state to actually see it that way.

’And I shall pray for the safety of each and every Freyr.’ He softly spoke, like he had always done. A loyal soldier to the end. ’I’m going to start packing now.. I’ll see you again my friend.’ And with those words he stood up from the chair and softly placed his hand on Apollo’s shoulder. He truly had no time to spare anymore.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum