⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Melancholy - Page 2 Gifjeminiicon
Swaas

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Melancholy - Page 2 Empty Re: Melancholy

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 00:24
Emotions. They were something weird and Willa had shut them off rather quickly once she had learned that the pirates who had kidnapped her didn’t care whether she cried or smiled or yelled. So, she had shut them off and only used them when they would come in handy during a contract, or when it was annoyance. Annoyance felt normal, felt comfortable. Alec had, over the course of a couple weeks, managed to change that feeling in annoyance, in a fond feeling, even liking the man. Then he had made her fall in love with him in between her telling him she was pregnant and them marrying. Now, both of them were devastated by what had overcome them. Their whole relationship had been one hell of a rollercoaster that just didn’t seem to want to work out, and that knowledge was planting seeds of doubt in her heart.

Despite that, despite how insecure she felt about their relationship, she knew she loved him, and she knew she couldn’t lose him right now. His lip trembled and on instinct she let her thumb touch it, wanting calm Alec down but she didn’t know how. He shook his head and she let a relieved sigh roll over her lip. Okay, he couldn’t leave her, she couldn’t be without him. So, she begged him, over and over again. He pulled her even closer and lifted her from the couch, making her wrap her arms around his neck. Her head leaned against his shortly before she let her head rest on his shoulder, nose softly pressed against his neck. Soft sobs fell from her lips, but she had calmed down a bit. ”Just… don’t leave me,” she whispered one last time before his request sounded. And just the thought of it, made her realize just how much her muscles ached from crying for hours on end. ”Yes, I’d like that actually” she agreed with him, looking up again and softly, carefully almost kissing his lips. She was looking for comfort with the man, looking for him to take away her pain.

My scar doesn't tell you I survived,
it tells you I avenged.

Last edited by Willa Winchester on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Melancholy - Page 2 Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 00:40

How turbulent their relationship was, he wouldn’t trade it for the world. No, she in fact had taken over his life. In just a matter of time, she had become everything and more to him. In any case, she had slipped into his world quite unseen but she had taken roots, founded her own place almost. Now, the core of that world was crumbling and it hurt. It hurt like nothing else had ever hurt him. This pain, it was indescribable. Even ripping out their hearts wouldn’t suffice to stop what they were feeling right now. But that didn’t mean that he wanted to give up on this. On them. Because if he would do that, there would be no return to who he was before. Right now that was the only certainty in his life. The only thing that would return him back to some sense of normalcy was Willa and in many ways he hoped that he could be that guiding light for her as well. That they would guild each other to better days again.

As her lip touched his lip, he felt a weird sensation pull through his face. It was strange, were his tears and everything else had made him feel ice cold, that simple touch made his skin warm up even for just a little bit. When he lifted her of the couch and her arms slipped around his neck he softly hummed, closing his eyes shortly as he felt her sobbing against his body. ’Never.’ He whispered in a softly reply. Their lips touched and very slightly he pushed back into it. Carrying her up the stairs, the slightest limp still visible but the pain had been almost gone. Yet a new pain had settled, a worse kind of pain. Pushing the door open with his foot and closing it behind them. Thor and Odin would be perfectly comfortable downstairs. Carefully he laid her down on the bed, slipping right next to her, holding her close as he kissed her cheek lovingly. ’I don’t get why this happened to us.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 11:49
Throughout the years Willa had always told herself that she wasn’t in need of someone who would take care of her. Someone who would look after her, but ever since her marriage, she had realized that that had been an illusion. When she had been younger, she had relied on Asher to take care of her whenever they met his crew or whenever they had docked in Kraken’s Lair. Then she had relied on herself to take care of herself once her crew had died, relied on the people she had met to keep her supplied with money in change for contracts. And ever since the road trip, she had relied on Alec. Relied on him to take care of the wound she had sustained during the trip, relied on him to try and take care of her unborn child, relied on him to love her. Even now, as he picked her up from the seating, she relied on him not to drop her.

’Never ,’ that was all she needed to hear him say and she repeated him ”never,” the silent whisper sounded against his skin before she looked up. He pushed back against her lips and she made a soft sound. It was more than a simple kiss, it was a promise. A promise by her to take care of him and a promise by him to take care of her. He carried her up and she softly sobbed, the last of her tears drying on her cheeks and on his neck and shoulder. By the time he put her down on the bed and she released his neck, she finally had calmed down. He came to lie next to her and she turned into him, humming as he kissed her cheek. “I don’t get it either, we didn’t do anything wrong right?” her voice trembled at the question while looking up. Had she upset his gods? Was that what had happened? Now, even she, someone who didn’t believe in any kind of god worried over that.

it tells you I avenged.
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 15:06

There was something about them. Something that was just weird, from that first moment they had met they had started relying on each other, no matter how annoying they thought that the other actually was. But all that eventually ended up like this, the two of them relying onto each other more. More than ever even. Because without each other they would fall apart completely. Like two elements holding each other together, if one was missing the other would just fall into pieces. Break it all into a million little pieces that couldn’t be mended back together anymore if one lost the other. Yet, a vital part had been taken away from them right now and they were trying to make it feel alright again. Trying to make everything fit together without that little part. Which wasn’t easy.

Alec carried her up, like he had wished he could’ve done after their wedding to just have a proper wedding night with her. But the little bean had prevented them from that, or well no his wounds had prevented him from that nothing else. But here they were. A man carrying his wife up the stairs who was sobbing against him, making his heart hurt. Soon as they laid down she turned into him and he wrapped her arms around her tightly, caressing her back lovingly. ’We didn’t. I know we didn’t. We took care of each other, of the little one..’ His voice sounded rather horse from the strain he had put on it. ’I’ll find out whatever happened, whatever took our little bundle of joy away I promise.’ There had to be a reason, sure he couldn’t think of one now. But he was sure that there was something else to this. A thing that they weren’t be thinking off, because no. He wasn’t going to believe that they had done something wrong, that they had angered someone.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 12:02
Their wedding night had been just the two of them hanging out, still in the clothes they had been married in. The blonde vividly remembered Alec promising her that he would carry her up these stairs one day and make up for the fact that he had still been too hurt on their wedding day to do exactly that. However, she doubted that he had wanted to do that under these circumstances. With her sobbing lightly against his neck because the two of them had lost their child. Both of them had probably imagined it completely differently, she at least had.

The warmth of their bed quickly enveloped her in a cocoon of safety and with his body next to hers she quickly sought out the protection of his arms. Never had she doubted the existence or rather non-existence of the Gods, but now, she was terrified that they were punishing her for not believing, for sleeping around, for cheating Apollo, for every single bad thing she had ever done. Which was a lot, which was probably enough to justify taking away her beloved child. The conviction in Alec’s voice soothed her, and the ragged breathing because of the earlier breathing smoothed out. Her nose pressed against his neck. ”I already asked Vesper to figure that out, but I just want the pain to stop Alec, please,” she spoke with that same desperate tone of voice. ”Please,” her voice faded out while whispering. Her body was completely exhausted from all the crying and she had no more energy left to fight the sleep that was creeping up on her.

it tells you I avenged.

THE PIRATE
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 13:14
[quote="Alec Winchester"]

Life had threw them a curveball and not the fun kind. This had been the last thing he had expected to happen to them. Was it really the Gods? There wasn’t a possibility. They had done everything the right way, they hadn’t forgotten one step. Sure, a mishap in steps did happen but they had indeed made that right. No, this wasn’t because of some greater power that was something that he knew for sure. Deep down inside he knew that his faith wasn’t testing him. But what then? His focus went back to Willa, holding her closer. Still scared of losing her, just as much as she was scared to lose him. But he couldn’t put it into words just yet.

Her breathing calmed down, and that on his turn calmed him down just a bit more. Nodding at her words about Vesper. The ask for the pain to stop made him swallow, biting his lip because he wasn’t sure how she wanted him to do that. ’How?’ A faint little whisper as he softly pecked her lips. Because he would, if he knew a way he in fact would do that. But right now, the only thing he could do was actually hold her close. Bringing his hand to her cheek and softly going over it, brushing the marks of her tears away resting his head against hers for a few moments. Vesper was looking out for them, looking into whatever that could've happened. Which was a good thing because if one person could find something it was her.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 16:08
No parent should experience what the two of them were going through. Willa had gone through the loss of her parents, she had gone through that pain while being terrorized by a whole crew of pirates and yet, that didn’t even come close to what she felt now. It was terrible and indescribable and right then and there, she thought she would never get over it. Her life would never return to the way it was and she would always feel empty on the inside, at least that was what she believed while she was pressed close against Alec’s chest. She could probably handle that, she could handle feeling empty for the rest of her life, as long as Alec stayed by her side and the pain would stop.

She asked him, over and over again, to take the pain away and Willa sighed when he asked how, shaking her head. ”I don’t know Alec, I can’t stop it myself, I tried but I can’t, it just goes deeper and deeper,” she whined, breath being pulled out of her lungs, ”I want it to stop,” she repeated against his chest. Once all sadness had gone and only pain and emptiness remained, she had settled, feeling as if sleep was going to wrap her up and take her with. That was what she wanted, just drifting of and not having to wake to this pain ever again.

it tells you I avenged.

THE PIRATE
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 17:18

The way she pressed close to him, it brought some hope. It brought some hope that they would actually make it. That things would get better for them no matter how. But right now, that wasn’t happening. Now, they would wallow in their pain. They would be together yes, but they wouldn’t be together like before. Growing closer to each other for sure, yet turning away from each other at the same time because one did not want to hurt the other or the other way around. It would be a dance, an antagonizing dance were the both of them didn’t even know the right steps too. But right now, they would remain together. Fighting their way through it.

Tears formed in the corners of his eyes yet again, she couldn’t give him the answer. So how could she expect that of him? ’I want it to stop too. I can’t even get how you must be feeling, since you known it longer.’ He whispered shaking his head. ’I should’ve been here from the moment you knew.’ He whispered softly. Holding her a bit closer again, kissing her head. A weak attempt in making her try to feel better again. Pulling the covers over her, so she would be wrapped in a blanket of warmth. Feeling worthless, and that feeling that was settling in his chest. They were married, but he couldn’t mean anything for her at this point.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 19:40
Alec was as desperate as her to stop the pain the two of them were feeling. There was just no way to stop it and it was the worst she had ever felt. ”Our pain…” she spoke softly, worrying her lip slightly. ”Our pain is the same, we’re both suffering from the loss of our child” she muttered while pressed against his chest. He said that he should’ve been there but she shook her head. ”I had… I had this gut feeling, I didn’t want you there, I’m sorry,” she whispered, her voice trembling but all her tears had dried up. There were no tears left in whole her body. No tears left to cry anymore, not because she wouldn’t, because hell, she definitely would if she could, but they jus no longer seemed to come. As if her eyes had dried out, no more fluid left to shed that day.

The sheets were pulled over her and like a little child, she rolled herself up in a ball and snuggled up against Alec. A deep breath rolled over her lips and she closed her eyes. Hoping the darkness would just claim her. Claim her and never give her back, but as sleep finally caught up to her, she realized that she would have to live with that pain again the next day.

it tells you I avenged.

THE PIRATE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum