⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Ruins of Yesterday 3QLNsYC
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

Ruins of Yesterday Empty Ruins of Yesterday

on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 18:14
]

This wasn’t how everything was supposed to go and in the past few weeks he had learned a lot of things. He had learned how he should rule, how he wanted to rule and what the people actually expected of him. But juggling those three things around with every other thing that was thrown at him wasn’t the easiest task in the world. And if anything he hadn’t even gone to see Lord Freyr in all the chaos that had been his life. Which was something he needed to do fast, right? Because it wouldn’t look to good if the southerner who came to take over the house didn’t reach out to the man that was indeed the warden of the north. But he just hadn’t found the time.

And now the young man found himself walking towards the graveyard once again. To keep the grave of his late cousin tidy. Which was something he had servants for in the end, but it was the least he could actually do in the end. Sure, he had never probably shared a word with the guy or not that he was actually aware off. But they were family after all, and right now he was the only family around to actually take care of things. As Finn turned a corner, leaving his guards at the entrance of the graveyard, he spotted a woman in front of the specific grave he’d be attending to today. Shortly frowning. Rhysand had a thing with the ladies apparently. With his hands folded behind his back he softly walked closer, eventually even recognizing the woman. Diana Freyr. Oh boy. The betrothed. ’Sorry for disturbing you milady, I didn’t know someone was going to be around here.’

Ruins of Yesterday 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Ruins of Yesterday Empty Re: Ruins of Yesterday

on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 01:31

Despite their victory over the undead, Diana could not help but feel defeated. The threat had disappeared, yes, but families had been torn apart, people had been killed, and homes had been wrecked. The north was no longer what it once was. This sentiment reflected onto her brother, who seemed to have given up on every last grain of ambition that he had held before all of this. In a way, it disappointed her, as she had really believed he would be the one to seize the throne, to take back what was rightfully theirs.

Now that word was going around that the royal family had hatched dragons of their own, she could only fear for the future. Everything was uncertain. Even her marriage to the late Lord Corbin, which had seemed to be so set in stone, was now gone. Even though the two of them had barely even met, Diana had felt it necessary to come visit Aeldun and say goodbye to the man who would have become her husband. It was strange to think that a man so young, so vibrant, was now lying right beneath her feet. Her tall posture and her pale complexion, paired with the long, dark cloak she was wearing, almost made it look like a ghost was standing over the grave. She then heard a voice from beside her. “It’s alright, my Lord. He is your family. I just came to pay my respects,” she spoke. No matter how she turned it, she hadn’t known Rhysand all that well. “I don’t quite know whether to congratulate you on your new position or whether to offer my condolences.” Perhaps both were in order.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 15:22

Finn jus stared down at the grave, not knowing if he should actually look at Diana. Finn had not yet payed the Freyr’s the respect that they were owed. Which was something he should surely do, hopefully soon whenever he could squeeze in a moment to actually go over to Caer Scion. It had been long overdue and he didn’t want to raise suspicions even more. Finn wasn’t here as a pawn of the south, surely not. He had just been the unlucky man for the job. Not that that would fly with Lord Apollo, or the woman standing next to him. But it was what it was in the end and he held no ill will towards the north. Which was mainly due to the fact that he was actually welcomed here, maybe a bit skeptical at first but that didn’t matter right?

’Aren’t family supposed to be the people you know well? Not a cousin you’ve only seen a few times when you were little?’ The youngster calmly stated, eventually looking up at the woman. A faint smile curling around his lips. ’To be fair, I don’t feel comfortable with either. You probably knew Rhysand better than I did.’ Which wasn’t that hard in the end. No, Finn didn’t know the man his cousin had become he had only heard about him through the tales that were going around town. ’I should give you some time with him. I’d invite you to the castle since a grave yard ain’t a place to talk in the end.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 16:13

In many ways, it felt rather pretentious to be standing here. She had not known Rhysand very well. There had only been indirect talks of their marriage; the war against the undying had made sure that they hadn’t been properly introduced thus far. It seemed like something so far away, that this man would have been her husband one day. Now he would never be, which was easier to fathom that she had anticipated on. The problem was that she was now once again without a husband, all the while she was getting closer to her thirties. Time was ticking for her.

Finn’s words made her look at him, raising a curious eyebrow. Apparently, he hadn’t been too familiar with the late Lord Corbin himself. She shook her head. “I did not know him well either,” she confessed. “There had been talks of our marriage, but I hadn’t even met him yet.” Because that was how things went in arranged marriages, she supposed. Finn offered her some time, but honestly, she didn’t know what to do with herself around here. Was she supposed to talk to him? To voice her grievances with how everything had gone? Rhysand wasn’t here to hear them anyway. “It’s alright. I’m getting a little cold. I’d love to accompany you to the castle, if you don’t mind,” she said. Life went on, after all, even if she wasn’t sure how to do it.

Last edited by Diana Freyr on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 14:46; edited 1 time in total

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 11 Jun 2020, 15:24

Diana stated that she didn’t know him all too well as well and the man shortly nodded. Than what was the use of them standing here next to the grave of a man that they both didn’t clearly know to well? Sure, for the looks of it because apparently those things mattered now that he was a lord. Where he wouldn’t have even considered of showing up to the grave of a relative that wasn’t close to him, now he needed too. Though this wasn’t the grave he wanted to visit, if anything he wanted to return back to Dragonwatch so he could actually talk to his mother about everything, not that she would reply. So yes, in fact that was the reason why he came here rather often, to talk to his mother not to Rhysand. ’Ah yes, sorry to actually insinuate things.’ Sure, he knew how it worked. But that didn’t mean that he actually ever saw it from up close. Maybe that same faith would await him as well?

’Off course I don’t mind milady.’ The man stated. Nodding shortly as he shortly motioned her in the general direction of the castle, walking alongside her. ’I know you are not the one I need to be saying this too, but when you return home could you say to your brother that I do plan on visiting the capital soon, but I’ve been rather busy with putting everything back into order here.’ Finn stated calmly, hoping that she wouldn’t take offence in this at any way, because well offending a Freyr was the last thing that he actually wanted to do right now.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 14:49

It was rather ironic: saying goodbye to a man she had never properly met before. He was the one to have become her husband and yet she couldn’t tell anyone three simple facts about the man. Such was the tragic truth of an arranged marriage. For a few seconds, she couldn’t help but feel like some kind of intruder. It shouldn’t have been her here. It should have been his twin sister, his friends, the people that actually had cared for him and helped him throughout his life, as shortly as it had lasted. But his sister had disappeared along with his death, making for a curious course of events.

Diana shook her head a little. “It’s alright,” she assured the younger man. She could only hope that Rhysand was in a better place now, among Yunuen and the stars. Diana threw a final glance at the grave before walking along with the young Lord of Aeldun. He asked whether she could tell her brother that he would visit the capital soon, to which she nodded. “Of course, my Lord, I’m sure he will want to meet you,” she said. Apollo cared for his people, and therefore she was sure he would want to know what the new Lord of Aeldun would be like. “But take your time. There is a lot to rebuild indeed.” Every city, every village, every settlement within the North needed time to recover from that horrible battle.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 20:25

He could only hope that his father would never put him up with something like that. An arranged marriage. No, that wasn’t something he was keen on. Though he didn’t have much to say about the matter that he knew as well. But he just prayed that Joseph would be to busy with the Aldyr children than with his own yet again. Wouldn’t even take offence on the matter when it came down to this. Maybe this was a bit vague, him and Lady Diana meeting here like this, but if anything that was one of the meetings that in fact needed to happen.

Shortly he hummed, faintly smiling at the woman as they started walking. This felt rather odd. Him being in her immediate distance. Didn’t feel quite right for him to have this position still. ’I’m not so sure though. No offence but I think your brother quite hates the idea of having a southerner in his lands.’ Shortly he hummed, that was his main worry about meeting Apollo in fact. Not the thing that kept him from meeting the man but it certainly played a big role in why he wasn’t trying harder. Shortly he nodded, walking through the gate, shortly nodding at the men that passed them. ’Could I interest you in tasting some of my ale? I need honest advice and who better to ask then a Freyr hm?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 22 Jun 2020, 00:06

Arranged marriages. In her eyes, it had always been somewhat of a necessary evil to her. She had urged Apollo to seize the throne through alliance and diplomacy rather than through sheer force, sparing the life of their people. And Diana, like any other noblewoman, knew very well that forging alliances also meant arranging marriages. It would be hypocritical for her to oppose those marriages, even though she couldn’t say she was looking forward to them. As had been the case with Rhysand himself.

Diana walked along with the young Lord Corbin, her dark cloak swaying behind her in the wind. He expressed his concern with regards to meeting Apollo, pointing out that her brother didn’t seem very fond of southerners. “I’m sure he won’t mind too much, seeing as he has allowed one into his own home recently,” she said, referring to Lady Ophelia who was now part of their family. Her twin brother had become awfully tolerant towards the people of the south lately, to the point that it had become a little worrisome to her. The young man then asked whether she wanted to taste some of his ale, as he was in need of an honest opinion. She faintly smiled. “Of course, my Lord. I would be honored,” she said. Besides, you could always count on a Freyr to be brutally honest.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 22 Jun 2020, 17:21

The kind of marriage that she had fell upon, wasn’t how a marriage should be. But in the end for people like them, yes himself included now, there wasn’t much choice in the matter. They needed to make sacrifices for the greater good of their family. But with him as ruling head of the house though only in position, because in the end things would always go back to his father no matter how he saw it, maybe he could try to make a change. Even if it was just for himself and his sister. Because she too would probably need a husband in due time. Not that he was actually thinking about such matters. But it did come to mind.

’The young Vigneron. Yes. Quite a surprising union. Even we down south frowned about it. Since we are discussing the matter, and even though I don’t owe you an explanation. I’m didn’t come up north to bring ill wishes or anything.’ Something that he did want the Freyr’s to know. Because sure as the son of the hand, he was sure that there would be talks. As far as the young Corbin was concerned he wouldn’t get into the whole mess that that was. He was here to perform his duty towards his family and nothing more. A faint smile had appeared on Diana’s lips and he couldn’t help but smile himself, hoping that indeed she would take a liking in his brew. Guiding her to his study, since he wasn’t going to have a decent conversation with someone in his hall was he now? Soon as they entered he closed the door behind them, walking over to a little table on the side were a fresh pitcher of beer had been placed. The kind of heavier beer, yet with a fruity after taste. Filling up two glasses and walking over to the chairs placed near the fire. ’I just started, so you can be blunt if it doesn’t please you.’ There was always room for improvement.

"Rule one: Don't punch above your weight."
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 11:37

Diana knew that people like her did not have the luxury of selecting their own marriage partner. She was a pawn in a much larger game, one to be sacrificed for the greater good. Of course, she understood why, so she did not complain or protest when it came to these things. Her sister had run off to the south to allegedly be with some commoner, which angered her sometimes. Part of her hoped that she herself would get lucky, the way Apollo had, and would get to marry someone that she could come to love in the end.

Finn noted that the union between her youngest brother and Lady Ophelia was rather surprising, to which she fully agreed. Only months ago, Apollo had been telling tales of rebellion towards the south, and now they were family. Diana couldn’t say she was glad to have a southerner within their home, but Lady Ophelia did seem rather harmless. Besides, Jupiter seemed happy, and wasn’t that what mattered? In the end, all of her siblings had found someone they cared for, except for her. Lord Corbin informed her, in quite a peculiar manner, that he bore no malicious intent. “I don’t believe anyone thinks that, my Lord. You are merely doing your duty by being the successor to your late cousin.” It was a little unfortunate that he was the son of the Hand of the King, however.

Diana followed him over to his study, watching him fetch two glasses of beer for them. She sat down on one of the chairs, flashing him a grateful smile as she was gifted one of the glasses. “Thank you, my Lord,” she said, before bringing the glass to her lips and taking an experimental sip. She examined the taste, the fruity notes, and hummed. “This is good, Lord Corbin. I adore the aftertaste.” It seemed as if the man had a knack for this after all.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 20:58

’Might I inquire about something? The whole getting married thing, without choosing. Does that ever bother you?’ Maybe the young man was speaking out of turn here. But he really wanted to know how she thought about those things. It was a natural curiosity and since she had basically lived through being betrothed to someone else, she would be the best person to ask right? Though, in any way is she would shoot him down he would accept that and just move on to something else. Not dwindle on it because what would he gain by doing that?

’There’s no need to be polite about it. People from the regions aren’t keen on us. But I must say, the region is growing on me that much I can say. But again, it’s not my place to bring the king’s business to this place. Not at all.’ The man softly hummed, his finger circling the edge of his own glass as he leaned back shortly. Eyes going towards the fire for a moment. He was in fact falling for the charm that the Highlands had. Surely, he wasn’t adjusted to the cold or to the traditions within his city, but he was granted an opportunity here. One that he would actually grab with both hands that much was certain. When she took a sip he couldn’t help but turn his gaze to her. A hopeful look in his eyes. This was important to him, more than he could actually say. Sure, he had tasted everything himself and it had been tasted by people he trusted. But Diana Freyr was the first one to actually really taste it. The reaction she gave him made him smile gratefully. ’Praise whoever needs praising, I’m glad to hear you say that. And maybe call me Finn? I’m not used to the whole being a Lord just yet.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 12:53

Out of the blue, Lord Corbin asked her about arranged marriage and what she thought of it. She briefly raised an eyebrow, although she could imagine why it was on his mind. It was the duty of every lord and lady to offer their hand in marriage if it would benefit their house politically or economically. Diana shrugged. “Sometimes, but I remind myself that it is for the benefit of House Freyr,” she told the younger man. It made it easier to carry the burden if she believed that it was for a good cause.

Lord Corbin seemed more aware of the public opinion on him than she would have originally thought. He assured her that he did not want to bring the king’s business to their doorstep. “Our people are distrustful towards the south,” she agreed, “and you are the Hand of the King’s son.” If anything, it was hard to believe that he wouldn’t have some kind of political agenda. “You will just have to earn their trust gradually.” And that would take a long time. Her brother hadn’t seemed to be very keen on Lord Corbin’s ascension, but she wasn’t going to put that out there right now. The man was glad about her praise, and then asked to call him Finn instead. “If that’s what you want,” she said, lingering a little, “Finn.” She preferred to cling to formalities. She never knew people well enough to get informal with them anyway.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 13:30

For the benefit of house Freyr. So that was what marrying was to people from high houses and probably common houses as well, to benefit their own family. Something he couldn’t see happening for himself, but in the end he wasn’t sure what his father would have in mind about that whole matter for him. It was just best that Joseph forgot him as a whole, that would be the easiest and since the man was good at abandoning his children. Yeah no, he didn’t think he needed to be afraid of something like that happening to him, not yet anyways. Shortly he nodded at the words. ’I see yes, thank you for granting me your perspective milady.’

’I can’t say that they are wrong in the matter.’ Finn spoke calmly. ’Yet I am not my father at all.’ But that would also prove a more difficult task for him. Really, sometimes he just thought that his dad had done this to taunt him some more because it certainly felt like it. ’Something I will keep trying for as long as I possibly can.’ No, politics were something he didn’t concern himself with and if that had been his father’s agenda well then he could just pack his bags already and leave again. Shortly he nodded again when she addressed him with his name instead of his title. Which felt better already, though the man wouldn’t break protocol when it came down to her. ’What would you like to see happen to Aeldun?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 14:39

Marrying for love was something commoners did. And even they were smart enough to forge alliances that would benefit them and their families at times. It was the smart thing to do, especially during times like these. Every lord or lady who deluded themselves into thinking that they were better off marrying the person they ‘loved’ were bound to end up in ashes. He thanked her for her perspective on things, although she greatly doubted whether it would be of any use to him. It wouldn’t make marrying a stranger much easier.

He pointed out that he wasn’t his father, which had yet to be proven. “I hope not,” she remarked. In her eyes, Joseph Corbin was one of the greatest traitors there was. A northerner turned southerner. He had sold out his people for money and power. Lord Corbin stated that he would keep trying to earn the people’s trust. Diana wondered whether he was just playing some game, or whether he was some teenager in a rebellious phase in order to agitate his father. For a few seconds, she thought, after he asked her what she wanted to happen to Aeldun. “Preferably, I would see it ruled by a northerner,” she said. “But since that won’t be the case, I would like to see Aeldun swear its loyalty to House Freyr and House Freyr alone.” Just to be sure that there was no ulterior motive here.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 14:54

The house ruled by a northerner. Finn hummed shortly. Yeah that would be a tough one. Certainly because he wouldn’t leave so soon unless he was killed and since that was actually running in the Corbin family, it could just as easily happen to him and he was well aware of that risk. He wondered if his father had been too. A calm expression had washed over his face as he tried to gather something to say. Something that made sense. ’I get why you want a northerner here. And while my father has betrayed the North for the crown, that’s something that is entirely besides me. But I get why you and to extent house Freyr worries about me.’ He hummed. He got it. He’d be wary too.

As she stated that she would like to see him swear loyalty to the Freyr’s, he hummed. It would be the smartest choice if he ever wanted the backing of his people. ’It only seems right to make such a move, because without pledging my allegiance to your brother I’m afraid I’m fighting a lost cause here. The people will never back me up if my loyalty stays with the king.’ The man hummed. He was well aware of all of those things. But Finn, just hadn’t made it to Caer Scion yet. Something he needed to do stat. Which in a way also meant betraying his father. But he had felt betrayed a big part of his life, time to repay the favor?

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 07 Jul 2020, 17:35

House Corbin had been under hot debate once Joseph had taken up the position as Hand of the King. With such an act, their loyalty had shifted from the North towards the Crown. In her eyes, it had done irreparable damage to their reputation. But Finn seemed to be one of those young men who wanted to distance themselves from their father, from their family. The rebellious kind. She didn’t understand why just yet, making her feel like this was some kind of ploy to win them over. Finn stated that his father’s actions did not define him, to which Diana raised a brow. “We will just have to wait and see.” His actions would reflect his loyalty, not his words.

Her suggestion was that he pledge himself and his house to House Freyr, and no one else. The boy seemed more than willing to do so. “I am glad to hear you are so devoted to the North,” she remarked. “We find our strength in unity.” If House Corbin found allegiance with House Freyr, their cause would stand much stronger than before. The Hand of the King’s son choosing the North above the Crown was something that made quite a statement. However, in all her ambition, there was a sliver of honesty. “But denouncing the Crown would be a dangerous thing to do.” Especially for someone like him.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 11:40

Finn nodded at her words. It was clear that Lady Diana didn’t believe him. Which the boy could understand. If he was in her position he wouldn’t have believed him as well. A son, that was send all the way up north now practically denouncing his father and the Crown for that matter. It would be weird. Point was, he never really felt that great down in Dragonwatch or with his family for that matter. Only his sister and his mother had mattered to him. Since Joseph had literally burned all of his bridges. Maybe this was something that had been a long time coming. ’I won’t disappoint you nor your brother milady.’

Strength in unity. That was something he could put himself behind. A short smile lingered his lips as he stared into the fire. Denouncing the Crown and his father. It wasn’t an easy task and maybe he should think this through. Because the wrath of Joseph was something that scared him more than the actual wrath of the king to be fair. ’Even if I meet my end before my time because of it, I would’ve served for your brother and your house. If anything if all of this leads to my inevitable demise, it would be better for the North. So lord Freyr can put someone of his own choosing on the city.’ He looked back at the woman, shortly smiling at her. If anything, this would be better for them in the end right?

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 31 Jul 2020, 17:12

Diana couldn’t even imagine why someone would be so willing to give up their family. Of course, she had had her own troubles with her siblings, but never in a million years would she think about crossing them in any way, shape, or form. Therefore, she was greatly questioning Lord Corbin’s motivations. It could be that his allegiance truly lied with the north, perhaps out of sheer rebelliousness towards his father, but Diana still found it hard to buy. In due time, however, she would find out what his true intentions were. The young man stated that he wouldn’t disappoint her, nor her brother, which briefly made her smile.

She chose to warn him about the possible consequences for his actions, but the boy hardly seemed to mind. He even seemed willing to lay down his own life to serve the north. Diana didn’t know what to make of it just yet. She raised a brow. “It is one thing to talk about sacrifice,” she eventually said. “It is something else entirely to actually lay down your life out of sheer loyalty.” Briefly, she sipped from the beer she had been served earlier. “I do not want you to make any promises that you cannot uphold.” If he were to devote his life to their cause, he was going to have to mean it.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Caro

Character Sheet
Finn Corbin
Finn Corbin
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 01 Aug 2020, 14:09

Giving up his family. Maybe it had been a long time coming. Maybe it was his time here in the north that had actually made him see that he didn’t necessarily need them. That he could fend on his own. Or maybe he was just telling himself that because he did need them. Yet, his decision was made. If he was going to give his fealty it would be toward Lord Freyr. Which would immediately break all bridges with his family, that much he did know. But it was time that he was going to stand on his own two legs, without clinging to his last name, without clinging to the position his father held. No, for Finn this was about being his own person and not about rebellion or anything.

Diana however, kind as she was warning him about the possible consequences, did in fact make a point. It wasn’t something easily to be discussed here with her. But if anything, he stood by his words. ’Let’s just hope it isn’t going to come to that.’ No, another war the North couldn’t handle that right now. It were her last words that made him hum. ’If anything milady, I always keep up my end of the deal. But I’ll leave you to be the judge of that if something should ever happen.’ Finn nodded shortly, looking her straight in the eye. No, he wasn’t one to turn back on his words, to run back home crying.

Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 02 Aug 2020, 16:12

Selling out one’s family wasn’t easy. In a society like theirs, family meant everything. To cross your own kin was a testament to your own character. Diana figured she would need some time to understand where the younger lord was coming from, but at least she would be bringing some kind of impression of him back home.

Loyalty meant a lot to her. In her eyes, it wasn’t something that was simply dropped into a conversation, only to be held seriously for the time to come. It was something that had to be proven time and time again, in the direst of circumstances. True loyalty was sticking it out with someone, even if they were on the losing side of history. And with Lord Corbin, she wasn’t sure whether that was the case. He told her that he would always hold up his end of the deal, but left her to be the judge of it. Diana softly hummed. “Only time can tell,” she finally concluded. She finished her glass of beer and put it down. “I, for one, am curious to see what you will do.”

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum