⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Good Grief Empty Good Grief

on Wed 27 May 2020, 00:08

It felt like years since they had last spoken in private.

In reality, it was only a few months, during which an awful lot had happened. The undying, the war, dragons, Jupiter’s marriage, Rhysand’s death, Nox leaving. It was almost too much to fathom. As much as she wanted to keep her worries to herself, she felt the need to talk to Apollo tonight. No matter their differences, he was still her twin brother, and she felt an apparent need to let him know what she was doing, feeling, thinking. So, she had made way to the solarium, hoping to find him there.

Indeed, a figure was seated in the darkness, under Yunuen’s watchful gaze. Diana slowly came in, closing the door behind her gently. “Apollo?” she asked, her voice a tad more vulnerable than it usually was. “Can we talk?” Of course, she was hoping for a ‘yes’, but there was so much she wanted to discuss that she wouldn’t even know where to begin.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief

on Fri 29 May 2020, 12:41

His physical wounds were healed, but he had scarcely recovered from the damage the battle had done to his mind. It was worse at night. When his brain was quiet there was room for his imagination to drown him in memories of the Undying crashing down upon his army and his city. It was more than just flashes of images. There were scents, sounds and emotions too. He would wake up with his heart racing in his chest, covered in sweat and feeling like he was suffocating. Tonight had been no different. So he had left the room he shared with his wife, so she could sleep in peace.

His usual hiding spot was empty. Bathing in the soft white light of Yunuen he felt safer than any place else in this world. He had almost fallen asleep again when a voice called out for him. He lifted his head and turned it around towards the door, where his gaze crossed that of Diana. ”Of course”, He said, worry flaring faintly through his tone. There was something different in her attitude, which could perhaps be because it was in the middle of the night and everything was automatically more dimmed than during daylight, though he had a feeling it could be more than that.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 01 Jun 2020, 23:53

After everything that happened, Diana figured that Apollo needed, no, deserved a break. She had been in the Evergreen during the invasion, but her ruined home and her wounded brother told her plenty about how it had all went down. He looked better physically, but Diana wasn’t sure whether he would ever be the same again. A weak smile graced her features when he spoke, coming a little closer to him.

“I know this is probably the last thing you wish to think about, but…” she sighed, feeling guilty about burdening him with this after everything. “Jupiter told me something quite alarming. He says that dragons have hatched in Wineport. They belong to the Aldyrs and the Vignerons.” Apollo had probably already heard about it. Everyone tended to know everything before she did, after all. She didn’t even want to think about what a full-grown dragon could do to the world.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 03:04

For a moment he was disoriented. He didn’t immediately recognise where he was. Luckily he realised it only a second later. He felt the tight feeling in his chest ebbing away when he did. There were no threats in this room. Never. This was a safe space. And apparently he was not the only one who felt that way about the solar. He was both surprised and not when Diana entered. He was, however, instantly worried when she admitted she had come here to talk about something with him. She rarely did that. That meant it bothered her a lot.

The dragons. Jupiter had warned him about them as well. ”I’m aware of them, yes”, He nodded. He repositioned himself by pulling up one of his legs so he could wrap his arms around it. ”It worries me too”, He said more quietly. He didn’t want to say it too loud. ”We do have the alliance between our Houses through Jupiter though”, He added. ”I am trying to prepare for it in case it does become a threat”, He then tried to reassure her. The dragons were small now. It gave them a little time to gather knowledge that could help them out later.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 14:57

There was a certain peace, a certain calm that resulted from being seated under the stars. It reminded her that someone up there was watching over them, and hopefully, they had their best interests in mind. Diana did feel as if the gods favoured them, because they had survived a battle that had been thought to be impossible to win. Surely, the gods were pleased with their conduct.

And such a favour had to be cherished, because no one quite knew how long it would last. With the introduction of new dragons into their world, another challenge had emerged. Apollo was aware of it already, as she had expected. “These are dragons. They will inevitably become a threat,” she stated, watching him intently. “How do you plan to prepare?” An alliance or not, Diana didn’t trust anyone to keep a dragon in check. Even the king himself had failed to do so already. No one should be trusted with that much power.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 01:51

Dragons. The only reason why he was still High Lord and not King was because Sunchaser had been sleeping beneath Dragonwatch. He had not always entirely believed the stories of the enormous dragon guarding the city. Now he was glad he hadn’t marched his army down South just yet. A monster that old was enormous and according to the stories he had heard plus the consequences of the ice dragon crossing the Cursed Reach had made him realise how much damage a dragon could actually do. The fact that both Stormbringer and Sunchaser were gone now was good news. And then the bad news had followed, just like it would always do.

The dragons would become a threat. Because of what they were. Because it was their nature to be violent and destructive. ”By doing what we did when our home was threatened by monsters we thought to be indestructible a few weeks ago”, He responded. He tried to sound as determined as he could. ”All enemies have a weakness. We will find it and exploit it”, He added. And this time they would actually have a while to prepare, in case they would need to put their theories into practise.

Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 19:42

If anything, this would be the ultimate opportunity for their house to seize the throne. The king had lost control of Sunchaser, and the newborn dragons were only small in size. Once they were fully grown, things would be much harder. But they were recovering from the battle still and Apollo seemed different than before. Diana knew that battles such as the one he had fought left scars, both physically and psychologically.

It reassured her somewhat that Apollo seemed to take the problem as seriously as she did, although he was far more confident than her that they could overcome this threat. She briefly nodded, locking eyes with him. “I trust you,” was all she told him. He had proven himself plenty for the past few months. A brief silence fell and she looked off a little again. “I’m sure the news that Rhysand Corbin has passed away hasn’t escaped you,” she then said. The man that was going to be her husband someday now laid buried six feet deep, which meant that she was now going to have to be matched up with someone else.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 28 Jun 2020, 18:05

The dragons were a problem. They would grow up and become a possible threat. The fact that they were both living in the same family was another issue. Of course there was his alliance with House Vigneron through his brother and his wife, but the other dragon belonged to the Princess. Aside from that, the new High Lord was matched to the niece of the King. That by itself could quickly change that alliance. But he refused to believe they were completely helpless now. Hadn’t they just defeated an army of Undying monsters? Then surely they would be capable of finding a solution to this problem too. Diana seemed to accept that. She proceeded to surprise him with her following words. A faint yet thankful smile curled around his lips.

It appeared the dragons hadn’t been the only matter keeping her awake. She suddenly brought up her late betrothed, Rhysand Corbin. In all honesty he hadn’t paid it much mind just yet. It wasn’t really a priority to him right now. ”No, it hasn’t”, He confirmed her thoughts. ”And neither did the fact that his seat is now occupied by a Crownlander”, He then huffed. It was a Royal decision, so he had nothing to say about the matter. But his sister would not marry a Crownlander, not even over his dead body. "Do you have any options in mind?" He decided to ask. If anything he was more open to discussing this than he had ever been before.

Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 11:51

Diana had read about those scaled monsters when she had been a little younger. She knew from the old stories what they could do. In a few years, those creatures would grow to be the size of castles and then there would be no stopping them. She couldn’t bring herself to care for the fact that they would be bound to people, because if there was anything she trusted less than dragons, it was people. And the king had already demonstrated that people did not always control what was theirs.

She was just going to have to give her brother the benefit of the doubt. He had stepped up in the face of great adversity before, and she knew he would do it again if need be. And then there was the matter of Rhysand. Apollo pointed out that his seat was now taken by someone from the Crownlands, to which she let out a disapproving hum. “Do you think he’ll be trouble?” she asked. As far as she’d heard, the new Lord Corbin was nothing but a little runt. She shook her head in response to his question. “Not really. I don’t know what your course of action will be,” she told him. “Frankly, I was surprised you wedded off our brother to a Vigneron.” She hoped that the same wouldn’t be in store for her. She loathed the south.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 17 Jul 2020, 17:58

”The boy himself? No”, He answered her question pensively. He had given it some thought before yet he could not see him being any threat. ”His father is the Lord Hand though”, He then added with a slight frown. That was more of a reason of concern. If the man decided to visit his son often then it meant the man would travel to the Highlands more than he had done so in the past. Their meeting a few months ago had left a bitter taste in his mouth. He didn’t like the man, nor what he represented, and the less he crossed the borders into his territory the better.

Apparently Diana had not thought about a suitable replacement for her late husband-to-be. What she said next surprised him a bit too. ”I didn’t. That was entirely mother’s decision”, He clarified. ”Though I can’t say I regret it. Without House Vigneron taking in our refugees and sending troops we would have lost a whole lot more than we did now”, He said. He then fell quiet for a second. ”Perhaps seeking alliances in other provinces isn’t all too bad. I haven’t forgotten the talk we had here before”, He then added carefully. She had always vouched for more long-term solutions instead of conquering the throne by force. Maybe she had been right all along. Though his heart still longed for battle, fighting the monsters of the Cursed Reach had quenched his thirst for violence for a while to come.

Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 31 Jul 2020, 17:05

Her brother didn’t think the newcomer would be trouble. At least, the man himself wouldn’t be. The Hand of the King, however, was something else entirely. She already had her reservations when it came to Joseph Corbin. A northerner choosing to leave the Highlands in order to work for the king was anything but a good thing. It wasn’t as if the man had fiercely lobbied in the best interest of the north either. “I will travel to Aeldun soon to say goodbye to the late Lord Corbin,” she stated. “I will have a word with the new one.” She doubted he was trouble, but it would be good to assert the situation before concluding anything.

There weren’t all that many options, to be fair. She did not want to think about getting married to a Crownlander such as Lord Finn Corbin. House Skarsgård had occupied the Last Hearth, but their family seemed to only consist of women somehow. It seemed as if her future husband would have to be found elsewhere than the north. Apollo stated that Jupiter’s match had been their mother’s decision entirely, and Diana still didn’t understand the why of it. House Vigneron had offered them a lot of help lately, so she figured the alliance had worked out in the end. Diana raised a surprised brow when her brother said that making connections could work. “And here I was, thinking you never listened,” she said, although she was lightly joking. Diana briefly thought. The Crownlands and Ashax were no suitable option in her eyes, so the Glade remained. “How about the Sylverswords?” she finally decided. They were a good family. A little too loyal to the Crown for her taste, but they too had aided them in battle against the undying. Lady Sylversword’s husband had even given his life to defend them.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Good Grief Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 16 Aug 2020, 19:44

In many ways he had experienced hidden disobedience from his subjects before. Those who tried to defy his leadership by making it more difficult for him to get a grip over his territories. The common Lords and Ladies, along with those of smaller houses, were responsible for carrying out his word in their respective cities and towns. So far none had done so with the utmost loyalty he expected from them. And now both Aeldun and the Last Hearth were controlled by people he couldn’t entirely trust.

A very unfortunate situation. For as long as it didn’t derail he had no grounds to fix it. However he felt like it was only a matter of time before it would backfire. And then he would have to count on his own family to stand by his side. At least he could count on them, through it all. ”Go easy on him, would you”, He said while pulling up the corner of his mouth slightly in a faint amused smile. His twin sister could surely be his equal when it came to that intimidating demeanor that was typical for the Freyr family.

”I might surprise you yet, so it seems”, He replied back in jest. The Sylverswords. The Glade. A House with extreme loyalty to the Crown. And still Lady Sylversword had not hesitated to answer his call for help. ”That option is not entirely out of the question indeed”, He said, a pensive expression sneaking over his features. ”They proved to be reliable once they made their promises. What they want for it in return, however, still hasn’t been revealed. I’m sure at some point they will come and collect their debts. Until then I am a bit hesitant to bring up the subject with Lady Sylversword”, He explained his doubts. They were far from being in a secure position of negotiation.

Good Grief 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 24 Aug 2020, 00:11

House Freyr had once been the most respected name in the North, but now Diana could not help but feel like their influence was fading. A traitor now stood at the head of the Last Hearth and the very son of the King’s Hand ruled Aeldun. With their army decimated after the battle against the undying, they were in a more vulnerable position than they had ever been before.

The new Lord Corbin was only a young lad, but there was no way of knowing what his true intentions were. Diana was sure that installing him in the seat of Aeldun was some ulterior move from the Crown to gain more control over the Highlands, something that also did not bode well for them. “As long as he behaves civilly,” she retorted to her twin brother. She didn’t mind showing her claws when she wasn’t treated with respect.

From here on out, the Glade seemed to be the most viable option for them. It was a relatively safe bet, low-risk with good outcomes. But Lady Sylversword did not have any brothers, which meant that she would be wedded off to some first cousin. Something that would bring her down in status a few notches at least. “Do you think she would ask something unreasonable of us?” she inquired. Lady Sylversword hardly struck her as the kind of woman that would abuse such a situation, but you never knew. “Perhaps they would demand less if we were to be family,” she then added. It could make a difference.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum