⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Black Sheep - Page 3 Tumblr_o9llnqc02c1v79sbao9_400
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

Black Sheep - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Sheep

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 14:05

The scar in his right eyebrow was still a very vivid reminder of his own betrayal to his wife. He clearly recalled the evening during which he had disclosed his slip-up to her. There had been a lot of fighting, yelling, screaming, throwing things. It hadn’t been pretty and Asher had vowed to himself to never let it happen again that night. Little did he know that he would be able to keep it up for years before he managed to mess up again. Part of why he had come all the way here was probably to avoid the unbearable situation that had developed at home. He didn’t know how to deal with it, so he just fled.

Sometimes, he wondered what would happen if he had been even more dishonest. If he had just never told her in the first place. Yes, he would be living a lie, he would have to deal with the guilt of not telling her, but at least there wouldn’t be fights and arguments. In his eyes, it was much better that way. But better yet was to not fuck up at all. The redhead opposite of him told him she didn’t regret their time together either, which surprised him greatly. Asher cocked a brow when she said that her fiancé wasn’t too happy with it. “You told him?” he asked, only a little incredulously. He wouldn’t know why, but apparently she had felt the need to disclose that information to him. Maybe he wasn’t so rueful about the man being gone after all.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Black Sheep - Page 3 Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 21:24
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
Freyja wasn’t too sure if she was comfortable having this conversation with him right now, but she had been the one starting it, so she really couldn’t say anything about it now. She remembered their nights together very vividly, how could she not? He had been the only man that had ever seen her in such a vulnerable state. Not even her own fiancé had seen her like that just yet, because of the silly thing they had come up with that they wanted to wait until they were man and wife. The gods had been awfully cruel to her.
She could see the way he looked at her when she told him how her fiancé hadn’t been too happy about him, casually dropping that she had told him about what had happened between her and Asher years ago. ”Of course I told him,” she said, furrowing her brows a little as she looked over at the older man. ”I wasn’t going to lie to him.” She wouldn’t be able to live with herself, and so she had told him. Sometimes, she had regretted telling him, but she couldn’t bring up the guts to lie straight to his face about who she was. ”I couldn’t lie to him.” Pensively, she bit down on the inside of her cheek, looking at the fireplace again. Perhaps she should’ve. Only to spare him from the thought that he wouldn’t be the first one.
+ tagasher
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 21:34

Part of him wondered whether there was a point to having this conversation. He had been wanting to leave because he needed to remove himself from situations like these, but then she had asked that question. And now he was still here. Of course, he could understand why she wanted to talk about all of this, but he wasn’t sure whether it had any use after all this time. Right now, to him, their night together was just another blemish on his already messy track record. But he figured that it meant just a little more to her.

Honestly, he had no idea why she would tell her husband. It wasn’t as if she had cheated on him in the way that Asher had, and it would probably only infuriate the man. Freyja seemed to think it was pretty self-explanatory that she’d told him, though. “Not telling someone isn’t lying,” he pointed out. Especially if they didn’t need to know in the first place. “You don’t have any obligation to tell him about who you’ve been with before you even met him.” If that was the case, he had a long list of names to disclose to Skaði still.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 21:51
Maybe telling him had been a mistake, but there was nothing to be done about it anymore. He was gone now, and she could only hope he was somewhere, feasting with the gods. He deserved that, after giving his life for a country filled with ignorant people. Those living in the South had no idea what they had been spared from. They hadn’t seen what she had seen, they hadn’t heard what she had heard. She had made the wolf fight until its last breath, leaving a trail of lifeless monsters behind. But Tyrr was gone now, because of them. It didn’t matter anymore what she had told him during this life, as there was nothing to be turned back. She found it unfair still.
The redhead quietly listened as he pointed out that not telling wasn’t lying. Freyja softly hummed, holding onto her glass with both hands as she listened to what else he had to say. It almost felt like a little lecture about the difference between not telling and lying. ”Then should I have had him think that our marriage night would be my first time?” she wondered out loud, not entirely agreeing with him, though there was a hesitation in her voice. ”Besides, I did know him back then. I just… didn’t see him the way I saw him now.” She knew he had been around, but she had only fallen in love with the man when she had grown older.
+ tagasher
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 22:09

The way Asher saw it, Freyja’s husband had died in vain. There was no honor in dying in battle, no matter how much people wanted you to believe that. It was a lie they told you in order to make you their battle fodder. Yes, he had helped to protect Avalance from the undead, but it had also cost him everything. In due time, everyone would have forgotten his name and his image, and people like Apollo Freyr and Alec Winchester would be the ones that were hailed as the victors and the brave defenders of this country. Not the common footfolk that had died for them.

But such was the tragic reality of life, which is why Asher was strongly having reservations about his ties and treaties with the rest of Avalance. He had pledged his loyalty to the likes of Lord Vigneron, who had now built up an alliance with both House Freyr and House Aldyr. But did he really want to lay down his life and the lives of his men in order to defend those people, high up in their castles? They had never looked at the Lair with anything but disdain, and now he was expected to fight their wars. Freyja clearly disagreed with his line of thinking. Asher shrugged. “Does it matter?” he asked. Whether it was her first, second, or twenty-fourth time, did it actually matter? “I’m sure it wasn’t his first either.” He had heard that Tyrr had been quite a bit older than Freyja herself, and he doubted she fell for the thirty-something year old virgin-type.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 00:44
She knew that Tyrr had died the way he would’ve want to. But if you asked her, he had died too soon. The two of them had had a whole new life right in front of them. She had already imagined her calling herself his wife, and it had warmed up her heart. If there had been someone out in this world she had wanted to be the father of her children, it had been him. But he wasn’t here any longer. He had been killed by those damned monsters, taken away from her too soon. His death had only brought hurt upon those that loved him. Every single time she thought back of the funeral, her heart broke again. The wound was ripped open, feeling as fresh as the moment she had seen him breathe out his last breath.
Did it matter? Freyja quietly looked at the man sitting there, quietly thinking about his words. When he put it like that, she knew he was right. ”No, it indeed wouldn’t have been.” She wouldn’t have been his first, but she simply had felt like informing him that he wasn’t either. That she had slept with some pirate lord from the south when she had only just become the head of her house. ”But you’re right. It doesn’t matter. Not anymore.” There was no point in pondering over the fact whether or not it had been right to tell him. There was nothing she could change about it, and she would never be able to talk to him ever again. ”I just wanted to be honest,” she said, her voice a tad bit softer than before. Perhaps honesty wasn’t always a good thing.
+ tagasher
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 23:31

There was no such thing as a good death and Asher found himself dreading the inevitable end as he got older. Not so much because he feared the nothingness that followed, but more so because he knew what he would leave behind. Skaði was quite a bit younger than he was, and then there were their children who were still very young. He couldn’t bear the thought of him passing away before they had come of age. Before he would be sure that they had a place in the world that they would get to keep. And right now, he lived in complete uncertainty. Nothing could happen to him before he had everything in check.

Freyja confirmed that she wouldn’t be her husband-to-be’s first either, which evened it all out if you asked him. There was a little bit of a double standard when it came to those things, apparently. She then pointed out that it all no longer mattered. He was gone already. Asher softly hummed when she said that she had just wanted to be honest. “Honesty’s good,” he muttered. To an extent, at least. He preferred to turn the truth to his advantage, though. A few seconds of silence fell and Asher got up. “Well, I’m going to head out,” he told her. He was staying in a nearby inn. Maybe he would get in a few more drinks before he would go to bed, although he didn’t think the innkeeper would appreciate it much if he came back in the middle of the night completely drunk.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 18:10
She could only hope that he was in a better place now. Somewhere where there was only peace. Where he would be able to feast until eternity, kicking back instead of spending every ray of daylight in the forest, hunting. He deserved that after having gone through such a terrible death. Choking in your own blood after a disgusting monster had ripped your throat out. At least she had been there, in the form of a wolf, but she had been there. A soft nose brushing against his cheek, shielding him from the bloody fight so that sight wouldn’t have been the last he had seen when leaving this world.
Honesty was good. Freyja softly hummed, wondering if it truly was. Didn’t it only bring hurt that could have been prevented? Being honest had caused her to be banished from her home before. It had cost her greatly, as she could have been with Tyrr in that time. Instead, they had been separated, and she hadn’t been able to be truly near him. Only when his cold body had been brought back to Caer Scion. The older man suddenly got up, announcing that he would head out. Freyja eyed him, quickly getting up herself. For a very brief moment, she seemed to be disappointed, knowing what would be waiting for her the moment he walked through that door. Just another lonely evening where she would be facing her own thoughts alone. ”Yes, of course,” she quickly muttered, looking at him with her icy blue eyes. ”Thank you for coming by,” she added, not really knowing what else to say. She couldn’t really tell him to stay.
+ tagasher
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 05 Jul 2020, 22:51

It wasn’t as if he didn’t feel bad for Freyja, but he needed to rationalize all of this in order to not fall into a little trap of his own. He did not want to have to resort to the role of the guy who was supposed to console her, because he was very aware that he did not know how to do that at all. He’d only come here to offer his condolences, that was all. And he had outstayed his welcome already, or so he told himself, so it was high time that he went back to his inn. After last time, he knew better than to request a place to sleep within the Skarsgård castle.

Part of him wanted her to leave with something better than a disingenuous ‘honesty’s good’, but he honestly didn’t know what to tell her. This was something she needed to figure out all on her own, no matter how difficult it was going to be. Asher got up from his seat, excusing himself. He knew that this was probably going to be the last time in a long time that he would lay eyes on her. He shook his head when she thanked him. “It’s alright,” he said, his gaze lingering on her for a little bit. She looked a lot more like a woman than a girl these days. He took a deep breath, wanting to say something of substance before he left. Something useful, like that she could always reach out to him, or that he’d be there if she needed him. But he didn’t know if he could be. “’Til we meet again.” It could be years from now. With a final nod to her, he walked out of the room, and then out of the castle, into the cold night.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum