⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Metanoia - Page 4 Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Metanoia - Page 4 Empty Re: Metanoia

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 10:55

Camilla had started prepping well everything she could prep, barking orders because that was what she did in the kitchen simple. The deer was already cleaned out and stripped entirely it was just kept cool for the time being until they would put it up above the fire. Alec had eventually returned with some woodblocks to put them next to the fireplace before she motioned the man to skip out of the kitchen again for the time being.

’Might be, who knows. I guess you don’t cook much at home?’ She shortly raised a brow, looking up at the man. A smile caressing her lips for the faintest of moments. ’Can you cut the veggies a bit smaller, it’s better for the flavour.’ The woman hummed calmly as she grabbed a few more things. ’So, you’re not her dad right? More like something that I am to him?’ Here came that curious old lady trait that she did in fact possess. Everyone had been utterly surprised when they had found the Lord of the Lair in the cathedral, including herself. That came from the fact that she didn’t know Willa all that well just yet.

“The water hears and understands.
The ice does not forgive.”
Metanoia - Page 4 Tumblr_o9llnqc02c1v79sbao9_400
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 10:44

It seemed as if he wasn’t going to learn how to dress a stag today since the majority of the work was purely being done by Camilla herself, while he was meekly chopping veggies. Not that he minded too much. He could catch a few glimpses as he watched her work, which was intriguing to say the least. For a second, he almost felt a little melancholic at the realization that he had never had a mother, or even a mother-figure, in his life. Times like these reminded him that he had actually missed out on quite a lot.

“Rarely. I make a mean scrambled eggs, though,” he told the woman. It was pretty much the only thing he could successfully cook. He was sure he would manage if he actually tried his hand at it, but the problem remained that he simply didn’t have much time to do so. “Yes, ma’am,” he promptly replied when she ordered him to cut smaller pieces. He had worked under other people’s orders for nearly twenty years of his life, so he didn’t have any problem with her telling him what to do. As long as he knew that she was better at it than he was, at least. She then asked whether he was Willa’s actual father, to which he slowly shook his head. “We’re family by choice, not by blood,” he confirmed. But in many ways, Willa was just as important to him as his biological children. Hell, there were probably some bastards out there that he cared about far less than Willa. She had grown up around him and over the years they had indeed formed a very close bond.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 17:04

The man had asked to learn how to dress a stag. But to be fair, she didn’t trust him enough. Though that didn’t mean that she wouldn’t learn him how to do so. But all in due time, the veggies were a major part of actually preparing the sauce so that kind of work needed to be done first and since he was actually decent in cutting the veggies it was a task she delegated towards the man. With a few pointers here and there. Alec was walking from the kitchen to the backyard were he was bringing up wooden chopping blocks to get the fire going.

’Put your money where your mouth is.’ The woman smirked at the man. Though she had no reason to not trust a word he was saying here and who would lie about scrambled eggs? He picked up on her demand of him chopping the veggies a bit smaller and she hummed, apparently the lord of the Lair had it within himself to actually listen. Pleasant surprise. Camilla nodded at his reply about Willa. ’Thought so, she didn’t get her looks from you.’ A jab, yet a jab that was meant as a joke which she made clear enough by actually smiling at the man. ’Same situation as me then, or well probably not but something we have in common.’ The woman hummed softly gathering a few of the veggies already, yet not putting them where they needed to go just yet. ’Unless we have more guests, I think this will do just fine. Put them all together and on the fire would you, yet don’t let them get soggy then they will lose all the taste.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 00:23

Asher knew that dressing a stag was a tricky job to do. One wrong cut and you could contaminate all of the meat, ruining a large majority of the use of your prey. In that case, the poor stag would have died in vain. But Asher would gladly have observed the woman doing it instead of him trying his hand at it. He was fairly sure he would fuck it up on his first go, and he didn’t want to ruin dinner for all of them.

The woman told him to put up or shut up, causing him to briefly smirk. “I’ll make you some in the morning,” he told her. There was nothing quite as delightful of having his scrambled eggs for breakfast, together with a few slices of freshly baked bread. For some reason, he felt an innate need to prove himself to this elderly woman. He faintly smiled when she pointed out that Willa didn’t exactly look like him, which he had to agree with. She then related their situation back to hers and Alec’s. Asher softly hummed. “I guess.” He didn’t know enough about their relationship to deny nor confirm it. He then was met with another set of instructions, which he obediently followed. “Any chance I could get you to come to Kraken’s Lair with me and cook for me and my family every day?” he asked, although he mostly meant it as a joke. Not that he would mind getting served this kind of dinner on a daily basis.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 21:09

It was an art to dress a stag. That much she knew. And no, she wouldn’t let him do it on his own. It wasn’t only because she did not trust the man, but she just didn’t want to taint the prey they had caught. Because if anything she knew Alec had enjoyed spending time with the man standing in her kitchen now. Which was weird in itself because the Lord Commander usually didn’t click all too good with people he basically just met and that was without adding the fact that he was a southerner. Willa had been too in the end.

’Is that an invite then? Because if you’re not here when I wake up, I’ll let you be pulled out of your bed right down to the kitchen.’ She hummed, stating it as a joke. But she was nothing but serious about the whole matter. Though the fact that the other wanted to try was nice in itself. ’Oh, I’m just guessing here too.’ She was, because well they basically know just enough about each other in the end. The situation that they were in, made them acquainted in some form. Not really familiar, but well just a little. Camilla shortly snorted at his words. ’Sorry laddie, the Highlands are my home. But who knows, maybe one day when Willa and Alec come down to visit I’ll go with hm?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:52

Asher figured that dressing a stag wasn’t all that different to gutting a fish, but larger. Still, it was quite a long time since he had done that, too. He was out of shape with regards to most things these days. As a lord, the gross majority of his time was spent talking to people he would rather not talk to and writing letters regarding things he couldn’t care less about. If he phrased it like that, he honestly could barely understand why he bothered with this godforsaken job anyway.

The woman told him that she would pull him right out of bed if he didn’t have her breakfast ready in time, briefly making him chuckle. “I do like to sleep in,” he admitted, “so I might just take that back right now.” Maybe he’d make her some for lunch instead. That case, he could spend the majority of the morning snoozing. As expected, his invite for her to come along to the Lair was quickly turned down. This was her home, but she was willing to come with Alec and Willa one day. “You’re always welcome,” he told her, finishing up the job he was doing on the veggies. In the meantime, he heard his stomach growl a little bit.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 23:01

It was a tedious job that they had put on her. But she liked doing it nonetheless. As long as it made the people in the house happy the woman couldn’t care less about doing stuff like this. Where she would usually do this with Alec, right now Asher was the one that had gotten the task. Which wasn’t even done on purpose. It had just played out like that in the end. Nonetheless, maybe this was the best moment for them to actually get acquainted with each other since it would be one of those things that would only be happening once or twice, maybe.

’Smart lad. But I am expecting a counter measure on your behalf though. If you can boast like that about scrambled eggs. You can make them as well.’ A grin curled around her lips, nodding when he was done with the veggies. ’It will depend on what those “kids” of ours decide.’ Making the accompanying signs with her fingers to the word kids. ’If you’re hungry, grab something to put in your mouth before we start dressing the stag. Because I don’t intend to hear you whine about it during.’ Nope, then she’d just sent him out of her kitchen as a whole. Alec eventually came back with enough lumber to put on the fire, smiling at the both of them and getting all the veggies that were being cut up. Putting them where they needed to go, and well just keeping himself busy with that.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 23:24

Asher couldn’t imagine being a maid, having to clean up after and cook for people who were far better off than you. He supposed it was different for Camilla since she was treated like family around here. But there were plenty of households that treated their servants as if they were nothing but possessions. It was an inhumane way of living, if you asked him, but there were many people out there who were far worse off. Like seventy percent of the population of Kraken’s Lair, for example.

The woman’s words briefly brought a grin to his face. “Alright, I’ll make them in the afternoon then,” he suggested. That way, he didn’t have to get up early and she would still get to taste his impeccable scrambled eggs. A win-win situation. He softly hummed. It depended on what Willa and Alec were planning and Asher sincerely doubted they would traveling anywhere anytime soon. Crossing the country with an infant wasn’t exactly a smart thing to do. The woman warned him that he should grab something now if he was hungry, but Asher shook his head. “Nah, I’ll make it through,” he assured her. He could wait a little longer. But before she put away the veggies, he grabbed a piece to nibble on anyway. Just for good measure.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 23:49

Camilla hummed at the man’s words, nodding. That sounded quite right. ’You’re going to have to make them for the entire house then. But if you let me, I’ll help.’ The woman suggested on her turn as she shortly glanced at Alec who was keeping busy with preparing the sauce and all the tiny things that needed to be prepared before the stag could actually be dressed.

’One complaint and you’ll be kicked out of my kitchen.’ Shortly Cammi raised a brow, but soon enough she grabbed a big knife handing it over to Asher. Raising a brow. ’Alright, I marked the lines with some ash from the fire, if you cut those, you’ll be golden. Try to do it in swift movements, no halting your hand just clean cuts.’ She instructed him, yeah she was sure he could do it. He was a Lord after all and well from what she had heard also a pirate in a previous life so he could probably handle himself. Shortly she glanced at the other man who was looking over his shoulder as well, wanting to see how Asher would do but keeping busy in the same time.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 07 Jul 2020, 19:08

Now he was going to make scrambled eggs for the entire household. Asher knew he was in over his head already, but he let out a brief sigh and just let it be. “Yeah, alright, fine,” he muttered, sounding like an upset toddler only a little bit. “But we do it according to my rules.” That was his one condition. She could help if she followed his instructions to the letter, just as he was doing for her.

An amused expression appeared on his face when the woman said that he would be kicked out if there was a single complaint. “I wouldn’t dare,” he told her. He took the butcher’s knife from her, carefully listening to what she was telling him to. He then eyed the lines that she had drawn. Clean cuts, swift movements. He nodded and put the tip of the blade against the skin. “How deep do I go?” he asked, looking over at Camilla for a second. He didn’t want to pierce anything that shouldn’t be pierced, after all.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 16:29

’Alright, I can work with that.’ Though the man didn’t need to think that he would be running her kitchen that much she knew because then he would feel the end of her rolling pin for sure. Cooking with Asher. It would be something else for sure. ’Just let me know what you need hm? So I can run to the market in time.’ Because as far as she knew they were quite short on eggs right now, mainly due to Alec who had been making a bunch of eggs the past two weeks.

’Somehow I don’t believe that, lord Fabron Cammi smirked shortly at him. As he took the butcher’s knife Alec had turned around to them leaning against one of the cupboards and looking at how Asher would actually do it. He was a lucky one, actually getting lines. When he did it the first time he had completely butchered the animal. ’At least three finger’s deep. That way you’ll be deep enough and the heat of the fire will be smoothly pulled in making the meat even more tastier.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Jul 2020, 13:09

Much to his surprise, Camilla seemed to be fine with him calling the shots. For once, probably. Asher proudly smiled for a second or two before continuing to work. He had no idea why he felt this compulsive need to impress and satisfy this elderly woman all of a sudden, but it was undoubtedly there. “I’ll write up a list,” he told her. And then he’d blow her away with his amazing scrambled eggs.

A brief chuckle left his mouth when the woman posited that she didn’t believe he wouldn’t dare to complain, even though it was very much the truth. He could get rather whiny about the smallest of things, but he would think twice about complaining about anything to her. The last thing he wanted was a collision with her rolling pin. He looked over his shoulder, at Camilla, when she instructed him to cut three fingers deep. He demonstratively held up three fingers to see how deep that’d be before putting the knife back against the animal’s hide. After that, he just neatly followed the lines, three fingers deep as she told him to, and lo and behold, it worked. The skin made a peculiar ripping noise. Once he tore through the entire line, he looked back at the older woman. “Like that?” It wasn’t so bad, if he said so himself.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 23 Jul 2020, 13:23

Sharing a kitchen wasn’t one of the things she usually did. But here they were. Asher would be cooking his eggs tomorrow. Though he could actually suspect a thorough examination of the eggs for sure. Not that she would actually think that the man would poison Willa and by extent them. But one never could be to sure in the end. ’I’ll be looking forward to it. That’s what you get with boasting. Better hope you will reach those expectations.’ The woman shortly grinned.

Shortly she nodded when he put up his fingers. Three fingers deep, and then no big muscles would be hit. Being skilled with a blade, well it was something she had given the man already. And here he was, demonstrating how it needed to be done. Making her hum. While she shortly helped Alec with putting a few spices in the sauce he was preparing. Before she turned back to Asher. ’Almost perfect yes. On the other end of the deer is the same exact line, feel free cutting it open.’ That way the heat would completely move through the deer, making it more tasty in her experience. A smile caressed her lips as she looked up at Asher. ’After that you and Alec can hoist it over the fire.’ Because well, she wasn’t going to do that now was she?

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 24 Jul 2020, 14:21

Of course, he was completely confident in his ability to make a killer scrambled egg. He was prepared to completely blow this elderly woman away with his cooking skills, which unfortunately only translated to a single dish. Not that it mattered. He did something and he did it well, and that was what counted. The woman pointed out that he had raised the bar on himself quite a bit, but Asher couldn’t care less. “Oh, I ain’t worried,” he said, shaking his head a little bit. Not in the slightest.

Without further ado, he carved up the deer in the manner that Camilla had told him to do. Much to his delight, it actually went fairly well, earning him some praise from the older woman. The ‘almost’ she prefixed the ‘perfect’ with irked him a little, though. Next time would be perfect, if he would ever even do this again. He walked over to the other side, cutting it open in the same way he had done before. He was then instructed to hoist the animal over the fire, to which he shot her an amused look. “Do you usually do that by yourself too?” he inquired, trying to picture the woman hoisting a deer carcass on her own. As he waited for her response, he did as he was told, lifting the animal over the fire with Alec. Now that would make some fine dinner.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 26 Jul 2020, 12:45

As he said that he wasn’t worried about his eggs Camilla frowned at the man. Sure, alright. But now he could stop the boasting because it wasn’t a good look on him if she said so herself. And why overdo yourself when you could possibly be meeting the end of her rolling pin if you did? That would be rather stupid but well for now the man could have his fun and she would see tomorrow. If he had the right to boast or not. ’So I think that your wife does the cooking at home then? Since I can’t see you survive on eggs alone?’ An inquiry. Nothing to be ashamed about in the end. Because it was that way with plenty of people except those who had servants or well people like her walking around in their house.

Soon enough Alec helped Asher to hoist the animal over the fire, smirking at Asher’s words. ’When I was younger I could pick up a man the size of you, so I’d watch out if I was you.’ Camilla looked up at him raising a brow. It wasn’t an over exaggeration, but for now Asher could stay with his feet on the ground. ’I’ll be expecting that list at the end of the day, but if the two of you wouldn’t mind. I don’t have all day to teach the lot of you.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 16:25

Asher briefly looked up when the woman started talking about his wife. For a second, he had managed to forget about the mess he had left back home and he preferred to keep it that way. Now that feeling of uneasiness was slowly creeping back in. “Yeah, she does. She’s too stubborn to actually let anyone help her,” he muttered. He had suggested the idea of hiring a nanny to watch the kids, or a few servants to help with the housekeeping, but Skaði oftentimes seemed opposed to it. Then again, he wasn’t too fond of having strangers in the house either.

An amused expression appeared on his face when Camilla assured him that she could lift a man his size back when she was younger. He briefly snorted, deciding to not test her on that. “Never mind me asking then,” he said, finishing with the stag and turning to face her again. She was expecting the list before the end of the day, to which he obediently nodded. “Yes, ma’am.” In fact, he might just go work on it right now.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 30 Jul 2020, 13:20

Camilla shortly listened to the man. Not wanting servants with he position he held? A short frown appeared on her face. But who was she to judge in the end? ’Well, that’s a whole lot of extra work for the two of you I can imagine.’ She shortly hummed, focusing on the stag that they needed to lift soon enough. Him and Alec off course. She wouldn’t go risk her back now would she? Not for the sake of food that was. It was remarkable though what Asher had just told her. Not something she would’ve expected in the end.

A smirk curled around her lips as she looked at the man. ’Now shoo, out of my kitchen. I’d suggest letting Willa or Alec show you around town, but you guys aren’t particularly fond of the cold I heard.’ A last thing she could throw at the man before she got busy with whatever was next. Alec shortly smirking at the man. Before he headed off too, to Willa again. Yet a little while later he went outside, to check up on the training recruits. Because well, work needed to be done after all. Even if he was still technically out, he just liked to check up.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 31 Jul 2020, 13:04

Maybe he had grown a little paranoid over the years. He was reluctant to let anyone into their family home, especially when it came to their children. He had a lot more to lose these days than just his own life, so he preferred to keep everything on the cautious side. It was a little difficult sometimes, with four kids and a massive house to take care of, but they managed. “It is,” he admitted to Camilla. “But it’s for the best.” He wasn’t going to risk any single one of their lives again.

Camilla told him to fuck off, basically, and get himself a tour around town. Although he was rather curious about the city of Caer Scion, he couldn’t help but want to stay inside to hide away from the cold. Not to mention that these northern cities always were a little too sober for his taste. He told both Alec and Camilla goodbye before he trailed off back to his room. He could use a few hours of doing absolutely nothing for once.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum