⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Metanoia - Page 2 Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Metanoia - Page 2 Empty Re: Metanoia

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 15:50

’Sturdy hm? I think Willa would lose it if I dropped it.’ Alec chuckled. Yeah, he could quite imagine the face the woman would make at him if he even dared to drop the precious child that she was carrying. Or maybe she would surprise him and actually be the one dropping it first. Not that it mattered if anything he’d try to be careful with the kid whenever he was carrying it. Though also not to careful because well he didn’t want he or she to actually be smothered too much. No. ’Well I doubt that, you and Willa seem pretty equal to each other as far as I’m concerned, in some departments then.’ He smirked, a joke. Because even though they resembled each other in a few matters he was sure that there was a whole other side to the woman he loved that he didn’t know completely. And the same went for Asher. Though there were more chances of him getting to know his wife better than to get to know Asher better right?

’It’s okay. We don’t need to talk about your marriage.’ Nah, it wasn’t any of his concern actually and he did not want to pry in the man’s life. Not when it clearly seemed to matter to him so much. Or well, whenever it involved Lady Fabron so it seemed. ’Oh, calling me a liar hm? You should hear the talk of the recruits in the barracks, nothing but praising word for this Asher Fabron.’ Alec chuckled. At first it had annoyed him so much that he had thrown each and every one of them out of the barracks, pitted them against the stronger men to teach them a lesson. But in the end he had grown accustomed to the talks whenever it involved the man next to him. Shortly he raised a brow at the other, but he pulled his brow from his saddlebag and placed an arrow on it, locking in on the stag that was quite a distance away. He could never make a killshot from this distance. Alec waited a few minutes, until the moment that he couldn’t feel any wind and that’s when he let go of the arrow. With quite some speed it travelled the distance, and it hit. In the leg, since the stag actually jumped up but soon tumbled down. A big smirk appeared as he motioned the horse to go forward in full force.

Metanoia - Page 2 Tumblr_o9llnqc02c1v79sbao9_400
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 22:43

“The key thing to do here is to just not tell her,” he wisely said in response to Alec’s remark. That was how he tended to stay out of trouble: just don’t tell anyone what you did wrong. It had mostly worked thus far. The murder on Lilium had remained unsolved to this day and here he was, still walking free. It hadn’t worked so well with cheating on his wife, but a success rate of 100% was impossible to shoot for. Alec commented that Willa and he were pretty similar, in some ways at least. Asher chuckled. “It’s the long, wavy, blonde hair, isn’t it?” he joked. It had to be. Asher noticed that he was getting less serious by the second. Fortunately, Alec was there to ask him about his wife and temporarily ruin his mood a little bit.

But the man said they didn’t need to talk about his marriage – or what was left of it – which he greatly appreciated. He briefly flashed the younger man an appreciative smile. Asher shook his head in disbelief at Alec’s words. He didn’t believe anyone up here was even thinking of him in the first place. That would just be rather narcissistic of him. “I can’t tell if you’re just fucking with me now or not,” he said, shaking his head. No one in the realm of Avalance seemed to be able to spare a good word for him, least of all the North. In most people’s minds, he was still a filthy pirate. His attention was captured by a nearby stag, which didn’t seem to be aware of their presence just yet. Asher intently watched Alec as he got his bow, nocked an arrow, waited, and took his shot. An almost child-like expression of wonder appeared on his face as the stag jumped. He immediately urged his horse to move forward, charging over to the wounded animal. The stag was struggling to get away, but its leg was of no use. “Now we finish the job?” he inquired, looking at Alec. It seemed rather brutal to just end the poor thing’s life right there, but on the other hand they’d be putting it out of its misery.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 12:19

Not tell Willa that he had accidentally dropped a baby? Wasn’t that wrong? Wouldn’t she actually notice that? What if the baby wasn’t so sturdy as Asher made them out to be and they would be dented for live? Oh boy. Yeah, no that was one piece of advice he wasn’t going to take from the man. Because it felt a tad wrong to do so, sure maybe it actually worked for the man he was riding with but well it would come back to haunt him in the ass if Alec would ever try such a thing. His joke made Alec laugh softly, shaking his head. ’For sure, hence on long.’ A grin formed around his lips, yeah maybe he could actually pull of some joking with this man. If anything, that seemed to work out just fine for the both of them.

There was no need on talking about his marriage, that was his business in the end. ’I can take you to the barracks, make you believe it.’ Alec smirked. Why couldn’t Asher just believe the mere fact that some of the people up north actually took a liking in the drunken adventures of the once infamous captain turned lord now? But soon things took another turn as Alec spotted the stag. Preparing himself to take the shot, waiting until it was the right time to strike. Soon as the animal jumped they spurred on their horses and when he reached it Alec looked at Asher. ’Now, you finish the job.’ He raised a brow, sure that the man would just be able to end the life of the suffering animal in front of them which looked at them with a mixture of fear and anger in it’s eyes.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 15:27

Alright, so maybe he was giving out terrible advice at this point, but wasn’t that what being a father was all about anyway? It was what his father had done all throughout the first twenty years of Asher’s life, after all. He’d always been told to blindly follow the rules and never ever question authority. But something had gone wrong there, seeing as Asher had made a living out of doing the very opposite of whatever his father told him to do. Maybe that was always the case with children: they’d become the opposite of her parents out of sheer rebellion. That was probably why his turned out so well.

Asher was rather surprised about how well he was hitting it off with this Alec. Maybe Willa had selected a good one after all. Or maybe this man was just very good at manipulating people into thinking that he was a nice guy. Asher briefly chuckled. “Nah, I’ll take your word for it,” he eventually decided. No need for him to visit the barracks. He would already be gone from home for too long.

Needless to say, Asher was pretty impressed with Alec’s marksmanship. It hadn’t been a killing shot, but from this distance that would have been near impossible. Asher would have missed the animal by a mile and then some. The poor thing let out a terrified sound and Asher dismounted his horse, reaching for the knife strapped to his belt. He wanted to make this quick and painless and he knew exactly how to do it. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t prepared for this at all. He reached for the animal’s ear, finding the soft spot behind it. Without hesitation, he jammed the knife point into that spot as deeply as he could. The animal seized to scream and move all at once, going limp within seconds. If anything, it was rather sad to watch.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 11 Jun 2020, 15:42

Hitting it off with Alec. It was weird. It was unexpected. If anything the man had expected that they would’ve bashed in each other’s skull by now. But nothing like that was happening, if anything they were actually getting along quite well. No bad words were spilling between them and they were in fact even joking with each other. Something that Alec almost never did, apart with those closest to him. Which was a pretty shortly list. Willa, Apollo, Cammi and well now Asher? Weird to be even putting him in that list. But he rather had it like this than anything else to be fair. It would show that he actually meant right. Which was the whole purpose eventually. Reassuring Asher that he would be keeping Willa safe, that he would protect and care for her if she ever needed that. ’Good, because those nitwits really don’t shut up about you anymore. You might’ve just become their new favorite southern lord. Hard thing to accomplish here in the north.’ Alec spoke while a smirk appeared on his lips.

Alec didn’t get off of his horse, no he wanted the other man to have this kill. And if anything, watching another kill a majestic animal like this was something that told him enough about someone. Asher chose for the quick and painless method. That scream went through his body and made a shiver pass over his spine surely. As the animal collapsed on the ground he hummed shortly, getting off of his horse and kneeling down. Placing his two fingers over the eyes of the animal and closing it. Grabbing his knife as he started to gut out the animal, by pulling it over it’s abdomen. Anything to lessen the load that he needed to put over the horse. ’Looks like we’re eating stag tonight. Though, if we ever do this again, you can shoot the animal.’ He shortly grinned. To be fair, Alec hadn’t expected much of well this whole trip but here they were.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 15:51

Northerners and southerners were generally not known to get along very well, so Asher had already prepared for the worst. He had wanted to get along with Alec, or at least kind of like him, just for Willa’s sake. It seemed as if things were moving in the right direction currently, which was a huge relief. However, Asher couldn’t really imagine that any northerner actually looked up to him of all people. Most of his life, he had been nothing but a filthy, dishonest pirate that stole from whomever he could in order to make a profit. To make matters worse, he had refused to house any refugees during the undying crisis, so he very much doubted that the northern troops considered him to be ‘his new favorite southern lord’.

The stag dropped to the ground, suddenly weak and lifeless. Asher eyed its body for a little while as he pulled out the now bloody knife. At least its death had been relatively quick, and well, he would have dinner tonight. He couldn’t bring himself to feel too bad about it after he realized that. Asher snorted a little when Alec closed the animal’s eyes as if it was some human being. Alec started gutting it, and Asher figured he’d leave it to the other man. He didn’t want to ruin the meat by making a wrong cut. “If I shoot it next time, we should prepare to not have dinner, though,” he warned the other man. Maybe after a few years of practice he would’ve been able to make that shot. Maybe.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 17:26

It was weird to actually grow familiar with Asher. Something rather unexpected to be fair. There seemed to be no hard feelings here, not even the fact that he was from the south and Alec from the north seemed to matter. Which was a miracle in itself because yes, that had deemed to be the biggest problem. The bond between north and south had always been a rather tedious one. Primary example, Willa hating his guts from the first moment that she had set foot in the north and into his barracks. But here they were months later. And now he was actually growing accustomed to a second one. Strange how life could run it’s course.

Asher had made the final blow which left the body lifeless. Alec was taking care of the animal, gutting it, yet giving it’s spirit the proper rest as well. A short smile caressed his lips as he looked up at the man again. ’Well, then next time we in fact really get a chase out of it hm?’ He joked. Not that there would be a next time ever so soon, or well that was at least what he thought. Because he didn’t see the man travelling up here any time soon. Maybe when the little bean was born, though the chance of Willa wanting to go back to the Lair was bigger than anything else. ’So Willa getting drunk out of her mind, and tossing all her well earned coin overboard. Did that happen on your ship?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 17:45

Asher wondered whether the man next to him even knew that he’d declined to help the North in its hour of need. He hadn’t sent any troops, he hadn’t allowed any refugees into the city. Not that they would be better off in Kraken’s Lair than they were in the makeshift camps, but it was the sentiment that counted. He had denied them all access to the Lair, which was probably something that had reached the ears of the Lord Commander. But if he and his men had an opinion about it, they didn’t let him now. Still, Asher found it hard to believe that he was as revered up here as Alec made him out to be. He really hadn’t done anything to deserve that kind of praise.

Now, they needed to drag this lifeless thing all the way back, which wouldn’t be easy. The horses would be doing most of the work, of course, but they still needed to tie the animal to them in the first place. Asher smiled when Alec said that next time would be a chase. “Let’s hope that I can manage that next time I’m here,” he said. He wasn’t getting any younger, and it also wasn’t that often that he visited the Highlands. It would probably be another five years before he ever felt like setting foot in this shitty province again. Alec then asked about some embarrassing stories about Willa, to which Asher grinned. “I’m pretty sure she’ll kill me if I tell you,” he said, sheathing his blade again. “So I’ll neither deny nor confirm that such a thing has happened.” He had plenty of stories about Willa’s drunken antics, but he needed a few drinks himself before he would risk telling them.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 18:14

Alec shortly scratched his cheek, humming. Maybe he should just come clean. There was a lot of bad blood between the north and the lord that was standing right in front of him, that much was true. ’So.. I know about the fact that you didn’t want to harbor any of us. I don’t think it’s okay. But if anything, I can’t say I don’t understand. I just want to move past this. For the sake of the two of us not hating each other’s guts.’ He shortly exclaimed looking up at the man from where he was sitting, hands covered in blood. ’For Willa.’ A soft smile lined his lips as he undid the animal of his insides, carefully, taking his time because in the end he didn’t want to move to hastily with this process. Maybe that had been the biggest thing that he had actually been scared off. The fact that Asher would turn out to be an even worser guy than the stories. But right now, he actually seemed alright. And Alec just hoped that it was genuine.

’Ask Willa for some lessons. Or who knows, maybe we’ll come down and you can show me how you guys hunt hm? Maybe not on stags but boars are quite tasty as well.’ A grin appeared on his lips, yeah maybe he was actually even looking forward to going to see where Willa lived. Now, probably not when he was actually there but well that was something else. ’Oh, come on she told me herself you know. Just left out the ship part or I have forgotten.’ That latter would probably be the thing that had happened but here they were. ’Asher Fabron, didn’t know you were such a spoilsport.’ He got up as he pulled out everything that needed to go out, before glancing up at the man. ’I think there is some rope in your saddlebag.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 19:09

Seemingly out of nowhere, Alec brought up the whole refugee debacle. Asher frowned. It was almost as if the man had managed to read his mind. He told him that he knew about his refusal to home any refugees and that he didn’t think that it was okay. Asher cocked a brow at the younger man. He wasn’t one to simply ‘move past things’. Well, maybe he was. He didn’t particularly enjoy confrontation if it wasn’t necessary, but he felt the need to defend his decision and his character at least a little bit. “So much for the favorite southern lord, huh?” he commented, feeling like it had been all a load of shit anyway. He appreciated Alec trying to appease him, but there was no need to try and bullshit him. “I did what I did for a reason.” A good one, and he still stood by it today.

Asher didn’t even know Willa hunted, but then again, there were quite some things he didn’t know about the woman. Asher snorted. “We don’t hunt in the Lair,” he told the other man. Well, they hunted other ships instead of animals, but he doubted that that counted to Alec. Willa had told the story herself, apparently, so Asher figured he had the green light too. “It wasn't my ship, no,” he said, faintly smiling as he thought back to little Willa hauling her money into the water. “She threw up all over the deck, too. Needless to say, we laughed at her for weeks to come.” Poor little Willa. She still hadn’t learnt her lesson. On Alec’s instruction, he turned over to the settle bag and fetched the rope. “Your horse or mine?” he asked. He wasn’t sure which one was the sturdier of the two.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 19:24

’That was no lie. The man don’t know.’ Alec spoke calmly. They didn’t know and well in fact a big heap of them was now gone. ’I’m not condemning you for it Asher.’ The man shortly stated, shortly chewing on his lip. He wasn’t in any way trying to do that. But maybe it was just time to shut up before he would make it worse. ’If anything, to each their own right. Having a bunch of, what Willa calls them, brutes over doesn’t seem to appetizing to me either.’ He shortly stated. ’Listen, I didn’t mean to offend you in any way. Forget I brought it up.’ Sure, the people of the north had counted on lords and ladies from all over Avalance, not all had said yes and not all had said no. In the end everything had turned out good, or well as good as it could possibly get right?

’You fish right?’ Shortly he tilted his head. Not nearly the same but in the end still a form of hunting after all right? Alec was busy with doing what needed to be done while Asher actually started answering making him chuckle. ’Hmm too bad.’ A grin appeared on his lips, but when the man continued even more he started laughing, genuine laughter resounding through the woods. ’Let’s take mine yeah?’ Mainly because Asher his horse was still recovering from a nasty wound it had gotten from walking into a trap. Sneered almost right through it’s leg, month’s ago. The animal was doing way better thanks to a whole bunch of people, but Alec rather kept it as safe as possible.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 20:08

The men didn’t know. Asher furrowed his brows a little, questioning the legitimacy of that statement. He figured that the refugees who had returned had known about the fact that they weren’t welcome in the Lair, and if Alec’s men talked about him as much as he said they did, Asher was fairly sure the word would have reached them too. But he guessed not. Alec assured him that he wasn’t condemning his actions, then went as far as insulting his own people in order to appease him. This had to be one of the most agreeable men he’d ever met. “Don’t worry. You could never offend me,” Asher merely stated. He didn’t hold Alec’s opinion in high enough regard for him to be able to say anything that offended him.

“Rarely,” he answered in response to the other man’s question. He knew how to fish, at least, as opposed to his hunting skills. He used to do it, back in the day, when he still had time for such things. Now it was far easier to just let other people take care of his dinner. Alec offered his own horse for carrying their pretty and Asher hummed, looking back at the dead stag. “Wouldn’t it be easier to chop it up into pieces?” Hauling the entire thing back to the city seemed a little exhausting.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 20:49

’Still I shouldn’t have brought it up. It’s behind us. Everyone is safe. That’s the most important.’ Alec hummed softly. It had been wrong to bring it up that much was for sure and he would just let it go. But he had said what he wanted to say about it and that was it. There was no reason in fighting over things that had happened in the past right? They couldn’t be made undone. So what did it matter that they would bicker about them? Everyone had his reason to do as they pleased, it was just as simple as that.

No fishing, no hunting. Well, that was a tad bit boring no? But well, apparently the Lord used other people to put food on the table. As would any other lord do as well. But there was something about that hunt, no matter if it was with fishing or with hunting. But that chase of an animal, getting to that point where it would be you or the animal. It was something special, something he held dear. Something he would have a blast with in teaching their child. Yeah, that would be something amazing. The thought alone made him smile shortly, staring off for a moment. When Asher spoke again, he snapped out of his little daydream looking back up at the man. ’It would be, but not when it’s warming up here. It would taint the flesh and that would be a waist wouldn’t it?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 21:40

Alec continued to tell him that he shouldn’t have brought it up, to which Asher casually shrugged. He didn’t particularly mind. It was a major difference between the two of them, he didn’t see why it couldn’t be discussed. Although he was willing to acknowledge that a hunting trip with his son-in-law probably wasn’t the best moment to discuss politics. “It’s fine,” he said, feeling as if much more wasn’t going to be said about this anyway. He was starting to get a sense as to why Willa liked this guy, though.

With his schedule, he didn’t have time to do much of anything anymore. Every waking minute that he had time off, he chose to spend at home with his family. Or well, lately he’d spent those hours hanging around bars and drinking himself into a stupor. Asher figured that transporting the animal in pieces would be easier, but they hadn’t exactly brought equipment to do that, did they? At least, he hadn’t. Alec said it would taint the flesh, to which Asher shrugged. “You’re the expert,” he said, starting to tie the rope onto the animal’s antler. Poor horse.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 22:02

Letting it go right now seemed the smarter thing. Mainly because discussing politics wasn’t why he had wanted to go on this hunting trip with the man. It was just to get to know the other better. To show him that he would never threat a woman he would consider his daughter in any bad way, to offer the other some reassurance in that. But mainly to actually talk about well, all that random stuff they had talked about. Maybe if he wouldn’t have married Willa they could really talk, yet right now risking an actual fight with the man. No, that wasn’t on his list. In a while maybe, but not on their first time actually meeting. Because wrecking things with this man, would partially mean wrecking things with his wife and that wasn’t something he ever wanted.

’Sometimes I forget how busy Lords and Ladies are.’ He shortly hummed. Because well if anything that would be the reason why Asher didn’t hunt right or fish for that matter. Or so he told himself. Together with Asher they tied up the stag first. ’Oh no, trust me usually when I hunt I have people to actually transport it. This is just to impress you.’ A joke, though there was some truth in it. Besides, it wasn’t that he went hunting every week. No, once a month would do it. Sometimes with Apollo, more often with other people he knew.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 22:34

Asher found his thoughts still lingering on why Alec had chosen to say these things about his men. Surely, they wouldn’t look up at the likes of him at all. He hadn’t sent any forces to help out with the undying problem, nor had he taken in any refugees. If anything, he should be regarded as a coward, an enemy, instead of some unsung hero. Asher figured that Alec just wanted the two of them to get along, so he just let it rest for now.

A weak smile appeared on his face when Alec talked about how busy lords could be. “Sometimes we only pretend to be,” he told the other man. Most lords and ladies had some other business next to their lordship, which often made for a busy life. “I’m sure the Lord Commander of the North has plenty to do too, though.” He couldn’t imagine that Alec was not a busy man. Alec stated that he usually had people transport the animal for him, to which Asher hummed. “Well, colour me impressed,” he muttered, finishing the knot on the animal. At least he knew how to do that properly. He fixed the animal to Alec’s horse and found his own. “Do you prepare them yourself?” he asked after he’d mounted his horse, nodding at the dead animal. He was curious to watch that happen.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 22:43

Had he said those things about his men to impress the Lord? He actually hadn’t. When that story about Asher and the horse had travelled this far they were actually impressed. The rest he actually left in the middle for now. Most of the man who had heard that tale weren’t amongst the living anymore. Making them weakened as it was, but that was not something he was going to say out loud was he? They had taken a beating, but they had prevailed at a huge expense for sure.

’Oh you do hm? You too? Or are you talking about the others?’ He chuckled shortly. He had no right to speak about other lords and ladies, because that weren’t the circles he was accustomed too. ’Well, can’t say I’m not. But I’ve been only returning back to the job since a few days actually.’ Alec spoke honestly. He wasn’t going to hide it away that he had gotten hurt, sure it would be better for his ego and everything but he couldn’t care about those things. Not when so many had lost their lives and he had been picked out to live. ’More like, color me impressed. That’s a fine knot there.’ An approving smile appeared on his lips. They both fixed the animal to his horse, before Alec mounted it. ’Can’t take all the credit for myself, but I do help Camilla out.’ It was in fact the least he could do back for the woman that helped him out on a daily basis.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 23:02

Honestly, he couldn’t come up with a single reason why anyone would look up to him. And he knew for a fact that people shouldn’t. If they did, you tended to get people like Willa, and one of her was already more than enough. His actions were questionable at best and he had never considered himself a role model. Strangely enough, he did have four legitimate children that were someday going to indeed look up at him for some form of guidance. And he had no idea what to do with that.

Alec asked whether he was talking about other lords or referring to himself. “A bit of both,” he said. He’d seen calmer days, in which he had quite a bit of time for himself. But with being in charge of a city, a company, and a bunch of children, there wasn’t much time left to actually do things he wanted to do. Alec told him he’d returned to the job a few days ago. “I’m sure it’s not easy guiding these people after everything that happened.” Asher could imagine if morale was a little low at this point. Asher smirked when the man complimented his knot. “At least I learnt something at sea, huh,” he said, finishing up tying it. It wasn’t a particularly interesting skill, but it was damn useful. Camilla helped him out with dressing the stag, to which Asher nodded. “She can teach me too, then.” It was something he did want to know how to do.

Last edited by Asher Fabron on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 23:30; edited 2 times in total

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 23:13

’This might come off weird or something, but you know. Thank you for taking care of her.’ The man shortly scratched the back of his head. Smiling. Alec for one didn’t quite remember what if was to have a father figure himself, but that wasn’t what he was trying to tell here. ’I don’t know the specifics of what happened to her real folks and maybe I’ll never find out. But if anything you kind of raises a good woman. If you forget about the weird stuff she does.’ A short grin lined his lips as he let his hand brush over the neck of his horse. ’I guess the point I’m trying to make here that I actually got really lucky with her and for some reason I have you to thank for that. So whatever you’ve done with her, I think you’re set with the little ones. Though maybe lessen the drinking.’ And now he could actually stop with acting so weird thank you very much.

Shortly he chuckled at those words, something he could kind of understand. Mainly because he had seen how busy Apollo had become after he was appointed to lord of Highlands. ’Right now, it’s just helping with rebuilding the city. Signing papers. Trying to ground the man as best as I can.’ Though he wasn’t doing that good of a job or well that was what he thought after all. ’Never said you didn’t.’ A chuckle resounded again as he shortly glanced at the animal his horse was carrying. Motioning the steed to go forward. ’I mean, she is hard on me though. But I’m sure she could use a bit more help in the kitchen today yes.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jun 2020, 23:34

Asher lifted a brow when Alec actually thanked him for looking after Willa. He shrugged it off. “Someone had to,” he said. A little blonde girl, in the middle of nowhere without her parents, trying to compete in drinking with grown ass men. It was clear from the get-go that this was a girl who didn’t have any father-figure, or mother-figure for that matter. Asher knew what it was like to be that alone in the world, so he had taken her under his wing. Alec then went into an entire monologue about Willa. He briefly snorted when he told him about ‘the weird stuff’. Needless to say, that made him a tad bit curious. Alec finished up by saying ‘thank you’, but advising him to lessen the drinking. “Well, I can’t take all the credit,” he said. Even with his presence, Willa had done a lot by herself. And he’d just ignore the comment about the drinking.

Alec told him that he was just helping out with rebuilding the city these days. “’Just’ rebuilding the city?” he repeated. It didn’t sound all that easy to him. Asher finished up his little task and mounted his trusty horse again, urging it to move. He chuckled a little when Alec spoke about Camilla. “Those are the best teachers,” he said. His father had been an absolute dick, for example, but he had learnt a lot while under the man’s tyrannical rule.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum