⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Metanoia Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Metanoia Empty Metanoia

on Thu 21 May 2020, 11:37

Three days. Being married for three days. To be fair it didn’t feel different at all. But in another way it did. Him and Willa had visibly grown closer to each other. Which he loved with his entire heart. It was something special, something he couldn’t put into words. The bond he had with her, it went through anything. As far as he knew, his wife and child were doing good. Though the little bean was often tired or so Willa said, not moving around anymore. Which could be a thing, he didn’t know. But as long as Willa would state that everything was okay he would believe her.

The whole wedding had put a light on a situation that he wasn’t informed about. The Lord of the Lair sufficed as her father figure, which actually came to a huge surprise brought to him on his wedding day nonetheless. That surprise had led him here to this point. Alec was going to take Asher, his kind of father-in-law hunting. A chance for both men to get to know each other. In the best way he could imagine apart from over a bottle of rum that was. But let’s be fair for once they should enjoy the weather now that it was decent outside. Actually warm for the time of the year already. Yeah, this would be better. Was he slightly nervous about this? For sure, if this didn’t go well. It would surely be something to mention. Off course, it wouldn’t annul the wedding or whatever since it already happened but in all honesty. For Willa, he wanted that Asher supported this completely.

The man had slipped out of bed, not to early in the morning but early enough for Willa to still be tucked away under the pelts, kissing her cheek lovingly. Getting dressed, yet leaving the so called array of pelts at home for the day. Wearing a dark long sleeved shirt, with leather alike trousers equally as dark. Quietly slipping out of the room as well before he made his way to where he stashed his weapons, grabbing two fine looking bows, his sword and a couple of daggers. After collecting what he needed he went off to meet Asher.

Metanoia Tumblr_o9llnqc02c1v79sbao9_400
Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

Metanoia Empty Re: Metanoia

on Fri 22 May 2020, 23:37

Coming to the Highlands wasn’t something he had regretted thus far, but staying here for as long as he had wasn’t exactly pleasant. He had lived most of his live in the Crownlands and the Evergreen, which meant that he wasn’t used to these cold fucking temperatures at all. Every single time he travelled this far north, he had to learn the hard way that he wasn’t exactly made for climates such as this one. And every single time he forgot to pack some decent clothes.

Which was very unfortunate in case you were going out hunting in the cold. Asher hadn’t been able to decline, because going out to hunt actually sounded like good fun as opposed to being stuck here in this dreary city. Not to mention that it had been Alec who had invited him along, which was something he didn’t feel like he could say ‘no’ to. Willa was like a daughter to him, which meant that he probably should get to know the guy she had married. And maybe, just maybe, he should’ve done that prior to the two of them actually getting married.

Asher wasn’t all too great at getting up early, which is why he hadn’t. By the time Alec arrived at his inn, he was only halfway dressed and hadn’t even begun to nibble at his breakfast. All that happened in the five minutes afterwards, and Asher eventually appeared at the door, looking rather hurried and dishevelled. “Mornin’,” he said, his voice still hoarse from sleeping. “Good to go?” he asked, for good measure, because he himself had finally gotten ready.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 23 May 2020, 20:00

Honestly, he had no clue about how this would go. What the other man would think of him, was he even able to hunt? Most likely stuff he needed to think about before actually suggesting this little outing, but well here he was waiting in front of an inn. Nervous. Because this was important right? Asher was important to Willa and thus he needed to make an effort into getting to know the guy, right? Though chances were there that they wouldn’t like one another, those chances were bigger than anything. But well, he needed to do this. He needed to make that choice. Because if he didn’t do any effort to get to know a man his wife considered family, well what good would that do for him?

When Asher did appear a soft smile curled around his lips. He looked, like he just rolled out of bed. Ah yes, that southern thing to stay in bed as long as possible. No judgement there, because well if anything that road trip with Willa had well given him a taste of that as well. Though hunting at noon was rather stupid, most of the animals would’ve gone out themselves when right now they were still at the locations he expected them to be. ’Sure am sir. Are you?’ Alec being civil, it was something new but well those were the nerves that were shooting down his body. ’I brought you a bow, didn’t know if you needed one.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 24 May 2020, 22:54

At least he didn’t have to worry about impressing Alec. Or maybe he should. The man was the Lord Commander to the northern army, after all, which was something that sounded awfully important. But Asher was doing this more as a favour to Willa, and to make sure that she had actually married a decent guy. Today would be easy, he thought. They would go out, hunt for a while, come back, have a drink, and that would be it. Finally he’d be allowed a simple day.

Asher dragged a quick hand through his hair in order to put the few loose strands back into place. He didn’t look as put-together as he would want to, but he figured he would return looking like a hot mess anyway. Hunting wasn’t something that made you look more aesthetically pleasing, or so he believed. Because the simple fact remained that he had never really hunted before. How hard could it really be, though? Alec already was ready to go, or so it seemed. Asher narrowed his eyes when the man actually called him ‘sir’. He waved it off. “Don’t call me that, please. It makes me feel old,” he said. And he wasn’t old yet, no matter how much Willa contested that point of view. His brows raised in surprise when Alec told him he’d brought a bow. “I do, actually,” he said as he stepped outside, closing the door to his room behind him. “I don’t really know how to use one, but that’s a problem for later.” For all he cared, Alec could do the actual hunting. He was just going to fuck around and hope Alec would catch them some lunch.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 25 May 2020, 13:06

The ask of him not calling the man sir made him nod shortly, a quick grin shooting over his lips. Though, some sense kicked in to not call this man old right away. That felt like a Willa job to do and well, he did want to stay on Asher’s good side. If anything he just wanted to get to know the guy, spend some time with his kind of father-in-law. Finding out more about his wife, you know that kind of thing. Him calling Asher out for his age wasn’t something that would help him out. He’d probably end up with an arrow in his shoulder or something if he did so, so yeah he just leave that to those that apparently did bring it up every once in a while. ’I’ will try to keep the word out of my mouth.’ He shortly smirked at him. To Alec it was normal that he spoke to people like this, mainly because well he addressed people to the likes of Asher apart of them being from the North that was. A custom. Yes, that was the best way to call it.

Asher stated that he did indeed need a bow. Smiling at his next words. ’So, you’re not the one who learned Willa how to fire an arrow then?’ Interesting. Alec handed him the light bow and smiled shortly before he turned around and walked out of the little inn. Hopefully this wasn’t the drafty one Willa had wanted to stay in when she just got here. ’Normally I wouldn’t go on horseback, but maybe for now it’s best that we do? It will shorten the trip if anything.’ Though he still wanted to leave the horses somewhere in the woods and go on an old fashioned kind of hunt. But he wasn’t sure if Asher here liked that. ’So you don’t actually know much about hunting then?’ The man shortly glanced over his shoulder an grin caressing his lips. Which wasn’t something that one needed to be ashamed of in any way, because in the end customs were different in every province of Avalance so.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 25 May 2020, 23:28

The other man grinned and nodded, which probably didn’t bode well. Willa loved to tease him about his age – unrightfully so – and Asher sincerely hoped that her shitty habit wouldn’t transfer over to her new husband. Otherwise, he was going to have to retract his blessing for their union. Right now, however, he was sure that Alec was a pretty decent guy, and that he would behave himself for the coming time. Willa undoubtedly talked trash about him, though, and it was only a matter of time before Alec caught on too. Asher smirked when Alec said he’d keep the word out of his mouth. “Attaboy,” he commented, ready to head out.

Asher snorted at Alec’s question. “Oh, god, no. I taught her pretty much everything else, though,” he said. All the important things, at least. Drinking, swearing, drinking even more, those types of things. The unfortunate thing was that Willa had turned out far better at most things than him too. But he supposed that was what you should want for the people that were following in your footsteps. Asher left the inn with him, and Alec suggested going on horseback. “Sounds fine to me,” he said. He hated horseback riding, but he figured it was better than actually walking through the woods for a couple of hours. He shook his head to the next question. “Nope. I grew up around the Dragonwatch harbour, so there was never much hunting to do,” he told the other man. “And I spent the majority of the rest of my life at sea.” Hunting was simply not something he’d ever needed to do in order to survive, unlike many northerners. “I’m willing to learn, though.” Who knew? Maybe it would come in handy one day.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 May 2020, 12:37

A soft chuckle was audible as they were walking out of the inn. So no arrow shooting but everything else. ’Her love for rum, I mean who else could it be but you to teach her that.’ A soft grin toyed around his lips. Surely not something bad, because that same love for the specific beverage that one could only gather in the Evergreen so it seemed, had transferred upon him and if he would be given the time he could probably introduce it in the north. Though typically for the most Highlanders they liked their ale and if anything, rum wouldn’t compare to all the different kinds of ale that were out to be found in the Highlands, the newest addition being the ale the young raven in Aeldun was brewing.

Good that the man had gathered the horses already, them waiting out in front. Accompanied by both Thor and Odin, the massive dogs which would come in handy during the hunt actually. And just maybe it was a bit of showing off but well. The mention of the man never have hunted before made him shortly tilt his head, well that was inconvenient for sure. ’Life at sea hm? Must have bean a dream.’ Sure, Alec had set foot on a ship, yet also for hunting. Whale hunting actually so that probably wasn’t even worthy to compare to the life the other man was describing. Soon enough he mounted his white stallion and smirked at Asher. ’Well, I don’t think you’ve got another choice right now.’ In the end he could actually stomp his feet like a little kid and not get on the horse but well, at least he would’ve done the effort then. ’Not saying I’m the best teacher but I will promise that I’ll bring us home some lunch or dinner yeah? Which means that you need to come over tonight or this afternoon.’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 May 2020, 20:12

Asher was sure he could try his hand at shooting an arrow. How hard could it really be? Even women could do it. A half smirk appeared on his face when Alec noted Willa’s acquired taste for rum. It was never too early in the marriage to introduce your spouse to your raging alcohol problem, was it? “I did teach her to drink, but her love for the stuff is undoubtedly inherent,” he stated. If he didn’t knew any better, he would truly believe that Willa was his actual daughter with the way she took after him in so many things. Especially drinking.

He eyed the horses that were already readied for them. Asher couldn’t say he had a particular affinity for the animals in the way his bastard son had. If anything, he saw them as a tool for getting around. A ship that occasionally needed to be fed. Alec’s words made him briefly chuckle. “If you consider being stuck on a piece of driftwood for six months with a bunch of dirty, hungry men to be ‘a dream’, then yes.” If not, then no. But he didn’t regret any amount of time he’d spent at sea, though. Sometimes he even missed it. Asher took the other horse, mounting it with ease. Alec put out the disclaimer that he wasn’t the best teacher, but they weren’t going home empty-handed. He briefly smiled when the other man invited him over for dinner. “Did you get Willa to cook for you yet or is that completely out of the question?” he jokingly asked. Frankly, he couldn’t picture the blonde doing any kind of domestic task. Not without using excessive violence, at least.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 27 May 2020, 13:39

Shortly Alec grinned, shaking his head a little. Yes, if he had learned anything it was that Willa knew her way around the bottle. Which wasn’t good nor bad. If anything it was the one thing that had led them here and well Alec still was over the moon excited for all of it. Which was well rather cute in the end, but he tried to keep that excitement contained. Certainly since he was going hunting with her father-like figure. Wasn’t the best to look like an lovesick puppy right. If anything he just hoped that this whole thing would go well, even if he had to pull all the weight when it came down to hunting. Alec was a man on a mission and that mission was to get to know both Asher and Willa at the same exact time.

’Well, I’d like to be on a ship for that matter. Not on driftwood. Though in the end probably a situation that means more to you.’ Where Asher could’ve been drifting on the seas for months, Alec had been stuck mid winter on the mountains fending for himself when he came of age. Things were different in the way they had grown up, he wasn’t sure about the backstory of the man here but it was undeniably different from that of himself. Which was okay. It would be weird that it wasn’t. His blue eyes went to the man who had mounted his horse as well, tilting his head as a little smirk appeared on his lips. ’I’m not sure if she can cook, but she’d probably smack my head if I even asked. So no, the woman that is living with me will cook.’ Alec grinned softly. It wasn’t that he couldn’t cook himself, but honestly now that he had the other here he’d love to spend some time with the three of them. Soon enough he motioned his horse to go forward, just on a walking pace. ’So tell me more about the Lair hm?’ If anything he wanted to learn more about the place Willa seemed to love so dearly.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 28 May 2020, 14:20

Willa was little short of your average pirate. A mouth like a sailor, and an alcohol tolerance also like a sailor. The woman knocked back shots of rum as if it were water, and honestly, it was quite terrifying at times. She both had the temper and the aggressive tendencies of a pirate. The only difference was that she came packaged in the body of a young, attractive blonde instead of some musty old man with a peg for a leg and an eyepatch.

The man expressed that he would like to be on a ship, not driftwood. Asher shrugged. “If you’re really that excited about it, you could come with some time,” he suggested. He doubted a man of Alec’s importance had time for such things, though. Besides, most people were thoroughly exhausted after eating hard tack and sleeping in a shaky hammock for a week. Asher settled on his horse, grabbing the reins and urging the animal to move. Alec’s little quip at Willa made Asher briefly chuckle. Maybe they could find a mutual hobby in talking shit about her behind her back. He certainly wouldn’t mind. He raised a brow when Alec talked about ‘the woman living with me’. “You have two of those?” he asked. Willa and an additional mysterious woman? Of course, he figured that it had to be a maid of some sorts, but he couldn’t help but tease the other man a little bit. His horse was slowly stepping forwards, over towards the nearby forests, as Alec asked him about the Lair. “Oh, it’s a shithole. But we’re all so fond of it down there that we can’t get ourselves to leave,” he told the other man. Kraken’s Lair was a chaotic and rowdy place, but sometimes he wouldn’t have it any other way. Some things you could do only there, and not anywhere else. “Have you ever been?” he asked. He figured the answer was ‘no’, and he was pretty sure a man like Alec wouldn’t fare particularly well in a place like the Lair.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 28 May 2020, 21:55

’Might do that, depending on how busy I am.’ There was a keen shot of him actually going to do exactly that. He had been on whale hunting ships, how different could it be right? And well, maybe Willa would like that as well. Whenever they would go down to the Lair, yeah just maybe he actually planning on doing that exactly. Though maybe not with Asher joining them because if in any case a pirate ship would sail different that the ships he was used too. Yeah, no he did not want to look like a complete and utter fool just yet. Maybe after being married longer, than the Lord could join. Though to be fair, the chances of him getting some spare time were rather slim that much he did know.

A chuckle had been audible and he grinned shortly. Though the comment on Camilla made him raise a brow, and made his cheeks turn as red as blood. ’Ehh.’ Shortly he brushed a hand through his hair, worrying his lip but he got that Asher was joking, or well that he hoped. ’Camilla is well, kind of my mother figure.’ He shortly explained. Because no, calling that woman his maid was downgrading in any way and she had always been way more than just that. But well anyway he had explained and well he doubted that Willa would be actually into being the additional wife, that was a bit too much to ask. Besides if anything the man was only interested in one woman, maybe two if the child she was carrying turned out to be a girl. This time it was him who chuckled about the explanation about the place that he ruled. Not the greatest description if one was tempting him to go there once but well, he didn’t expect too much. ’Actually, I have. Only briefly, but I have been there. Didn’t see all too much about it but well. It’s certainly an interesting place.’ Which was an understatement for sure.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 13:12

Alec said he might come along, which briefly made Asher grin. He was curious to see exactly how long it would take the man to get bored of it. “Whenever you want,” he merely said. People always painted the most exciting picture of living a pirate’s life. Drinking, gambling, raiding, and whatever other verb you could come up with. But in all reality, you were usually just stuck on a ship for weeks on end without all that much to do. Boredom was one of the most prominent tortures on board. There wasn’t all that much excitement in waiting for another ship to pass by.

The man’s cheeks grew red when Asher inquired about this curious woman he kept in his house. And here he was, thinking he was the only cheater here. No, there had to be something more to it. Apparently, this lady was his mother figure, probably in the way that Asher was Willa’s ‘father’. Asher hummed. “Ah, right,” he said. “Important to have those around.” People without mothers had a tendency to turn out particularly bad. Just like him. Asher was surprised to find out that Alec had been to the Lair, only briefly. Asher chuckled. “An interesting place, huh?” he said as they neared the woods. A curious choice of words. “Maybe if you stay around for a little while you might get to see its charm.” As much of a mess as it was, there was something about the Lair that made those people come back. The chaos of it all, maybe.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 17:28

Honestly, a part of him was actually looking forward to get to know more of Willa’s world. Because well in the end that was what one did right, when they married. Getting to know each other. Off course, if anything he would’ve like that to happen before the wedding but there really had been no time to go to waste. The pirate life, it wouldn’t be cut out for him that much he did know but well in the end it would be an experience that he could share with his wife and maybe even possible his kind of father in law. ’So, you got kids of your own right? What’s that like?’ Alec shortly pulled a hand through his hair, looking a bit sheepishly at the man hoping he could tell him more about it. Because taking care of those, even though their different values, would be pretty much the same right?

’Well, yeah she’d be a great help once the little one is born for sure.’ Mainly because neither he or Willa had any idea about taking care of kids in the first place. That would become the greatest task at hand right, them taking care of a child of their own. It scared him, more than fighting Undyings scared him. So well, yeah that would be lovely to see unfold. ’Well yes, interesting to someone coming from here for sure.’ Alec grinned. ’Who knows in a while hm? Let you and Willa show me the best bars and all.’ A grin curled around his lips eventually riding into the woods. Shortly glancing around if he spotted some animals already, which was highly unlikely. Animals didn’t trail near the edge of the forest. They stuck to the more denser parts.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 23:36

Asher wouldn’t have ever thought he’d be spending time with the Lord Commander of the Freyr army, but here he was. And it was strange to admit that he wasn’t even having that bad of a time. He figured he got the quality treatment, though, since he was Willa’s father-figure and all. He needed to be impressed by this man, as if his titles weren’t enough to do that by themselves already. Asher imagined this Alec to be quite a different man when he wandered around Caer Scion, yelling commands at a legion of northerners. A single corner of his mouth turned up when Alec asked him about his children. “A lot of work,” he answered. He currently had four young children at home who needed constant supervision. He’d say it was worth it, but sometimes he wasn’t entirely sure. “You’re gonna wonder whether you’re fucking up all the time. But as long as you’re simply present, you’re already doing better than half the fathers out there.” If Alec had the gall to leave Willa alone with a newborn baby, Asher would for sure hunt him down.

This alleged mother figure of his would be a massive help when the baby arrived and Asher didn’t doubt it. “Yeah, but you gotta pull your weight, or they’ll throw it in your face constantly,” he said, shaking his head a little. He had the luxury of being able to be there for his children, though. The many sailors in Kraken’s Lair were stuck at sea for months on end, to the point that their children simply forgot about them. Asher let out an amused chuckle at Alec’s words. “Oh, I can’t wait to see her drink you under the table,” he said. Because she would. Both Alec and him. He looked around once they entered the woods, hearing the chirping of birds and the rustling of branches. He had to admit, for as much as he hated the north, it was kind of pretty at times.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 19:37

Shortly Alec frowned when the man mentioned that children were a lot of work. He figured but still, he had been hoping for a walk in the park to be fair. Mainly because he was a busy man, not that he would put his job above his family. That wasn’t who he was. Though a bit more easy things, yeah that wouldn’t make him complain. ’At least your honest about it.’ Alec chuckled softly, pulling a hand through his hair. Yeah, that was something he could actually appreciate. Even when he didn’t like the answer, it told him a bit more about the man. Or well, it only told him so much because in the end he was only getting to know the man here. ’Well, that’s the plan hm? Doing better than most parents or fathers around.’ He would be around. Hell, that had been one of the reasons why he had accepted the kid so quick. Deep down he always wanted to be a dad. Now he had the opportunity, so no he wouldn’t fuck up. Or well try. ’You got for right?’ Plenty more right there, but that wasn’t his business. ’Do you guys have any time for yourself left?’

’I will. But it will help from the moment work needs me again.’ Cammi’s help would be the best thing that was for sure, but he didn’t want to not be in the life of the baby. That wasn’t going to happen and if anything Apollo just needed to understand that. But well, something told him that his friend would understand as long as he kept his duties to him. A smile lingered on his lips as he just watched the serenity of the woods fold out in front of them. The North might be cold, but from the moment Spring settled in, it became a beautiful place. ’Well, yeah that’s going to be fun. Though, don’t make me race horses through the city like you did yourself hm?’ Oh yes, that story had reached him. A grin appeared on his lips as he motioned the horse to go further, keeping his eyes open. ’What do you want for dinner hm?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 02:29

Of course, he could have given the other man some cliché answer such as ‘they’re a lot of work, but you get back even more’ or ‘it’s worth it every step of the way’, but what was the point in that? It was hard work and it wasn’t always pleasant. Asher had pondered about millions of times whether he was cut out to be a father and more often than not he concluded that no, he wasn’t. He was away from home a lot, he had his own demons that he barely knew how to deal with, he treated his wife like shit occasionally. He wasn’t a good father by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn’t like he could take back having a family. So, here he was. Asher shrugged. “There’s no point in not being honest.” If he wanted to spend an afternoon straight-up lying to Alec, he might as well just have gone home already. Asher slightly hummed at the words that followed. “The plan’s doing better than your own parents did,” he said. It was a hard thing to do, though. How were you supposed to beat your parents at their own game, when they were the ones to have fucked you up in the first place?

A brief nod. Four kids, who would’ve thought? “Not really,” he said. “When I’m not too busy with work and my wife’s not too busy with the kids, we’re both too tired to even talk to each other.” Let alone do anything else. Sometimes he wondered how the hell he had even ended up here. Alec’s words actually made him think. “Maybe I should get myself a maid,” he said. Maybe that way some of the pressure would be taken off of him and Skaði. He’d get an ugly one, though, just to make sure that she wouldn’t get jealous. Asher perked up a little when the other man brought up the infamous horse-racing story. “She told you about that, huh?” he said, shaking his head ever so slightly. Was he ever going to live that down? He briefly considered his options for dinner before answering Alec’s question. “Haven’t had deer in ages,” he said. There simply weren’t that many of them around the Lair, and neither were there many decent hunters. Case in point.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 11:22

The truth, hearing the actual truth from Asher wasn’t something he had expected to be fair. Or well, not on this matter at least. Other matters couldn’t bother him that much. But this, this was a man with kids, a wife. He knew how life went right? Yes, maybe he wouldn’t be the finest example but again, he didn’t know much of the man so he couldn’t judge him on that. Shortly he hummed at what Asher said. ’Honesty is one of the greatest values in the end. I don’t stand behind man who are dishonest.’ Alec hummed calmly, shortly smiling at the man. Him saying this, it didn’t have nothing to do with whom he was know. But honesty was in fact one of the things that he valued most about others. Liars, yeah they had a rougher time with actually coming in his good graces. Shortly he scoffed at the next remark. ’That’s not going to be so hard.’ His parents weren’t the best, but well that went by for most of the people of Avalance so he wasn’t going to actually think much about it. ’I’m nervous about becoming a dad to be fair.’

A family of four, that wasn’t something that he could held possible to be fair.’Well, that’s something to look forward too I guess.’ A sigh was audible, yeah no he wasn’t going to let that happen or try at least. He still wanted to spend time with Willa as well, get to know her more. ’I mean, Camilla is not a maid, but well maybe you could do that. It might give you and Lady Fabron some time to do whatever.’ He hummed softly. Did he know about the worrisome marriage of the man next to him? He did not, and it wasn’t any of his business in the end. ’Oh no no, she didn’t tell me anything. That story travelled all the way up here, that’s what war does hm?’ A smirk appeared on his lips. If anything that little tale had become legendary. Something that even occurred here every once in a while, yet not with lords and their bastards for that matter. ’Then let’s hope that we can catch some hm? Or well if we don’t I know a guy.’ He grinned, spurring his horse on again making it go a tad faster. Blue eyes gazing over the woods, yet nothing even came up right now. Not yet anyway.

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 06 Jun 2020, 13:02

It wasn’t so much his honesty that made him say these things – because, really, he wasn’t all that honest – but simply the fact he just liked complaining about things every now and then. He adored his family, he really did, but sometimes he was glad to get out of the house for a few days and have some time to himself. Life could get rather hectic when you ruled a city and owned a company only to come home to three hyperactive children and an exhausted wife at the end of your already busy day. Therefore, Asher snorted when Alec said honesty was one of the greatest values. “Says the man who’s going out hunting with a pirate,” he remarked. His ‘kind’ wasn’t known to be the most honest. But arguably, he was no longer a pirate these days. Asher briefly looked at the other man when he disclosed a little something about his parents. Maybe the man didn’t have the best childhood either. He was nervous about becoming a father, too. “That’s probably a good thing, though. Means you wanna do a good job, which I’m sure you will,” he said. Willa, on the other hand…

Asher wondered whether this was going to be it. Four kids sounded like plenty and he was no longer allowed to put his hands on Skaði anyway, so chances were that Lily would be the last addition to their family. He was fine with it. Their home was crowded enough as it was. He pondered about getting a maid, or a nanny, but Skaði had refused to do so many times. He wasn’t sure whether she just really wanted to do everything herself or whether she really just didn’t trust him with having another woman around the house. “I don’t think Lady Fabron wants to do much of anything with me at this point,” he said, although he wished he hadn’t. Alec didn’t need to know about the precarious state of his marriage. The rumour about him had really travelled all this way, unfortunately. “Great,” he muttered. As if people didn’t have plenty of reason to hate him already. As Alec urged his horse to go faster, Asher did too. Looking around, he didn’t catch the slightest glimpse of any deer. Maybe this would take a while.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 07 Jun 2020, 20:24

Maybe calling the man honest wasn’t a right assumption because he was in fact a pirate. But Alec didn’t want to draw anymore conclusions than that. From what he could tell was that Asher was telling him the truth about parenthood something he could never get from Camilla since she didn’t have any children of her own. But having this man tell him that it would be hard, it meant more to him than he could actually tell him. It gave him some kind of vision of the future where he would be juggling everything in his best efforts to keep everyone happy. ’Well, let’s say I’m done drawing conclusions about southerners?’ A joke, or well not really. Ever since the roadtrip with Willa he had began to see the southerners more different than to what was being said here about them. ’Well see about that. If anything I don’t even know how to hold a baby properly, probably drop them the first moment I have it in my arms.’

Shortly the man tilted his head about what the other just said. A frown appearing on his head as he just watched Asher for a while. But, he only hummed softly. ’I’m sorry to hear that, is that why you didn’t bring her with? Or is she taking care of the little ones?’ Again, he didn’t want to assume anything he was just making conversation with the man. Though he could understand if Asher didn’t want to talk about it with him. I mean, he was just his son-in-law, kind off. So that was probably weird. ’If anything Lord Fabron, they look up to you here.’ Alec winked at the other, gazing back out in front of him soon enough. Eventually holding the reigns a bit tighter, making his steed stop. Looking out in the distance, eyes scanning the premises. Pointing out in front of them, quite a distance away a stag was grazing making him smirk. ’Want to do the honors? Or want me to do it and tell Willa you shot it?’

Demi

Character Sheet
Asher Fabron
Asher Fabron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 01:32

Officially, Asher was no longer a pirate. He was pardoned by the lovely Lord Loran Vigneron, relieving him of that horrible stigma for as long as he behaved. Still, he was very much a pirate at heart. He yearned for the sea after spending too much time on land and he had a tendency to take things that didn’t belong to them. Maybe you really couldn’t change people at their core, but he sure as hell was trying. Alec’s comment briefly made him chuckle. “No two of us are the same,” Asher finally agreed. There was no way you could compare someone from the Lair to someone from Fairview, after all, even if they were particularly close to each other. The next comment actually made him laugh, mostly because of the visual that came along with it. “Ah, don’t worry about it. Babies are sturdy,” he assured the other man. He may or may not have dropped his own a couple of times before.

Stupid, stupid idiot. Why did he have to bring up his marriage now? Alec inquired why he hadn’t brought her along. “A little bit of both, I guess,” he said. He could always get Cres to stay behind and watch the kids so he could bring Skaði along, but well… He was also intending to visit Freyja, which probably wouldn’t be a good idea to bring his wife along to. Fortunately, Alec said something that managed to lighten the mood again. Asher audibly snorted at the man’s next words. “Now you’re the one who’s lying,” he said. Ain’t no one looking up to him anywhere, especially not here.

Asher told his horse to halt when Alec did so, causing him to look around once again. His brows were raised a little when he actually spotted a stag grazing in the distance. A wide grin appeared on his face. “Oh, no, I’ll fuck it up. You show me how it’s done first,” he told Alec. He preferred to learn by example, and well, he also preferred to have some actual dinner tonight.

i am a series

of small victories

and large defeats
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum