Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice has ended with four lucky people finding an egg and hatching a dragon of their own.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Nyssa Cerwyn
Mini-avatar : A Family Ordeal TrOs
IC posts : 66
Alias : Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Nyssa CerwynAvalance Citizen

A Family Ordeal Empty
A Family Ordeal

on Fri 01 May 2020, 11:41
Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away cast away
The news of Azrael’s passing had reached the ship. For a moment, Nyssa had considered sending her cousin a card. ‘I’m sorry your husband died.’ This idea had been cursed by most of her crew, but most of all: mister Captain. He told her that it would be something she would regret, that she needed to spend some time with her family. After all, who knew how long until another would pass away? She had never even had the chance to meet Azrael, as she had always had an excuse not to come by. She had seen him from afar during the tournament, sure, but that had been the last time she was in the Glade.

If her crew would see her now, they would wonder where Nyssa had gone. A red dress was shaped perfectly around her body, falling loosely down her hips. Silver details were found in the top part of the dress, which fit the red hood that covered her brown hair. She looked nothing like the woman she was on ship, but that was the whole point. She did not need everyone to look at her like she didn’t belong here.

The Glades were cold. A few days here and she was already missing the warmth of the south. Yet, this was home. She stepped towards the castle and showed a smile to the first guard that looked at her. He told her to state her business. Of course. “Pray tell my cousin that I would wish to see her,” she told him, a sharp tone in her voice. The puzzled look on his face showed that he did not recognize her, which should not come as a surprise. She took the hood off, that same smile still gracing her lips. “Now, off you go. I do not have all the time in the world.” She needed to get out of these clothes and back on her ship, where she belonged.
Where innocence is burned in flames
MONTY

Last edited by Nyssa Cerwyn on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 14:06; edited 1 time in total

Adeena Sylversword
Mini-avatar : A Family Ordeal Tumblr_inline_ocsu7h0DXN1tgsn29_250
IC posts : 120
Alias : Swaas

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Adeena SylverswordLady of Sapphire Keep

A Family Ordeal Empty
Re: A Family Ordeal

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 16:03
The weeks since her husband’s passing had been filled with everything and yet it felt like nothing had happened. Adeena went through her days with a coldness that was expected from a leader, and she forced emotions to show whenever that was expected of her. A set of guards pushed open the door to her meeting room and she looked up at the two. ”I told you I was busy with looking over some things concerning the dispute further North, I did not want to be disturbed,” she strictly told them and they both nodded. ”We’re sorry for disturbing you milady, but there’s someone at the gates calling you her cousin,” the eldest stated and Adeena frowned slightly before standing up.

The navy dress rustled around her legs as she walked to the entrance of the castle, guard flanking her on both sides. The deep blue showed how pale the woman was and put the accent on the blue eyes adorning her face. The brunette exited the palace and as soon as she noticed the other woman she let a smile slip through, ”Let her through,” her voice resounded against the stone walls. Soon, her cousin was let through by the guards and Adeena stretched her arms in a gesture of familiarity while greeting her. ”My dear cousin, Nyssa, how has it been,” she asked. The Lady was showing emotions that were expected of her, you could never know when your pirate cousin would come with interesting information, or when she could be used to Adeena’s advantage.

It's not just a position or a title
it's duty, action and example.

THE MONARCH
Nyssa Cerwyn

Character Sheet

A Family Ordeal Empty

on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 14:14
 There were two versions of Nyssa. The one that wore pretty dresses and carried herself with the grace of royalty and the version that would stand on the ship they so lovingly called the Revenge, to raid any ship who would dare come to close to their red flag. Wearing a dress brought her back to the days before she had left the Glade for the sea, back to a whole other part of herself. Or maybe her brain just wasn’t getting any oxygen due to how tight this stuff was.

She showed Adeena a soft smile when she was greeted. “Yax’in was great,” she told Adeena. “I actually brought you a little something, but you won’t get to see it until I leave,” she grinned. That probably meant it was stolen. But it was worth a lot, so in her mind, it was definitely something Adeena needed to be grateful for. “I heard about what happened here. I’m sorry for your loss,” she said, carefully watching Adeena’s expression. Did the woman truly care about the man she had lost?
MONTY

Adeena Sylversword
Mini-avatar : A Family Ordeal Tumblr_inline_ocsu7h0DXN1tgsn29_250
IC posts : 120
Alias : Swaas

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Adeena SylverswordLady of Sapphire Keep

A Family Ordeal Empty

on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 19:54
Nyssa Cerwyn wasn’t really her cousin; she was the daughter of the daughter of Gabriel himself. However, the Sylverswords were a very tight family so everything that didn’t have a specific title became a cousin by default. They had grown up around the same people, played together and spent lots and lots of time together, so when the guards came to tell her that her cousin was at the gate, she couldn’t help but feel excited. Seeing Nyssa was enough to make the Lady of the Glade smile. With a simple command they men with their neatly polished armors stepped aside and the beautiful woman in her red dress was let through.

A smile appeared on Nyssa’s face as well and Adeena hummed, nodding at her answer. Slowly the woman turned and walked back towards the castle, hands folded behind her back. ”That’s nice, how was the climate there? Harsh winter like here?” she asked with interest laced through her voice, glancing at the brunette. Something for her, something she could only see when Nyssa left? That couldn’t mean much good, but Adeena wasn’t one to call her cousin out on those things so she just gratefully smiled. ”Thank you for that, I’m sure I’ll love it,” she spoke. As always, Adeena was glad whenever she got something. Even something as small as a freshly plucked daisy could make the Lady smile.

The light smile that rested on her lips, didn’t immediately move when she hummed again, this time in reaction to Nyssa’s condolences and the Lady realized she might’ve made a mistake. ”Thank you, I’m sure the Gods are taking care of Lord Sylversword now. His soul is at peace knowing his people are safe once more,” she answered once she flattened out her expression. ”I appreciate that you took the time to travel this far to come show your respects to my late husband,” she nodded as they entered the double door held open by the guards.

It's not just a position or a title
it's duty, action and example.

THE MONARCH
Nyssa Cerwyn

Character Sheet

A Family Ordeal Empty

on Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:32
How was the climate there? “Not at all,” she hummed. “I don’t think it’s way warmer than it is here - even Ashax is cold in comparison,” she told Adeena. “There was no cold wind to be found there.” Meanwhile, all of Avalance had been covered in snow. It had been quite a surprise to return to stories of dragons and the like. It seemed like they had missed something rather exciting.

Adeena said she was sure she would love the present, to which Nyssa grinned her usual grin. “I am sure you will,” she concluded. Though it might be a bit of a surprise at first, the woman would know how to deal with it and maybe even grow to love it. Maybe. She’d find out soon enough, she assumed. For now, it was nothing to worry about as her visit to the Keep had not yet ended.

There it was. Nyssa had seen enough people lose a loved one in their life to know their response to the hurt. Adeena kept her smile on her face a little too long. It didn’t waver, not naturally. She spoke of his soul being at peace knowing his people were safe. Adeena thanked her for coming to show her respects, to which Nyssa nodded. “It’s what family is for, right?” she smiled. Even though Nyssa had left her life behind, her family still had her back. As such, she would have theirs. “So, tell me. What have you been up to?” Surely there would be something exciting, right?
MONTY

Sponsored content

A Family Ordeal Empty

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum