Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

Temperatures stopped rising, but have yet to lower as autumn arrives in Avalance. Precipitation is still rare and mostly accompanied by thunderstorms.

Current Event

Long Live the Queen

The Queen is dead. House Aldyr is mourning the loss of their queen, while Lady Zehirah has been crowned Queen of Ashax.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Adeena Sylversword
Mini-avatar : In need of my guiding light Tumblr_inline_ocsu7h0DXN1tgsn29_250
IC posts : 120
Alias : Swaas

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Adeena SylverswordLady of Sapphire Keep

In need of my guiding light Empty
In need of my guiding light

on Sat 25 Apr 2020, 22:41
The dark blue-colored veil that was covering her face brushed against her nose every now and then. Normally this was a trip she made while shrouded in the morning mist or still lingering darkness of the night before.  Blue eyes peered through the veil, glancing from the cobblestones beneath her feet to the people around. It was already late in the afternoon and most of the streets were empty as people retreated to their homes for food. A couple of them noticed her and they bowed politely, making her bow back. The young Lady had taken a risk, only taking two guards with her but this was her city, and she didn’t want to appear insecure. She was sure that the two mean, two knights flanking her were more than enough. They were happy here with their lives, her people were happy with their lives in the capital of the Glade. Most of them hadn’t even noticed that there had been a threat coming from the South and even less of them had looked up as Adeena had called to gather the knights.

The letter she was gripping was completely malformed by now. First, she had answered the Lord commander of the North and then she had balled it up, effectively cutting her own fingers a dozen times. In a steady and confident pace, she carried herself to the temple of Etro that was standing in the middle of her city. ”Stay outside, nobody enters,” she coldly stated to her guards before walking the narrow path to the entrance. The temple was large, but it held a certain welcoming feel that calmed her rapid beating heart. As soon as she entered, she unveiled her face, baring it to the God looking down upon her. Slowly she walked over to the front, going down on her knees, seating herself on one of the blue velvet pillows and folding her hands together as she closed her eyes. The young brunette had wanted to be alone, to calm the nerves that had spiked while reading the letter now clutched between her hands.

It's not just a position or a title
it's duty, action and example.
Etroi Apophis
Mini-avatar : In need of my guiding light 0mlBKXp
IC posts : 40
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Etroi ApophisAvalance Citizen

Re: In need of my guiding light

on Sun 26 Apr 2020, 02:43

Day’s on end had the young high priest stayed in the temple. Praying, guiding people. Most of the time it had been woman or children, parents even to come seek for the light of Etro. He had tried to help them in the best way possible. Had told each and everyone a different version of the same yet it had kept the essence. Etroi had served as a beacon for everyone’s grievances and wished. He had even slept in private chambers in the temple. So he’d always be available to anyone that wanted to come and find solace or guidance of any kind. It were strange and dark time, unsure even. Most of the knights had been sent up north to deal with the threat that came from the Undying. Only a handful were left in the city for protection and other tasks, Etroi included to his services were of an another kind. He knew why he needed to stay here, why the high priest should stay here. Though some part of him had wanted to be there, helping.

The young man had shortly pulled himself back to his own quarters within the temple, just so he could drink some water. Today had been a busy day, yet not as busy as before. The problem with staying inside the temple was that he didn’t even know about what was going on outside. He just heard it from the people. Yet today there was little to no talk about things around the city from those who had entered the temple. Not that he cared but it was just an observation of the priest. He had heard the doors of the temple open up again which had made him frown shortly. Shortly pulling the dark blue shirt that he was wearing straighter again before he headed out into the temple again. Yet who he saw there, he hadn’t expected her. He felt his heart shoot to his throat and for a moment he stood there, watching from a distance. Giving her some peace and quiet because if she came here, it meant that she needed it. Yet after what felt like the longest while, he had gathered his courage and stature again. Walking over to her, shortly clearing his throat to let her know that she wasn’t alone anymore.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Sun 26 Apr 2020, 15:12
There was a vivid memory of Etroi being the first man to see her in her wedding dress. She had been so silly, so young, so insecure, and he had held her and comforted her. He was the one who had told her that everything would be okay, and she had blindly trusted his guidance and her God for that matter. A lot had changed compared to then. The Lady had steeled herself these past months. She had gotten stronger, gained more insight, and according to the couple of people close to her, she had gotten more distant and locked her emotions away. What hadn’t changed, was her blind trust in Etro, blind trust in her God and thus in her High priest. Her knees soon hurt, but she stayed seated, her dress pooling around her as a sea of blues. Her eyes were closed as she tried visualizing talking to the dragon God herself and she could feel the paper between her hands crinkle at the slightest movement.

The Lady had once heard that if you closed your eyes, you’d be able to hear a lot more and a lot better. Now she realized that the person who told her that must’ve been right. Not only could she hear the paper between her hands move, but she could also hear the door at the back end of the temple open and close and silent footsteps before every sound halted again. It wasn’t that hard to guess what was happening and it made her feel scrutinized for a short while. Then, as the silence had fully returned, she focused back on what she was doing. She prayed for the remaining knights and troops to return safely, for the people posted at the stronghold to get home safe and for her Gods and father to guide her husband to peace. More footsteps and then he cleared his throat, making her open her eyes and fold her hands in her lap, the letter clamped in one. Her gaze fell on Etroi and she bowed, ”High priest,” she hummed gently. ”I have gotten word. The battle up North has ended. Could you ask for guidance for all those lost souls?” she hummed gently once she sat back up.

Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Sun 26 Apr 2020, 18:37

Ever since her wedding, his Lady had changed. Were Etroi never was one to judge. There was a part that missed the Adeena from before her wedding. Though he did understand why she had become the woman she was today, but in a way it pained him. That she couldn’t be herself. But it wasn’t his place to go state such things, it would never be his place. Which was still something he couldn’t process that well. Things had left being unsaid while he had promised her to tell her somewhere after her wedding. But they had gotten to busy. She with leading a province and him with guiding the people to the light of Etro. The man had become his job in more ways than he actually planned on. The role of High Priest still felt forced, maybe in moments like these more than ever. There were times were he wished he was still a knight. He’d never stop being a knight, he knew that. Yet maybe things would be more simple for the young man.

Maybe he shouldn’t interfere with her prayers, it was rude and well he could understand that she might need some time for herself. Yet he wanted to be here for her as well, like how he was for anyone of the Glade. While he wanted to turn away and go back to his quarters, he couldn’t. It was his duty to not only be here for the people, but for her as well. Certainly during these trialing times. She bowed for him and for a moment he looked puzzled. This was not the way how he wanted to see her again, yet he bowed his head for her. His heart rate shooting up the moment he looked up again. ’I shall ask guidance for them for sure. We prevailed I assume?’ He hated this, he hated this from the bottom of his heart. This wasn’t him, this wasn’t them.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 11:58
There had been a time where just seeing his face had brought her calm, had brought her peace and had caused this weird fluttering feeling in her chest. Coming to the temple had become something she had enjoyed more than anything, not because she could be close to her God here, but because she could be close to him. Then she had been instated as High Lady, had been married to someone by him and she had gotten busy paying attention to anything but her own feelings. Now as she entered the temple, her heart no longer fluttered, her heart filled with dread because asking for guidance meant that there was something going wrong. He had gotten busy as well, more and more people had put their trust in the young High Priest and chosen to visit the temple more often, following her example. By now, he was busy guiding people to the light of their religion almost constantly and she didn’t ever dare pulling him away from her people, they needed her more than her.

But now, not now, now she needed him. It was very self-centered of her, she wasn’t the only one who had lost, but she was still claiming the temple and its High Priest all to herself. He hadn’t left in a long time, so she knew he was here, she knew he’d come if she waited patiently, so she took her time to pray to Etro first. Still, knowing he was looking, made her feel watched and slightly uncomfortable, and there it was… that flutter, beneath layer of worry and duty her heart still had that very same reaction. Slowly, she bowed as was proper for a Lady to her High Priest. Her gaze went back to him and he promised her to ask for guidance, making her smile gently. ”We did, the troops of the different regions prevailed over these unsightly creatures, sadly there were also many good men lost,” she spoke in a gentle tone. Too many if you asked her, too many people from all over had lost their lives, but it had been for the protection of their region, their country and that was what was important right? A sigh rolled over her lips as she glanced back down at her letter.

Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 16:13

There was no deliberate staying away from her. Certainly not. He just gotten more busy, and to be fair. There were times that he wanted to run out of the temple, just to spend some time with her just like the old days. Not caring about appearances. But things had changed and he wasn’t sure if that would still be happening if he decided to go to Adeena and it hurt him to no expense. Yet here she was, coming to him. Or well, to her High Priest. Which had bene the way she greeted him, staying in her role of a Lady and well he got it. But he didn’t see the need when it was just the two of them.

He loved seeing her here, but it also meant that she needed guidance, that something had happened and it worried him already. They bowed for each other as expected but that was how far he would let that go right now. As she spoke that everyone had lost lives in the great battle he shortly closed his eyes. Shooting a silent prayer to Etro, asking that she guided those lost souls to the places they needed to go and that she would look over the families that had lost someone. ’She will guide those fallen men. She will guide them to their own gods, protect them.’ He softly spoke looking at her again, shortly glancing at the paper she was holding in her hand and he bit his lip. This wasn’t just a normal visit. Carefully he walked closer to her, wanting to reach out for her yet he refrained from that. Feeling his heartstrings pull. ’Adeena? Are you alright? I’m here okay, as Etroi first and foremost.’ He whispered, barely audible yet with how empty and quiet the temple had gotten it sounded even louder.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Tue 28 Apr 2020, 14:23
Throughout the last months, Adeena had started putting up walls that she wouldn’t be breaking down any time soon. She had last laughed, honestly laughed, while standing in the rain, but that had also been the point at which she had realized that she was a Lady now and that there were expectations that she had to fill in. Part of those wall was that she saw people as their function or rank more than her friends. Eydís was just a maid when they passed during the day and now, as she visited Etroi during her function as Lady, he was her High Priest and there was no changing that for her. Bowing was part of that wall, the rather distant tone she held in her voice was part of that wall, it all served to make sure that she wouldn’t disappoint her people, her council by getting distracted by emotions.

He closed his eyes as she had spoken about the fallen soldiers and the brunette smale gratefully at the man once he opened his eyes again. ”I’ll be forever grateful to her for protecting these men and women fallen in battle,” she spoke softly, gratefulness still clear on her face as she glanced back down. He came closer and blue eyes immediately flitted back up, smile long gone. His words were like a ram on the wall she had built but it stood steady as she slowly stood up from the kneeled position she was in. ”I know, and I’ll always be grateful to you for being my friend Etroi.” There was a lot of possible emotion in her voice and in her expression, but none really came out to show completely. ”Among the fallen is your Lord,” she spoke, her throat awkwardly constricting as she squeezed the paper even harder, the paper cuts on her fingers slightly burning. This wasn’t fair, she had been forced to marry a man she somewhat liked, she hadn’t gotten a choice and now Etro ripped him away from her. ”So I don’t know if I should be grateful to Etro to guide him or angry for ripping him away,” she whispered as her wall started breaking.

Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Tue 28 Apr 2020, 16:56

Where Etroi had been dying to get out to the Highlands with his fellow Knights, his position had held him back. He needed to put his boyish dreams to bed completely, he would never be the one that would swing his blade when they face a threat and maybe that had been the thing that had woke him up. The young man had tried to stay more distant whenever he performed his duty, to not get so attached anymore, to not show that many emotions. Which was hard for a man like himself. But this was what the priests had intended for him. This was the reason why they had chosen him. Maybe it was finally time to step up and show why they had picked him and not some old guy. But it felt wrong, it felt wrong to be like that. To act like you didn’t care about the feelings of others. It tired him out.

She’d be grateful for Etro. As she would always be right? Etroi’s well built up façade had already crumbled from the moment she had walked in here and it left him more puzzled. She had only talked to him as her priest and not as her friend and he couldn’t let that happen. She stood up after what he said and all he wanted to do was hold her close in this very moment. The softest of smiled appeared on his lips, nodding. A friend, nothing more. Which still stung. He felt that something was going on, but he couldn’t say what and she was showing so much yet so little at the same time and it wounded his heart. Did she still think that he didn’t care for her well-being? But as her next words came he frowned. It was like they had been enhanced by the temple. Lord Azrael, her husband, his friend, died? Very shortly he bowed his head, staring at the ground trying to regain his thoughts but as her next words sounded his heart broke. He couldn’t guide her through this. Why had he died? Carefully he stepped closer, placing his arms around her and softly pulling her closer. The whole priest versus friend thing here, it was weighing down on him. ’I’m sorry for your loss, I really am.’ He whispered.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Wed 29 Apr 2020, 13:43
The moment she had accepted the letter from the man who had brought it over, she had felt this weird feeling settle in her stomach. Thinking it was just relief at hearing word from the frontlines, she had pushed it aside, but it had very quickly become apparent that she shouldn’t have done that. The words the Lord commander had written down had caused a weird sense of unrest. Her Lord hadn’t been a good husband, mostly gone from home, but he had been a good Lord, a good knight and above all a good man. He had been pleasant to be around which was more than could be said for most of the other males around the castle. So, unrest had taken root inside her chest, like a little seed ready to grow roots and ruin the foundation she had so dutifully built. And then there was sadness. Sadness, not necessarily because of his name alone, there were many names on there, people from the Glade, the Crownlands, the Highlands, all people who have saved their lives.

As she shared the news with Etroi, she could see his face fall, she could sense that same sadness settling within him and it hurt her even more. The paper crinkled and she could barely keep herself from ripping it up in one go. There were a lot of emotions that were going through her, but she was still desperately trying to keep it all from her face. There was no place for that, not now, or so she thought. He stepped closer and right then and there her body knew better than her mind what she needed. Her arms slowly opened and wrapped around the man’s waist. ”I know you are, but is she? Or did she selfishly pull him away, just to make life harder on me?” she carefully asked against his neat blue shirt, not knowing if those words would irritate the priest or not. Now, she could feel the anger: anger towards her God, towards the Undying, towards that dragon that had chased those Undying into the land. And it was shaking her religion to the core.

Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Wed 29 Apr 2020, 20:35

Etroi felt lost. This news. It wasn’t what he had expected. Azrael, Lord Sylversword was in any way of the word a friend. He had trained with the man, numerous of times. And now he had been taken away from the Glade. From Adeena. Which was even more important than anything else. Because now she stood alone again. And yes, maybe he had not been a enthusiast of the wedding in the first place. But that had all kinds of different reasons. This was nothing he had wished upon her, upon the people of the Glade. This hurt everyone in their own specific way but he knew in a way that it was hurting her more than anything, even though she wasn’t showing it completely.

Feeling her arms wrap around him, it made his heart jump again. But he pushed it down. He couldn’t be thinking of such matters right now, or ever. Right now, he had to be her friend. Though her words were asking for something else and the man just stared at the ground while holding her close. Trying to think of a reply that would soothe her heart, his heart for that matter. Because yes, in a way she was right. Had Etro been that selfish to take away the man that she married? Etroi cleared his throat taking a deep breath. Did he actually have a response for her? One that didn’t go in to anything he apparently stood for? ’Do you want my answer as your friend or as your priest?’ He was stalling time and he hated it. But hell he wanted to be here as her friend, but he knew that she needed her priest as well. What a fucking mess.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 13:15
Azrael had meant a lot to Etroi, she knew that. They had been friends, not on the same level as her and the Priest, but they sure had spent a lot of time together. If she remembered correctly, the two men had sparred a lot and had learned a lot from each other. Her stomach felt like it was slowly filling with sand, weighing her down under the weight of losing her husband. But she knew that only she was suffering, Etroi was suffering, her employees would suffer, her beloved people of the Glade would suffer once this news spread over the land. With her arms tightly around Etroi she managed to alleviate that weight a little bit.

Despite the weight being lifted, there were still so many questions she held, so many things she didn’t seem to be able to wrap her head around and she had just thrown one of them out there. The anger that followed next was close to crippling, making her feel like she could explode at any given moment. He cleared his throat and together with the words that followed next she had more of an answer than she had thought she’d get. A sigh rolled over her lips as she glanced up at the man. ”I want either of those answer, I just need an answer,” an other answer than the one screaming in her mind. ’Your god simply doesn’t care, Etro doesn’t care what happens,’ was on repeat in her head and it was bothering her. Slowly creeping up on her heart and convincing her of that fact. She knew she was asking too much, she was asking for Etroi to be a friend and support her in her grief, but also for him to be her High Priest and tell her what Etro had meant by taking her husband away.

Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 19:42

The loss of a friend was nothing compared to the loss of a loved one. So yes, he was sad yet he would never get the full comprehension of what Adeena might be feeling. Maybe in a way he was suffering, but that wasn’t something that he showed. No, he needed to be the light of the city. The light that would guide them back to happier times, the light that would guide her back to happier times if anything. Because in his mind, she was all that mattered. Her happiness was in many ways his number one priority and it would always stay that way. Their hug, he wished it could last forever. He wished he could just sweep her of her feet and could actually show her his true feelings. But now was not the time nor place to do that.

Softly the young man caressed her arms, looking at her, weighing off his options. Priest or friend. Maybe he could try and do both? ’As your priest I think she didn’t intend to make your life harder, I think she is challenging you to be better. To transcend yourself more. Show the people your true spirit, your strength but most of all your caring heart. Her methods aren’t good, I’m not standing behind them. But maybe that it why she has done it.’ A sigh slipped his lips as he looked at her, scared that his words might actually make her angry or even more sad. ’As your friend, laying religion down next to me. I think she has wronged you. Because why let you marry in the first place if she was going to steal him away again?’ The man shortly stared up at the decorated ceiling of the temple, taking a deep breath. This was confusing, too confusing to be fair. Both who he was and who he needed to be were fighting each other right now and it was in no way fair that he should have such a battle internally. Etroi was in a way even doubting his own faith because of all of this.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 20:25
Mourning was a luxury that wasn’t put away for her. She didn’t see how she had the right to mourn more than her people, than the commonwealth of The Glade had the right to mourn their Lord. After all, she couldn’t say she loved the man. He was a part of her life, an important part, but it would hurt a lot more if she lost Eydìs, Etroi or Etro forbid, Gabriël. His death was a loss for the Glade, a loss for her position as Lady, but it did less for her personally. So whatever emotion she shall show in the coming days or weeks, most of it would be a reaction catered to the public that was watching her. In this moment however, she was mourning the loss her province had suffered because of those undying monsters. It was that loss, that she was processing while wrapping her arms around Etroi.

When she asked about why Etro had taken her husband away from her, it wasn’t for selfish reasons, it was to understand what could’ve possibly upset the Goddess so much that she had ripped a great leader from his position. Priest or friend? Neither or both, that could’ve been her answer. His hug was enough to calm her, to lift the weight of her shoulders but on the other hand; she did need an answer both from her priest as from her friend. His answers came. First the one as priest and she listened to him intently, anger bubbling in her chest. It was a weird sensation. As someone who had never really gotten angry, it felt all consuming, but she managed to keep her head in the game. ”You’re telling me, she not only killed of my husband but also a number of my knights, just because she wants to help me transcend myself? Show my real me to the world?” she repeated his words, distaste audible in her voice. What was she supposed to do with that? How was she supposed to transcend herself? But somehow, she got what he was trying to say, got that she would have to prove herself to the Gods once more.

Then the words as a friend came and she smiled. See, that was what she needed to hear and that was why she needed to hear both his answers. The answer as a priest had given her strength, and the will to go one, show her people their true Lady, while the answer as a friend, soothed her emotions and her mind with calm. Etro had wronged her, and she had every right to be angry about that. ”So… in total? She has wronged me and I can be angry about it, but I should show the Glade who I truly am and stand up for my region? Is that what you’re trying to convey Etroi?” she summarized before softly letting go and taking a step back, swallowing down her anger and putting her mask back in place.

THE MONARCH
Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Sun 21 Jun 2020, 15:53

Etroi wasn’t all to sure about anything anymore these past few days. The loss of Azrael had craved into him that much was for sure. But he had put aside his own mourning to help the people. To be the light that they needed in the end. Someone to lead the Glade back to the light that Etroi had to offer. But that didn’t mean that he didn’t need to do the same for his friend and Lady. She as well needed a guiding light but he doubted that he could be that for here without speaking against himself. So here he was, trying to fill both of the roles he had to fill but it was like an internal fight to be fair. One was fighting the other and he didn’t understand himself. When she replied he lowered his head shortly staring at the ground, biting his lip. ’I think so yes. That seems like the only reason why she would do such a thing. I’m not saying it is right or wrong, because I am not her. But I believe that to be the reason why she took those lives. So you can show Avalance that you can stand above this.’ He spoke softly, blue eyes looking back into hers as he tried to keep his face smoothened out. But his heart was rushing in his chest.

Adeena eventually let him go, making him pout softly. Reaching back out for her hand and softly taking that in his. ’I think so yes. I can’t say she was right or wrong because I don’t know that. But what I do know is that she did this for you. In some wicked way I think she might even be telling you that you don’t need anyone to stand by your side in the matter of being a Lady. But that is just some wishful thinking of mine.’ The man softly squeezed her hand, a faint smile caressing his lips. ’I hope I gave you the right answers, because if anything I’m not sure of that.’ The man softly hummed. Maybe he was speaking to freely here, but he needed someone to tell it too. Etroi needed someone to understand him. If anything, she had always been that person and he hoped that she still was.

Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Mon 22 Jun 2020, 17:39
Her religion stood weak in her mind and Adeena couldn’t tell whether she was willing to throw it all in the wind yet, but she sure felt like Etro had betrayed her in these past days. As if she had disapproved of what Adeena had been doing and had turned her back on her, leaving her to fend for herself. However, in these dark times, it felt appropriate to seek out the help of her High Priest. Or maybe she wasn’t even doing that, but was instead seeking help from her friend, looking for his strength and support while she felt weak. His words made sense, especially for someone like her who had been wrapped up in the story of her religion since the beginning of time. ”To I can show Avalance that I can stand above this,” she softly repeated his word, letting it roll off her tongue while thinking about it, mulling it over. Yes, that made sense, to show the Glade just how strong she was.

The brunette had released the man from her tight grip after realizing that might not be viewed as proper if somebody caught the two of them, even if that somebody was just a guard. He held her hand and she glanced down at how he was holding it. Etro did this for her. That was all the confirmation she needed to feel a bit more at ease with all that had happened. His words made her arch a brow slightly, looking up at the man. ”You think that?” she asked carefully. Could this be a signal from their beloved God that Adeena was powerful enough to guide the Glade on her own? ”They definitely answered a lot of the questions I had,” she nodded, replying to his squeeze with one of her own. Yes, he would always give her the answers, she needed, even when she didn’t know that she needed them.

THE MONARCH
Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 01:05

Religion. If one came to think of it, it was a weird concept. Believing in something that no one had ever seen. One stuff that was based on tales in old books and more. Something to be shaken when a major event in life happened and he was afraid that that was happening. Both to himself as to her. Messing around with beliefs, being mixed up in what you believed or in if you had been put on the right path if anything. As her words resounded he nodded softly. If anything, he believed. He, Etroi. Not the High Priest of the Glade, believed in the fact that she could actually stand above this. That this wouldn’t weaken her but make her stronger in her position maybe. If she chose the right path to take that was. ’Her ways aren’t traditional to say the least, but she is carving a path for you Adeena. And it’s your choice to take it or not. All I can say is, as your priest don’t let this all change the way you feel about Her.’ The man concluded. Was there more that he could say? Possibly. But he wasn’t sure if it would help her or not.

Without much thinking he had taken her hand in his, wasn’t planning on letting go. ’I think so yes. If anything from my perspective as someone who has known you for years, you don’t need anyone. You just need to surround yourself with people that make you even stronger.’ A soft smile lingered on his lips. Eyes staying on her face. His smile shortly growing larger at her words. Good, because if anything he felt lost in all the church stuff right now. ’Let’s take a walk and talk for a bit? If you can spare the time to be with a friend. We’ll stay inside if you want.’ The man softly hummed, or they could go out. If necessary he had some cloaks laying around which they could put on to just escape the city life for a few moments, maybe going over to the lake for a bit. But he knew how busy she was.

"Believe"
Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:02
It had been taught to her ever since she was a little girl. Religion was part of the Sylversword lifestyle, a part of the Glade. It was who she was, it was part of her life. And here she was, insolently doubting if the Gods that were protecting everyone, that had probably protected every single person who had survived the war on the Undying. His words brought solace and the young woman nodded. ”I do… I want to take this chance and show her just how much I’m capable off, but what if I disappoint her Etroi?” she asked carefully. It wasn’t clear to her if failing Etro would bring more misery or more support, whether she should be scared or hopeful for what would come after that.

He had taken her hand and it had caused a feeling of calm to come over her. Yes, he managed to calm her pretty well. Surround yourself with people who make you stronger. Not people who make you weaker, people who try to tear you down. She needed a council that made her stronger. ”Surround myself with people who make me stronger, that’s pretty solid advice Etroi,” the woman repeated her thought with a smile. He suggested a walk and she hummed, glancing around. ”Let’s stay in, but I have a couple of minutes to spare,” she answered him. It would feel rather refreshing to spend some time with him.

THE MONARCH
Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 11:11

Religion was big in Sapphire Keep that much was true. Something he was only strengthening by talking so much to people. By walking their path’s with them instead of just bringing them guidance. And he hoped that he could do the same with Adeena. ’Etro doesn’t turn her back upon those who fail. If anything she supports you even more then. Look at me, at what happened to me and where I am now. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes Adeena. It’s not something easy that you need to do, mistakes will be made but even through those she will guide you. Both she and your High Priest and if you’ll allow it your friend.’

’Sometimes I even surprise myself.’ The man smiled warmly at her. Nodding at her next words. A couple of minutes. Not how he had wanted it to go. But in the end he knew it was all he would be getting even if he wanted to pinch a few hours of her day to just spend time with her. ’Inside it is.’ He looked at her for a short moment, keeping her hand in his, weaving their fingers together while he started walking through the big temple. ’This will sound well weird, but I miss this. Us spending time together. I know we’re both two busy people but still. Each time you come visit the temple, it is as Etro herself sent you down here.’

"Believe"
Adeena Sylversword

Character Sheet

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 09:48
If anything, she was scared that her God would turn her back to her, would leave her and stop guiding her in times of need. It was a real fear and she had even doubted if she should say it out loud since they were in a place that worshipped Etro above all else. But Sapphire Keep had a fair and competent High Priest and Adeena was grateful for him. Without the man she would’ve lost her path more times already than she could count. Her blue eyes looked up at the man and she smiled. Yes, look at hm, he had made it with Etro’s guidance so why shouldn’t she? ”Both she, my High Priest and my friend,” she repeated his words, assuring him that she still looked for her friend’s guidance as well, for his guidance even if it wasn’t as a High Priest.

A soft chuckle sounded from her lips and the woman glanced up at the man. ”Don’t act like you haven’t guided the whole population of Sapphire Keep into the right direction,” she answered him. He had done a lot for the people, walked besides them, guided them, stood strong when she herself looked weak. The woman nodded again, inside indeed; she couldn’t be seen frivoling through the streets with Etroi after her husband had just died. To be fair, she couldn’t be seen at all, she should be in mourning and the temple seemed the place to do so. His fingers threaded through hers and she wanted to pull her hand away at the contact but then she relaxed, a smile on her lips. The woman told herself that she should stop seeing things so strict, he was just trying to comfort her by holding her hand. She fell into pace next to him as she listened to him, ”We’re busy people, as you said. Etro had entrusted us with bigger tasks, but I try to come and visit as often as I can,” she shared with the man, glancing down at her dress for a second, at the letter still held in her free hand. This was terrible news for the whole of Sapphire Keep, for the Glade, but she’d stand strong through it all with the help of people who made her even stronger, like Etroi.

THE MONARCH
Etroi Apophis

Character Sheet

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 22:36

Maybe he was talking a bunch of crap right now. Maybe he was in fact losing his own faith right now. Without even realizing it. But to whom could he talk about it? Not to her or Etro for that matter. There was no place where he could actually talk about his own crisis of faith right now which made him grew more fearful as the days passed. Which wasn’t something that he would just blurt out. Not right now. Maybe when they had been in different surroundings, maybe then. When they were just talking as friends, but if he came forward now. All his credibility would be thrown overboard. Her words pulled him out of his train of thoughts and he smiled softly at her, nodding. High Priest and friend. That was something he could find himself in more than anything.

The moment she chuckled made him hum happily. ’Did I though? I just tried helping them out through their grief.’ Etroi hummed shortly. Maybe he had in fact guided them, but a normal person could guild them as well right? In the end why did it need to be a priest? But yes, he had helped them or at least tried to help them. By doing little things for them, things that everyone could do. Things that Adeena could do herself as well. But the man had served as a beacon, or well, his position had done that. Drawing in those that were harmed the worst by the devastating news about the North. They started walking through the temple, a soft smile lingering on his lips. He missed this, just being with her. But he missed doing those silly little things with her even more, chasing each other in the hallways of the castle, enjoying a picknick in the gardens, the simple stuff. Stuff he actually yearned for more than he would like to admit. Or no, he wanted to admit that to her. But the man always found himself doing that in the most absurd moments, days prior to her wedding, days prior to her husband passing away. But he had still made that promise to her, those few days prior to her wedding to eventually say to her what he wanted to say. But again, not the right time now was it? Besides he doubted that she would actually remember it or wanted to hear something like that. ’I know you do. For which I’m more than grateful. Please, just know that I’m always here for you Adeena. Preferably more as your friend then your priest.’ The man softly hummed as he gazed out in front of him, taking a deep breath.

"Believe"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum