⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
The bad die young 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d71763741774a67695045424b673d3d2d3636373134373035342e313537643231366361313032616239353831303138383036323134392e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
Ro

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

The bad die young Empty The bad die young

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 20:13
The bad die young 09baZg0

I've spent a lifetime running, and I always get away

The battle was over, they had won. It was the best news that had reached her ears in days. And now she had to deal with the victims. Many people had fallen, and to those she couldn't be of aid. But even more had been wounded in some way and were brought to the nursery. Vesper had been overseeing it ever since the start of the battle. She would have rather been on the battlefield, but she was needed here more. So she stayed inside while all hell had broken loose. She had worked around the clock to save as many lives as possible. She couldn't remember how many people she had performed surgery on by now. The lady hadn't slept in days. The only way she stayed awake was because of her own potions. And while she allowed the other physicians and nurses sleep she didn't give herself that luxury. Her expertise would be missed too much and there were too many people with grave injuries she had to tend to.

One of those being the Lord Commander himself. As soon as he came in she had focused all of her attention on him. It was a cruel choice to be made but he was more important than the other soldiers. Not that it really bothered Vesper.  She had shielded her heart from it all so she could make the choices no one else wanted to make. Call her insensitive, these were the choices that ultimately saved the most lives. She didn't have time to grieve for all those who had fallen while there were still many fighting for their lives.

It had truly only been waiting for Alec to come in. She knew he would give his life for the North. Now it was time for her to return that favour by keeping him alive. It would take most of her already lacking energy but it was worth it. And after an operation that seemed to last for hours the Lord Commander's life was finally out of jeopardy. His burns were covered in bandages and his wounds had been stiched up ever so properly. After his operation he was moved to a different room where he would be able to recover. He wouldn't be able to get out of it for days but that was a loss he just had to take. No matter how much he might want to she wouldn't allow it. A full day later she knocked on his door again, ready to inspect him. Now that the worst cases of victims were dealt with she could finally make a round of check-ups. And without waiting for an answer -her time was valuable after all- she came in.

Tag: Alec Winchester

Gown

thank you Sarah!

Last edited by Vesper Courtier on Tue 19 May 2020, 01:16; edited 2 times in total
The bad die young Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

The bad die young Empty Re: The bad die young

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 22:07

The fight is done, the war is won. And here was the man laying on his bed. His eyes still closed. Sedated to numb out the pain. But the days were passing and it was today, that the man slowly opened his eyes again. Blinking a few times. Staring into a room that wasn’t his own. A place that he knew, that he had visited more than enough. Yet not in these conditions. Softly he moved his fingers around, feeling how dry his throat was. Images flashing by of him tumbling down that wall. Being taken down by an Undying. The first one that had climbed the wall and Alec, he had done what seemed right. What felt right. He had launched himself at that creature and send them down. Crashing into the in tar covered wall, fire had licked at his body, the creature had slashed his chest wide open. But the moment they crashed down and he had fought it with anger only a northerner could bring. He had completely demolished the creature until he crumbled down against the wall. Trying to fend of others that had rushed upon the wall, before he was pulled into the city again by his own recruits.

Still adjusting himself to waking up, to being alive again he had started to cough. His chest hurting like hell, like someone had plunged a torch right in his chest. The door swung open and he groaned. Blue eyes staring up at Vesper in panic. It was setting in. Everything that had happened was setting in. The men he watched die. Tyrr. That icy howl after the large man from the White Woods had fallen. It was rushing back fast. Including the pain that kept resurfacing from his back and his chest’Water..’ His voice sounded gravelly, not like his voice. ’I. Need. Water.’ He managed to bring out, closing his eyes shortly. To calm himself down in hope that the pulsating pain would stop.

The bad die young 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d71763741774a67695045424b673d3d2d3636373134373035342e313537643231366361313032616239353831303138383036323134392e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
Ro

Character Sheet
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 19 May 2020, 01:28

They had all suffered immense losses. Ones that would have to be dealt with properly when the time was right. She had heard the talk about fathers, brothers, even sisters being lost in the chaos. Only to be found later, dead. It was insufferable for many. Not for Vesper. Because for her there was no slowing down. The most important part for her came once the battle had started and wouldn't end for days to come. It was her task to keep as many people alive as possible and she didn't plan on failing.

One of those people being the Lord Commander. She had finally found some time to visit him, mostly to check up on his wounds but also to talk to him. Heavens knew he would need it. Her suspicion was confirmed when she walked in and panic was written in his blue eyes. Now that he was awake the memories would come flooding in with the pain. The man managed to state he needed water. For a second she raised her brows. "No, you need to calm down." She instructed him. She had no time for panic attacks. He was the Lord Commander after all, he had to be strong like her. She walked over to a table, pouring some fresh and cold water into a cup before handing it to him. At least he would have some relief that way. "How are you feeling?" She then asked him while sitting down on the chair next to his bed, closely studying his every move.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

she wears

strength and darkness

equally well.

for she has always been,

half heaven

half hell

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 19 May 2020, 12:49

Alec needed to get out of here. He needed to get out of here to see if Apollo was okay. If anything that was what mattered the most. Fuck. But chances of him walking out of this place were remotely small and well, yeah that annoyed him even more. Though that annoyance had disappeared the moment vague memories came rushing back with each jolt of pain. Could this fucking stop already? He had stuff to do. He had people to check upon. But it was when the door swung open and when Vesper that he calmed down just a little bit, though panic and pain was still awfully present on his face. Yet soon enough she told him that he needed to calm down. Which was true, but it was easier said than done, certainly now. He could barely move without feeling like he was put on fire.

But she did hand him a cup of water, thank god that he still had the ability to move his arms around without having too much pain. Though it wasn’t easy to be fair. He took a short sip before putting the cup away next to him, staring up at the ceiling taking a deep breath. The water seemed to help him calm down actually, just a little more. But his mind was still racing. ’Cut the crap.’ Alec shortly stated, blue eyes shooting at her. He’d come back to how he was feeling later. ’Did we suffer many losses? How about Apollo? How is he fairing?’ Simple questions, yet so important to him. Alec needed an answer, just as much as she probably needed one from him. Yet right now, the lives of their lord and the people who had fought for them were more important. Besides, he was in pain. If anything Vesper knew that all too well.

Ro

Character Sheet
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 20 May 2020, 22:03

Had she ever encountered this much despair and destruction before? Probably not. Not that she even had anyone to care for, she didn't have any family. But it hurt nonetheless. Even Vesper was human and seeing this many people on the brink of death wasn't good for anyone. But it certainly wasn't holding her back when doing her job. She had no time to get caught up in feelings like that, not now. Grief would come once everyone else was healed. Caer Scion needed her rational and clear-headed. Only then would they save the most lives they could.

The Lord Commander seemingly had a need to get straight back to work too. Not that he would be allowed but she at least admired his work ethic. She watched as he drank from the cup, almost waiting until the questions would come. She raised her brows a little when he scolded her. He could try all he want but it wouldn't work on her. "Is it that difficult to just ask one question at a time?" She remarked with a sigh. For a second she had a much lighter attitude but if it was seriousness he wanted it was what he would get. "Of course there were many casualties." She stated blatantly. She couldn't remember how many had come in and died by this point. Or maybe she didn't want to. "But we managed to keep many more from dying." She then added. "As for Apollo, he's fine for now. I'm more worried what this will do to his mental state." She told him while watching his reaction closely. She found it remarkable how Alec could only care for his Lord but maybe it was a way to escape his own pain. "Now, I'll ask one more time and you'd better answer: how are you feeling?" She said very slowly. A woman like Vesper didn't have time for these stunts Alec was trying to pull. It wouldn't even help to get him back to work sooner. She had seen many patients putting on a brave face as they tried to defy the pain. She saw right through it.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

she wears

strength and darkness

equally well.

for she has always been,

half heaven

half hell

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 20 May 2020, 23:22

Maybe this was his way of actually zoning out from the pain that was pulsating through his body. Honestly he couldn’t care less. He needed to know how their Lord was doing. How many losses they had encountered, but most of all if Apollo was okay. That was his main concern the rest would follow later on. As she raised her brow he hummed shortly, not even replying to that question. Why would he? Besides, she wasn’t the one who had just woken up from a probably induced coma right? Though, he should probably behave a tad better than this. Because without her he would be dead most likely, so yes being nicer. He should really work on that.

The question about the casualties was almost a rhetorical one. Because he had a pretty decent idea of what had gone down outside. A sigh slipped over his lips as he just shortly nodded. She managed to keep many from dying, she alone. ’His mental state hm? Yes, I’m worried about that as well.’ He was, more than he liked to admit. But in the end, he should probably worry more about his own physical and mental well-being right now. Though he couldn’t really help himself, Alec was more than worried about his friend, their lord. This man had some weird coping mechanisms that was for sure, but well it was what it was. ’Fucking terrible alright?’ Alec grunted shortly, blue eyes flashing to her. Softening soon enough as he closed his eyes again. ’My chest and back are killing me.’ An honest answer, probably the one she was looking for. ’How bad was it?’ He shortly bit his lip, time to get honest well, she could have her way with him. Vesper was the only one who could tell him so, well he’d rather hear it from her.

Ro

Character Sheet
Vesper Courtier
Vesper Courtier
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 May 2020, 01:26

Once this would all be over they could have a chat like they normally did. Where it was the two of them bickering at one another before a meeting of the small council, or during. Just to see how far they could take it. But that wouldn't come anytime soon, she knew that better than anyone. There was still so much to do, they weren't out of the woods yet. If anything she was stuck in the thickest part because of the amount of victims she had to deal with currently. For her the fight wasn't over yet, she was only halfway.

His question was just another reminder of the many that had died, and the many that the others that were saved. Together with the other physicians and nurses she worked around the clock. But there was only one that could do what she did. She was the only one experienced enough for to keep the ones with the gravest wounds on the living side. He shared her concern for their Lord like he wasn't even in grave pain right now. "Once we're through the worst I'll have a talk with him." She said with a slight sigh. Right now all her focus was on keeping as many alive as she could. Apollo knew that, and so did she. But nevertheless it would be neccessary for her to help the man deal with his mental scars. Her attention shifted back to Alec, who finally answered her question as to how he felt. She nodded along to what he said, narrowing her eyes a little. "I'll draw up something to ease the pain." She told him. She had enough potions that would do the job, she just debated which one to use. "It took me hours before your life was out of jeopardy." She admitted while looking at him. "It was difficult to treat you, with both your back and your chest wounded. Not to mention the rest." She went on. "Nothing I couldn't handle though." She then said. Of course Vesper had saved him, she would never forgive herself if she couldn't. Her gaze shifted to the window when he asked her how it was. "As for how it was in general, I almost can't remember a time I wasn't treating patients." She said softly. Only now did it become visible just how tired she was, what the lack of sleep had done to her.

Gown

thank you Sarah!

she wears

strength and darkness

equally well.

for she has always been,

half heaven

half hell

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 26 May 2020, 12:49

Alec wasn’t one to deal well with his own pain, that was commonly known to everyone that ad ever found him hurt. He always hided how he felt because in the end who would look up to a Lord Commander that acted like a little baby? Yeah, indeed no one would do that. Though lucky for him the man only got hurt on some occasions, most likely during big fights like the one that had just passed. Vesper mentioned that she would talk to Apollo and he shortly nodded. In the end he would gladly like to do that for her, to give her some kind of relief from everything but he wasn’t sure how long he needed to stay in here. Let alone if he’d be able to walk around soon enough. Knowing Vesper she would probably insist on him staying home even longer which would be the ultimate punishment for him.

’Don’t put me on to much. Or well nothing that knocks me out as much. I need to do some actual work if you decide to put me on house arrest.’ The man shortly hummed. Though in the end it would be her choice on how many she would put him on. Chances were she would indeed give him stuff that literally knocked him of his senses. Because sure, the worst had passed. Though mentally, yeah he was glad his head was still in that slight buzz that his thoughts wouldn’t go much further than the passing of Tyrr. For a moment he bit his lip as she continued, taking a deep breath. Nodding. ’I don’t even doubt that.’ A soft msile lingered around his lips. And for a moment he just stared at her as she continued talking, she looked tired. To tired for her own good actually. Carefully he reached for her hand with his, locking their pinkies together shortly. ’Don’t lose yourself in all of this okay? Take the time to breath every once in a while. Because I still need you in the council room to bicker with you once I’m up and running again.’

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum