⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Fireflies and Mud Pies Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Fireflies and Mud Pies Empty Fireflies and Mud Pies

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 09:33
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
The cool winter breeze seemed to barely touch her skin. The cold was far away as she laid in the warm nest of their bed. Her head pushed against the fluffy pillows, hand slowly twirling around on her belly. Her skin was slowly starting to buldge a bit. The little baby bump starting to show more obvious with every day. Soon they would announce it to the world, but they had decided to wait just that little bit longer. Not only was the child still very early in development and Delaney had been terrified that the little baby would die. But she also had wanted to wait for the marriage of her brother in law and the Vigneron girl. She wanted to give them the happy day they deserved. Without it being overshadowed by the news of an heir. Or maybe, just maybe she wanted to keep the little secret of their little prince a while longer for just the two of them.

Or well, she had already send a letter to her sister and she doubted that Apollo hadn't told anyone. But atleast for the face of the world their prince was still a mystery. Their son would be a blessing that they could wait for, just that little bit longer. While Delaney cherished the little baby deep within her.

Turning her head a bit she smiled soft. "Love, come to bed." She spoke, her voice thick with sleep as she slowly pushed away the thick blankets. "We're getting cold." She purred soft watching the man she called her husband, the man she only knew by name a year ago. The father of her child.. The love of her life.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Fireflies and Mud Pies Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Fireflies and Mud Pies Empty Re: Fireflies and Mud Pies

on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 14:30

Tonight he had broken one of his own most important rules. His bedroom was not a workspace. Ever since he had succeeded his father as High Lord he had made sure to keep work and private separated as well as he could. There were certain rooms in which he never worked. His bedroom was a sacred space of rest and peace. And yet here he was, sitting at the table with a stack of paperwork, reading it by the light of just one candle. These were strange times. It was incredibly busy. He was going through reports from strongholds further East of Caer Scion. Some had spotted a few Undying that had slipped through. Mostly they were capable of killing them off nonetheless. However there were a few people who had gone missing. He wanted to know if they had perhaps been dragged along with those that had slipped past their defences.

Just as he was about to take a new document, he heard a soft and sleepy voice coming from the bed. He looked up, though he couldn’t really see anything because he was looking past the little flame into the dark. By the choice of her words his lips curled into a gentle smile. He didn’t think twice about it as he cupped the flame with his hand and blew it out. He carefully stretched his arms and shoulders a bit. The wounds were still healing but sitting in the same position had made his muscles stiffen up.

After that he made his way over to the bed. He took off the warm cape that had kept him warm and crawled under the blankets. He pulled them back over the both of them. His hand automatically went to her stomach. He softly traced the little bump. Their son. He placed a kiss on her temple and hummed as he felt his body relax a bit more. ”How was your day?” He asked her. He wanted to forget about his own for a bit, as it had been filled with death once again. It was starting to get at him.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 22:57
She smiled soft, it was easy to make him forget about his work. Perhaps a bit too easy. But she cared little for that right now. He would work himself to death if she’d let him. It was time that he came to bed with her. To relax his soul and heart in her arms. So she gladly opened them for him when he crawled in with her.

His hand was a welcome cold against her skin and she softly sighed relaxing into his touch. Blinking a few times she managed to see the outlines of his face, the glimmer of his eyes in the dark and she placed her hand softly on his cheek. Pulling him closer to her, laying her forehead against his. The question he asked made her laugh softly leaning her head back again with an sigh. ”You wouldn’t believe how boring it was love.” She chuckled soft. ”The things I’m supposed to do now as your proper lady.” She chuckled softly. ”But we both got through it.” She smiled and placed her hand softly on his, covering her belly. ”Just on the thought that we’d be with you again so soon.” Her voice turned a mere whisper as she softly kissed him. ”He’s a daddy’s boy, I can feel it already. The unease just disappears when you’re near.” She spoke still in the whisper volume as she ran her thumb over her little bump. ”I cannot wait till he’s here.. really with us.. It seems so unreal.” She knew what his question had meant and she wouldn’t bore him with talk about how her day had been. Instead she knew speaking about their son would lift his mood instantly. How could it not, their perfect little boy, growing softly within her. Getting stronger everyday.. She had to keep silent about him during the daylight hours. Barely anyone knowing he was there, so she had to talk to her husband about the little prince. She had to share her passion for him with someone who already loved him just as much.

Fireflies and Mud Pies Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 01:56

Once he got in bed he should be smart and try to fall asleep as soon as possible. But he rarely had the time to talk to his wife lately. She was sitting through meetings with the people while he was taking care of other business. The city wouldn’t rebuild itself, the families of the fallen had to be notified and he took that as a very personal assignment. He was grateful for her help and support through the hard times they were facing. If it hadn’t been for her he would definitely be in over his head. She kept him sane. She also made sure he had at least a couple of hours of sleep at night. Not before he asked her about her day though.

”I never promised it would be exciting, did I?” He smiled back. To him it wasn’t. It was his job and he was good at it, but it was still a job. One that came with responsibilities. Her words made his smile grow wider. ”I can’t wait to meet him”, He hummed softly. He kissed her again, just because; because he could, because she was lovely and wonderful and his. ”I hope he got your looks”, He chuckled against her lips when he had pulled back. ”I hope he got your warrior’s heart”, He then said, kissing her once more. She had stood beside him through it all, perhaps not by the strength of her body but with the strength of her mind, and that was equally as brave.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 21 May 2020, 16:58
In the years that had come before she met Apollo, she had been rough. Hardened by the climate she had grown up in. Her skin iron from the training and her mind protected by layers upon layers of her own determination. But when she met him, when she fell in love with him, all of that changed. Her life wasn’t only for her own anymore. She lived not because she wanted to, but because he needed her to. Because this little wonder in her belly wanted to be born and she lived because she loved him so dearly. The three of them, him, her and the little one inside of her, that was all that mattered. All that would ever matter.

”Hmm, no you did say that I would be incredibly bored. I do remember that.” She chuckled soft and stroke her hand softly over his chin. Kissing him as he pressed his lips to hers. ”I hope he’s got your passion, your determination.” She whispered softly. Touching his hand and laying it on her belly. Sighing as she relaxed under the warm touch. ”I hope he’ll be happy.. most of all. Healthy all his life. Yes.. I hope that.” She smiled sleepily and cuddled up to him. Laying her head against his shoulder. In silence she made another small prayer of hope. She hoped that he would live till the day both of his parents would die old and happy. She hoped that darkness would stay away from his heart and she hoped that love would never betray him. That were her hopes for her son. Her hopes for their prince.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum