⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
In union, there is strength Dz9nkBK
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

In union, there is strength Empty In union, there is strength

on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 13:47
Every big battle needed to be remembered, needed to be processed by the people fighting it, by the people who ran from it. The death in Cear Scion were mostly men and soldiers due to the quick actions of Apollo Freyr to evacuate them south. And now they were here together, children, women, loved ones and friends to remember the things they lost in the battle against the undying. It had been Jupiter and Ophelia their idea to do that on the day of their marriage. To gather the North and the people involved, to give them closure and at the same time hope for his union with a Vigneron.

But it wasn’t only the North that lost their soldiers, it was the south to. In this dark time, more than one house supported the cause. Aldyr, Sylversword, Vigneron, Carthas … the entire North. You would be surprised what a common enemy brought out in the people. You would never believe that an Aldyr would come to help after years of disagreement. But here they were. Every house had a small boat, their sigil painted on sails, resembling the death that gave their lives for the safety of the entire of Avalance. The bodies were already buried and burned in order to stop certain sicknesses that could come from it. The little boats laid all docked on the riverbank, ready to take off with a soft push. Family and friends, soldiers of other houses stood all gathered around the river, watching the boats, crying, smiling, remembering.

It was so quiet as just everybody watched the boats, watched the Freyr’s for their guidance. Jupiter looked aside at Ophelia … Ophelia Freyr. He squeezed her hand before he looked over to his brother and shortly nodded. He walked forwards to the baken of fire where the torches awaited them. He pulled a torch out of the fire and walked over to one of the boats that carried the Freyr sigil. ‘In union, there is strength.’ He announced out loud. His eyes went over the people of the North, the people from house Aldyr, Sylversword, Carthas, and Vigneron. ‘Let’s not forget what happened here.’ He followed, walking the last bit over towards the boat. ‘Let’s not forget the people that give their lives for our future.’ And then he slowly let the burning torch contact with the boat. It caught fire while two men pushed it on the river and it started drifting away, following the stream North. His flames started to devour the entire ship and it was quiet, so quiet as they all watched. Now they could all do the same, they could all say something for their house, take a torch and set it on fire. Jupiter turned around, handing his torch over to somebody else. This was closure for a lot of people and after that, they could feast, feast upon their victory, upon the memories of the people they lost and upon the marriage between Jupiter and Ophelia.
The hardest person to love is yourself.

In union, there is strength 15c977077934a541a3be0a8c1c60b8e2
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

In union, there is strength Empty Re: In union, there is strength

on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 21:29

As they had arrived in Caer Scion, the terrible loss of the North had become painfully apparent. The people were visibly in mourning, ruing that one fateful day. Ophelia felt for them, ever so deeply, and she was glad to have agreed to have a memorial in honour of the fallen in addition to their wedding. Hundreds, if not thousands of people had gathered here today. Mostly women, children, and the elderly. The ones remaining after the war. They had come to remember their brothers, husbands, fathers, and sons.

The dead had been buried a while back, but not every body had been claimed. Some had been maimed beyond recognition, others simply didn’t have friends or family to come and bury them. The memorial would serve as a token of gratitude for their bravery, for their selflessness. Today, they would honour the dead by sending out a fleet of boats onto the river. A final departure for the ones who had laid down their lives to protect the rest of Avalance.

It was eerily quiet, except for the wind rushing. Ophelia was proudly wearing the colours of her new house. The dark blue hue of House Freyr, with a thick fur to keep her warm. She briefly eyed Jupiter as he squeezed her hand, feeling the lump in her throat. Right now, she had to be strong, like Jupiter had always been. Her eyes were watery, but she refused to cry. She lifted her chin up high, quietly nodding at her husband before he went off to fetch one of the torches. She folded her hands in front of her, watching him as he spoke. Ophelia clenched her jaws together, trying to refrain from letting go. She needed to be calm and collected now. The boats caught flame, eating away at the wood and the banners. Quietly, she sniffled as they started to drift away downstream, towards the horizon. For every single soul that had fought for them, she would be eternally grateful.  

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
In union, there is strength Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 03:56

Today was a very emotional day. He had agreed to the wish of Jupiter to hold a memorial for the fallen soldiers. His brother had organised it himself. He was truly becoming a leader, showing he was capable of taking initiatives that were in the best interest of the people. And now he needed that more than ever. Because his brother would stand by him through difficult times. It was what he had always strived for in his own reign. He wanted to involve his family as much as he could. Listening to their input and feedback to make his decisions. Granting them the opportunity to make their own when the time was right.

And he had not made a mistake trusting his brother with the organisation of this event. He stood by Delaney as he watched how his brother stepped forward. His voice sounded calm and composed as he said a few words. Only after the first boat left the shore, other people dared to move. He observed people from all allegiances supporting each other while they said their goodbyes. Eventually he stepped forward too, towards an older woman holding onto a torch with shaking hands, tears streaming down her face. He stood next to her as she wiped the tears of her cheeks and found the courage to set the boat on fire. He did not know who she lost, but that didn’t matter. His heart ached for her, and all the other people here, who had lost a loved one that had helped win the battle.

As the flames started spreading he walked up to the boat and along with another man he pushed it far enough for the waves to pick it up. He looked aside to the other man, who stared back kind of bewildered as he recognised him. He then noticed how there were bandages sticking out of his shirt, covering part of his throat. He realised the man must have been fighting too. His pale blue gaze found the other again. ”Thank you”, He simply said. For his service. For his help. For his faith.

Afterwards he returned to his spot next to Delaney, struggling with his emotions in silence.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
In union, there is strength Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 09:57
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
It was not quite the after wedding that she herself would have envisioned the young couple could want, but she greatly appreciated it. Watching the silent guard sending off their loved ones. Paying thanks to those lost in the battle she knew that this was reality. Life didn’t stop for a party. Life went on, people kept losing people and even with the war won, those lost would never return.

Her head turned slowly towards Jupiter as he spoke, his voice clear making her breath stuck in her throat for a few seconds as she touched Apollo’s hand softly with her own. Staring at the people gathered around them. Those they loved who had seen the dawn of a new day and those who lost their lives protecting each and every one standing here now. As Apollo left her side to send off the boats she stepped towards her new sister in law and laid her hand softly on the back of Ophelia’s shoulder. Saying nothing as she watched the fire catch but just stood there. Supporting the woman next to her, while her own heart burned along with the little boat.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
In union, there is strength 4f8f77f114ba88c9a3b5356d94372ee9
Michelle

Character Sheet
Celeste Vigneron
Celeste Vigneron
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 10:37
Some people are like constellations.
This wasn’t the thing she was good at, she was good at parties and laughing. She was good at forgetting worries and deaths. Not facing them head on. Standing here, dressed in an simple dress the show the grief she watched. All these people. All this grief. All this pain. It made her insecure, she’d rather run away and hide somewhere. She hadn’t known one who died on this battlefield even though she knew that there had been men from their lands that laid down their lives. She knew the sacrifices made and she knew that they had been important. She knew all that, yet she stood here, unmoving.

No tears burned in her little eyes, but she looked just as pale as any other who stood there, perhaps for different reasons, but she looked the part. Standing silent to keep herself in check as she watched her niece, watched her siblings. Focusing on their breathing and their movements. Forcing herself locked on the harsh cold floor. While her heart beat loudly in her chest. Panic for the unknown situation tingling in her fingers. Yet she forced herself silent and still. One lesson burning in her mind. If she had nothing good to say, for gods sake, say nothing Celeste.

I will not be like a bird bred in a cage
too dull to fly, when the door stands open
In union, there is strength Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 13:00

Maybe, just maybe he shouldn’t go. Yet there was no maybe in matters like these. He needed to show his head. He needed to be there as a sign of strength. Yet he was feeling like a damn ragdoll. It didn’t take persuading at all. The lord commander still held a high sense of duty, and he needed to send his fallen comrades to Yunuen and Solista. So eventually he got dressed, not in the armor he would normally wear. Darker clothes, yet with a silver lining embroidered in it. A warm cloak, lined with pelts so the cold wouldn’t get to him. Jupiter had gotten married with Ophelia. And the way that he was celebrating his wedding, spoke of great strength. Remembering the dead on such an important day, it was more than right to do this and he had the greatest respect for the youngest Freyr because of it.

Together with Willa they had made way to the riverbank where it all was happening. Too proud to grab his cane he held onto her, blue eyes staring out in front of him at all the little boats that were located there. His pace was slower but they made it soon enough. Apollo, Jupiter, Ophelia, other members of the Vigneron family, Delaney, Vulcan, almost everyone was her for so far he could see. But the only one he needed on his side was Willa right now. After Apollo had stepped back to Delaney’s side.

He stepped forward. Shortly looking at both his Lord and his younger brother giving a swift nod. He walked alone. It took him a while to actually reach on of the little boats with the Freyr sigil. Placing his hand on the edge of one of those boats, lowering his head. ’You’ve fought brave. You’ve all fought brave. You haven’t died in vain, you have saved the kingdom. You have saved us all.’ The man spoke softly, his voice actually gaining in strength near those final words. ’Let Yunuen and Solista welcome you, embrace you like one of their own. Because you died as heroes, and you’ll feast as gods.’ The Lord Commander grabbed a torch, placing it in the little both as he pushed it away on the riverbank. Onto a better place for those fallen heroes, Tyrr, all the recruits.. Alec stepped back out of the water, walking back to Willa. Defeat visible on his face, yet there was some sense of relieve could be spotted in his eyes. No lost souls, only heroes. The man stood by her side again, his hand slipping in hers as he watched numerous boats leave the shores.

“The water hears and understands.
The ice does not forgive.”
In union, there is strength Gifjeminiicon
Swaas

Character Sheet
Willa Winchester
Willa Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 02:43
Silence, silence was all she heard going over the riverbank and once more, she realized she felt awkwardly out of place. There was little to no connection between her and those fallen soldiers they were saying goodbye to, nor was there any bond between her and the many people surrounding her. And still, here she stood, shivering because she hadn’t adapted to the weather just yet and with a weird sense of duty and solace as she watched these men, women and children say goodbye to their heroes, their protectors. Her hand had let go of Alec’s and returned beneath her cloak to join her other hand on her rounded stomach. An instinct to stick to his side in these difficult times was suppressed as her eyes went to the other women around, a lot of them in tears as they had lost someone. Willa had gotten lucky and she was grateful for that.

Alec walked back to her and she let her hand go to her side to pick his up, holding it, supporting him in the sadness that was clear on his face. Sadness that was clear on everybody’s face and for the first time, Willa got to be part of the community, the city, the region. She mourned with them, maybe not for the individuals but for the loss they had suffered in general. As she could feel the sadness crawl up her throat, she watched at the different boats, carrying away all those fallen people from all those regions. She felt like that was exactly what she was supposed to do as she leaned her head against Alec’s shoulder.

My scar doesn't tell you I survived,
it tells you I avenged.

THE PIRATE
In union, there is strength Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 17:24
The battle had been exactly what she had expected from a battle; intense, bloody and a challenge like no other. The woman had been hyper aware during the whole fight, but she had still been surprised when she had heard just how many people had fallen during it. Bandages dug in her skin where the medics had made an attempt at keeping her ribs set in place and even now, she was breathing heavily because of the pressure on her lungs as she walked up to the riverbank. The raven quietly leaned against a wooden structure a bit further away from the crowd, glancing out at the burning boats drifting over the water. There were a lot of recruits in those boats, people who she had trained and lived with, some of them she could even remember by name.

A lot of people had gathered and Manea knew to keep herself out of those situations, especially now she wasn’t at her best. But, both as part of the army and as her brother’s sister, she had wanted to be there. The raven had wanted to show her support, mainly to her brother but also to the other people who were grieving over the loss of so many good soldiers. ”Thank you,” the woman softly spoke out in thin air as she watched the wooden boats, engulfed by flames, drift away from the people who had sent them on their journey.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
In union, there is strength WQpCWI4
Daan

Character Sheet
Nox Freyr
Nox Freyr
Deceased

on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 20:37
High above the tallest tree
Courage will come your way
Her stomach turned as she looked at the boats. Brave soldiers had fallen, giving their lives for those that couldn’t fight for themselves. Her very own brothers had fought on the battlefield. They had fought those… monsters. The same monsters that had caused so much pain to the families of the fallen, and her heart was bleeding for them. Men, women and children had gathered for the memorial. North and South united. Young and old standing side by side. Nox quietly eyed a couple of women not too far away from them. They looked alone, and she didn’t even need to guess why they were. Those people had lost their loved ones. They had lost everything.
Nox looked up as her brother spoke, and she quietly watched how the first boats were set on fire and pushed away from the shore. ”In union, there is strength,” she softly whispered, repeating the words she had heard her brother say. Today would be a day she would never forget. She briefly looked to the side, watching how some of her family members found comfort with each other. Nox clenched her jaws together, her eyes drifting back to the burning boats as she felt some tears well up behind her eyes. She had never been good in goodbyes, even though she had never spoken or even seen those people, she felt for them. But she would remember them, as they were the reason she could soon embrace the person she loved again. A lone tear dripped down her cheek, and her hand slowly reached up to find Jupiter’s, her slender fingers sliding into his.
+ tagthe north
+ notes none
BY MITZI

shaking off your troubled soul

as silence seems to grow

it's the faith in sight

the doubt that fades

as the world dissolves below
In union, there is strength 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 24 Apr 2020, 23:35

Diana had been shocked once she saw the home that she had come back to. A large part of the city’s wall had been destroyed, and its surroundings were largely burnt. Even within Caer Scion, there were traces of the battle that had been fought, the lives that had been lost. It was a tragedy unlike anything she had ever experienced, but she had always trusted her brother to lead them through this hell. And he had, even though the cost had been unimaginable. Countless people had fallen. Their bodies had already been buried or burnt, but their families were still grieving. Among the dead was the late Lord Azrael Sylversword, whom they would also be remembering today. Diana could only imagine the horrific death that resulted from fighting the undead.

Her stone cold gaze was focused on her younger brother, who spoke his words with immense respect and conviction. He didn’t falter, and she couldn’t help but feel proud. Apollo was there, together with his wife, and Jupiter stood side by side with Lady Ophelia. She was by herself, as always, but it didn’t matter. She no longer needed comfort. Along the rest of her siblings, she watched as the boats burnt. The most naïve part of her hoped that this would be the last time something like this happened, but she knew better. The world would never run out of cruelty.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum