⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Let's settle our soul Dz9nkBK
Jenn

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Let's settle our soul Empty Let's settle our soul

on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 19:21
It was with mixed feelings. He hadn’t been more relieved and happy then now on this moment when their journey ended and his usual horizon exchanged for that white cold picture he had loved his whole life. But on the other side, there was that worry in which he searched every bit of the way for destruction, death, and sadness. The refugees had been as cautious as he was, looking everywhere for something that would pull their hopes away. But as they found their way home again Jupiter saw their reassurance again. They were home, some got greeted by the ones that survived, others found their homes back in one peace. He smiled, even with the things he saw in the distance, houses that were burned down ... nothing took away the feeling of coming home. A home that survived the attack of the dead.

The castle still stood in all his glory and Jupiter looked shortly aside to Ophelia, squeezing her hand before they followed the guards inside. He couldn’t convince Nox to come home, she seemed to find her luck somewhere else. Diana, on the other hand, had traveled with him. It had been months, months in which he had missed his brother, his mother and that persistent cold of the North. With everything that had happened in Wineport, he was truly happy to be back here. At least he didn’t felt watched, didn’t felt forced, didn’t have to fake. As they arrived in the big open hallway he turned to Ophelia. ‘You should rest.’ He noticed the tired expression on her face. He knew she wouldn’t want to go without greeting his family but he promised her to have dinner with everybody together so she complied, following a servant up to his room. He looked at how she took the stairs up before he turned around, finding his brother who was apparently just informed by their arrival. ‘Brother.’ Jupiter greeted him with the biggest smile. Jupiter wasn’t a person to look for much physical contact but now he walked up to his brother and hugged him. After all, he didn’t only miss his brother for months, Apollo also survived the battle of the North.
The hardest person to love is yourself.

Let's settle our soul Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Let's settle our soul Empty Re: Let's settle our soul

on Fri 17 Apr 2020, 02:45

Ever since the battle was over he had not gotten much rest. His wounds had been patched up though he had not really taken the chance to heal up properly. Against the advice of the medics, of course. But there was so much to do. He had the responsibility to oversee the next steps too. People were looking at him for guidance through these difficult times, and he had set his mind upon leading them to better days again. No chirurgeon could keep him in his bed nowadays. Part of the city had taken lots of damage, mostly from the fires they had been forced to light to end the Undying once and for all. Aside from that there were hundreds of bodies to identify and bury. There was no time to sit around and do nothing.

The only time off he got was when he was in his office writing letters. The list of fallen soldiers was endless. He needed to let all their families know their loved one had been killed in action. Another task he could easily pass on to the scribes, for example, yet he wanted to honour their names by doing it personally. He often got disturbed by people needing him, and today was no different. But the reason why was. He sent the guard away and put down his quill, after which he wrapped his cape a bit more tightly around his shoulders before walking towards the main hall.

A smile curled around his lips when he saw Jupiter standing in the hallway. He had just missed Ophelia, but he figured she must have her reasons to disappear upstairs. He would have the chance to welcome her later. For now, he happily wrapped his arms around his brother, a bit surprised about his sudden expression of emotions, though he could not say he minded for one second. ”My brother. I am fully glad you are here”, He said. He grabbed the young man by his shoulders to inspect him closer. ”Have you been training down South, huh?” He said with a little smirk. He looked stronger, wiser, older even. He let go of the other man and beckoned him to follow him back towards his office. They had a lot to talk about.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 10:43
Jupiter always thought it would divide him and Ophelia, his love for the North and her love for Wineport. But it seems things changed. With everything happening in Wineport and to her she was as happy to be here as he was. It almost felt peaceful to not walk hallways in expectation to see a stranger … an Aldyr … a dragon. He had to get his brother up to speed, and quickly. With the health of Loran and Ophelia that no longer had a position as heir things could get shaky for the Freyr’s, certainly with those Aldyr’s in that house.

But it wasn’t something he thought of right know as he looked at his brother with the same smile. He seemed rather good, exhausted but good. Jupiter tried to found out if he was wounded but on the first appearance, there was nothing that told him how injured Apollo really was. His smile grew a little bigger with the hug, something he kept holding on too tight. Ever since their father died Jupiter clinched more to Apollo, afraid of losing him too. Part of him had always wanted to fight alongside Apollo. Maybe one day they would. As he pulled back Apollo inspected him closer and Jupiter only bow his head to his comment. ‘As much as I could given the circumstances.’ He admitted. Which wasn’t much. He followed Apollo to his office. ‘I’m sorry for Ophelia her absence, she was tired.’ He apologized for his wife to be. She had been tired a lot, there was an undying haunting her dreams and there was nothing he could do about it. As soon as the door closed behind them Jupiter followed his brother to the desk. ‘How are you?’ He then asked, maybe a little worried. And he wasn’t talking about only Apollo, he was talking about his wife, his mother, the people, the state of Cear Scion all together. He wanted to help, they needed to help in order to get this country back on its feet again.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 19:16

When he was out in public he managed to hide the pain he was in pretty well. As long as he wasn’t required to lift heavy objects he was fine. His shoulder had suffered a nasty cut, his ribs were bruised up and his left hip was covered with a deep wound as well. His pace could almost betray it as he walked. He tried not to put his full weight on it for too long. For now the medicine helped. He knew he should be laying down more but he refused. There was so much work to do. Luckily Jupiter had returned. The tight hug the two of them shared made him flinch a little, but it was hidden by the fact they were standing close to each other. There were not many people around anyway. He noted how the boy had grown into a man. It felt like he hadn’t seen him in years. ”I wouldn’t ask for more”, He responded with a nod. He imagined the man had been busy enough.

”Of course. I will see her in due time, I assume? I would like to personally thank her for her support”, He said. He took place at his desk, waiting for his brother to join him. ”A few cuts and bruises, nothing worth mentioning”, He answered his first question. Even though he had only posed one, he knew there were much more behind it. So he opened a drawer, taking two glasses and a bottle of wine. He poured them both half a glass while he was talking. ”Mother and Delaney were safe all throughout the battle. I left them in the castle with enough guards to take down any Undying that might slip past our defenses. Manea and Vulcan joined the fight. They’re both fine now. Alec is in worse condition. He fell from the wall and suffered some nasty burns as well”, He summed up. ”Eventually the monsters got through our ranks and started climbing the walls. Some got over it, so they had to use fire inside of the city to exterminate them. Some houses burned down completely and the Western wall is damaged severely”, He added. So far the update on their own matters.

”Aside from that unfortunately we lost a lot of people”, He sighed, looking aside to the stack of letters next to him. ”I’m writing letters to their relatives. The list is endless”, He said. ”We also have confirmed Lord Azrael Sylversword was among the fallen”, He went on. Jupiter would surely remember the man. They’d gone to his wedding together, fought in the tournament organised to celebrate it.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 20:50
Jupiter noticed the way his brother carried his body in his walk over to the office. As Jupiter followed him his eye rested on his back, hips, knowing that somewhere underneath those clothes laid an injury. But Freyr’s were proud and stubborn like that. Apollo wouldn’t admit the hurt he felt just as he wouldn’t give in to the exhaustion. The people needed their home back, the dead needed remembering, there was no time for rest, not for people like him. For that Jupiter hoped he could unburden his brother a little by helping out. That was why he came back to Cear Scion after all.

‘Yes offcourse.’ He smiled, almost polite. Ophelia had a rough couple of weeks, he wasn’t planning on burden his brother with it. She was happy to be here and she would show that in supporting the Freyr’s further. When Apollo mentioned his own health Jupiter shortly smiled, knowing his brother was suppressing the seriously of his injuries. But he was walking so Jupiter didn’t tend to get too worried. Aside from that, if something was serious Apollo would tell him. Jupiter sat down while Apollo poured them to glasses, he smiles as he took one over. It was to his relief to hear that Delaney and their mother were safe, that even Manea and Vulcan survived. He kept silent throughout the whole talk studying his brother as he went on over the people they lost, the buildings that got destroyed. And then he mentioned the lord Sylverword and his eyebrows rose a little. ‘That’s a great loss.’ He admitted. Lady Sylverwords only married a few months back and now she had already had to say goodbye to her husband. That was something nobody wanted to endure, not at any age. ‘What can I do?’ He then asked. 'Let me help, let Ophelia help.' He wanted to do something, anything. He already proposed to honor the dead, an idea he and Ophelia got.

Jupiter leaned back, taking in everything Apollo said. At least the people came back, steady but surely. If they would be able to rebuild things maybe the future would be something to look forward to. But before that could happen Apollo needed to know what Jupiter had to say. ‘I bring some information to.’ He then said with a heavy sigh. It wasn’t only about the stranger that would take Wineport over, it was about Loran his sickness, the Aldyr’s, the dragons … It was a lot, facts that could change things for them.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 17:54

His update was quick and to the point. There was no use in going on and on about all the smaller details. Perhaps also because he was avoiding exactly that ever since the day of the battle. In all honesty, it had scared him more than he would ever admit to anyone. Giving Jupiter a more detailed report about the fight would most likely upset him more than he could bear right now. He didn’t want his brother to think he was losing it. ”It is. On top of that, we have people that are still unaccounted for. Their bodies were not recovered. We can’t even know for sure if they are dead or not”, He said. ”And we can’t give them a proper funeral either”, He added with a worried tone in his voice. Their souls would not find their way into Yunuen’s kingdom. They would be forced to wander around.

”Considering you and Ophelia have been working with the refugees, I’d like for you both to bring them all home. I’m not sure how many of those people their houses are destroyed. At the same time other houses will not be occupied anymore now. Perhaps those who have lost a house can be relocated into the vacant ones”, He explained. ”Others will have to travel home. I’d leave all that to you”, He said. Then he could focus his efforts on the rebuilding of the city. ”Eventually, the foreign troops will have to leave too. They can stay until after the memorial, but I’d like them gone sooner rather than later. We are in a very weak position now and I don’t want any of them to take advantage of it”, He then expressed his concern. He knew the Hand of the King would come knocking sooner or later. They were in debt now. He wanted to be on his feet before that man came to claim their payback.

His brother then mentioned he had news of his own to share. He nodded and gestured that he could start speaking whenever he wished. Hopefully it was not too troubling. They were vulnerable now. Any threat to their power now could potentially be the end of House Freyr.

Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 13:34
While Apollo was telling him about the battle and the things that got lost Jupiter kept his eyes carefully on his brother. Jupiter always had been the one to sit back in a conversation, to observe in the crowd, to use his head instead of his strength. For that he had been happy to taken care of the refugees, to commit himself to that while his brother tried to get things under control here. When he mentioned the bodies that weren’t accounted for he looked down in his glass. ‘Is there a possibility to try and find them? Or is the damage to big?’ He asked carefully. He would love to help and find the loved ones of a family underneath the pile of rubble. But as Apollo said earlier, there were fires to and that left nothing over of a body once it got to it. For that his plan to do a little memorial on his wedding fit … everybody deserved a chance to say goodbye.

Jupiter didn’t only come home to marry, he needed to set his mind on restoring things, to be there for Apollo. This all couldn’t be easy after all. His brother was doing a good job of acting strong but he knew it wouldn’t last forever. At least he had Delaney, at least he had his whole family to back him up. So for that, he asked what he could be doing, making him nod as Apollo told him what he could do. ‘We will.’ He nodded. Ophelia needed to set her mind on things too, although she would prepare a different kind of wedding, she would love to guide the Northern people home.

But then Apollo mentioned their weak position and Jupiter only looked at him, thinking back of all the information he gathered in Wineport. The last thing they would do was to try overthrow Cear Scion, not when Dragonwatch was vulnerable with the absence of Sunchaser. ‘I think all eyes are locked on Dragonwatch now.’ He admitted softly. ‘There is no reason why people would look at us while they lost their dragon. There weak to, certainly with an army here.’ If that was any comfort for his brother. Not that it was long comfort for he mentioned he had news himself. Apollo gestured he could carry on and Jupiter signed, where did he even need to begin? ‘Lord Loran is sick’, he started, slowly looking back to his brother. ‘It’s bad. And in the events of him maybe dying there needs to be a replacement. I prefer it to be Ophelia or Rayan but there is this new member of the family, some lost son, Delsin Vigneron. He came out of nowhere, proved his claim and will be the next ruler of Wineport.’ Jupiter never met with Delsin other than the family dinner and that was maybe for the better. ‘He is engaged with Enya Aldyr while Rayan is engaged to Alysanne Aldyr.’ He looked at his brother, seriously. For his this was a problem, where would Vigneron his loyalty lay after Loran died? Not North, not if he married an Aldyr. ‘Two Aldyr’s are currently housed in Wineport. On top of that Delsin and Alysanne have newly hatched dragons. I saw them,’ he paused. ‘they scared me.’ He admitted. Such a dragon grew up, they turned out monsters that only listened to one person … everything could go wrong if that person had the wrong mindset. ‘I’m worried.’ He finally confessed. He got to see it, how tight those Aldyr’s came to the Vignerons, how distant Ophelia got in her own home. And for that they needed to think this through, even if it was just a worse case scenario. But he also knew Apollo was probably too tired to get into all of this. But at least he couldn’t say he didn’t get warned.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 03:33

Some of the bodies were not recovered. Others were too burnt or butchered to identify them. It was difficult for everyone involved. Especially the loved ones that had stayed behind without the opportunity to say proper goodbyes. Hopefully Jupiter’s idea would give them a chance to get closure. ”The problem is that we suspect some got dragged along with the Undying as they worked their way through our defenses. Some have escaped. I sent out parties to track them down, but the chances we will find the bodies are slim”, He said. ”Others will hopefully be retrieved when the rubble gets cleared out”, He then added. He wasn’t counting on it. They could only try.

With the help of his brother and wife-to-be at least the refugees would be taken care of properly. He trusted them to do a good job on that part. Just like he trusted Jupiter had kept his eyes and ears open for any valuable information while staying in Wineport. And he had. He gave the full report. The disappearance of Sunchaser. Lord Loran’s sickness. The return of some lost heir. The engagement of two Vignerons to Aldyr Princesses. Baby dragons. The list of unfortunate turns was endless. ”So am I”, He finally admitted after a long silence. ”But we will overcome it. I refuse to believe we can’t handle this, not after what we just got through”, He then added with a faint smile. He would not be demotivated. Never. He would keep fighting, for a better future for his people.

Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter Freyr
Jupiter Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 02 May 2020, 14:37
It was unthinkable that people would have no death to barry … because they were nowhere to be found. That they would always remain in this world without traveling further. Jupiter wished that on nobody so if he could help, he would. But the words of his brother were discouraging. He looked down in the wine, swirling it around as he listened. The horrifying thought that those monsters dragged a body with them. He had to think about Ophelia for a moment, knowing she had an encounter with one too. ‘The people will remember you trying to bring their family back.’ He said, knowing in some corner this was a lost call. They wouldn’t retrieve everybody, they had to accept that. Yet they were still trying, because it was a Freyr thing to do, to not give up.

Jupiter had wished he didn’t need to tell this. His brother had already enough on his mind, he didn’t need to hear what the south was bringing. He had wished he could have stopped with the disappearance of Sunchaser. But it went far further than this. Not only did a dragon fight a vanish, two others got born. Two that now lived in house Vigneron. And that wasn’t even the bad part, it were the Aldyr’s. Even after his meeting with the princess Alysanne, he couldn’t shake the feeling that there wasn’t any influence anymore. Ophelia stepped down, their union was in ways useless. And what if Loran died … what then? After he had put out his worries, even his fears he drank his cup empty in one swift motion, hearing his brother agree with the worries. Jupiter had suspected another reaction, something more troubling. Which only suggested that Apollo already knew or was too tired to get on it now. ‘I know we will.’ He said, studying his brother’s face. ‘But,’ he paused, realizing their goal to get back to their rightful place was a lot harder now. ‘Nothing.’ He shook his head. ‘We need to get ourselves in order first. Brother, you look tired.’ He admitted. There was no need in getting to it now, even if Jupiter was full of energy to do something about it. He needed to be here for Apollo first. And that was all that counted.

Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 29 May 2020, 12:11

The aftermath of the fight was a mess and a half to start cleaning up. The men were tired. The people were grieving their losses. But this was not the time to start slacking. There was no time to rest. It was overwhelming him. The enemy they were fighting now was an invisible one. Despair, sadness, anger. He wished he could do more for his people than he was doing now. Jupiter made a fair point. He nodded at his words, knowing that he was right, but having a hard time accepting it nonetheless.

His mood was going back and forth a lot. All he knew was that he could not give up. Not now. Not after all the suffering. It could not be all for nothing. ”You know you can always speak your mind to me, brother, no matter how tired I am”, He said while pulling up his brows slightly. The young man often came with different perspectives, which made him make interesting points every now and then. He would be an idiot to ignore those.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum