⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Hail the underdogs Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Hail the underdogs Empty Hail the underdogs

on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 20:36
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
A shiver ran down her spine as the icy wind blew the cold against her pale skin. Freyja nuzzled her nose a little further in her warm cloak as she quickly walked towards the door that led to one of the warmer parts of the castle. She had been checking up on her horse, an animal she held very close to her heart since it was the only thing she had left of her father. He had given the animal to her when she had been very young, and the white horse had only been a newborn foal at the time. The stableboy had noted her this morning that her horse wasn’t eating very well and Freyja immediately had come in to have a look at her herself. Another thing to worry about.
She dropped her cloak on the couch and walked over to the fireplace. In this castle, the fire was almost always burning to keep the cold outside the thick, stone walls. Living in the Highlands wasn’t easy, but her family had found a good way to do so. The red-haired woman sugged down on her knees, sitting down on the big bear fur that was on the ground, warming her hands on the flames. She took in a deep breath and felt her muscles relax, the warmth melted the cold straight out of her body again.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

Hail the underdogs Empty Re: Hail the underdogs

on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 21:29
Lora got used to the cold through the years and now that it was summer it was not so bad as it would be in winter, but still if she stayed outside for long the cold would slowly seep into her skin. She had been practicing with the bow again, even though she only used it when it was really necessary, but her skills had gotten quite good over the years. Now however she felt cold and put her bow away, before making her way inside the castle where she was immediately greeted by warmth.
She went into the room where a fireplace was burning and noticed almost immediately that she was not alone. She took of her cloak and walked over to Freyja's side, sitting down beside her and stretching her arms to the fire for a moment. The warmth of the fireplace was comforting and for a moment she did not say anything to her sister, just enjoying the warmth for now.

Tag: -

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 09:36
The soft bear fur was very comfortable to sit on and this was one of her favorite places in the castle. She watched the flames flicker and carefully warmed both her hands on it. The room was filled with weird shadows that danced upon the walls, what added to the cosy nature of the room. Freyja looked up when someone sat down next to her and recognized her younger sister Lora. She flashed her a brief smile before looking back at the fire, making sure she wasn’t sticking her hands in too far since she doubted she could even feel it if the flames would lick her skin, so cold were her hands. Freyja enjoyed the peaceful silence between the two of them and focussed on the soft sounds that the fire produced while scorching the wood. After a little while, her warm voice finally spoke up. ”How was your day?” she asked her sister while gazing over at her.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 21:28
It was quite peaceful sitting besides Freyja, her hands close to the fire. The warmth seemed to spread from her fingers to the rest of her body and soon enough she felt warm enough to put her arms besides her body. Placing her hands a bit behind her, so she could lean on them as support. The question from Freyja was the first to break the silence, but she did not mind. The fire was soothing along with the sound of it, but she knew they could not keep quiet forever. "It was fine. I practiced with the bow for a bit." She had honestly be spending more than a bit of time shooting that bow, but that were only minor details. "How was your day? Anything special that happened?" She was more than glad that her sister was de lady and not her. She really wouldn't like all the responsibilities that came with it. But still, you could never know if you might become the lady of a house one day. Their father and brother had just disappeared suddenly too.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 19:28
Freyja looked at the dancing flames in the fireplace when she asked her sister how her day had been. Apparently, Lora had been practicing with her bow. The lady wondered how long she had been outside in the cold, trying to hit the rose with her arrows. She herself had been busy with political things all day long, writing letters and meeting up with the couple of guests that stayed at their castle.
She eyed her sister when she asked how her day had been. A weak shrug was the answer for now, while she looked back at the flames. ”Just a boring day full of business,” she sighed. Oh, she couldn’t wait until all those merchants left to go back to the south. The meetings with them were excruciating and long, and in most of the cases, they were a little rude towards her too, especially once they had a couple of ales. ”I’m glad it’s over for today, you don’t know how bad I just wanna go to bed right now, but I wanna wait until Tyrr is home.” She always tried to stay awake so they could have a peaceful moment together after not seeing him since they got up, but she always fell asleep once she hit the bed, so she figured she might as well wait here until he got home.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 22:58
She could understand that a day full of business was boring or at least that is also how it sounded to her. She avoided as much of it as she could, but leaving it all to Freyja made her feel guilty sometimes. It was after all hard to have he position as head of the family. She could hunt all she wanted while her sister took care of their guests, but listening to all kinds of stuff and replying to them seemed much more tiring to her than just a simple hunt. At the mention of her sisters fiancé she just nodded. She was the only one who had a fiancé yet, but she knew that if they wanted to keep the Skarsgård family going she would not be the only one who needed to marry. "He is lucky to have someone who will wait for him." Was all she said. After all she doubted that a lot of people had someone who was willing to stay up till that person got home.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 12:14
Her decision to accepts Tyrr’s hand in marriage had raised many eyebrows over the last couple of months. Most of her advisors had thought she would accept the offer of a lord from another house, preferably one that was higher in rank then her own, but instead she had married a guard. A man without any lands or status. She loved him with all her heart and wouldn’t want anyone else by her side other than him, but she knew it had been a choice that might backlash to her one day. Freyja smiled at the words of hr red-haired sister and nodded. ”I just love him a lot,” she said. There were not many people of their status that could marry for love and she had only done it because her parents hadn’t been here anymore to do anything about it. She was certain her father wouldn’t have agreed.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 18:51
She knew that their father would have wanted Freyja to marry a lord and probable the same for her and Maer. Yet he was not here anymore, so her sister was able to marry the one she loves. She did not know what that would be like, since she had never been in love with someone before. She did not dare fall in love with someone while her father was still alive and afterwards she had been busy with her daily life or at least too busy to pay much attention to the men around the castle. Which is probably also why she had not been thinking much about it lately. Did she wish to find love herself? She was not so sure, since it would mean in the end that she would have to settle down and probably have some children and she did enjoy hunting a lot. Yet she put this thought aside and focused on Freyja agai. "It's great that you're able to marry the one you love." She knew that a lot of people thought different than her, but this meant that they were still free to do what they wanted.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 11:42
Freyja had fallen in love one time before, but that had ended in nothing more than tears. She had learned from her mistakes, not to trust the pretty words some men used to seducing a woman. Now she had Tyrr, who barely used any words in the first place. ”You know, I hope you’ll find someone you truly love one day too.” She didn’t want to see her sister being forced in marriage, which wouldn’t be fair since Freyja had chosen who to marry herself. She was going to marry someone without lands or title, so why should her sister not do the same? People usually didn’t get married for love, a wise man told her years ago.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 10 Jul 2019, 19:13
She doubted that she would find love any time soon, since she really did not take the time to get to know some men. "I will first need to pay more attention to men before that is going to happen." She said half joking. After all, hunting seemed more important for her at the moment than finding love. "Who knows, maybe I will find someone one day." Or she wouldn't and then she would probably be expected to marry someone without love. She looked at her sister for a moment, ignoring the fire for now. "What is it like to be in love?" She did not know after all and maybe it was a strange question.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 12:17
Freyja grinned when her younger sister stated she should first pay more attention to men before that would happen. The red-haired woman looked at the dancing flames while listening to her next words. ”There’s someone for everyone,” she stated before her sister asked her an interesting question. What was it like to actually be in love? Freyja pulled her hands back and looked at her sister, thinking for a second. ”It feels like someone completes a part of your life you didn’t even knew that was missing to begin with. It hits you when you don’t expect it.” There were so many ways to explain what love felt like, though it was hard to translate a feeling into words.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 20:15
It was probably true that there was someone for everyone. It was just a question whether or not you found them in your life. She listened to her sister's answer to her question and smiled slightly. It might be nice to have someone who made her whole and who understood her, but it also sounded like something you could not do anything about until you came across it. While she herself was more of a person who wanted to take action, this definitely seemed like something she might have trouble with. It did sound like something special that not everyone would be able to find. "It does sound special." She noted. Who knows, she might experience it herself one day.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 12:04
She remembered the feeling she had felt stirring in her stomach once she and Tyrr had told each other those three words for the first time. And every time they had spoken them out loud since that first time, it had felt as magical as it had done back then. Those three words, ‘I love you’, sounded so silly in a certain way. She had been telling boys those words before when she had been younger, but it hadn’t been the same as this time. Freyja looked at her sister and nodded. ”Yeah, it is special,” she said with a little smile and looked back at the fireplace. ”And I’m sure you’ll find someone special too once time is there. You don’t have to look for it, but it will find you, in the end.” She hadn’t been looking for love. Love found her.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 15:39
Somehow she could not imagine that love would come just like that. She thought it would at least require a bit of effort to fall in love, but it was of course a feeling, something that was there or not. Yet she still felt like she wanted to know someone before really knowing whether it would be love or not. But even if she found the one, it would always be the question if he would love her too, since if that wasn't the case love would only be a burden. "And then it's hoping that the other will feel the same." But that was not something you would be able to force on the other and she did not see herself do that either.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 16:40
Freyja quietly thought about the questions her younger sister had asked her. Love was a tricky thing, to say the least. It would hit you very hard and it could raise you up, but also break you down to the ground. A weak smile appeared on her face while listening to her sister, slowly nodding in agreement. ”Yeah, but if it’s meant to be he or she will,” she said and briefly eyed her sister. One day she would find someone to love, just like Freyja had done. It would only take time. ”I don’t know how people survive arranged marriages,” she then said, ”I mean, you have to marry someone you don’t even know.” Getting to know someone was important for falling in love. She couldn’t imagine herself being with someone for the rest of her life she didn’t love.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 15:08
She hoped that it would be true that the other would love her back when the time came, but that was something to worry about when it was time for that. She still had time after all, even though there were enough who were in arranged marriages when her age. But she might just be lucky that her sister was not like that. Even though when it was really needed, she might be okay with it, but it did of course depend on the one she would marry. "I don't know either, I would like to at least know the person if that is possible before I marry them." It did not necessarily need to be love, but if she liked the person it would be a lot better than when she hated him. "Though you can not always avoid arranged marriages when it is better for the family." She hoped that was something that Freyja did understand. She may be able to marry the one she wants, but if it was needed to help the family, an arranged marriage might be unavoidable. Even though it was not like that at the moment, but you never knew what the future would bring.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 12:08
Freyja knew she would feel very bad if she were to marry her sisters off to a man while she herself had chosen to marry someone without lands or title. She could, she was the head of the house and had the power to decide their faiths like that, but she would feel bad about it and wasn’t sure if she could. It would mean her sisters left the castle eventually, it would be empty here once they were gone and she wasn’t sure if she was ready for that just yet. She needed her family more than anything. Freyja swallowed and slowly nodded, she would never do anything Lora didn’t want. The red-haired Lady locked eyes with her sister once she spoke again. ”Wouldn’t you hate me if I did?” she asked her younger sister, carefully. Right now she wasn’t going to and Lora knew that, but what ifs were important to keep in mind.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 17:54
Honestly, she would understand if it was necessary. It was not like she had spent her life doing what was best for her family, so when it came to it she would not be able to hate her sister if she did. "I would never hate you." She told Freyja, keeping her gaze. "If that is what is necessary I would not hate you for it." It was after all the thing she grew up with. If their father had still been alive she was quite sure he would marry them off when the opportunity would come. "And I trust you to not just chose anyone." She was quite sure Freyja would make sure that the man would be a good one. Of course if she found someone herself before that it would be different, but if that did not happen and a marriage was needed, she would not mind.

Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 18:17
Freyja wondered if her sister would hate her if she ever were to marry her off to someone for political reasons instead of love. It would be a little strange if she were to do that to her siblings while she herself married someone like Tyrr. He was a great hunter and he always kept her safe, making them the perfect match, but he wasn’t a Lord. Her father had always wanted to marry her to some Lord, even a Lord in the south if there would be one that suited his wishes. He had been a political man to the bone. The red-haired woman faintly smiled and nodded at the words of her sister, which were kind of reassuring. ”I would never do such thing without your permission, I promise.” She would stick to that promise and not marry her of to someone without permission. She loved her sister and wanted the best for her, always.
+ taglora
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Hail the underdogs X10
Cynthia

Character Sheet
Lora Skarsgård
Lora Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 19 Jul 2019, 19:41
It was good to know that Freyja would at least not go behind her back. She might not mind an arranged marriage, but not knowing before it was too late to change was not something she would like. "That's good to know." She said with a small smile. Yet she knew she would trust her sister to be able to chose a good man and one she could agree with. A small yawn left her lips, she knew it was starting to get late and if she wanted to get up early tomorrow morning it would be best to not make it too late. Still she did not want to leave Freyja here alone and she had no idea if Tyrr was back yet. It was also still quite comfortable near the fire if she was honest.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum