⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
No surrender Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

No surrender Empty No surrender

on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 01:19

For a while he had feared they would have to battle during the night. The tempo in which the bulk of the Undying were approaching Caer Scion had predicted them to arrive in the very early morning. For some reason though they had received the call for battle in the late afternoon instead. The sky was of a dark grey colour, showing neither signs of Solista or Yunuen. It bothered him to no end. The Gods were not on their side or so it seemed. There was no possible way they could avoid this confrontation though. They’d have to see it through, either with or without the blessing of the Gods.

Nervous chatter was audible all around him as he stood there, in the midst of the front line. He had left his horse behind in the rearguard. He hoped it wouldn’t be necessary, but in case he needed to retreat to the walls he would have to get there fast. One other animal was found next to him though. The she-wolf laying down in the snow had her gaze focussed on any approaching danger. He had been very reluctant to allow Delaney to join this fight. Only because she would not be there in person, but in the form of a wolf, he had allowed it. He just hoped she would not have the time to notice how he turned into a bloodthirsty maniac himself once the joy of battle settled in his heart.

For the millionth time he suppressed the urge to reach for his weapon. He tried to appear as calm as possible. Set an example for the troops. Those who knew him best would see that worried expression in his eyes though. He knew Manea would see it. He glanced to the side, to where his half-sister was standing, hoping her presence would give him the strength he needed in this moment. And it did. He could have a thousand dragons in his ranks, he would only believe in victory as long as she was at his back.

His pale gaze turned back to the horizon. The soft rumbling sound had grown louder and louder over time, like an incoming thunderstorm. They could all sense it was coming closer. He hoped the troops would remember their briefing. Their best shot was to separate the monsters. Fight them in little groups, as he did not expect them to be coordinated enough to come at each other’s help. Single them out, get them on the ground somehow, and behead them.

In the meantime the catapults mounted on the walls would fling barrels of oil towards the oncoming horde. Then a barrage of flaming arrows would hopefully thin out their numbers enough for the ground troops to stand a chance. They would find out soon enough if his plans would work. The first Undying finally appeared, running over the hill. It looked as atrocious as the few that had already reached the city a couple of days ago. More soon followed, swarming over the landscape as flies to a rotting corpse. He pulled out his trusted battle axe and lifted his shield from the ground. It was time.

Time to live or die.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
No surrender Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

No surrender Empty Re: No surrender

on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 21:31
There had been constant communication, Manea had even stood watch herself for a couple of hours, but when the call for battle had come, she had been in the barracks. Eyes had shot up to the sky and a feral grin spread over her face, while she breathed in the chilly air surrounding them. Troops had rushed out in an organized matter and before they knew it they were set up on the battlefield. Neither one of their gods seemed to have time to support them through this but the nervous rummaging of the men around her told her that there was more than enough of them.

Snow crunched beneath her feet as she set them further apart and she closed her eyes for a second. A deep breath brought chilly air into her lungs and let out a white cloud as the air left her lungs again. Her hand on the cold hilt of her sword gave her something to focus on and she shut off the sound of the troops around her, instead focusing on what was to come. His gaze landed on her, she didn’t need to open her eyes to know that, she could sense it. For his sake, she slowly opened her dark eyes, looking back and immediately noticing the worry beneath the pale gaze. With her bloodthirsty grin still firmly in place, she nodded just a little bit. As long as they stood together, they could defeat anything that came their way.

He turned his focus back on their enemies and she did the same, going through the strategy they had talked over. It had taken hours and hours but, in the end, they had come up with something that could work. However, nothing could be said for certain until they reached the end of this battle. Her eyes went to the other side, the armor of the knights in blue shimmered, even underneath the dull grey sky. There had been a lot of support, and the Glade had even sent over their Lord with his elite knights.

There it was, the sound of their enemies and even a child’s worst nightmare couldn’t come up with a monster as atrocious as the ones running over the top of the hill. They didn’t have a goal; they just ran up to them while barrels of oil and arrows set them on fire. Soon the landscape before them was set aflame and with a metallic sound Manea pulled her blade from its sheath before lifting her shield. She glanced over at her brother one last time before she focused on the creatures before her, that feral grin spreading only wider as that prickly sensation crawled up her throat. There was no stopping her now.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.
No surrender Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 22:05
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
For what felt like the first time in her life she had begged. She had grabbed his hand and begged him to let her join. She knew she was carrying his child, but she would, no could not let him run off into a battle with the dead without her by his side. She knew deep inside of her soul that no matter how strong he was, no matter how fearless that he was a mortal man. And that the end would come for him one day. So she had begged him to let her join his ranks. Begged him so that if the end would come today, she would atleast be able to protect him. That she could save his life, give him another day. A day to meet their child..

Ofcourse it was impossible to join with her pregnancy belly growing everyday. She was in no state to take up an sword. But she possessed another power. One that could make her useful in the battle ahead. It was ironic, Avanti had shown this power inside of her and now she would use it against his kind. Perhaps.. against him.

The wolf blinked, shaking out it's white fur as she pushed herself against the leg of her husband, her king. Letting her eyes leave the horizon only to stare up at his for a small moment. Taking in his facial features. The look in his eyes. The curve of his lips. Every detail with the experienced eyes of the predator she controlled. Every detail that would make him stand out. Delaney wasn't planning on leaving his side but if they got separated.. She shuddered, turning the broad head of the beast back to stare at the horizon. Waiting.

And the wait wasn't long, or the mind of the wolf calmed her in such a way that time flew even faster than she expected but there, in the far distance she saw them. Curling up the beasts lips she let a growl loose and stepped forward, keeping her hindlegs to those of Apollo, ready to pounce. Heart beating fast, for the smallest second wondering wether it was her own heartbeat of that of the wolf who felt just as ready to shed blood. Ready to kill.

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
No surrender Jason-momoa-gif-icons-3
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 23:48

let me die first
or i will die twice

The fateful day had come at last. Tyrr had spending the last few days at the barracks, training and bonding with his fellow soldiers. The men who were willing to lay down their lives to defend the North and its people. An honourable purpose, yet a rather bleak one. He had noticed morale was low among some of the younger men. Most of them had never laid eyes on an undying to begin with. How were they supposed to fight one? Tyrr had attempted to encourage them where he could. Remind them what they were fighting for.

Because they were northerners. Hardened by the cold, wielding weapons forged by the most skilled craftsmen in the world. They had been born of snow and ice, they had strength that rivalled the gods themselves. They fought for a noble cause, to protect their home and their people. There was no way they would suffer defeat today.

The skies had turned bleak and dreary. Tyrr’s hands clutched the large battle-axe that had been especially made for him. A well-placed strike could decapitate a man in a single blow, and he hoped it would do the same for the undying. He could sense the nervousness of the men among him. Soft chatter resounded from every direction, but Tyrr felt overcome by a peaceful sense of calm. He trusted Lord Apollo, just as he trusted every single man and woman with him on the battlefield this day. Whether he would live or die would not matter. All that mattered, was the greater good. The fate of their home.

His gaze was constantly fixated on the snowy horizon, awaiting the threat. His heart started beating faster once the first of the foul creatures started to appear over the heals, colouring them a bleak dark grey colour. As if emerging from an anthill, the creatures crawled over the landscape, inching closer and closer to the army of the North. Tyrr lifted his axe for good measure, taking in a deep breath of the icy cold air. It filled his lungs, reinvigorating him with all the strength he needed. He was ready.

death, too,

must be earned
No surrender Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 00:08
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
Getting back to the Highlands had been a rough journey, but she had made it. Freyja was used to the hard circumstances of the northern region, as it had been her home for more than two decades now. Being in the south had granted her with some new perspectives about the way she had been living. And she had finally figured out how she could prove herself to Lord Freyr. She had found a way to show him that she was worthy of his trust, a way to make clear to her that her home would always be her first priority. That meant that she had to be there before disaster struck. They could use every hand, or in her case, paw.
She hadn’t heard anything from her betrothed since she had left. He couldn’t read, nor could he write, so sending letters had no use. The only thing she could do was figure out a way to find her way back to him. Freyja would never accept that they would never cross paths again. She had heard from the hoard of Undying storming to the south, running from their only natural enemy. There was no way in hell that she would hang around in the south to wait until this was all over, to wait until the love of her life had died on the battlefield. She would be there. She would be there and die by his side if that was what the higher spirits had in mind for her.
The nose of the auburn wolf gently nudged against a twig, taking in the rotten scent that was left behind. One of those monsters had come by here, most likely a few days ago, but there was only a vague scent. Freyja had wandered around the city in the body of a wolf, her body safe somewhere behind its walls. She would be useless if she were to appear here in human form, so she had chosen something a bit more useful. Swiftly, the wolf closed in on the assembled troops. She stayed in the bushes, waiting for the right moment to join her people there.
And there he was. Her ears pricked up as she heard the disgusting sound of the monsters coming there way. She could hear them coming from miles, and there were many of them. The wolf jumped out of the bushes, stretching her legs as she ran towards the middle of the frontline, leaving pawprints behind in the snow. She saw how a couple of soldier eyed her, wondering whether she was just a wolf fleeing from the hoard coming south. She slowed down her pace as she reached Tyrr. He was standing there, with his axe, ready to fight for their home. And he wouldn’t fight alone. The auburn wolf pressed her head against his leg, circling around his legs, only to take a pose on his other side, watching the hoard that was coming for them. She briefly looked up at him. He would know it was her. She had chosen this particular wolf for a reason. A soft growl left her mouth when she heard the first battle cries. And oh, she was ready for this fight.
+ tagthe north
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
No surrender Tumblr_ozs895UI6T1v4xmuio8_250
Wap

Character Sheet
Maer Skarsgård
Maer Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 00:29
Every fibre in her being was telling the redhead to stay inside. For once in her life, she would do the opposite of what her instincts told her to do. Today, she would fight for the people. People whom she had never met, as well as the people that were her family. Today, she would fight for strangers and family alike. For those who sat home with their children and those who stood at the frontlines. Today, the world would see what the family Skarsgård could do. They wouldn’t sit by and watch idly. No, they would make a difference in the war to come. And if they would perish, then so they would. But they would not go down without defending their home. These lands were inhabited by their families, their ancestors. Stories had been written on these lands. She was not yet ready to see their legacy come to an end.

Instead, this would be the beginning to a new world. As of such, Maer had put down her battle axe, planning to fight this battle differently. After all, there was a smarter decision. This time, they weren’t fighting a living enemy. They weren’t fighting anything human. They would fight death. They would see it in the eyes of those who would perish. Today, men and women alike would meet their end. And they would all do it for their Lord. For their Land. For the North was more united than the rest of the land could ever be. People would speak of this war for decades to come, no matter what would happen.

Another wolf, its fur white as the snow with eyes of amber, stepped into the field. The wind stroked against her fur as she slowly walked through the people, a soft growl announcing her presence as her amber eyes found the auburn wolf. It didn’t take her more than a second to recognize whose mind was inside the beast. The wolf walked up to her sister, carefully brushing its head against the auburn fur, letting out a soft huff before she took place on Tyrr’s other side, her eyes focussed on what was ahead of them.

She could hear it. The sound of death coming for them. How their feet touched the ground, how they came closer with every second. Her nose could pick up the vaguest scent when the wind blew in their direction. Everything about it seemed to trigger that same instinct: run. But she would not run. Instead, she moved her front paws, gently tapping them against the snow as she changed position. She pushed her front back to the ground, ready to jump for it. She was ready to fight. For this Lord, she would perish. For his heart was good and he would establish a dynasty that would last a thousand years. Every man and woman here knew that this war could be their last. And they were more united than ever before.
<3

No surrender Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 15:49

The gods seemed to be against them. There was no trace of them in the sky and it worried him to be fair. Yunuen and Solista didn’t think they were fit to win this battle. Which wasn’t a good out look if you asked him. Yet, that didn’t mean they couldn’t prove their gods wrong. Cause that’s what they would be doing. In the past couple of weeks numerous of troops had reinforced their ranks, more and more people had been willing to pick up their weapons against this threat of Undying. Unifying the Highlands like never before. When the call came through the Lord Commander had already been on his way to man the wall, to stand watch for what was to come.

With a calm expression in his eyes Alec looked over the troops spread out in front of him, Apollo at the front. He hated that he was up here, yet it had been the best call to make. Mainly because of the people that were on the wall with him, manning the catapults. To support them, to give them the exact orders of when to fire, cause in a way they were the ones that kept the people at the front safe for as long as they could. With a bow in hand he watched the horizon, his gaze searching for the first of those creatures crawling over. Nervous bickering had started at his side, something he immediately but a stop to with one single stare. Making the two soldiers that were bickering over nothingness take their place again.

The first of those foul creatures had appeared, coming down the hill in rapid speed. Soon to be followed by hordes of actual death. ’Hold!’ They needed to be in the exact line of the catapults if they would fire too soon it would be of no use entirely. His heartrate was slightly picking up the pace making him take a deep breath. His eyes went over the front line, seeing Apollo pull out his axe and everyone else following. Still keeping the man on a short leash, very short for that matter. And then it broke lose, they crossed that invisible line Alec had made in his mind. ’Fire!’ His voice carried out over the walls and soon the barrels were sent off. Hitting the horde right in the middle, dividing them in smaller groups. Shrieks sounded over the field. A second amount of barrels soon followed. Soon the archers stepped forward on the wall’s lighting their arrows. The commander ordered them to hold just a bit longer, until his gut screamed at him which made him scream at them to release the rain of arrows. 'Fire away!'

“The water hears and understands.
The ice does not forgive.”
No surrender Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Apr 2020, 02:11

The combined forces present on this battlefield was the only front standing in between the Undying and the rest of the Kingdom. They had one chance to defeat them. A chance they needed to use in full to avoid more bloodshed. Behind them was all he cared about. His family, his friends, his people. He knew that every man and woman standing shoulder to shoulder next to him were fighting for the same reason. Because they had to defend those who could not defend themselves.

It was the strongest motivation. One they would need to cling on to for as long as they were still standing and able to use a weapon. Their determination could not falter. Which would be hard, considering the gruesome appearance of the enemies they were facing. The monsters scared him. They were not human. They were unpredictable. He knew his men were looking at him to take the lead though. It was his hardest trial thus far. He had to lead these people, most likely to their death, to protect all he held dear.

As the barrels were flying through the air, he hummed softly, warning Manea it was time. He knew they would fall in perfect sync soon enough. He took a few steps forward, turning around and lifting his axe high above his head. ”For our family!” He shouted louder than he had ever done before. ”For our friends!” He added. He looked at the rows and rows of troops one last time. Before turning around. The monsters were close enough now he could distinguish what was left of their facial features. ”For the North!” He roared at the top of his lungs, after which he started running. He met the first monster head on, clashing into it with such force he was almost launched backwards were it not for the men behind him to keep him on his feet with their shields.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 08 Apr 2020, 15:44

let me die first
or i will die twice

As he stood at the front lines, Tyrr was reminded of home. Of the Skarsgård castle, but also of the small village that he had grown up in. By being here today, he hoped that he would be able to protect them. They had been safe thus far, but the horde of undying was moving further south, and if they were not stopped, they would inevitably reach his home. He could not let that happen, so he was intending to fight tooth and nail, until all these undying were gone. He would kill each one of them a thousand times if that was what it took.

The sky was dark and gloomy, as was the mood among the rows and rows of men. Some were barely large enough to fit in their armour. Farmers and woodworkers that had spears and swords thrust into their hands in order to go north and fight the threat. They barely stood a chance to begin with, but maybe together they could make a difference. Tyrr remained unmoving, up until he felt a presence close to him. An auburn wolf, gently pressing its head against his leg. Tyrr didn’t smile, but he sent the animal a knowing nod. It was her, it had to be. If this was the fight for their home, they would fight together. He was soon joined by another. A white wolf with amber eyes. It was clear that House Skarsgård had made its return, pledging its loyalty to the North one final time.

Then the creatures started to trickle over the hills, first a few, then so many that the hills were darkened by their presence. Lord Commander Winchester told them to hold, and so the men did. Many of them were probably frozen in place, too afraid to move against the undead anyway. Tyrr stood there, dead silent, as he watched the horrid beings approach. Once they came closer and closer, the Lord Commander ordered the troops to fire, causing a barrage of barrels to be thrown their way. The archers followed not long after, sending rows of the undying ablaze. The skies filled with smoke, and the sickening scent of burning flesh became almost palpable in the air. Some of the creatures came through, however, heading straight for the troops. Tyrr, standing at the very front, lifted his axe even further as he braced for impact. As he did, he heard Lord Freyr shout, after which he ran into battle. A deafening roar came from the collective of soldiers as they all charged forward.

Tyrr locked his eyes onto one of the creatures that seemed to be coming straight at him. For a second, he was taken aback by its empty gaze, its hungry look, but he lifted his axe and slashed it before it could get its paws on him. A horrifying shriek emerged from the creature as the axe carved deeply into its shoulder. Tens or even hundreds of other creatures assaulted the people besides him, biting into their flesh as if it was nothing. He could hear screams on all sides, but Tyrr pushed through, hacking into the creature a second time and fully decapitating it.

death, too,

must be earned
No surrender Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 14:15

As Apollo got into it with his little moment he shortly smirked. For the North. Alec kept sending barrels over their troops crashing down into the hoards of Undyings. Yet as soon as the two forces started combining he told everyone to stop doing what they were doing. To only catapult more barrels into the hoards of Undying that were still coming down on the battlefield, yet nothing to close to their troops. Cause no, that was something he wouldn’t have. He wouldn’t be guilty to bringing down their own. He was cautious about it, maybe to cautious because in the end a few lives could be spared but he’d rather not. Mainly because he didn’t know where everyone was right now. The whole field was set ablaze and he could see flashes of people sometimes yet it was too dark to actually make out. ’Hold your ground, kill any creature that get’s passed them. They can’t get into the city.’

There were multiple barrels stacked on the edge of the wall, ready to be dumped whenever a hoard broke through. Setting them a blaze would be the ultimate weapon in the end, that would almost be their last line of defense apart from the men on the wall. His icy gaze checked up on everything. Yet mostly on the wall. Little hoard broke through eventually. Him and everyone else flipping a few of the barrels which made the tar stick to the walls before they were set on fire by some flying arrows. The heat crashing in on his face as he pulled his sword. Ready to attack if it was needed. Those horrifying screeches, they went through his head they shook him and probably every other person on here to it’s core. But they held their ground. Sooner or later some would breach the walls, he was sure. But they were ready.

No surrender Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 00:45
Contrary to most people on the battlefield, Manea didn’t prioritize protecting over the need for battle. She was here, solely because the promise of bloodshed and killing. That and maybe to stand by her half-brother when he needed her the most. In battle. She was already pulling strength from the way her brother stood tall a couple of steps away from her and she knew that as soon as the battle would commence, they would easily fall into a routine. Her dark eyes zoned in on the enemies while she focused on the sounds around her. The snarling that came off their enemies fit their appearance perfectly. Their skin seemed to be melting away and the corner of Manea’s mouth twitched when she imagined how easy it would be to slice into those rotting corpses.

The voice of their commander sounded behind her but a hum to her side caught her attention and brown eyes sparked with bloodlust flew wide open. It was time. All eyes went to her brother, but she kept her eyes pointed behind him, where he needed her gaze, alert for unexpected changes. Their Lord’s voice boomed over the field and his troops roared to life, making Manea jump into action, only a small step behind Apollo. Her blade was held low and balanced before she lifted it to face another creature. Her brother was thrown back, so she lifted her shield and changed her stance to balance herself out. She barely succeeded. The sound the creature made pierced her ears, but she mercilessly went on with what she was doing: getting to as many of those creatures as she could.

Wolf growls resounded underneath the shrieks coming from all sides and Manea was probably the only person on the whole field with a grin on her face. Her need for battle only being powered by the amount of chaos around her, chaos fueled her on. Fire came from all sides as well and she could feel the warmth seeping through her armor. As another creature fell at her feet, she pushed through the horde, black eyes skimming back to her brother for a split second. Not to check up on him, he could fight his battles perfectly fine, but to show off her presence. She was here for him, for Caer Scion, for the North.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.
Demi

Character Sheet
Tyrr Larsson
Tyrr Larsson
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 14:57

let me die first
or i will die twice

The undying hit the army like an unstoppable wave. Left and right, his comrades in battle were being mowed down by the barely human creatures. Teeth were sunken into flesh, which was promptly ripped to shreds while men howled in pain. Blood flowed, swords clashed, and the people around him seemed to die like flies. The barrels and the fire had thinned out the horde somewhat, but Tyrr’s section of the army still received a significant portion of the undead. Barely, just barely, they managed to stand their ground for a while.

Even though they had been standing on a large, snowy field, Tyrr felt as if he couldn’t move. Everywhere around him there were bodies, both of undying and what used to be the living. He swung his axe as many times as he could bring himself to lift his arms, again and again and again. The screeches of pain – if they even felt such a thing – of the monstrosities became nothing but background noise as he hacked and slashes his way through them. He didn’t stop until he sent their heads rolling to the ground, sure that they wouldn’t be able to hurt any northerner again. But no matter how hard he fought, the end didn’t seem to come.

And Tyrr was only mortal, bound by the limits of his own body. As he went on for what felt like a small eternity, his arms started to burn of soreness. The axe was heavy, even more so as he continually moved it with as much force as he could. The faces of his fellow soldiers that had fallen started to get to him. They did not look peaceful; they looked cold, afraid, maimed. A few had been ripped apart so horribly that their own mothers would not even recognize them if their body was to be sent home. For a little while, he was almost afraid that no one else would be left soon.

Still, he kept going. If he was going to go down, he would take every godforsaken undying with him. He would spend his dying breath defending his homeland from this threat. Once more, he planted the blade of his axe into one of the creatures, which loudly shrieked. The sound was ear-deafening, and Tyrr lifted his axe once again to make it stop forever. Just as he lifted the hefty weapon, another came charging from the side. Everyone at his left had briefly disappeared, or died, or both, leaving his flank open and vulnerable to attack. A bestial roar came from his own throat as the creature lunged at him, sinking its sharp claws deep into the flesh of his ribcage. He fell to the floor, dropping his axe to the ground as he wrapped his large hands around the monster’s throat. Face to face with it, he could see the nightmarish face. Teeth like knives, rotten flesh, and hollow, sunken eyes. There was hardly any trace left of their former humanity. Its limbs were long, and its claws were sharp, so much that Tyrr couldn’t defend himself against the onslaught. The talons scraped through his armour like paper, carving into his skin with ease.

After that, he could no longer resist the creature’s strength. Every muscle in his body was sore and worn out, unable to defend himself from sudden death. He felt the life drain out of him slowly as the undying ripped him up. Tyrr lost the little bit of leverage he had on the creature’s throat, and that horrid mouth did not hesitate as it leaned in quickly to bite at his throat. A primal scream left his mouth, although it sounded deformed by the gurgling of blood. Tyrr’s dark eyes looked up, towards the northern sky, trying to forget about the creature which was frantically feasting on him. He was home, above everything. Weakly, his hand reached out, hoping that Freyja would still be out there somewhere. It was too late to save him, but he would not be alone. The blood bubbled up from his mouth, streaming along his face. He knew this was it, that this was the death he had dreamt of. Laying down his life to protect his homeland. It was horrid, and brutal, but it was alright.

He hadn’t died in vain today.  

death, too,

must be earned
No surrender Vr6MPnu
Daan

Character Sheet
Freyja Skarsgård
Freyja Skarsgård
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 21:22
the world was on fire and
no one could save me but you
Once she had taken her place by his side, everything suddenly was so clear. She had made mistakes in the past, and she hoped that her presence here today would show her Lord that she was indeed loyal to the North. She was still young, and she had done things she wasn’t proud of, but it was time she would leave the past behind her and look at the future. Her future was bright, if they were to survive this battle. She would finally be able to hold her fiancé in her arms again, to feel his lips against hers while the rough hairs of his beard scratched over her porcelain skin. She now know that it was the little things that mattered, that she had tried to think too big. Being by his side, fighting for their homeland, that was how things were supposed to be.

The eyes of the wolf shoot up to the sky once it was lit up with hundreds of burning arrows. Some barrels had already hit the target in front of them, and for a moment she froze as she noticed how many of them were actually out there. Her eyes darted up once more, watching the large man that was tightly holding his ax, and then the white wolf that had positioned her at his other side. They would try to have his back in this terrifying battle. Her eyes flashed back to the target, which was about to crash into them. A soft growl left her mouth as she waited, jumping forward to the first undying that had come her way, ripping it into shreds.

A nasty taste of rotten meat was stuck in the mouth of the auburn wolf, but there was no time to be bothered by that. She fought by the side of her fiancé and her sister. She noticed how one of the monsters ran up to Tyrr, about to take him down while he was busy decapitating another one. A loud growl left her mouth as she jumped up, trapping the undead under her paws as she buried her teeth in its neck, continuing until he wasn’t a threat anymore. Her blue eyes shot up, looking for Tyrr. Where was he? Another one of the undead came her way, and she waited until the right moment to grab him by one of his legs with her teeth, trying to pull him down so she could end him too.

She could feel how the animal was getting tired. There was no time for that now, though, as she had lost Tyrr in the crowd of the living and undead. Her ears moved as she picked up a sound. His sound. The auburn wolf lifted her head, hearing the loud scream that left his mouth. One of the undead had gotten to him. She immediately leaped forward, dodging a fighting warrior on her way. The monster was on top of him already, and panic hit her. No, no, no. The auburn wolf growled as her jaws clenched around the neck of the monster, forcing it to let go of Tyrr’s neck. She pulled the undead off of him, ending his immortal life with the snapping sound of his neck. Her eyes then shot to her fiancé, and she could feel how the world slowly crumbled away underneath her. She had been too late. Blood was gushing out of the wound the undead had made in his neck. The wolf immediately stepped closer as she saw his hand reach out to her. She gently pressed her nose against his neck, as if that would somehow soothe him, undo the damage that was already done. A soft, whining sound came from the throat of the auburn wolf as she locked eyes with him. Her Tyrr. She leaned down and gently brushed her head against his. She wanted him to know that she was right here, and that she wasn’t going anywhere.  

She slowly lifted her head up, looking down upon the lifeless body of her fiancé. The greatest, most noble warrior in the North had fallen today. Her love. Her sun and stars. He was no more. And neither was their bright future together. It wasn’t fair. So many things had been left unsaid. She had wanted to tell him how much she loved him, how grateful she was for having him in her life, how proud she was that soon she would’ve become his wife. Lady Larsson. Now, everything was bleak. The auburn wolf looked up at the sky, feeling how the air packed together in her throat before a long, mournful howl echoed over the battlefield. When another one of the undead came her way, she laid her ears back. Nobody would touch him. Not until her last breath. And so she fought every undead that dared to come close to his body, shredding every single one of them. At a certain point, the body of the auburn wolf started to tire, and one of the undying saw his chance, biting through the thick fur. Until her dying breath. Slowly, the wolf sugged down, her head resting on top of the chest of the fallen warrior. Someone else ended the life of the undead, and then everything around her faded into black.

She would wake up in her own body, gasping for air as she opened her eyes. Safely behind the walls of Caer Scion. Freyja sat up, feeling the tears burn behind her eyes. Her lower lip trembled as she tried to control her breathing, but it had no use. A loud sob left her mouth as she clutched her belly, tears slowly dripping down her face. She had lost the man she loved. The man she had loved more than anything else in her life. Now, he was gone. She would never hear his low voice ever again, she would never feel his strong arms wrap around her slender frame. And she hadn’t even been able to tell him how much she cared for him. She had no idea how to go on from this. But there was one thing she did know.

She knew a part of her had died with him today.
+ tagtyrr <3
+ notesnone
BY MITZI

my skin has turned

from porcelain,

to ivory, to steel
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum