Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

AUTUMN

Temperatures stopped rising, but have yet to lower as autumn arrives in Avalance. Precipitation is still rare and mostly accompanied by thunderstorms.

Current Event

Long Live the Queen

The Queen is dead. House Aldyr is mourning the loss of their queen, while Lady Zehirah has been crowned Queen of Ashax.

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Fenrir Myrkrith
Mini-avatar : After hours - Page 3 VRKN0VN
IC posts : 51
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Fenrir MyrkrithAvalance Citizen

After hours - Page 3 Empty
Re: After hours

on Mon 29 Jun 2020, 18:43

She shrieked and he started laughing loudly. Yeah, this took them right back to when they were younger. Given that he was older than her he always had the upper hand in anything. Carrying her around on his shoulders, that kind of fun brother-sister stuff. ’You still act the same.’ The man teased playfully as he looked her in the eyes. Joking off course, or well partially joking that was. Shooting her a wink soon enough as he pulled a hand through his long hair.

’Well, you have your stance right now. You know what to do with your anger. And you’ve got the movement down to throw a hard punch. Don’t say I didn’t teach you anything, because you didn’t get to punch me.’ He smirked softly. ’Besides, who knows maybe I’m around tomorrow as well. Otherwise I’ll come find you in Goldenleaf soon enough.’ He wouldn’t be that far away anymore. Since he was going to Wineport to help out with the refugees, then maybe he’d go back to the Highlands or get stuck in the Glade depending on when that would happen.

Alison Carthas
Mini-avatar : After hours - Page 3 DwQhV3um_o
IC posts : 64
Alias : Cat

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Alison CarthasAvalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 11:03

she's like the winter sun
her ruddy edges slightly blurred
He started laughing, a loud, bouldering laugh, that made her forget everything else. It was impossible for her not to join in. "I do not! I'm a lady now." she giggled. She blew a strand of hair away from her face that had gotten loose from the pins as he'd picked her up. Very ladylike.

She looked at him as he explained everything he'd taught her. Well, sure, if you put it like that... "Alright, I suppose you're right. But I still want to use those swords, so you better come back for a follow-up training." she grinned. She didn't like that it was uncertain when she'd see him again, though. But everything was uncertain in these times, so she supposed it was just something she would have to learn to live with. Soon enough they would all be back in Goldenleaf, and then her and Fred would finally get married. "Will you be careful?" she asked, looking up into his hazel eyes. It was silly, as she knew he would be fine. He could take care of himself. But still, she needed the reassurance.
TAG: Fenrir

"be great or be nothing"
Fenrir Myrkrith

Character Sheet

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 17:32

’Are you now? Hmmm, you were a lady back then as well. So, nope you still act the same.’ Fenrir smirked at her, shooting her a wink. Just messing around with her felt more than alright. It was something that he in fact needed at this point. Not because something was wrong with him or anything, but just because he needed a friend close and Alison was more than just a friend. She was the sister he never had, the one that actually kept him alive for all these years.

’Oh, I will. Though Frederick can teach you as well. But I will come back, maybe not here but to Goldenleaf?’ He smiled warmly at the young woman. As she asked him to be careful, he softly placed his arms around her and pulled her close. ’I will, because well I need to see you get married don’t I?’ The man shot her a wink, softly kissing the side of her head before he let her go again. ’Let’s get you back hm? Before Frederick sends out a search party.’ Yeah, that wasn’t going to happen but he didn’t want to risk them being too late, since darkness was already settling in it would be dangerous enough.

Alison Carthas

Character Sheet

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 19:29

Alison laughed, shaking her head. No point in trying to argue that, not when they were in a teasing mood like this one. All lighthearted, of course. She knew him well enough that they could say anything to one another, no walking around on eggshells. She could be moody sometimes, which made most people watch their words, but not Fenrir. Which was great, it was exactly what Ali needed. No bullshitting around.

"Hmm, I'm not sure Fred would like to teach me. I think it is vital that you come to Goldenleaf so you can do it." she said with a smirk. Truth was, maybe Fred would, but then Fenrir would have no excuse to come back and she wasn't going to let that happen. He pulled her into a hug and she sunk into it. The warm furs he was wearing reminded her of the north, and besides, he gave great hugs. "You do! Can't you come help with the preparations and then... stay indefinitely afterwards?" she said half-jokingly, her green eyes looking up at him. Of course she knew he couldn't, but she wished he could. Then almost all her loved ones would be close. She lingered a little as he let go, but of course is was right again. She didn't want anyone to worry, and besides... Even though there hadn't been any reports of Undying at the border, one couldn't be careful enough in times like these. Luckily she had Fenrir, and her newly acquired skill set, of course. She doubted she would remember it all quickly enough if she actually found herself in danger, but it was definitely a start. "Yes, let's go back." It was getting dark quite quickly. Alison turned around to find his horse was still standing where he'd left it. Good boy. She picked up the reins, throwing them over his ears so they could use them again. "Help me up?" she asked Fenrir. It was always a little tricky with a dress on.

"be great or be nothing"
Fenrir Myrkrith

Character Sheet

on Thu 02 Jul 2020, 21:35

‘Can you stop with the thinking that I’m not coming back to you?’ The man raised a brow at the blonde. He understood what she was getting at. She wanted him either close by or him writing on a weekly basis. He would come back to her. Because that’s what he always did. And Fenrir had promised already that he would write more and come by more often when she was in Goldenleaf. It was easier to reach the city in the Glade than going back and forth to the North.

His arms were wrapped neatly around her just holding her close. Chuckling at her words. ’Me? Weddingplanning? That’s not for me doll and you know it. Me staying indefinitely is something else, I can think about that maybe.’ He raised a brow, that was the best he could do for now. Just come around for her, maybe settle down for just a little bit. It actually sounded quite good, but it all depended on the contracts that were being offered in the end. But it was time to go back to the outpost. Since it was getting dark quite fast and he wasn’t planning on running into an animal or worse an Undying. That would be too much. Fenrir gathered the wooden play swords and put them in the saddlebag, before he offered his hand as a step for Ali so she could get on the horse. Getting on the steed himself and shortly glancing back. ’Hold on okay?’ He hummed softly, shortly clicking with his tongue which made the horse walk back to where they came from.

Alison Carthas

Character Sheet

on Fri 03 Jul 2020, 00:47

Could she stop thinking that he wouldn't come back? No, probably not, but she didn't think it would be wise to say that out loud. Truth was, she would always worry, even if he did write every week, even if he would live in Goldenleaf. But she wouldn't tell him that, for fear that it would hold him back. Although she was fairly sure that he had figured that much out by now. He wasn't stupid after all, and she wasn't exactly secretive about her feelings. She could be, sometimes, when she really needed to keep a straight face and keep her cool. Just not with him.

Alison laughed. "What, you don't want to pick out flowers? That is such a shame." No, she wouldn't put him through that kind of torture. That's what she had Fred for, after all! It was fun to tease Fenrir about it though, knowing he would be the last person to care about all that frivolous nonsense. The next part he said was more interesting however. She turned around, a puzzled look on her face. "Really? You would do that?" she asked, her low voice sounding almost unbelieving. She had just been joking, of course, as they'd just established what a nomad the man was. Not that she wouldn't like it, on the contrary: she would love it if he could stay even for a little while, otherwise she wouldn't have said anything about it. But she didn't want him to give up his freedom just to keep her entertained. It's not like she would be lonely, after all.

With his help she hopped on, and they started their little trip back to the stronghold. The way he had told her to hold on made her think they would be galloping away, but no, it was merely a soft walk. Still better than falling off, she supposed. It wasn't long before she could make out the outpost's familiar shape, which was good as night was now really starting to fall. Thirty minutes later and it would've been a lot harder to see. This time around she really couldn't appreciate the darkness. Not that she was afraid, or, well, not for herself, at least. It just felt wrong to have Fenrir roaming around in the dark. Even if he was probably used to it, she still worried. Of course. "Hey, why don't you stay?" she asked him. "I mean, just for the night. I know you have to join the refugees, but you will have to sleep either way. Might as well be inside." she said softly. It would probably save her from a sleepless night as well, knowing that he would be safe.

"be great or be nothing"
Fenrir Myrkrith

Character Sheet

on Thu 09 Jul 2020, 18:35

’If you want dead flowers sure.’ Fenrir smirked at her, shooting her a wink. Nah, those flowerthingies weren’t exactly his thing. ’Can I give a speech though?’ That he could do, because that would be something that was expected from him right? Since he had known her for the biggest part of her life? Yeah, that was something that he in fact could do and would actually excel in as well. As she asked him he smiled softly. ’For you I’d do anything alright, keep that in mind will you. If you want me to set up base in Goldenleaf I’ll do that. But don’t expect me to quit doing what I do right away alright? Let me find my own way. But I’ll promise to stay close.’ Fenrir slowly concluded. Maybe it was indeed time to settle down a bit more. To just take some time for himself, see what he wanted to do with his life because he knew that he couldn’t keep this up until he died.

The stronghold came in sight and he hummed softly, picking up the pace. Softly galloping even, not because he was uncertain about the fact that they were alone. Just because he wanted to get her home safely, with Frederick. In the warmth of a fire that was crackling away somewhere. A question resounded and he glanced over his shoulder at her, raising a brow. ’I don’t want to take a bed away from a soldier that needs it.’ Fenrir calmly spoke. She was right though he needed his sleep as well. It would save him from falling a sleep on the back of his steed that much was true but still. He wasn’t keen on depriving a bed from someone that might actually need it. ’I’ll see myself to the stables or something.’

Alison Carthas

Character Sheet

on Fri 10 Jul 2020, 15:04

Alison smirked at that. ”Hmm, better not then.” Dead flowers wouldn’t exactly scream festivities. It was fine though, she didn’t expect him to actually grab this opportunity with both hands, and besides, she and Fred had already decided on the flowers. Well, on the colour, that was. The flowers would be blue, so maybe bellflowers would be nice? It was something she would have to further discuss with Fred though, not with Fenrir obviously.

She was a little surprised when he mentioned giving a speech, not having previously considered the idea. ”Yes! Absolutely!” she said. As soon as she said it though, she felt a little guilty for making him speech when he didn’t even really know what he would be talking about. Not completely. Although, on the other hand… What was so bad about their marriage? They did love one another and Alison was sure that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. That much had become clear in the past few months that they had been separated. The only thing that was missing was the romantic spark, but compared to other arranged marriages, that wasn’t too bad, right? Except that she did have another love. One day or another she would have to tell Fenrir, it wouldn’t be fair to keep lying to him. Especially if he would indeed decide to stay in Goldenleaf. ”I would love that, Fen. As long as I won’t be holding you back.” She didn’t want him to give up his freedom for her, just like she didn’t want Nyx to do so either. But if she was being selfish, then yes, she would want all of them in Goldenleaf.

When the horse started to go in a soft canter, Alison put her arms around Fenrir’s waist and rested her cheek on his back, listening to his heartbeat pick up the pace just as the horses’ legs did. She was watching the trees go by as he responded to her question. Hmpf. ”You don’t always have to be a gentleman.” she said, although she knew there was no way she could convince him.

"be great or be nothing"
Fenrir Myrkrith

Character Sheet

on Tue 14 Jul 2020, 16:30

’Good, I’ll start preparing one already then.’ Fenrir smirked softly. Yeah, that was something that he could in fact do for the both of them. Though it would be more about Alison then about Frederick for sure but that was a chance that he wouldn’t let go to waste. A smile curled around his lips just at the thought of it, riding out further and further. He was happy that they had found each other that much was true. But the man could feel that something was off, he didn’t know what and honestly it was their business he didn’t need to know. But there was something else there that he couldn’t pinpoint right away. Though it didn’t mean that he didn’t support this wedding completely. They made each other happy and that was the most important thing after all wasn’t it? ’You won’t ever be holding me back doll. I think it’s time for me to put down some roots somewhere. And I’d rather have that to be close to you.’ Fenrir smiled warmly at her, it was time that he in fact started to grow up. Maybe even find someone of his own. Though that was something that he would worry about later.

’It’s not about being a gentleman is it? It’s about those men needing beds, they need to be ready to fend of whatever is coming if the Undying break through. They need to be well rested. They are fighting I’m not. I’m the coward that chose to go with the refugees to help them out.’ Which felt wrong for sure. But it was also needed. So no, he would not be stealing beds of soldiers. He’d sleep in the stables or something. Those were warm as well.

Alison Carthas

Character Sheet

on Mon 20 Jul 2020, 00:27

Their little talk about the future made Alison smile. Soon they would be back in Goldenleaf and then they would actually have the time to think about trivial stuff like speeches. And if he could stay for some time after the wedding that would be even better. She barely dared thinking about it, but… If they ever would be blessed with a child it would mean a lot if the little one could see their ‘Uncle Fenrir’ often. That was still so far away, though - truth be told, she would be very happy for herself, too.

Okay, so maybe Fenrir was right that there were others who were more in need of a bed, but that was all that Alison was in agreement with. ”Fenrir, you know you are no coward. I think it’s much more brave to put your life on the line for those who can’t protect themselves.” she said earnestly. The knights of the Glade could be separated into two breeds; the noble ones who genuinely wanted to serve and protect, and those who were only seeking fame and glory. Obviously her fiancé belonged to the former, but even then his loved ones were miles and miles away. There was less of a direct threat to them currently, while the refugees would have a rough journey ahead. Women, children… They wouldn’t stand a chance in the woods without anyone to protect them. Of course fending off the Undying took a lot of courage, but it was an easier task to do recklessly, to get lost in. With children present, actually present and not just in the back of ones mind, there was an emotional aspect that had to be managed as well. Kind of like he’d just taught her; you couldn’t let your anger get the best of you. And so she believed that Fenrir’s role might be even harder than the knights’. But it didn’t really matter if she believed that, all that mattered was that he did, too. That he knew he was the farthest thing from a coward. ”They are so lucky to have you. You know that, right?” she asked him. ”And I’m grateful, too. I know I can count on you to get them all to safety.” she said, her eyes soft. Even if she wouldn’t be returning north for a while to come, they still felt like her people.

By the time they reached the stronghold, it was almost completely dark. The sun worked in funny ways during wintertime, that was one thing that Alison was familiar with. The horse walked down the courtyard and Alison hopped off. It was quieter than when they’d left as everyone was probably eating or already finished. ”I suppose I can’t convince you to stay for dinner?” she said with a smirk.

"be great or be nothing"
Fenrir Myrkrith

Character Sheet

on Mon 20 Jul 2020, 14:20

If one thing had always been uncertain for him it had been the future. There was nothing more that was so uncertain for a man doing the job he did. But here he was. Willing to put that all behind. To finally become something else. Something that Alison could in a way be proud of. Someone to have closeby as god knows what. There would always be something for him to do he reckoned. But then it would also mean that he needed to be done with every contract that he had taken one. Which weren’t so much anymore to begin with due to the circumstances they were in. But nonetheless, it would be a complete change for him. Yet, one for the better that was what he believed in right now.

As she spoke he softly hummed at her words. Shrugging. Maybe not in her eyes he wasn’t. But in his own eyes the man was nothing more than a coward indeed. Sure, there hadn’t been a chance that he could’ve fought in the army of the Freyr’s so he had taken up the next best thing. Because he needed to do something for his people. He needed to do something for the people that had harbored him for so long. Like her parents, like Alison herself. Sure, they weren’t amongst them but Fenrir was trying to make a difference for them. No matter in what little way that was. ’They might be lucky, who knows at this point.’ The man stayed rather calm under the subject, his mind was made up about it anyways. ’I wish I had gotten through to your parents, but they wouldn’t just budge. But I reckon that they will be safe.’ He hummed softly, smiling. Her parents, people he considered as his own next of kin in fact.

When reaching the stronghold and the woman getting off of the horse he smiled warmly at her. Hopping off as well and chuckling at her words. ’You can’t. Besides. I’m more of the lone wolf kind of type, don’t do well in groups. I’ll wait with leaving until you are awake tomorrow alright. So we can properly say goodbye or well, a see you soon might be better.’ He shot her a wink, shortly pulling her in an embrace. ’Everything will be alright. I promise.’

Alison Carthas

Character Sheet

on Tue 21 Jul 2020, 01:07

Yes, she knew how stubborn her parents were. Fenrir wasn't the first one who tried to convince them to leave after all. It didn't sit well with Alison, she didn't like it one bit. But at the same time she knew they were tough. She just had to believe they would be alright.

Of course she couldn't convince Fenrir of anything, just like she thought; he was just too stubborn in his beliefs. And no matter how much she wanted him with her for dinner, she already knew before asking that he wouldn't join her. Which was fine, everyone was different. Luckily for her he wouldn't be gone just yet. "Alright. I will see you tomorrow, then." she said as they hugged, then giving him a soft kiss on his cheek. "Good night." She let go of him and gave him a soft smile, before turning around and heading inside.

"be great or be nothing"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum