⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Always take the weather with you X10
Cat.

Character Sheet
Magic: Death Magic
Rhysand Corbin

Always take the weather with you Empty Always take the weather with you

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 15:00
H
is mind had been way too pre-occupied with anything that didn't matter at this point. A marriage, his best friend suddenly leaving, snowstorms and now, as a wake-up call, an Undying threat. That last two points were things that actually did matter, but his head decided that a marriage and Cirina just suddenly being gone, were far more important.

As he made his way through the city, he tried to shield himself from the snow that just kept on falling. Most people stayed inside, inns were overcrowded with refugees and to make sure that at least everyone in Aeldun had somewhere warm to stay, Rhysand had opened the castle for anyone seeking a place to stay. Their foodstocks were emptying rapidly and so far, there was no sign of help. The letter with Apollo had given him hope, but that was wavering now. Rhysand didn't want to be known as the Lord that let his people starve or die from the cold at the most dire time, but he wasn't sure how to solve this problem either.

He was making his way towards the small library that Aeldun had, hoping that the scolars there had found some information on the Undying or anything that would help them protect them from the monsters. So far, they had little luck. As he made his way, he was mostly looking at the road beneath his feet, making sure to not trip over any hidden rocks covered in the snow. There was a sudden flash of red, before he collided with something far bigger than a rock beneath his feet and he felt himself falling. Soon, his coat and body were covered in snow and hastily, Rhysand sat upwards to see what, or in this case, who, was outside at this hour with this kind of weather.

Always take the weather with you CeAMslfq_o
Bo

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

Always take the weather with you Empty Re: Always take the weather with you

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 20:38

At some moments, May really asked herself why she couldn’t just think about five seconds before executing an idea on her mind. Living in the south of the glade certainly made her aware of the colder winters that could happen, and she even had some clothes for it. But those mostly consisted of a few thicker coats and the shreds of hope it would only last a few days. So far, that strategy had worked just fine. If it really was too cold to go outside, in her opinion, she’d just stay close by the fire. Or cry when her firewood was running out of stock, grit her teeth and go get some anyway after. In the worst case she’d just travel south or visit Achilles -or both, it was always hard to track the man down.

Now, about halfway through her whole journey to the Cursed Reach those clothes she did snatch after her brilliant idea to find out whether the rumours were true or not, were far from warm enough to keep her at a reasonable temperature. Quite logical, if she had thought about that before, but too late now as she hadn’t felt her fingers in days. Making her check them occasionally if they still were there and if they hadn’t turn black already.

It was when she could barely move her lips anymore, the redhead decided she would seek shelter in a nearby city. Although you could say a lot of things about her sanity, May knew she wasn’t going to survive if she kept on going like this. Luckily for her, the city was easier to find than she’d thought. Apparently, she had been closer than she thought.
The sight of buildings that wouldn’t have the dreadful snow she was shielding herself from inside, was enough to fix her gaze upon. She hadn’t expected anything to be in her way as she felt like falling down from the cold at any moment now, most certainly not a person. She didn’t even see the man she bumped into as she got launched to the ground. The lady frowned as she slowly raised herself on an elbow, puzzled by the scene itself. Excuse me, what are you doing here?’ Were May her first words as she blinked a couple of times at him, she had been in her way towards at least some warmth after all.

I'll rip through the hornet's nest
Do you understand I deserve the best?

Always take the weather with you 66ucXAzI_o
Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 20:53
E
veryone was supposed to be inside at this point. The day was nearing its end and even though you couldn't see the sun through all of the thick clouds, it was definitely setting. Rhysand wanted to make his visit to the library as short as possible, and it probably would be given the fact that it most likely didn't harbor any information on the Undying, and then make his way to the castle. The thought of getting warm near a fire with some mulled wine gave him the last push to continue through the treacherous snow.

But his journey was halted as he had collided with a girl. Her hair was the first thing he noticed, as it stood out from all of the white around them. A little perplexed, Rhysand sat in the snow, staring at this girl who didn't even seemed prepared for the littles of snow. ''I can ask you the same question.'' He started, getting up with a groan and feeling the snow soak through his coat and into his clothes. Great. ''What are you doing outside? It's freezing and there's another storm coming!'' Rhysand had never seen her here before, and with hair like that, he probably would have recognized her. He stretched out a hand she could grab to make her get up with a little more grace. And just because he didn't want her to freeze in the snow, which was a little more important than getting up gracefully.

Bo

Character Sheet
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 21:24

It was the shock of her body slamming on the cold, iced ground that further confirmed her thoughts on how cold she actually was. She had simply pushed those thoughts away as they stood in the way of her goals. This all had been an obstacle anyway, as she just wanted to see the swarm of undying herself, really. Somewhere, the redhead realized it wasn’t going to be any less cold along her total travel, but she didn’t want to admit it just yet.
So, she stared at the stranger while she was being even more confused than she had been moments before. He seemed to have the same expression as she had on his face, making the lady frown even deeper while she ignored the multiple snowflakes already trying to cover her.

May watched him stand up again before she stared at the snow. ’I’m just on my way to the Cursed Reach.’ The redhead pointed out, momentarily getting distracted by the little cloud her words made, coming from her blue lips. ’Well..’ May started at his question while she looked back up at him, hadn’t she just told him what she was doing outside? She didn’t hesitate as she took his hands while she stood up, looking down at her clothes that were more covered in snow than not. ’I’m just a little cold.’ The lady spoke after, as she realized why she’d come to this city in the first place. While readjusting her wild red hair -but only making it worse, she watched him for seconds. ’Do you know a place to warm up?’

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 09:34
A
fter his visit to the library, he would most likey seek out his sister. Carmilla knew what to do and with no one else to fall back on, he felt the urge to accompany his sister even more. It was a shame that he was the eldest of the two, as his sister always seemed to have a plan for everything. She would do a much better job at governing than he was doing right now.

But it had all fallen on his shoulders, and as the cold seeped into his bones, he realized more than ever how many people depended on him. This woman in front of him, clearly did not. 'Just' on her way to the Cursed Reach, Rhysand wasn't sure if she was joking with him, or actually serious. Perhpas the cold had made her delirious. ''You'll most likely freeze to death with this weather and if not, whatever is out there will get you soon enough.'' He grumbled. The snowflakes started to fall at a faster rate, the wind picking up. The storm would soon be here. ''You can accompany me to the library if you want,'' He offered, brushing some of the snow from his clothes. ''It's warm there and one of the very few places here that is not overcrowded with people.'' It would be nice to enjoy some silence in these dire times. Even if it was just for a little moment.

Bo

Character Sheet
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 13:34

May her suspicion rose up almost immediately as her hazy thoughts started to wonder why he would be out in this weather in the first place. Maybe he had a goal like she had, which would be her only logical explanation to why he was here. But maybe, he’d deliberately stopped her in her tracks because he didn’t want her to know more about the whole crisis. Maybe it was all a secret conspiracy after all, he could be part of it and if he really wanted to stop her, maybe he wanted to stop her from finding out the real truth to what was going on with all those undying.  

It made her look back at him with a different view, immediately on guard while her body language became a little more hesitant. His words only confirmed that thought, but she decided upon playing his game along as she did need some warmth right now. ’Have you seen them?’ May asked instead, testing as she looked curiously to him, copying his action by brushing the snow off her thin coat as well. The whole thing was drained, meaning she really didn’t have another choice than going along with the stranger. ’That would be very nice.’ She responded in a polite manner, a little frown still upon her face. Her face light up once he told her it wouldn’t be too busy. ’Even better, I’m not that great with many people.’ She told him, it being a little self-preservation. For now, she would sit this one out and wait for the first opportunity to continue her travel.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 14:02
B
eing out here wasn't any good for his already deteriorating health. Being exposed to cold, snow and now soaked clothes would not do him any good. But for the sake of trying to find a solution or something that might bring them to better times, he put himself on the line. He didn't want to go down without making a name for himself, and so he made his way to the library to let his hopes be disappointed once more.

The girl in front of him seemed skeptical, which he could understand. Besides the two of them, there was no one outside. No one even dared to as Rhysand had commanded them to stay inside himself. He shook his head, starting to make his way towards the building on the other side of the square. ''They haven't reached Aeldun, yet. Thank Solista and Yunuen for that.'' He spoke, though he didn't sound as relieved as he wanted to be. What wasn't could still happen and he was afraid of what was to come. ''I guess you and I have something in common then.'' He mumbled, as she spoke that she wasn't very good with many people. He had to be around people the rest of his life and every night he would feel drained and exhausted.

As they ploughed through the snow, he gave her a look. ''What are you doing here? You're not from here.'' The clothes alone already gave off that vibe, but she herself would be hard to forget with a haircolor like that. He opened the door to the library, letting her enter first. Rhysand was glad to enter the warmth that the building offered. Anywhere was better but outside right now.

Bo

Character Sheet
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 08 Feb 2020, 22:38

On moments like these, the redhead wasn’t as sociable as she’d like herself to be. Although the lady knew that being strategic with her words in situations like these, she just couldn’t get herself together good enough to do so. She’d end up asking stupid questions, or reveal just how suspicious she was, making matters even worse. Mayleigh was battling herself more than she was communicating with the stranger, something she should do. And that damned cold did not help with that, at all.

While swiping away some of the snow that had already gathered on her forehead, May looked around. Despite the fact they were somewhat in the middle of the city, she could barely see her surroundings as they got swallowed by both a hazy mist and the thickening snowfall. It did make her lean onto the help of the stranger however, as she found some sense into his previous words. She really would freeze and die out here if she had been alone. His answer upon her question if he’d seen the undying again made her frown however, as she turned more hesitant towards him again. ’Thank, who?’ Was her first response, somewhat confused. ’But how do you know the stories are true then?’ May refocused her questions while she made sure to follow him, at this rate she wouldn’t even be sure whether she’d find that library on her own.
The next words made her smile relieved as he told her he wasn’t good with crowds either. Though, in the back of her head she did opt he’d just said it to earn her trust, she did believe him. For now. ’People just make me nervous.’ The redhead admitted, in a slightly shy manner as she didn’t really want to admit that truth. She’d just never learned.

The lady looked up as well at the rather pretty blonde after his questions, staring at him a little -as if she could really see much with weather this bad, before she answered. ’Like I said, I’m on my way to visit the Cursed Reach.’ May told him, like it was the most normal thing in the world before she smiled again, nodding at him while she entered the library. ’I’m Mayleigh by the way, I’m from Goldenleaf.’ She finished answering his question, introducing herself simultaneously while she sighed as she hadn’t realised how much she’d missed the warmth before.

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 10:49
N
o, this woman wasn't from here. If she couldn't even recognize the names of the Gods he worshipped, or almost the whole of the Highlands worshipped, it definitely meant that she had come from somewhere else and was probably crazy. Because who else would want to go to this part of Avalance with this kind of weather and the worst threat imaginable approaching? ''The Gods.'' Rhysand answered shortly, not wanting to go into a whole preaching moment. He wasn't good with that.

How did he know the stories were true? Well, that was an easy to answer question. ''Because if Lord Freyr says so, I take the warning as true.'' His relationship with the Freyrs was complicated, more so now that he was supposed to marry one. Something he wasn't exactly looking forward to, but how could he have refused? Because if he did, his head was probably on a spike just outside of Caer Scion, and he rather kept it on his body thank you very much. The man nodded, when the other spoke of people making her nervous.

Upon entering the library they were met with warmth and silence, both things welcomed by the young lord. He brushed some of the snow off his coat at the doorstep, glad to feel something else than the cold in his bones. ''If you go to the Cursed Reach, then you are going towards your death.'' Rhy replied calmly, wondering if this girl truly had gone mad. He'd never seen the Reach himself, but the stories were enough to keep him away. ''I'm Rhysand. I'm from here.'' He introduced himself when Mayleigh told him her name. Goldenleaf, all the way from the south of the Glade. ''If you're all the way from Goldenleaf, then this 'visiting the Cursed Reach'-thing must be really important to you.'' He spoke, raising his brow, looking around if there was anyone else present with them but the library was completely deserted except for the two of them. Good, it meant he could do his research in peace.

Bo

Character Sheet
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 22:01

Religion. If there was something Maybe could never understand, it would be worshipping a god that lived ages ago. There could never be solid prove that they’d existed, so it would be based upon trust from one on another. The redhead was known to be very bad at trusting someone in the first place, so if it included trusting in some god that would’ve made the impossible happen, she would never believe any of it. She’d been betrayed before too many times, and humans rather told her lies than the truth, she’d found out.
So, when he spoke the two words, the suspicion she already had about the blonde man peaked. ’Oh.’ Was her direct, awkward response. It told her enough, she simply couldn’t trust him, he was probably involved with the conspiracy too.

The lady was curious about how he was so sure about the whole crisis though, maybe she could find out a little more why they would make up such a story and what they’d be hiding. He spoke about Lord Freyr, which rang some bells inside her mind, but not enough to really figure anything out. ’So you just… trust him?’ The redhead asked, almost surprised as she studied his face for a few moments. Politics was something she couldn’t make much sense at, as that usually started with trusting another few people. That was where it went wrong for May in the first place.

It had been a while since Mayleigh had seen the inside of a building. Her journey had started directly after her pirating adventures she gave up after the first few trips on a boat, meaning she’d wandered around more than she’d been into a civilisation. The lady always needed her alone time, especially after she’d sat on a boat with a crew of twenty others, but this journey had taken it to the extreme. The lady carefully listened at his words, smiling rather arrogantly as he looked at him. ’I don’t think so.’ She told him, wondering what he would react upon it and with what arguments he’d come up to stop her from going.
Despite her suspicion, she felt somewhat relieved as he mentioned his name. She could never be sure if it was his real name, but it would do fine for now. ’Don’t you get sick of the snow and cold?’ She asked him as he told her he was from here, a sincere question upon which she frowned a little. It only got deeper by his next words, was it that important for her? ’… I guess…’ The lady answered, doubt clear within her voice. ’I just want to know the truth.’

Cat.

Character Sheet
Rhysand Corbin

on Wed 12 Feb 2020, 09:42
R
hysand didn't put all his faith and belief in the Gods, but it wasn't wrong to assume he believed that they had some say in what was happening. These snowstorms almost didn't feel natural and the sudden threat of the Undying made him think that maybe they were angry at something, or someone in this case. He didn't dare to think that it was because of the actions of his sister and him, but sometimes that doubt sneaked up on him. And it was hard to get rid of it again.

The young Lord shrugged, when May asked him if he just trusted Lord Apollo. ''You clearly haven't met him.'' He retorted, remebering his meeting with Apollo as well with his mother rather vividly. Both had an edge that Rhysand felt quite intimidated by, though he hated to admit it. The next thing he was amazed by was that May somehow was convinced that she would not die if she went to the Cursed Reach. Rhy stopped with unbuttoning his coat to stare at her. ''What makes you think that?'' He then asked calmly, curious to what her answer would be. He draped the soaked furlined coat over a chair, glad to shake some of the cold from him.

The next part now was to hopefully find a librarian, or do the work himself. Rhysand didn't mind searching for information in dusty old books, but only if he was certain that the information was there. And right now, he was pretty sure they had nothing on Undying. ''I do, but it is what I grew up with, I don't know much else.'' He spoke with a shrug, replying to her question about the snow and cold. ''I visited the Glade a few years back and a couple of times, but somehow that made me long for the snow back home.'' People said there was no place like home, and Rhysand wholeheartedly believed them. ''You don't like it?'' He grinned, already wanting to wish her good luck if she only wanted to venture deeper into the snowridden territory of the Highlands. She wouldn't make it far.

Bo

Character Sheet
Mayleigh Vaughn
Mayleigh Vaughn
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 16 Feb 2020, 20:45

There were so many stories that got around, some of them more mystical than others. May had even heard about the tales of dragons -a whole religion was bound to that apparently, and the lady only struggled with it. She just couldn’t understand how one would believe in giant beasts and their apparent rising when the people needed the most, wondering how many times that had happened before while nothing had showed up. No one could answer her questions if she’d ask about it and it even caused for anger against her as she was blamed for not believing a random story. It resulted in May pushing back upon every rumour, she could only believe something if she’d see it with her own eyes. She was ultimately the only one she could trust, most of the time.

People lied all the time as well; rumours were made to destroy the other and the redhead could never participate in it. So, when he answered her question, telling her she hadn’t met him before, which was the truth. Mayleigh looked at him, studying his face for a few moments before she responded. ’People can always lie.’ It was a flat answer, as she frowned softly while she tried to figure out how this man could trust someone that was that far away, it troubled her.
She followed his example by loosening the strap that wrapped the reasonably thin coat around her waist and finding out it wasn’t as waterproof as she’d once assumed it to be. The lady sighed, that would need some time to dry at least and it meant she really had to stay a night here instead of making progress to her goal. May hadn’t even noticed the man staring at her as she told him she wasn’t scared of the undying, making her shrug her shoulders nonchalantly as she hung up her coat. ’I’ve brokered my share of surviving undying already.’ Her words were just as nonchalant as she stared back at him, though she wasn’t fond of sharing much about herself, she’d learned from her past experiences that bringing the cult to the table wasn’t a good idea. People generally disliked them, and she could use his help.

May looked around, asking herself what the hell she was supposed to do for a whole night while she rubbed her arms. She had gotten colder than she’d firstly realised, feeling her body shiver from it. His words made her frown, while she couldn’t imagine living here permanently. ’You’ve missed a lot then.’ She spoke, not really thinking about the fact she was rude as that didn’t even cross her mind. In her opinion it seemed logical to seek for a better place if the climate didn’t suit, she herself moved about once a week due to that. His next words confused her, which immediately raised her suspicion again. He’d just contradicted himself and maybe that was the first sign of his façade to fall apart. ’So you don’t hate the cold that much?’ May asked him after, slightly tilting her head before she walked towards one of the bookcases. ’I will have to bite the bullet on this one, the truth is more important to me.’ It seemed logical to the redhead, for now, for now she’d survive this climate. It’d be all worth it in the end.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum